New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld 140 The Battle for Gobwin Knob, Page 127

On a different note, what about Parson's special mission for Bogroll that he hopes not to use?

Given how similarly they're dressed and their sizes, he may intend to use Bogroll as a decoy if things go really bad... But maybe it's just the 'official' uniform of Parson's personal guard. (The other twoll is shown with different gear, so they do have other stuff available).

-V

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Heh.

I've been following the comic since the beginning, but this is the first time I've felt compelled to post here in the Erfworld forum. This is quite possibly my favorite strip so far. It is, without a doubt, the hardest/loudest I've laughed at an Erfworld strip to date. Well done!
    "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

3. - Top - End - #153
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by valce View Post
    On a different note, what about Parson's special mission for Bogroll that he hopes not to use?

Given how similarly they're dressed and their sizes, he may intend to use Bogroll as a decoy if things go really bad...
    The decoy thing wouldn't work against an enemy warlord (who can see stats, and would see no stats for Parson), unless Foolamancy can fake stats. (I speculated earlier that Ansom might jump to the conclusion that Parson and his lack of visible stats was a Foolamancy trick.)

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fendrin View Post
    A professor of mine in college pieced together bits of Britney Spears videos to recreate most of the dance.
    That needs to be put on YouTube...
    Oh it is the eyeball one.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    The swanky hats that Parson and Bogroll wear is the first reference to OoTS that I noticed in Erfworld. Surprising it took so long, but most likely I just missed something subtle before. I'm not a big fan of OoTS, so it's hard for me to relate unless it's something obvious. Anyway, does anyone want to guess what it means for Parson's character, in particular the ruthlessness?
    Yeah, that's what it reminded me of too. Maybe it's supposed to signify that Parson has become a sexy shoeless god of war (and while I don't really like Belkar, he has been having a string of crowning moments of awesome lately).

This strip, though, is awesome on so many levels it's like an awesome layer cake.

And whoever suggested Sizemore and the Golems doing Queen... yes. Just yes. I want to see that. wham wham clap ... wham wham clap ...

6. - Top - End - #156
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, WOW! I loved this one SO much, and I didn't even get the reference in that disclaimer until I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOj5H5W9zYo&NR=1
    (It's a little bleached out, but it's the entire vid!)

LOL!!! Great job, guys!
    Last edited by DeeJaye6; 2009-01-30 at 12:35 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Pixie in the Playground

That was boopin' awesome.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

I wonder if Ansom has contacted Jillian... concluding that foolamancy has been used would cause much confusion if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDan
    Who knows? Stanley probably has a lot of experience and has leveled a few times.

Ansom is a noble and thus probably started off with much higher stats than Stanley the piker. Nobles and royals also level faster.

Then there's the matter of the arkentools; Stanley is aligned with his. Ansom is not. That adds further complexity.
    If we are giving them their respective mounts and toys I would have to say Stanley hand down. Ansom would probably get one shotted by a lighting attack. Assuming he didn't get killed by the dwagon.

If we stuck them on the ground and handed them swords... I have no idea. We have only seen Stanley in action once and that was him Van de graffing...
    Last edited by Lamech; 2009-01-30 at 08:21 AM.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just as long as Parson doesn't start yelling at some unknown 'mancer who looks suspciously like Macaulay Culkin to: "Turn that noise off" and that he is "Wasting his time with that garbage, so go to bed" .

Then again, if it is the enemies dance retort, I can live with it.
    On the first day of Dnd my dm gave to me
    http://filbolg.wordpress.com/

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald_saveloy View Post
    I'm looking forward to the next round. Maybe almost no forces of the coalition can do dance-fighting, but there's at least one fraction, that does dance fighting practically as a signature attack: The Transylvio! Currently, the bats are away fighting Stanley, but if Stanley returns the next round (as predicted by some), we'll see a real dancefloor battle! Let's see who will be pwned!
    Then the man in the back said "Everyone attack" and it turned into a ballroom blitz.

And the girl in the corner said, "Boy, I wanna warn ya", it'll turn into a ballroom blitz.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Halfling in the Playground

Kobold

Wanda better get a happy ending. That is all.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by valce View Post
    I imagine it has something to do with Bogroll's greatest desire.

After all, when was the last time Parson seemed unwilling to use every pawn he had available?

EDIT: I'm shocked that nobody has Avi'd any of the Wanda panels yet. Particularly panel 10
    Last edited by Oracle_Hunter; 2009-01-30 at 02:00 AM.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

13. - Top - End - #163
    Pixie in the Playground

...haven't had a chance to read the thread yet...but holy boop! ...what a comic!

....Bogroll & Parson are such a dynamic duo with those Hamster helmets!
    Land of Immortals: Apocalypse - NWN2 PvP server....custom conquering system where players join an immortal battle for control of the lands resources....

come challenge my brute - warning, may be addictive

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Wanda wishes she was as cool as the clone of Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Pixie in the Playground

Um...
    Wanda

For some reason 7, 8, 9 kills me...
    Wanda comes out, walks right between them, and keeps going...
    not saying a word.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lemarc View Post
    He didn't say he thought the stack size maxed at eight.
    Thank you, saved me a little effort.

Departing into the realm of PURE speculation, I think max stack size might be related to the nature of the troops involved. So throwing together Gumps you run into problems pretty quickly, but when it's just bats no one remembers what the max stack size is anymore... maybe this is related to why Stanley only brought three KISS troops, although I can't imagine the logistics that would force that decision. It's equally likely he was just phrasing a personal preference as the will of the Titans. He'd do that.

Quote Originally Posted by fendrin View Post
    A professor of mine in college pieced together bits of Britney Spears videos to recreate most of the dance.
    Seriously, dude. Pics or it didn't happen.
    Last edited by Tubercular Ox; 2009-01-30 at 04:54 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tubercular Ox View Post
    Departing into the realm of PURE speculation, I think max stack size might be related to the nature of the troops involved. So throwing together Gumps you run into problems pretty quickly, but when it's just bats no one remembers what the max stack size is anymore... maybe this is related to why Stanley only brought three KISS troops, although I can't imagine the logistics that would force that decision. It's equally likely he was just phrasing a personal preference as the will of the Titans. He'd do that.
    I'm thinking Stanley was concerned about detectability there, but he brought a whole bunch of dwagons anyhow. So who knows for sure?
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

18. - Top - End - #168

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutant View Post
    Wow, Parson and Bogroll look especially similiar in that first panel. Looks like the folks that've been speculating that Bogroll would get mistaken for 'Lord Hamster' (unless Ansom bothered to specify that the real thing has two eyes; personally I doubt it- and he can't even know what color Hamster's skin is via Thinkagram!) could well be right, with possibly dire consequences for our favorite Twoll. (Then again, as folks have probably noted before me, it has been potentially foreshadowed.)

Awesome, awesome page. x)
    Good spotting! A potential Bogroll sacrifice-as-decoy is also forshadowed in 50 (third panel) , in 80 (last panel), and and in 95 (panel ten)!
    Last edited by Goshen; 2009-01-30 at 05:20 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Bugbear in the Playground

I want to make babies with Wanda Firebaugh. That outfit...
    "Look at me, I'm Robespierre!"

I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and their stuff together...okay, three, two, one, LET'S JAM!

20. - Top - End - #170
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    Hmm, could Sizemore make his golems dance? They already have all the rock theme and all. Or perhaps he's just not high level enough to do so.
    According to Klog #7 there were Crap, Soft Rock, Hard Rock, Acid Rock and a Metal Golems. The numbers certainly aren't accurate any more - whether from NSFW-ing or being killed, or more golems being made. In any case, Klog #9, gives us some idea what they look like (from left to right, I'd take a stab at Soft Rock, Acid Rock, Hard Rock and then Metal.)

When they saved Wanda from outside the walls, they moshed. GÖLEM NWOBHM'd. So then, what would they look like if they started dance fighting?

Well, apart from the headbanging, windmilling and general kvlt-ness, it'd be awesome to see a bunch of metal golems forming a circle pit in the middle of the RCC's line. Or a bunch of then dressed as cowboys from hell, or their slaughter being preceded by a high pitched scream and "Angel of Death!", or Sizemore, the master of golem puppets?

Who am I kidding, it's not like metal isn't easy to take the piss out of. A cameo by Dethklok would be more than enough to make me love the comic for ever.

Congratulations Erfworld, not only do you have yet another awesome episode, but you have me listening to For Whom the Bell Tolls before I've eaten my morning cornflakes.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Fez View Post
    As another note, its been discussed before but I do still wonder at the ongoing transition in sizes of chars and styles. Parson is no longer as towering as he was. In panel 8, he's only a couple inches taller than Bogroll, and clearly not the giant he was to Wanda and others. Similarly as someone pointed out even in this thread, Wanda's own style has changed dramatically, with more normal proportions of head and body. Is this something of consequence or just Jami evolving his aesthetic for the characters?
    I'm not noicing much art-shift in size. Other things (like proportion), sure (at least a bit), but not size. Look here (at Bogroll and Parson side by side for the first time):

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0031.html

And then here:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0140.html

That's pretty much the same difference in height. The same is more or less true of others.

Now Stanley really was tiny compared to Parson, but he's just not that big in general.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

Darkness falls across the land
    The midnight hour is close at hand
    Creatures crawl in search of blood
    To terrorize y'alls neighborhood

F YES.

Lately, I've been visiting the site and reading erfworld over and over, and spending time explaining my mates all the references...

Splendid, just splendid!
    FUGO ERGO SUM
    I run; therefore I am.

http://demlikposeti.com

My Rincewind avatar by the Dr.Bath, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Miko is made of fail, fail and error, error and sins, and an almost fanatical devotion to the 12 gods...

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ptorquemada View Post
    Yeah, that's what it reminded me of too. Maybe it's supposed to signify that Parson has become a sexy shoeless god of war (and while I don't really like Belkar, he has been having a string of crowning moments of awesome lately).
    I don't see any reference to OOTS in the hats. That's pretty standard stuff (usually that would have been a wolf or a bear).
    Last edited by teratorn; 2009-01-30 at 05:54 AM.
    Avatar: ruthless Parson (Erfworld).

24. - Top - End - #174
    Banned

Just when I'm wondering why I'm bothering to check erfworld, it makes me laugh.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Pixie in the Playground

*WOOOOT*

we'll get a thrilleeeeer, thriller fight!

one of the best pages so far: go parson go!

26. - Top - End - #176
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eraniverse View Post
    Wanda better get a happy ending. That is all.
    Happy ending?

I think she's the BBEG.

Let's look. Stanley said gobwins seized the city while he was out. Ansom says Stanley led the coup...

What if Wanda incited them?

It's been stated that captured units have notoriously low loyalty. She's a captured caster. All of her "you did not ask" omissions, all of her "you cannot stop me", citing duty... Could also be a lack of the same. (though she never said she was acting out of duty)

Let's face it. She has taken levels in badass after her suggestion broke. She went toe to toe with the leader of the enemy forces, and was wiping the floor with him until the archons got involved.

Ansom seems to think Stanley's not the brightest, and evidence at hand supports that. Wanda has shown that she manipulates him already. She had an ally in the enemy camp (captured rather than killed? Get out of jail free card?).

I love Wanda's character as much as anyone. But I smell doublecross on the horizon.
    Last edited by Talic; 2009-01-30 at 07:03 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is that the Red's warlord we can see in panel 5? All of her troops we've seen so far have used the one-handed swords with spiked ends.

If she wasn't at the back with the other two it makes sense she'd have been at the front with Ansom ready to lead the attack in.

28. - Top - End - #178

Jamie, Rob,

YOUR WORK ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I just got laid off and I'm still grinning at this, all hail the power of a well set up visual!

My ritual daily check of the comics must have come mere minutes before this page uploaded yesterday, but if I had seen it then, I wouldn't have had it pick me up the way it did today.

Thank you

29. - Top - End - #179
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talic View Post
    I love Wanda's character as much as anyone. But I smell doublecross on the horizon.
    ???
    If she simply did not constantly have "Crowning Moments Of Awesomeness"
    GK would have been toast long time ago (without even summing Lord Hamster)

30. - Top - End - #180
    Spamalot in the Playground

I think personally the best part of the comic is that I'm able to view it all without any server time-outs today. I love the artwork on this one. Boy the traffic in the past couple weeks have been heavy. Just shows how awesome this comic is!
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races