New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Notes About the Erfworld Book

If you're going to make an eBook make it .cbr archives. For the uninitiated, it's essentially a .rar of images that are read through a program like CDisplay where it displays one page at a time so it's exactly like you're reading a book.

As for moneys, just host it on some server or another and link it to paypal.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by R. Malcovitch View Post
    If you're going to make an eBook make it .cbr archives. For the uninitiated, it's essentially a .rar of images that are read through a program like CDisplay where it displays one page at a time so it's exactly like you're reading a book.

As for moneys, just host it on some server or another and link it to paypal.
    While I can't deny that would make it easy, it would also guarantee that it'd be on every bittorrent site around within days.

Those things are as easy to upload as they are to read.

Hell, can you honestly say 4chan wont /rs/ a book that MENTIONS 4chan?
    Last edited by kagato23; 2009-04-27 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Clarification of point.
    /co/ is love.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Might be a little premature (and could be impossible for all I know), but I'd like to mention sendit.com. They ship to anywhere WITHOUT shipping charge. Which is a major incentive to miserly bastards all over the place.
    Founder of the Fanclub of the (Late) Chief of Cliffport Police Department (He shall live forever in our hearts)
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!
    Shameless shill:

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

My son now reads OOTS because I left start of darness in the toilet. Lets see you do that with a PDF.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kagato23 View Post
    While I can't deny that would make it easy, it would also guarantee that it'd be on every bittorrent site around within days.

Those things are as easy to upload as they are to read.

Hell, can you honestly say 4chan wont /rs/ a book that MENTIONS 4chan?
    Wait, you mean people never make digital copies of printed materials on such sites?

Quote Originally Posted by talkamancer View Post
    My son now reads OOTS because I left start of darness in the toilet. Lets see you do that with a PDF.
    Laptop, PDA or printout, take your pick! I suppose you could just install a computer for use in the bathroom also.

I admit, I would love to have the book as a Print Copy, PDF & a CBR since I use all three mediums and have bought comics I enjoy in both print & digital formats when available.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

Edit: posted to wrong thread
    Last edited by ChowGuy; 2009-04-29 at 08:58 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Eco-Mono View Post
    Okay, you've convinced me... the book should totally have a pop-up page in it.
    And y'know what? It should be the current comic, #157, where the new dragon unit POPs over the city.

Get it? POP up? :)

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Arin View Post
    And y'know what? It should be the current comic, #157, where the new dragon unit POPs over the city.

Get it? POP up? :)
    Oh.. oh Titans...

The pun. It hurts

I'm definitely interested in getting 2 printed copies of the book, but I doubt I'd bother with a pdf version.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pclips View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech
    Just so we don't do anything drastic, I would like to throw in my two cents.

I'm thinking about buying a print copy. (Mainly based on the strength of the artwork.) I definitly would not want a PDF copy of the book.
    Well, we suspect (and hope) that you represent the vast majority. I don't know what the margin is on an ebook but if it's less for us, we may be cranky.
    Well, to throw my own 2 cents in. I'd probably recommend sticking with a printed book. OoTS doesn't seem to have done too bad by sticking with printed coppies for all its books. As long as you're still producing new pages/books for the comic and holding an audience, it should see continued profit and you'll be far less likely to see it go up on a torrent site.

Maybe put out a PDF with all the online pages for an easy download and read but I'd keep the exclusive stuff to dead-gump. Unless the popularity drops to a point that only a cheaper online version will still sell or sometime after you stop producing new content and the popularity drops off.
    Always spread Vegimite behind your ears to prevent attack by drop bears.
    SHADOWGIRLS FLIPSIDE

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

It has to be printed. I take pride in my library, and I WANT ERFWORLD IN IT!!!
    This avatar is Hamstard Lucky, from erfworld, By Rob Balder and drawn by Jamie Noguchi.