New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Something Went Wrong - IC

DM ...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Let's start with the 'other' 7-ft. tall warrior. At last, someone my height!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Ludgut reaches the back of the crowd that has formed before the steps, eagerly anticipating the warrior's speech. The rest of you are still quite far back, but you all realise that the 7' warrior is a rather important figure.

Individual information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ludgut and Merissa:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't really recognise the man - all you can really tell is that most people seem pretty intimidated in his presence. Most of the individuals wearing this type of armour are guardians, and usually quite high-ranking.

Lirril:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lirril recognises the figure in the polished armour as a Guardian named Taris Nevan. He is a renowned hero, and generally regarded as one of the best commanders in the entire empire. The staff marks him out as an Elder, and he is actually the ruler of this region.

Draevous:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As well as recognising Taris, Draevous remembers that he earned the title 'Nevan' after a battle fought twelve years ago against the Tairans over the fortress of Scyros, and is the most recent individual to be appointed a member of an elder house. He was later appointed a Marshal by Lord Varrus, one of the six Ancients who rule the entire empire. Taris is famously less aloof than a typical elder, however.

The staff that Taris carries bears the symbol of the Ancient who appointed him, one of the other traditions of the Novayan empire. In addition to being one of the Elders, Taris is also a High Commander - the most senior general in the service of a particular Ancient.

Harrison:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Harrison recognises Taris, but only remembers that he is a distinguished hero, and a High Commander of the Guardians.

Last edited by lesser_minion; 2009-02-16 at 01:49 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Draevous

Despite every urge to investigate why a High Commander would be giving a speech in this small town, or rather if it's just a magic trick, Draevous has more important business to attend to. Noble generals in shining armor may be theatrical, but someone sitting alone weeping at his god's temple is something that cannot be ignored.

Dras walks up to the woman and in the most calming and warm voice he can make, asks her, "What's wrong miss?"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lirril

Before she has a chance to reply to Harrison, her eyes catch the figure standing before the crowd. "Interesting..." she finds herself muttering.

"We may have to finish this conversation a bit later," she says while getting to her feet and making her way closer to the crowd. "As much as arcane mysteries entice me, I'm quite interested to hear what this commander has to say. Perhaps we can all learn something."
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Harrison Fire

Harrison turns to face the crowd and listens, waiting for the man to speak.
    Dub Club in the Playground
    I need a new signature.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Draevous -
    Spoiler
    Show

As he approaches the girl, Draevous notices that she is actually a half-elf. You aren't particularly good at guessing how old half-elves are, but she would be about 20 judging by human standards. She is wearing a necklace made of a faintly blue-coloured metal which glistens softly, a well-made white dress and you also notice two rings - one which is a simple band of what appears to be obsidian, and the other a fine ring inset with a sparkling sapphire and made from the same metal as her necklace. She seems slightly taller than Draevous.

She is sobbing uncontrollably, but eventually manages to come up with:

He's... dead. I..." She looks up into your eyes, before continuing "please, don't worry. I'll be fine."

The Commander steps forward and begins his speech, his voice somehow carrying to every corner of the forum.

"My friends, I am afraid I cannot give you any good news. You should already know about the troubles being faced by our realm." He looks up towards a clouded sky.

"Unfortunately, it seems that the truth is much worse. The troubles should not have stopped word reaching us of the situation to the South, but even the Council's Diviners are unable to discover anything. Three days ago, I sent a number of drakes to the south, to see what the situation looks like." The sky grows darker as he glances upwards.

"Unfortunately, they have not returned. I have spoken with the Elders, and I feel that the only option left to me is to prepare for the worst. I have requested that four legions assemble here, ready to march southward as soon as I understand the situation better." Light rain begins to fall, as there is suddenly a cry from the southern gate. The Commander looks upwards, and most of the crowd follow his gaze.

Approaching from the south is a great beast - a reptile, borne aloft by leathery wings. It lands, skidding to a halt in a fortunately clear area of the forum. The beast appears slightly injured, and its rider, dressed in the uniform of a Guardian, falls from the saddle. Nobody seems to notice a small tube of copper, which slips from his pocket, sliding across the floor to land at Lirril's feet.

The rain is growing in intensity, and would probably put a dampener on celebrations just as surely as this new arrival would have done on his own.
    Last edited by lesser_minion; 2009-02-21 at 11:39 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37

Draevous

At first look at the sky, Dras hardly notices the darkness of the situation. As he tries to calm the woman down, he could start to feel something bad happening. A temple of Pelor, where he could usually feel warmth and light seems barren and dark.

"Well miss, you must not keep these thin-"

Though he hardly heard the speech made by Taris, the rider immediately snapped his attention. In a dead sprint he runs over to the drake and its collapsing rider, pushing aside any onlookers hoping to get to the exhausted man.

"Give him some room! GET WATER!" Dras yells as he tries to make it to the man before it's too late.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #38

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: You said "nobody noticed" the tube, but since you mentioned my feet, I'm assuming you meant that excluded me. If I'm wrong, then just yell and scream at me and I'll fix my post.

Lirril

Lirril looks down at the small tube, trying to get any information she can from it. Before she can determine anything, however, she notices Dras pushing his way past the crowd and toward the rider.

She takes the moment of diversion to quickly bend down and snatch up the tube. She readjusts her glasses, then takes a closer look at the object.

9. - Top - End - #39

Harrison Fire

Harrison watches what happens with interest, taking in as much as he can.
    Dub Club in the Playground
    I need a new signature.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

The rider seems badly injured, with several arrows protruding from his armour. He seems to still be breathing, but his skin is pallid, probably through lack of food or water. Taris runs up to the rider, and asks Draevous:

"Will he be OK?".

Another soldier runs towards the group, bearing some food, water and a healers' kit, while a third grabs onto the drake, and leads it out toward some kind of stable.

Lirril:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The tube appears to be some sort of container for something - it seems to twist in order to open, although you aren't sure what it might contain. It bears the crest of Taris' legion - a dragon of some sort.

11. - Top - End - #41

DruidGuy

Merissa

Merissa feels awkward, having no idea what to do. She decides to see if she can help.

"Is there any way I can help?" she asks Draevous.

12. - Top - End - #42

Draevous

Trying to work quickly, Dras offers a small prayer to Pelor to save the soldier. A small calming glow surrounds the soldier as some of the wounds close. He takes out his own healer's kit if only since he knows where everything is in it. Rooting through the herb jars, he distractedly replies to Taris (he doesn't identify the voice though, having missed the speech), "The arrows I can heal. If he's bled out while forcing himself to travel, there's not much anyone can do."

Worrying about shock now, Draevous turns to Merissa, "If you see him shivering or any sign he feels cold, get some blankets."
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43

Lirril

She watches the others taking care of the soldier, being careful not to draw any attention to herself. Another moment passes while she stares at the tube, deciding whether or not to open it herself. Whatever it was, it could be important.

But if it was important, then she could be the first to know about it. Once again, her pursuit of knowledge gets the best of her as she slowly and carefully twists it open and attempts to dump the contents into her other hand.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

A silvery aura of light surrounds the fallen soldier briefly as Draevous completes his spell, before fading away. While the magic can do nothing to cure the man's hunger or thirst, it seems to be just enough to revive him.

The mans clothes are completely soaked through, and considering the weather, the lack of shivering may be surprising. Draevous quickly realises that the man probably is suffering from serious hypothermia, as well as serious dehydration and hunger. The man appears to only be alive thanks to raw willpower.

Taris bends down to help the rider, and takes the flask of water and the food from the soldier carrying it, before asking him to fetch a stretcher. He carefully holds the flask up to the soldier's mouth, allowing him to drink. He quickly looks up at Merissa, and says:

"He's cold. Get blankets, he needs them."

Lirril -
    Spoiler
    Show
    The tube appears to contain a couple of things, kept safe from the elements - a map, which appears to show the southern regions, and a sealed letter addressed to Taris.

15. - Top - End - #45

DruidGuy

Merissa

Merissa nods and dashes off, calling out, "I need blankets for an injured man!"

16. - Top - End - #46

Draevous

Finding what he wants, Dras places a small amount of medicinal herbs under the soldier's tongue before moving aside to allow the stronger men to carry the rider to a dry place.

Draevous looks up into the sky in contemplation before he return his consciousness to the town. He can't shake the feeling that something much worse could be in the future.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47

Lirril

Lirril takes a moment to scan the map with curious eyes. She then turns her eyes toward the letter. Interesting, but there's not much sense I can make from this. Better to put it into hands that know what they're doing.

She calmly pushes her way through the crowd toward the others. Now, being much closer, she gets a good look at the soldier. He looks to be in a worse condition that she first thought. The message certainly must be urgent if he was risking his life like this...

Finally tearing her gaze away from the soldier, she turns to Taris and hands out the note and map. "You may want to take a look at these," she says.