New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Zompocalypse IC

1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Zompocalypse IC

"What sort of job? If it involves mud, monsters or large men who haven't seen a woman in years, then count me out."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

WBGL Station
    Delbert waves the man back to the group. Fumbling in his pockets, he realized he has forgotten something important. "Please, someone tell me they brought a flashlight!"
    Just an affable fellow, really.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Parkland
    Brown shakes his head and points towards the ceiling. "There's a fire hydrant out there, but we don't have any hoses since they installed the sprinkler system."

He continues walking. "There might be some back in the machine shop, but id don't think we'll need it. If we can keep them talking long enough we should be able to gather everyone at the Bradley entrance. We've got about 150 students as of last count, hopefully they won't be dumb enough to try anything when we show up in force."

He continues out into the parking lot and briefly conveys the situation to those gathered there unpacking, before climbing into the cab of and empty semi.
    Muddy Rivers

People begin to file out of the cafeteria. Jack takes seat next to Frank and motions for Marie and Sally to do the same. "I appreciate your enthusiasm." Jack hits them all with an almost blinding smile. "I've got word that some students are holed up in Parkland and they're using the radio to broadcast news about what's happening. I want you to do two things. I want you to tell them what were doing here." His eyes mist over and he gets a far off look. "Tell them that we're creating safe haven for the dregs of society. A place where Jews, Muslims, satanists, atheists, anarchists, queers, blacks, and anyone else who doesn't fit into the neatly into the WASP's society can come to be safe. Safe from the real madmen, the crazed ethnocentric mobs roving the area lynching anyone who looks different." His vision regain focus and he looks Marie, Sally and Frank int he eyes. "I also want you to see if there is anyone there that want's to join us in our new haven, and try to make sure they get back here safely." He looks outside a window. "You'll have to set out right away if you want to get there before dark. Or you can spend the night here and head out first thing in the morning."

WBGL Station
    The group looks confused. They quickly hurry back to their cars to find out if they had the foresight to pack flashlights. After some mad digging the entire group only turns up about a half dozen flashlights. They range in usefulness from a high powered 3 million candle power spotlight to a dinky buck fifty mag light knockoff.

The lead group armed with what little light they can muster heads back into the building. The lights throw the objects into stark contrast and make the whole interior of the building lock stark and foreboding.

They travel down a hall, and reach a door with a sign that reads WBGL Recording Studio. Repeated thumping and scratching sounds come from the other side of the door. The man on point grasps the door handle, but fear tenses his body and he doesn't pull it open.
    Last edited by Odin the Ignoble; 2009-02-23 at 07:51 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

"Listen Jack. I respect what you're doing here, I really do. But I don't want to be a part of this safe haven for dregs. I just want to go home. So are there any phones around here?"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

WBGL Station

Delbert sighs, and jerks his head back to motion for the man to move behind him. Once the man gets behind him, he says loudly "All right, let's see what we're dealing with . . ."Leveling the gun at the center of the door, he fires a round through it.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

Correctional Facility Muddy Rivers

Frank loses focus thinking of a driving again. "Jack you know i'm game for anything, but i gotta know do you have any long-term plans for this place? Cause i don't see it outlasting the zombies. Oh yeah, I can drive just about anything but a nice car sure helps. Got anything in Mind?" Switching his gaze to the girl he says: "By the way if you don't mind a fast ride and your house is on the way i'd could drop you off. Not exactly safe anywhere anymore and it'll give you time to reconsider."

Frank stands up and puts away his handgun and packs up his possessions.
    HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO TYPE LIKE THIS?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Highwarlord View Post
    WBGL Station

Delbert sighs, and jerks his head back to motion for the man to move behind him. Once the man gets behind him, he says loudly "All right, let's see what we're dealing with . . ."Leveling the gun at the center of the door, he fires a round through it.
    Padre seizes the gun first, pointing it away.

"Hold your fire. It may be someone wounded."

Carefully, he opens the door with his left hand, pistol in his right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

WBGL Station
    Delbert jerks his weapon back from Padre's grasp, but holds his shot in as Padre commanded. He nevertheless keeps his weapon primed towards the door.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Marie sighs. "I don't live anywhere near here."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Muddy Rivers

Jack frowns at Marie's comment. "Yeah there phones back in the security section you can use the one in the warden's office. I've got long term plans, first we release the prisoners, then we tear up the prison yard and start planting crops. The well'll provide water, and if we need it we can water the crops with it. As long as the dead stay out and we stay in we'll be fine." Jack pauses a moment thinking. "You can take my car, it's an SUV, so it would be able to go off road if you have to. You can also check the parking lot, if someone else's got something better I'm sure they wouldn't mind you taking it, it's for the greater good." Jack reaches into his pocket and puts his keys on the table.

WBGL Station

The door opens, revealing a single undead creature. It's pinned underneath a desk but it slowly manages to pull itself and the desk towards the now opened door.

A single carefully aimed bullet bursts it's head like a melon. The interior of the radio station is hellish, blood and viscera cover the walls and floor. The light of the flashlights illuminate each scene or horror. On one of the walls painted in blood are the words There is no God. A rhythmic pounding sound can be heard from farther on in the station.

Pressing farther into the carnal house reveals another undead creature, pinned to the floor with knifes in a twisted recreation of a crucifixion. Another shot ends its struggles to free itself.

The final room in the station is the recording studio, it holds the final horror and the source of the sounds. A third ghoul hands from an electrical cord around its neck, attached to the ceiling. It's struggles making the sounds as it's suspend feet impacted the wall. Hanging mockingly around it's neck is a white board with the words Jesus Saves also written in blood.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Padre examines the walls and sign, his expression once again distant.

"It's a sharp shock, feeling like you've been abandoned. Watching the paternal lights...fade away, leaving you with only the dark..."

Almost wraithlike, he approaches the swinging ghoul. Padre watches it for a moment, then turns, almost incidentally putting a bullet through its skull.

"Someone survived this. In body, at least. They may still be here."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Marie stands up and heads off to the security section.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

WBGL Station
    Delbert gags slightly from the sight, and his grip around the rifle tightens as if for support. Motioning to the recording studio, he asks Leeroy, Clay, and Haresh "Any of you think you can get this thing to work?"

He then looks around the room, trying to find all possible entrances. "We're going to have a lot of clean-up ahead of us . . ."
    Last edited by Highwarlord; 2009-02-24 at 01:10 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Muddy Rivers

Frank Stands up and takes the keys off the table. "Thanks, i guess i'll check the lot real quick then i'll go, Nothing Worth waiting for right?"

frank gets up and heads to the parking lot and checks out the vehicles looking for a better ride failing that he leaves towards the kids.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Muddy Rivers- Warden's office
    Marie finds the Warden's office without much difficulty. On the way she passes Debbie recreating a the guided tour the two guards gave her.

The phone lies on top of the warden's desk. A helpful sticky note states "9 to dial out"

Muddy Rivers- Parking Lot
    Frank scans the parking lot. The only car with more off road capabilities than Jack's SUV is the Hummer Frank traded away to Dealz. There are a couple of sports cars int he parking lot as well, but they don't have anywhere near enough ground clearance to make it off road.

Before Frank can make a final selection on mode of transportation. A woman, holding a shotgun exists the prison and meets him in the parking lot. "Hi, I'm Sally, Jack sent me to go with you on the Parkland. He said the mission might need a 'feminine touch'."

WBGL Station

Haresh shrugs, Leroy steps up brushing aside one of the corpses dangling foot. He flips a couple of switches. "We can't do anything with the power still out." Clay steps in, "There was power everywhere else we've been, hopefully it's just a blown fuse." He starts looking around, "If we can find the circuit breaker we can get power back."

The group starts searching for a fuse box. Thomas cuts down the hanging corpse and with the help of a few others drags the bodies out to the street.

Clay shouts when he finds the fuse box, but after flipping all of the fuses the power remains out. "Dammit! Maybe they cut power to the whole building?"

16. - Top - End - #76

Frank looks over the woman, deciding this may be a two person job, he gives the ok, Then he says, "You all set to go?"

If yes then they get into the SUV and drive to Parkland using the fastest route possible.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Being careful to dial 9, Marie calls her house. She crosses her fingers as the phone rings.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

((Well I was giving the other guy some time to post but it seems as though he has very little interest so i'll get to work.))

Mike jumps onto the side of the truck, standing on the step. You aren't planning to run right?
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Delbert shrugs. "There weren't any lights on the way in." Turning to Padre he asks "Want to try to find a way to get this radio station running again, or should we give up on this station and meet up with the others?"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Padre nods once.

"There was someone here, not long ago. He may have taken out the power...this could be a trap of some kind. Who knows what depravity may come after witnessing true horror? Yes. We must re-stabilize this station before proceeding."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Muddy Rivers-Parking lot

Sally nods her agreement and climbs into the the SUV, riding shotgun.

As Frank drives through town he is surprised to see just how rapidly the town is deteriorating. What started as a single fire at the center of town branched out devouring entire blocks. Parts of the town are still ablaze.

The undead have increased in number as well, Frank has to divert from his original path to avoid some of the larger mobs. Most of the undead seem to be swarming over houses where survivors have blockaded themselves.

The streets are also clogged in places with abandoned vehicles. Frank is forced to go off road to avoid some of the worse jams.

Altogether, a drive that should have taken about twenty minutes ends up taking up the better part of an hour.

Frank and Sally approach the Mattis entrance to parkland just in time to see a a semi truck with a trailer barrel down the road and swerve violently. The momentum of the truck causes it to tip over sideways, it slides with an incredible grinding noise before coming to a stop blocking both lanes of the entrance.

Muddy Rivers- Wardens office
    The phone continues to ring, with each ring it seems more certain that no one on the other side will pick up. The phone stops ringing and after an agonizing pause, Marie's fathers voice comes over the line "Hello, this is Ellis."

Parkland

"I wasn't planning on it. If it starts to look bad we might have to. The radio station is important, but lives are more important." Brown leans forward, touching the wires together to start the truck. He puts the truck in gear and starts to pull it around to exist the parking lot and head towards the Bradley entrance.

WBGL Station
    Leeroy speaks up. "Since it's not this breaker, it's probably the building's main breaker, or maybe the lines to the building were cut. It'd explain why the lights were out in the hall."

The search for the main breaker, or a cut in the line is long and tedious since it has to be done by flashlight. Luckily there are no more gruesome scenes to be uncovered. The hate that caused the horrors in the station was focused only on the station's occupants and not at anyone else in the building.

The main breaker is found in the building's basement, but all the fuses are fine. Finally almost by chance, a cut in the line is found in back of the building. The line was hacked through and severed, when it's found Clay and a man who came with Padre and claims to be an electrician set to work on fixing it.

Outside, it is beginning to get dark, and a few undead begin to stumble towards the station only to be dispatched by people outside. With the fading of the light people are beginning to get nervous.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Mike continues to hold on, ridnig on the outside of the truck.And wouldn't running put those live in danger by giving up the shelter? I know its not a pretty thought, but we may just have to run a few people down.
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2009-02-25 at 03:04 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Marie almost faints at the sound of her father's voice. "Dad? It's Marie. I'm in the Muddy Waters Prison. Can you send a helicopter to get me out of here? I'm scared. The people I'm with are satanists. I just want to get out of here!" She sinks to the ground and breaks out in tears.

24. - Top - End - #84

Somewhere in a Overturned SUV

Frank Slides out from under the vehicle, and looks around checking on Sally,"Are you OK?" He draws his rifle and checks to see that it's loaded then slings it over his shoulder helping Sally up if she is conscious, he looks through his scope to find the best path onward.

OOC: I did have a rifle right i can't remember....

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Delbert leaves David in charge of the rest of his team while he, Mayhem, and Punch take two of the flashlights and make a sweep of the station. They first attempt to find a map or blueprints so they know where to look, and then attempt to search for food, bottled water, and other supplies.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

(Parkland maps- Road map Campus Map)

Parkland-Bradley Entrance

"It's easier to find new shelter than to fix bullet holes. Besides it wont come to that." The way he says it it's hard to tell who he is trying to convince.

Other trucks and cars start up, following Brown out to the Bradley entrance.

A redheaded student with a gun is standing on top of an empty semi, pulled sideways to block all of the lanes. He is holding a conversation with a man standing on top of a Van on the outside of the recently formed barricade.

Around the semi are thirty students armed with a couple of guns, and a large number of bats and other blunt objects. On the other side are roughly 250 men women and children. Some of the men are carrying guns as well, but he majority are armed with improvised weapons. Behind them are dozens of vehicles, now empty of their passengers but still packed with all manner of supplies and earthly possessions.

The group of unloaders adds their numbers to the students already there and more continue to trickle in. Brown waits for Mike to climb down so he can exit the truck.

Parkland-Mattis entrance

(@Josh13905-I'm sorry I should have made my description more clear. As Sally and Frank we're just getting to the entrance, the semi truck came barreling down Parkland way, swerved, and flipped itself. It was never in danger of hitting the SUV. It looks like the maneuver was planed. The truck now blocks both lanes of Parkland Way, effectively stopping all incoming and outgoing traffic.)

Sally stares agog at the scene in front of her, "What the f*ck?!"

As she stares, the front window of the truck shatters outward. A student with a mohawk climbs out of the cab holding a sledge hammer, a smile on his lips. He brushes himself off and leans back in through the window, shuting off the trucks engine.

Muddy Rivers

"Marie, thank God your alright. I hadn't heard from you, I thought... I'm so glad your alright. I'm in Winnetka, it's safe here, the Governor has had almost all of the guard fortify the area.

I can't the governor confiscated the jet, and all the charter helicopters have been requisitioned by the air national guard. I've still got an in with the governor, maybe I can try and pulls strings to get one.

Your mom's still in Cancun... Wait. Did you say satanists?!"

WBGL Station

A careful search doesn't reveal any maps or blueprints, but Delbert manages to find a couple of break rooms in the the station and offices in the building that have work fridges. The Salon has a Coke-machine in the back, and a couple of candy dispensers by the front entrance. The search for food is almost over when the lights tot he building flicker. A couple of minutes later they turn on and stay on.

27. - Top - End - #87

Parkland Entrance

To Sally, "Wait in here i'm going to see whats going on here."

Frank steps out of the SUV leaving his rifle but making sure he has his pistol loaded and walks over to the man staying a good distance away in case things get bad

"Are you ok? Why were you driving like that you could have gotten killed."

He looks around and while he's out finds the best route to the Rendezvous Point.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes! They're crazy! Their leader keeps on going on about some refuge for the dregs of society to start a new civilization. I don't want want to spend the rest of my life here. Do you know where Scott (her boyfriend) is?"

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Bradley Entrance

Mike jumps off of the truck, quickly getting himself to the front of the group of students to catch a good view of whats going on.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

The power turned on, Padre motions to Delbert to go round up the others.

"The time has come."

He strides towards the recording booth, trying to figure out how it works and how to loop one recorded message.

((If and when he does, let me know. Padre will begin his speech.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show