New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Breiland Beltmaster PRC - P3@CH

Belts are different things to different people. To some, they are a fashion accessory. To others a means of maintaining the latitude of one's pants. To a Breiland Beltmaster, they are a way of life. These tinkerers have are uniquely attuned to this middle-hugging band and they invest their time in unlocking its secrets.

The Breiland Beltmasters work out of their head office, at their guild hall, in the city of Sharn. Branches of the Beltmasters can be found across the nation's largest cities, and in a few larger foreign cities.

Prerequisites:
    Skills: Craft (Belt) 8 Ranks
    Infusions: Must be able to use third level infusions
    Special: Must have Crafted at least one magical belt

Skill Points at Each Level: 4+Int modifier

Class skills: Appraise, Concentration, Craft, Disable Device, Knowledge(arcana), Knowledge(architecture and engineering), Knowledge (the planes), Open Lock, Profession, Search, Spellcraft and Use Magic Device

Hit Die:d6

BREILAND BELTMASTER
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Belt Slots|Special|Infusions

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |2|Belt Mastery|+1 level of existing infusing class

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |3|Craft Reserve|+1 level of existing infusing class

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |4|Bonus Feat|+1 level of existing infusing class

4th|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |5|Belt Wand|+1 level of existing infusing class

5th|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |6|Belt Suit|+1 level of existing infusing class

6th|
    +4
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |7|Bonus Feat|+1 level of existing infusing class

7th|
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |8|Improved Belt Wand|+1 level of existing infusing class

8th|
    +6
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    |9||+1 level of existing infusing class

9th|
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |10|Bonus Feat|+1 level of existing infusing class

10th|
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |11|Superior Belt Wand, Belt Suit Perfection|+1 level of existing infusing class [/table]

Belt Mastery: Breiland Beltmasters have trained long and hard to be experts in the field of magical belts. Thanks to their expertise, they may add their class level to any UMD checks to craft magical belts and to any Craft(Belt) checks. Additionally, a Breiland Beltmaster halves any experience costs when making magical belts.

Belt Slots: A Breiland Beltmaster does not limit the wearing of belts to the loops in his pants, around his waist. He will wear a belt anywhere he sees fit. He may wear one additional belt for every level he takes in this class.

Craft Reserve: At second level and every level thereafter, a Breiland Beltmaster's Craft Reserve increases as though he gained a level in the Artificer base class.

Bonus Feat: At 3rd, 6th and 9th level, a Breiland Beltmaster gains a bonus Metamagic or Item Creation feat.

Belt Wand: At fourth level, the Breiland Beltmaster devises a new design: a rechargeable wand worn about the waist, which holds a first level spell, from the wizard, cleric or druid spell lists. It holds up to ten charges, and may expend one charge to use whichever first level spell it contains. Crafting the belt requires a scroll of the spell it will contain. The Beltmaster may change the spell contained by expending a scroll of another spell. Adding new charges to the wand costs 15gp per charge. Spells cast from the Belt Wand use the Beltmaster's caster level and intelligence modifier to determine level based effects and save DCs.

Belt Suit: At fifth level, the Breiland Beltmaster begins working on his masterpiece: a suit of armor made entirely of belts. Taking six magical belts in his possession, he spends three days cobbling them together, along with whatever other materials and components he finds necessary to complete the suit. These extra materials cost 1000gp. When he is done, the result is a suit of armor with AC +3, no arcane spell failure chance, a max dexterity modifier of +5 and a -1 armor check penalty. It retains all of the magical properties of the belts used in creating it. A Breiland Beltmaster may choose armor enhancements for his Belt Suit with a total enhancement bonus equal to the number of belts used in the suit. This suit is unique and may only be worm by the Beltmaster who created it.

Once the Belt Suit has been made, a Breiland Beltmaster may only wear belts by adding them to the suit. Adding a belt to the Belt Suit takes three hours and costs 200GP in materials. No more belts may be used in the suit than a Beltmaster has belt slots. Belts added to the suit are there permanently.

Improved Belt Wand: At seventh level, the Breiland Beltmaster improves upon his Belt Wand Design. The Belt Wand may now store a total of thirty charges, and may hold a second level spell, in addition to the previous spell. This second level spell may be used by expending two charges from the belt.

Superior Belt Wand: At tenth level, the Breiland Beltmaster finishes the design of his Belt Wand. It may now store a total of sixty charges, and, in addition to the previous two spells, may now contain a third level spell.

Belt Suit Perfection: At tenth level, the Breiland Beltmaster perfects his Belt Suit. Its AC increases by 1, its armor check penalty is eliminated and its max dexterity modifier increases by 2. The suit is immune to sundering and provides DR Class Level/-.

EDIT:
    Concern of mine: Is it too good? I'm afraid it might be too much of a no brainer, considering that most of what an Artificer loses by going in is a few few feats, and the class features he loses, he can pick up afterwards, on in the middle.
    Last edited by Mongoose87; 2010-01-28 at 06:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Ring of Evasion means never playing a monk with monk levels again. There is just no reason to dip that stuff. I know we're all about using every part of the buffalo here, but can we just admit that it's inedible?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Breiland Beltmaster PRC - P3@CH

Great, now all i can think of is Yahtzee's comments about Dante's contribution to Devil May Cry 4.

"While Dante concentrates on wearing too many belts..."

__________________________________________________ _________________

One thing of note is that Craft [Belt] would actually come under Craft [Leatherworking] or Craft [Blacksmithing] depending on the belt. Perhaps whitesmithing if you're in the market for bling.
    Last edited by Mulletmanalive; 2010-01-28 at 08:03 PM.
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, no one has any opinions about the class itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Ring of Evasion means never playing a monk with monk levels again. There is just no reason to dip that stuff. I know we're all about using every part of the buffalo here, but can we just admit that it's inedible?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

So, basically, you take a tier one class, the artificer, and then you give him a ton of cool abilities, and the only thing you take is one level of craft reserve? Sign me up.

It's a bit OP, I've got to say. The bonus feats even make up for the free ones you get as an artificer. I like the flavor of the clas a lot, but it's very abusable, and, in some cases, restrictive.

The belt armor thing really makes me sad. Lets say you get eleven awesome belts and, by level 17 or so, you make them all into one super awesome suit of belt armor. Then you find a better belt.

Darn, you're screwed. you can't just replace one, nor can you make another suit, because you have to throw the old one away. Why? Because no one else can wear it, and you can't take it apart. Basically, if you think that there is any chance of ever getting a better belt, you won't ever use your primary class ability. This is problematic.