New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Adventure's in Jarlsguard (IC)

Varis

Drawing and firing more arrows as if a blur, Varis is in deep concentration.

Spoiler
    Show

Twin Strike:
    (1d20+6)[18]A1
    (1d20+6)[24]A2
    (1d10)[8]D1
    (1d10)[3]D2
    (1d6)[1]Quarry

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

New Map-
    Spoiler
    Show

Let me know what to change.

Casters and archers probably should move up, in case statues come up from that direction.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Carver

Seeing the first statue fall and the next one move up, Carver steps forward and blast of arcane force at the new enemy.

Spoiler
    Show

Carver moves to E3 and fires a magic missile at the new statue.

Attack vs reflex: (1d20+4)[21]
    Damage: (2d4+4)[8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

4. - Top - End - #94

OldWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Will use quotes for dialogue for now as I'm updating from my blackberry

Malaethim

"Hold here, and let it come to us!" Malaethim says to Dollar and Baldrik. Stay within range of the casters. Retrieving his javelin from the fallen statue, he hurls it at the newcomer.

[Spoiler]Actions:
    Minor: Retrieve Javelin
    Standard - Basic Ranged - (1d20+6)[15], Damage - (1d6+5)[6]
    Move: Shift 1 square NE

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Baldrik

The dwarf sputters and curses, wiping his face and beard with his hands.
    Bloody clay beast! I'll show you!
    Only after his eyes have been freed a little does he realize that the first statue is down and another one coming, and registers Malaethim's words. He nods.
    Alright, as you say.
    Then he moves into position in front of Dollar and awaits the statue's approach.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to J3, ready an action (attack on the statue if it comes into range). I'll have to roll the save against the clay later. I did now (with an actual physical die), and the result is a 10. That's saved, right?
    Last edited by Halaster; 2009-02-17 at 10:54 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

Elodious strikes with more cold magic, Freezing the terrain from l2 to m4 and knocking the clay creature prone in the icy morass. 9 Damage

Malaethim retrives his javalin and hurls it at the prone creature. 6 damage

Baldrik waits for the creature to come near him, and saves successfully.

Carver and Varius both strike out. 8 and 12 daamge respectively.

The Creature stands up and another two clay creatures shamble into sight. (@n3 and n4 respecitively) They also commence to hurl blobs of clay at the party.

10 vs Ac on Dollar 19 vs Ac on Baldrik for 6 damage if they hit,

-2 to Ac if hit (Save Ends)
    On the first day of Dnd my dm gave to me
    http://filbolg.wordpress.com/

7. - Top - End - #97

Elodius

Elodius glowers at the stubborn clay statues in frustration. "Stay down you stubborn simulacrums!" He takes several steps forwards and let's loose with his strongest spell. "Freezing cloud!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Move forward to G4 (which I believe uses all my movement) and then use my Freezing cloud on P4, which is 9 squares away. this should mean that the burst 2 hits both statues and sets up a cloud all the way across the hallway without being in the way of our melee attackers. It should make N3-N5, O2-5, and P2-5 into Freezing Cloud spaces. So any enemies that enter that zone, or start their turn in that zone will take my attack again.

(1d20+4)[7] Statue 3 vs. Fortitude
    (1d8+4)[5] damage Statue 3
    (1d20+4)[5] Statue 4 vs. Fortitude
    (1d8+4)[6] damage Statue 4

If I miss they take half damage. I'll go ahead and make the second attacks for when the statues start their turn and take the damage again.

(1d20+4)[21] Statue 3 vs. Fortitude
    (1d8+4)[8] damage Statue 3
    (1d20+4)[24] Statue 4 vs. Fortitude
    (1d8+4)[8] damage Statue 4

EDIT: Good lord those are horrible rolls. Well anyway, #3 takes 2 damage, #4 takes 3 damage. When they start their turns #3 takes another 8 and #4 takes 12 due to my critical maxing the damage.
    Last edited by Limos; 2009-02-18 at 11:26 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Carver

Seeing the new statues come into range, the wizard starts to really get into the rhythm of casting her spells.

With a flourish, she conjoures a ball of flame with her wand and flings it into the middle of the group of statues where it bursts over them.

"Kazam!"

Looking at the group of enemies, she says. "Dang, how many more are coming? Wait... I just got a bright idea!" she raises her wand in 'eureka' sign and then points it at the statue farthest away... and a little bulb of light appears over its head, sending out light like a torch to illuminate the passage.

Spoiler
    Show

Cast scorching burst centered on E3.

Attack 1: (1d20+4)[6]
    Attack 2: (1d20+4)[10]
    Attack 3: (1d20+4)[16]

Damage (fire): (1d6+4)[10]

Then cast Light as a minor action, making a ball of light that appears on E3 and casting light to illuminate everything within 4 squares of it.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99

OldWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    not sure where we are in the initiative order, but I'll post my next action.

"Damnation!" Malaethim shouts. "More still?" Taking out another javelin, he continues to attack at range while holding position.

Spoiler
    Show
    Basic Ranged - (1d20+5)[10], Damage - (1d6+5)[10]
    Edit: forgot to specify that I'm aming for the nearest one' though with a roll like that it probably doesn't matter much...
    Last edited by Nahal; 2009-02-19 at 06:35 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Baldrik

Baldrik gets another ball of clay chucked at him, hitting him in the chest.
    That does it! You're dead clay!, he roars and charges the nearest statue, making a swing at it.

Spoiler
    Show

Basic melee attack on the statue: [roll]1d20+7/[roll]; damage: (1d10+3)[10] and, if it's up and fighting, consider it challenged.
    Save: (1d20)[19]
    Sorry, typo, the attack roll is: 24 (generated with rolldice)
    Last edited by Halaster; 2009-02-19 at 06:43 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101

'Dollar', Halfling Rogue
    Init +4 HP 24/24 Bloodied 12 Healing Surge 6 (0 used /7)
    AC 16 Fort 11 Reflex 16 Will 13 Speed 6

Spinning his dagger in his hand so the blade rests in his fingers, Dollar aims carefully at one of the new statues and lets the blade fly, then draws his shurikens.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard: Piercing Strike on N3
    attack - (1d20+8)[27] vs Ref
    damage - (1d4+4)[7]
    Minor: Draw Shuriken.

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Jokes; 2009-02-19 at 07:12 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dollar hurls his dagger at the nearest upcoming statue and sinks a deep hit, dropping out another runed stone as this one collapses into a pile of goop.

Elodius strikes out at the other two statues creating a freezing cloud that does not seem to bother the statues much at first , 1 damage, 2 damage

Malaethim strikes out with the javalin again, missing as it clatters back down the hallway.

Baldrik, having enough of being target practice charges the nearest statue, sundering it as best he can. 10 damage.

Carver strikes with arcane fire, burning the frozen statues, and seemingly glazing one of them. Carver also illuminates the area, revealing two more statues slowly advancing towards the fight.

Two more statues advance up and form a line with the last two statues, who are not fairing well in the cold. 8 damage, 8 damage. The statues all attempt to strike Baldrik however. 15, 18, and Natural 20 vs Ac for 6 damage a hit. The statue not able to hit Baldrick, (m2) hurls a clay orb at one of the people at range. (I have baldrik at m4, but if he wants m3, then the other side hurls at range, etc)

21 vs Ac to hit Dollar, 6 damage.

Anyone damaged by the statues also takes -2 Ac (Save Ends )

OOC: (I need an addittional action from Varius and Dollar to get to the end of round 3, I'm having the monsters go anyway so if everyone could post1 turn except for varius and dollar who i need two turns from, initiative is also+>
    Elodius, Malaethim, Baldrik, Dollar, Carver, Varius

I will be doing some retroactive turns (notice that dollars turn destroyed the statue that Baldrick would have attacked otherwise ) and reinterpreting as required.

13. - Top - End - #103

DruidGuy

Varis

Varis continues to launch arrows from his bow in rapid motion.

Spoiler
    Show
    I will continue to use Twin Strike until they get closer to me or a different enemy shows up.

(1d20+6)[12]
    (1d20+6)[12]
    (1d10)[10]
    (1d10)[2]

Heres another round worth of attacks.

(1d20+6)[8]
    (1d20+6)[11]
    (1d10)[2]
    (1d10)[5]

14. - Top - End - #104

Elodius

With his most powerful spells expended Elodius goes back to his old standby, the trusty magic missile. "How many of these things are there?" He flings the missile in the general direction of the two statues.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[15] vs. Whatever statue is standing
    (2d4+4)[8]

((Oh, that's Attack vs. Reflex by the way.))
    Last edited by Limos; 2009-02-19 at 01:58 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105

Dollar
    Init +4 HP 18/24 Bloodied 12 Healing Surge 6 (0 used /7)
    AC 16 Fort 11 Reflex 16 Will 13 Speed 6

Dollar flings his shurikens at the closest statues.

Spoiler
    Show
    Both my round actions will be Piercing Strikes on which ever statue is closest.

Standard: Piercing Strike
    attack - (1d20+7)[8] vs Ref
    damage - (1d6+4)[5]
    Minor: Draw Shuriken

Standard: Piercing Strike
    attack - (1d20+7)[24] vs Ref
    damage - (1d6+4)[5]
    Minor: Draw Shuriken

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Carver

"Too many... I will need to get out the heavy spell."

The Eladrin steps back and puts away her wand and pulls out her longsword.

"Spirit of the elder flames, warriors of the ashen wastes..."

There is a noticeable rise in temperature around the flickering embers of fire where her last fireball had hit the statues. The embers spark and grow, soon becoming a roaring fire that bends into a fiery double of Carver. A fey made of molten flames, dressed in a robe of fire and holding a sword made of heat.

"SLAY THESE BEASTS!" She yells. As she brandishes her sword and strikes out at an invisible foe in front of her, while her fiery double mimics her move and slashes at the statue nearest her dwarven ally. Tongues of flame and sparks fly from its robes with every movement, hitting the statues next to it. She carefully maneuvers it so that it won't risk burning her friends.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Flaming Sphere at N2 targeting the statue at M2. Working to avoid standing next to any allies while standing next to as many enemies as possible. Will attack the statue with the lowest hp.

Attack: (1d20+4)[12]
    Damage (fire): (2d6+4)[14]

Any creature that starts its turn adjacent to the fiery soldier takes damage

Adjacent Damage: (1d4+4)[7]

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107

Spoiler
    Show
    Didn't you already cast flaming sphere? I guess that means you are using your Orb to extend it, or whatever that word is they use. Continuance?

Except you apparently have the wand implement, so you can't even do that. What are you doing then?

EDIT: Woops! You cast scorching burst, not Flaming sphere. My bad, sorry.
    Last edited by Limos; 2009-02-20 at 12:16 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Baldrik
    Init +1, HP 7/31, Bloodied 15, AC 17/19, Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 12, Healing Surge 7 (0/9), Speed 5

The dwarf gets pummeled pretty badly and spits a lump of blood on the tunnel floor.
    Blast! Still more coming! You spellslingers better think of something to do, cause this dwarf isn't going to hold out much longer!
    Baldrik tries to catch his breath while swinging his hammer back and forth at the two likeliest targets.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor action: Second wind, bringing me back to 14hp (still bloodied though), is a minor action for dwarves
    Standard action: Cleave against two statues in range and standing
    Attack: (1d20+6)[12], damage: (1d10+3)[4] against primary target (the one with more hit points), 3 against secondary target.

19. - Top - End - #109

OldWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Can I get a new map? Are any statues in melee range?

Malaethim

After missing with the javelin, Malaethim curses as the statues close in and beat down on Baldrik. Seeing his companion in peril, the Eladrin draws his sword and barks out what could be called words of encouragement but sound a lot more like him ordering the dwarf not to die.

Fight on, Baldrik! Malaethim shouts. We're not done yet!

Spoiler
    Show
    In the absence of a map, I'll describe my actions as vaguely as possible and hope we get a visual up soon-ish
    Minor: Inspiring Word on Baldrik, who regains 11 (roll in OOC) hit points and spends a healing surge (or he can ignore the power, technically).
    Move (downgraded to minor): Draw longsword
    Standard: Commander's Strike on Baldrik (who makes a basic melee attack against the target of his choice, gaining +3 to the damage roll).
    Last edited by Nahal; 2009-02-21 at 10:03 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Baldrik

Ha! Very right, we're not done!, the dwarf shouts, apparently inspired by harsh words more than by elaborate ones. You beasties better watch out!

He swings his hammer around again.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm not sure right now, how many statues there are, but I'll hit the one with the most cracks (i.e. least hp).
    Attack roll: (1d20+6)[24], damage: (1d10+6)[8]

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Baldrik and the entire group, focusing on the two statues infront of Baldrik ,bring them down with admirable precession.

The Statues now on either side of the gap, move in, infront of Baldrik, as more of their earthy breathern come up from the darkness. The Flame warrior flickers menacingly glazing the clay statues into pottery.

The Two Statues slam their menacing fists into Baldrik, 14 and 8 vs Ac for 6 damage each and -2 Ac (Save Ends)

The Battleline.
    Just offside , 4 clay statues, 1 bloodied (infront of Baldrik) with sounds of more coming from the darkness.
    The Line, Baldrik
    4 Squares onside, Dollar
    6+ Squares onside, Elodius (6), Maleathim(7), Carver (8), Varius(10)

Difficult Terrain at i4, m2, n3, n4 (Does Freezing Terrain leave Difficult Terrain?)

Initiative, Elodius, Malaethim, Baldrik, Dollar, Carver, Varius, Statues.

Protip, Powers with the Weapon Keyword, require you to be in weapons range. The commanding strike is used (I rolled it hope no one minds, it was a hit for 6 damage.) but should have required Malaethim to be in melee range, please make it so in the future.

22. - Top - End - #112

Elodius

Elodius mutters a quick cantrip, summoning a translucent Mage hand. He silently wills it through the air to the remains of the first statue, where it retrieves the stone that fell out of the creature. The Hand rises back through the air and returns with the Stone to Elodius.

In the meantime Elodius flings another Magic Missile into the ranks of the statues. When the hand returns he begins studying the stone gravely.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor Action to summon Mage hand at the statues remains, Move action to bring it back to me. Free action to hand it over. Standard action to cast magic missile. And then I'm making an Arcana and Religion check to see if I can discern what the stone is.

(1d20+4)[24] vs. Reflex on Bloodied statue
    (2d4+4)[8] damage

(1d20+9)[10] Arcana
    (1d20+9)[15] Religion

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Baldrik

Init +1, HP 25/31, Bloodied 15, AC 19, Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 12, Healing Surge 7 (2/9), Speed 5

With a grim smile, Baldrik blocks the attacks from the statues and continues to bash them fiercely.

Spoiler
    Show

Cleave attack against two statues in front of Baldrik: (1d20+6)[9], damage: (1d10+3)[12] against the first, 3 against the other.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Carver

Carver notices Elodius retrieving one of the statues stones, interested in what he might find from it. "See anything interesting?" she asks as she returns to controlling her firey warrior. Having it strike at the one of the statues engaging Baldrik and then move to better cook its fellows.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard action to attack the most damaged statue
    minor action to sustain fire warrior
    move action to move warrior to cover the most number of enemies with fire.

Attack: (1d20+4)[16]
    Damage (fire): (2d6+4)[9]

Adjacent Damage: (1d4+4)[8]
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115

OldWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I've tried to post this several times without success, so my apologies if this post is a bit brief. Also, please let me know if my actions are legit as I'm still not 100% on my exact position.

Malaethim

The Eladrin hurls himself into melee in hopes of bringing down these statues quickly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Move: Run to a space adjacent to Baldrik and within melee range of a statue, if possible.
    Standard: Charge attack on the statue: Charge Attack - (1d20+4)[5]; Damage - (1d8+6)[8]
    Edit: Wow, epic fail much? Guess the geography doesn't matter much this round, since either way I'm not hitting anything.
    Last edited by Nahal; 2009-02-25 at 11:46 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

Elodius conjures his mage hand and investigating the stone, he is left more or less stumped. Its obviously got something to do with controlling the golems, and you think you could probably use it in magic item creation but other than that, your not sure about it.
    His Magic Missle finds target this time, sinking deeply in the clay flesh of these statues 8 damage.

Malaethim goes and charges the clay statue line, his blade glancing off the heavy defenders. Miss

Baldrick strikes out missing his main blow, but connecting the wild swing at the last moment to the statue by him. Miss and 3 damage

Carver controlls the magical warrior lambasting the statues from behind for 9 damage and 8 damage for starting adjacent. one of the warriors collapses just as he makes to move.

The Statues activate, glaze, and then slam into the two warriors amidst them.

11 vs Ac, natural 1on Malaethim for 6 damage a hit and -2 Ac(Save Ends).
    18 vs Ac on Baldrick for 6 Damage a hit and -2 Ac (Save Ends)

4 more statues can be seen lumbering into range in the flickering light of the firey warrior.

(Malaethim and Baldrick are on the line, with everyone behind them. In Melee Range of the line are 3 statues. Behind them is the flaming warrior. 4 squares offside of the flaming warrior are 4 more statues.

27. - Top - End - #117

Elodius

"How many of these accursed things are there!!" Elodius slips forward alongside the two melee fighters and angles his spell into the gap. "Back you blasted automatons!" He blasts them with his Thunderwave and then slips backwards out of reach.

Spoiler
    Show
    I move forward to be beside the two fighters, then I use my Thunderwave spell to catch all three statues in range. Afterwards I use my action point to Shift one square back and diagonally to be behind the melee fighters again.

(1d20+4)[19] vs. Fort statue 1
    (1d20+4)[18] vs. Fort statue 2
    (1d20+4)[14] vs. Fort statue 3
    (1d6+4)[9] statue 1
    (1d6+4)[6] statue 2
    (1d6+4)[8] statue 3

Any that get hit are pushed back two squares away from the fighters. If possible right into the fire warrior.

28. - Top - End - #118

OldWizardGuy

Malaethim

Spoiler
    Show
    A couple possible action paths depending on which is valid. For reference, I'm assuming the statues numbered in Elodius' attack are going left to right, so that statue 1 is nearest to me. I'll un-spoiler whichever one turns out happening, so can the GM let me know either IC or OOC?

If only statue 3 is not hit by Elodius' attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Malaethim steps forward, vanishing into midair as he does so. He reappears to the statue's right, blade drawn and ready. As he draws its attention, he shouts Get behind it, now! to Baldrik. Once the statue is flanked, Malaethim stabs at it with his blade. Perhaps we might consider pulling back, the Eladrin says. I don't see any end to these things, and we may be able to find a better tactical position.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming Statue 3 is SE of Baldrik here. If it's S, I'll just move to its left normally and not burn my teleport.
    Move: Fey Step to reappear E of statue 3
    Standard: Wolf Pack Tactics - (1d20+8)[15] vs AC, Damage - (1d8+5)[11]. Attack roll assumes Baldrik shifts into a flanking position prior to the attack, which is part of the power.

If all statues are hit by Elodius' attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the statues are pushed backward, Malaethim sets himself in a defensive stance and holds his position for the moment. Perhaps we might consider pulling back, the Eladrin says. I don't see any end to these things, and we may be able to find a better tactical position.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Standard: Ready an action to trigger Wolf Pack Tactics once one of the statues moves within melee range. Baldrik can then shift into a better tactical position if possible. Attack - (1d20+6)[26] vs AC, Damage - (1d8+5)[11]

If 2 or more statues are not hit by the attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bloody hells! Malaethim shouts, What does it take to get rid of these things? He strikes at the statue nearest to him, aiming for its chest. As he does so, he shouts Aim for the stone! Try to dislodge it! After striking, he adds, Perhaps we might consider pulling back. I don't see any end to these things, and we may be able to find a better tactical position.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: Warlord's Favor - (1d20+6)[13] vs AC, Damage - (2d8+5)[12]. Baldrik gains +4 to attacks against the statue until the end of my next turn if he is within melee range, otherwise the bonus goes to Elodius.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Carver

"Our enemies keep coming... perhaps we should move back. See if a doorway or something similar will slow them down. Let them come one at a time and pick them off instead letting them come in threes."

The Eladrin expertly pulls out her wand, wielding it in one hand while balancing her sword in the other. The time-honored tactic of using magic to ensure her fire soldier strikes true.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard action to attack the most damaged statue
    minor action to sustain fire warrior
    move action to move warrior to cover the most number of enemies with fire.

If her attack misses by 3 or less then she uses her wand implement power to change

Attack: (1d20+4)[6]
    Damage (fire): (2d6+4)[12]

Adjacent Damage: (1d4+4)[6]
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Baldrik

Baldrik waits for Malaethim's action, then moves to complement the Eladrin's course, his hammer still swinging in deadly circles.

Spoiler
    Show

Since I don't know what exactly Malaethim is doing this turn, I'll just play along and Cleave whatever statue is easiest to hit.
    Cleave:(1d20+6)[19], not counting any flanking or WolfPack bonuses. Damage:(1d10+3)[11], 3 to an adjacent statue.