New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia IX Game Thread - St Valentines Massacre - Night 6

Jontom, I can see your reason why you belive that my post somehow would undermine the very logic I used against whitehelmet.
    But your on the wrong trail here I'm afraid.

While werewolf is a game of betrayal and lies there are strict rules that dead players are not allowed to affect the game in any way.
    If I had been a Northsider I would never have used a dead team members post to somehow affect the lynch.

As you said, it would be amoral and cheating to use that post in advantage of my team effort and thats simply not what I would do.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2009-03-09 at 06:54 AM.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia IX Game Thread - St Valentines Massacre - Night 3

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Something flashes across James' face. Might have been pity. But, it's gone, and he smiles warmly at her. Well, look on the bright side. You get some of the finest whiskey I've ever tasted. He grins at her, raises his glass, and finishes it off.
    Celeste smiles again and nods. "Yes, there is the whiskey." She tosses back what's left of her drink and sets the glass down before licking her lips. "So, when ya headin' back to work? If it's not until tomorrow, you could stay here. Ya know, since there's no wifey at home for ya." She clears her throat. "And I ain't chargin' ya or nothin' - I just wouldn't mind the company is all."
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

3. - Top - End - #513

Quote Originally Posted by whitehelm View Post
    As you can see, we are in control of this town. Your days are numbered Capone!
    haha ROTFLMAO.

edit:
    If Ranna gets one more point, then I will have been saved because Selrahc violated the rules. I cannot allow that.

I vote for myself.

It's been great playing with you all.
    I'd like to salute whitehelm for being honorable, even though he had a power role and a lot to lose.
    Last edited by TRM; 2009-03-09 at 08:57 AM.
    silver

4. - Top - End - #514
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Jontom, I can see your reason why you belive that my post somehow would undermine the very logic I used against whitehelmet.
    But your on the wrong trail here I'm afraid.

While werewolf is a game of betrayal and lies there are strict rules that dead players are not allowed to affect the game in any way.
    If I had been a Northsider I would never have used a dead team members post to somehow affect the lynch.

As you said, it would be amoral and cheating to use that post in advantage of my team effort and thats simply not what I would do.
    A very good point very well made.

However I very much hope you won't take it personally if I still decide to point at you (or if others do too). It's not a reflection on your morality (or lack of it). It's that I simply don't now you well enough to judge one way or another.
    Spoiler
    Show

Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    New Mayor looks on the usurper as if studying a new species of bu... cat.

My boy, you know the old saying: L'City, est moi. And you're disrupting public order, my son. We don't want, excusxe me for saying, poor troublemakers from outside in this fine town. Sergeant, please, hand mister R. a fine and a deportation order.

Trixie now turns back and returns to scheme how exactly turn this new emergency powers into a dawn of the new era: Galactic Empire, as the voters clearly wanted

"Looks like you need a lesson in politics gramps. In particular, knowing who your friends are and who they ain't." Reinholdt watches, a smirk on his face as the Sergeant and half of the staff defect to his side. "Oops. Seems I won't be getting that order anytime soon."

Reinholdt establishes himself in the west half of City Hall along with his half of the staff and police. "Now look what you did gramps. Your insistence in pretending to be mayor of this fine city is splitting it in two. For shame gramps. For shame."

"Looks like I'll have to fix your failure, gramps." Reinholdt puts into motion his plan. Using the power of ships, Reinholdt prints and distributes a newspaper, the front page being a completely "factual and accurate" story of Trixie x Leon Trotsky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Dwarf in the Playground

(All postings are welcome.

A word of caution regarding any posting, PLEASE do not influence voting if you are no longer or have never been in the game.)

Night 8 Ends

Scene – A seedy speakeasy in the city. Hoodlums meet among the local populace to reflect, and imbibe in illegal untaxed liquor.

The bar closes at dawn, and the place empties except for two tables.

BOOM! The door is blasted by a shotgun, and gunners rush in and begin spraying the empty tavern.

RATTATTATTAT RATTATTATTAT RATTATTATTAT

One of the residents shoots back at the shadowy figures at the door, raising a pistol over an overturned table and firing blindly. Seeing a figure rush around the table he pulls the trigger until it empties, the figure drops in a pool of blood…

Spoiler
    Show
    Istari was killed by the Northside Mob. Istari was a Citizen

The hoodlums finish their clips, rush out the door, and hop onto the rail of their cars shooting back into the speakeasy.

“Boss, they’re gone. Boss! Get up! ….Oh no. Not again.”

Spoiler
    Show
    Jontom Xire was killed by the Capone Mob. Jontom Xire was “Bugs” Moran (Northside Devil)

Day 9 Begins now!

Day 9 Ends in around 48 hours!
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

7. - Top - End - #517
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

"Looks like you need a lesson in politics gramps. In particular, knowing who your friends are and who they ain't." Reinholdt watches, a smirk on his face as the Sergeant and half of the staff defect to his side. "Oops. Seems I won't be getting that order anytime soon."

Reinholdt establishes himself in the west half of City Hall along with his half of the staff and police. "Now look what you did gramps. Your insistence in pretending to be mayor of this fine city is splitting it in two. For shame gramps. For shame."

"Looks like I'll have to fix your failure, gramps." Reinholdt puts into motion his plan. Using the power of ships, Reinholdt prints and distributes a newspaper, the front page being a completely "factual and accurate" story of Trixie x Leon Trotsky.

Trotsky? Comrade, he sits tight in Moscow now. That's total nonsense. I wonder who will believe you? But, if you want to, make fuss in the press, do so, play your little games. I have more important matters now. My boyz need a plan about Naboo blockade due next morning.

Oh, and in the meantime, if you want to play such a game, I can play it too. Colonel, go and make some gossip about Reinholdt in the other parts of our fine country. Something about... I don't know, playa maybe? Go invent something

Oh, and ask the rest of the boyz to "deport" mr. Playa to the bottom of some faraway lake. We don't want him to negate our version of events, now, do we?
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ettin in the Playground

I find the turn of events rather ironic.

*re-lurks*
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

9. - Top - End - #519

Well, business is doing well, but it could do better. Maybe getting rid of the business across the street might help.
    (LordRod)

10. - Top - End - #520

...thats odd.

Today I think I will go with Dr. Bath.
    He was pointing at Ranna quite early, and have not really done anything that would free him from suspicion by looking at his votes so far.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2009-03-10 at 04:41 AM.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Halfling in the Playground

Aaaaggghhh. I feel victory slipping away from us. We were doing so well in the beginning, but in the end our undoing was that while we were getting rid of good guy power roles the Capones were busy getting rid of us :(

Now there are more capones than there are of us!
    Spoiler
    Show

Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

As Mayor Reinholdt's personal bodyguard, I'll see to it that that upstart Trixie is eliminated.

My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #523
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    As Mayor Reinholdt's personal bodyguard, I'll see to it that that upstart Trixie is eliminated.
    Yeah, that terrifying "blitzkrieg" which will arrive in my palace in about 11 years, 3 moths, 2 weeks, 6 days, 13 hours, 5 minutes is truly scaring me

By then, I'll long be a Galactic Emperor. Now shush, I have to call Kanada to order one klone army, TBD.

Oh, and in the meantime, let me whip one or two Endangered Species Acts, so both of you can end up behind the bars. Or ZOO, as the case might be

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

14. - Top - End - #524

>.>
    <.<

...Mr. Narrator, can we get an updated player list, please?
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

15. - Top - End - #525
    Dwarf in the Playground

(An updated player list is a bonus, but not an obligation.

All deaths have been posted in the game thread, if the list is not updated check through the thread. You know that's what I have to do too to double check my work.)
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

16. - Top - End - #526

((I know, but I'm laaaaaaaaazy...[/whine]

Well then, um...

>.>
    <.<

Update the title! Totally kidding. Please don't kill me...eeep!"))
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Soon enough, mashed potatoes are placed on the table as well as a salad. The plates are laid out as well as knives and forks. She then goes to check on how the steaks are coming.

(sorry BR. I posted this in SEU not here. )
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

18. - Top - End - #528

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    Celeste smiles again and nods. "Yes, there is the whiskey." She tosses back what's left of her drink and sets the glass down before licking her lips. "So, when ya headin' back to work? If it's not until tomorrow, you could stay here. Ya know, since there's no wifey at home for ya." She clears her throat. "And I ain't chargin' ya or nothin' - I just wouldn't mind the company is all."
    He sets his glass down and shakes his head a little. Nothing till tomorrow. Thanks for the offer. I'll stay here for the night. He smiles warmly at her.

LordRod

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

19. - Top - End - #529
    Pixie in the Playground

Dr. Bath, for the tie

*shrugs*

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

20. - Top - End - #530
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Aemoh, for apathy.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

21. - Top - End - #531

I looked at the two ladies who sat in comfortable chairs in my office. Drinks had been provided to be consumed at their option, or not. In light of the fact that I was dead, there was no point in keeping up the charade with which I had obfuscated my true identity, and so I'd dispensed of it with the ease with which one might remove a pair of over-large pants.

I regarded the two ladies again.

"Happy. Trixie. I'm glad you both could come out here for this little meeting. I'll try to keep it short. This internecine struggle for who really has the power in my city is getting out of hand - it's almost become disgraceful, and I'm afraid I cannot allow that to occur. It's quite bad enough for business that we seem to get every misfit reject organized crime family from seven states around; we do not need a trench war dividing the attention of the police as well. Now I do not particularly care how you choose to resolve your differences, as long as you do so quickly and with a minimum of fuss."

I stood up from behind my desk, laying both very large hands upon the finish. "Are we of an understanding then, ladies?"
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Troll in the Playground

"Normally, this is when I would pull out a 9mm and dispose of my opponent. Neat, quick, and with a minimum of fuss. But since Trixie is already dead, I'm afraid that I've had to call in some friends."

Spoiler
    Show

"Boys, take care of the usurper, if you would."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #533
    Troll in the Playground

Yawn

What, another coup as dangerous as turtle blitzkrieg? Do you never learn? Mr. Vice-Mayor, please see to our poor duo...

Spoiler
    Show

I want them resting in pieces by tomorrow morning, along with all their lackeys

Now shush, I have to "send" someone to Nebraska's senator A. Midala

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

24. - Top - End - #534

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    He sets his glass down and shakes his head a little. Nothing till tomorrow. Thanks for the offer. I'll stay here for the night. He smiles warmly at her.
    Celeste returns the smile and leans over to give James a kiss. It's needy, lonely. Pulling away, she switches off the lights.

O.o

((And...LordRod, why not?))
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

25. - Top - End - #535

Alarra you still want to play right?
    *runs off and hides*

My One And Only Trophy

26. - Top - End - #536
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Hello -

New comic today, so I'll be surprised if the boards are up tonight when we're supposed to update.

Since I do not believe in updating any lynch early, for any reason, if the boards are not up for the update expect the update to be made 12-24 hours after the time we set.

That is all.

AF ~)

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

Shadowcaller seems pretty suspicious, with his picking on me for using the same logic as he was yesterday.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deathslayer7 View Post
    Soon enough, mashed potatoes are placed on the table as well as a salad. The plates are laid out as well as knives and forks. She then goes to check on how the steaks are coming.

(sorry BR. I posted this in SEU not here. )
    ((Heh. I've done that a few time,s no worries.))

O'Connell looks up at Liriel with a smile as she comes outside. Ah, perfect timing. I do believe everything's ready out here, milady.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

29. - Top - End - #539
    Orc in the Playground

...thats odd.

Today I think I will go with Dr. Bath.
    He was pointing at Ranna quite early, and have not really done anything that would free him from suspicion by looking at his votes so far.
    Hm... Jontom attempting to incriminate SC puts him out of Northside, at least, and I doubt the Capones are willing to take another thrashing like early on.

Thus, I'll trust SC for now, and point at Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

30. - Top - End - #540

Dr bath to save myself