New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia IX Game Thread - St Valentines Massacre - Night 1

After the goons left, the emerald claw set in his ring pulsed with a faint light. The mayor's ghost sat patiently within his crystalline home, drumming his fingers. He had gotten involved in the underworld so he could have a piece of the dragon, a humble shard by which he could ensure that his legacy would carry on. He had once told a priest of Imhotep that he was not the only one who dabbled in the supernatural, and his morbid curiousity had paid off when he least expected it.

He had let his lawyer handle the affairs of his material belongings, his only stipulation being that any cash found on his property be discreetly donated to poorhouses. He had no doubt that the lawyer, being the selfish and ambitious young man that he was, would claim everything for himself. He didn't have respect for any taboos, either, which ensured that he would have no stipulations against putting the ring on. Finally, he had blue eyes, so the glow of possession would be difficult to notice.

As the glow faded, the silver snake that wrapped around the late Ganurath's finger now found that it had, rather than an emerald, a sapphire secured within its mouth.

"Soon, very soon, I'll stop being too old for this."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

As I walked down the street to Lucky's I heard several rumors. Rumors that a Capone had been captured and killed attempting to infiltrate the hospital staff. Rumors that the capones had taken their revenge in the form of killing our mayor. Rumors that the capones might be doing these things to intimidate a new gang in town. I was sick of rumors, I wanted the truth, I wanted Al Capone behind bars, I wanted a sandwich which actually had cheese on it this time. But at the moment I couldn't get any of these things, which was why I was heading to Lucky's. At Lucky's there were often people who paid good money to know the rumors.

((point to come later))
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Point at Uncle Festy. A trend I've noticed is for wolves to point at other wolves on Days (especially Day 1) when their point doesn't matter, so that they look innocent if that wolf is later lynched.

It's not much of one, but it's an idea. Of course, if anyone has other theories, those are likely to be a better choice...
    silver

4. - Top - End - #64
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm going to have to go for Thes Hunter.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

5. - Top - End - #65

((Goof - who're ya talking to? Open invite for RP?))

Celeste sighed and slipped on her long gloves, pulling them all the way up to her elbows. It was cold, and the gloves kept her from having to actually touch anything on her way to Lucky's. It had been quiet the day before, and quiet that night. That meant only one thing - the Mob was out and about. And sure enough, this morning, a mobster caught, a citizen killed. She sighed - death was bad for business.

Celeste slipped on her favorite red dress and headed down to the bar. At least at Lucky's there were people to talk to, and usually someone up for a quickie in the bathroom. But there was always something to see and news to hear. On her way out, she grabbed a white scarf and wrapped it around her neck.

She spots a guy who stiffed her once - Kerfuffle Mach. She flips him the bird and keeps walking, her boot heels clicking in perfect rhythm on the sidewalk.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

A man stood in a dark corner. The man was rather unimpressive at first glance, and not many would ever glance at him a second time. His clothes concealed most of him and his posture and attitude hinted at a wholly unremarkable person, living his life in a slum, thoroughly fed up with his life but lacking the skills and ambition for anything better. But if anyone happened to notice his eyes, they were sharp and kept watching the passing people carefully.

These eyes of his found someone. Jontom Xire. He studied the man carefully and then he seemed to be lost in thought, almost forgetting to check the next person coming in.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Autolynches can and do happen on Day 2.

This will be our only warning , as stated in the rules FORUMS PERMITTING players must vote at least once every two day phases.

Today's list of potential autolynch victims are:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Doseki
    Dr. Bath
    Emperor Demonking
    Mustiado
    Numberfourteen
    SweetLikeLemmons
    The Bushranger

Another two notes:

Do not rely on the narrators to update the current list of players. We'll update when we get the chance. If players want to update who has voted, and what the lists of the dead are vs. the living... GO FOR IT.

Also, please don't expect trophies. If we have a volunteer that has the time and inclination to make the trophies - please contact me.

That is all.

See you at the lynch scene...

)
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

((I believe the Goof was talkin' to you, Dirk Kris.
    RP to follow when Deathslayer responds to my last. ))

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #69

((Andre, I think Bathy filed an away-notice.
    And I ain't scared o' no Goof!))
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    ((Andre, I think Bathy filed an away-notice.
    And I ain't scared o' no Goof!))
    (He did? He must have missed us, since I don't remember seeing a PM. The thread must not have been up yet.

I'll look through the WW Central posts, and if I see it there we'll put his autolynch on hold.

Thanks!

AF ~)
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

11. - Top - End - #71

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    Dr. Bath and Aemoh have filled away notice, in one form or another, so I will give them this day as a bonus. If they don't point today or tommorow, they will be autolynced when day 7 ends.
    Saw this in one of my other games.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Mafia IX Game Thread - St Valentines Massacre - Day 1

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    ((eek...didn't see the thread! But I'm here now!))

And that night, after the lights are out and the city has gone to bed, a man comes walking up the street. He looks like an ordinary, normal, plain man making the transition from youth to middle age, except there's something...off about him, somehow, like he's slightly, ever so very slightly fuzzy around the edges?

This would be because he is dead. A ghost. He's learned to attain tangibility and a solid form, yet if you stare at him long enough you still notice that fuzziness.

And so Patrick O'Connell, a/k/a The Shadow, sometimes known by the alias "The Bushranger", walks up the drive to Liriel's house.

Sounds of cleaning can be heard coming from inside. The door is slightly ajar. Some country folk music can be heard as well. She sees Supagoof outside, doing something crazy as always. It didn't bother her anymore.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2009-02-12 at 01:24 PM.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    At Fin.

Mostly because the whole "shortest name" idea was dumb, and besides, "Al" Capone had the shortest name of them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Fairchilde View Post
    "Sorry boss, we had a tip she was in the mob."

Spoiler
    Show
    Fin was lynched. Fin was a member of the Capone Mob (Mobster).
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Trixie seems dangerous, because she doesn't have that much experience it seems, but is still very good.
    My compliments.
    Trixie once again nailed h** target, as so many before, without error. If there was a bast tracker in the city, no, in the state, it obvious who would claim that title.

Again, Trixie's desk was liberally littered with photos, scoops, results of years of experience in the job. There was no doubt that members of the mob were all there. Now, it was only a matter of time until they were all lynched.

Alas, the police was lazy, the judges slow; only one of these monsters could be hanged in a day. After a bit, of hesitating, Trixie picked one photo.

Those who try to obstruct justice are those I call evil; I'm justice. Only the mafia would dare to raise its hand against justice; that hand will be hacked out and cast into the flames.
    Dallas-Dakota, prepare to meet your gods. Even your mob name was so uncreative, it's a wonder how they taught you to hold a Thompson.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deathslayer7 View Post
    Sounds of cleaning can be heard coming from inside. The door is slightly ajar. Some country folk music can be heard as well. She sees Supagoof outside, doing something crazy as always. It didn't bother her anymore.
    O'Connell pauses outside the house, watching for a moment. He hadn't meant to be away for so long...well, standing around never got a man (or a ghost) anything, now did it? And so he heads up to the porch, and, after a moment's hesitation, phases through the partly-open door and inside.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2009-02-12 at 01:49 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

Going to point at Thes Hunter

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Mafia IX Game Thread - St Valentines Massacre - Day 2

Liriel stood at the sink washing dishes from last week. She scrubbed at the dirty dishes furiosly, trying to clean them. That's when she felt the temperature drop a few degrees in the room. She stopped scrubbing but didn't turn around.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Faerie quickly packs a bag.

We have to go check on Auntie and that creep, Albert. Get your coat. The train leaves in an hour. When I bought the tickets from Noir Cat, I was told to get to the station early. They are barely stopping this days out of fear!

((Andre: Hippie and I are going to be away for a day or two. It shouldn't effect my pointing, but I wanted to let you know to prevent an auto-lynch.))
    Last edited by Mountain_Faerie; 2009-02-12 at 05:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

You love me... you really love me!

Ceikatar by the best Ceika, ever!

18. - Top - End - #78

BardGuy

There were always people with something to hide... Especially in this town. I certainly had some skeletons I'd rather not let people know about... I'd been somebody once, but wasn't now, and it was just easier if everyone always thought that I was a nothing. Safer. Quieter. But darned if you didn't have to check the other nothings for people who were a lot more than they seemed...

But even if I'm nothing, not anyone, I still figure I ought to think for myself. It's all I've got left, you know? But there are those who try to be nothing and not think for themselves... They blend in right well... Might even confuse them for the bench they sit on... No better way to hide, until someone comes looking for someone trying too hard to look like nobody. Then you get hit. Fast.

Somebody ought to tell Doseki about this rule of thumb. Might save his hide someday. But being that person would only draw attention to me. Better to lie low and let no one figure out where they've heard my name before...

But things are going to get rough around here, and I'd rather they pass me by when they do. They won't. But I'd rather that they would. Wouldn't we all like that?
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

Istari might have tried to save Fin.

[/reallyquicklogicthatisprobablywrong]
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

20. - Top - End - #80
    Firbolg in the Playground

The woman is at the police station.

What's going on around Here?! Two people are in the obituaries, and I hear that Uncle Festy got a death threat!?

21. - Top - End - #81

Well, its been a short time since I arrived in the city, but I have a job now. Making sandwiches, a simple job, but a job.
    One customer keeps saying I keep forgeting the cheese on his sandwiche, but I'm not.
    Stupid iceddragons, clearly looking to get free food out of him.
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2009-02-12 at 07:41 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82

Hm.
    Just skimming yesterday, it sorta looks like Queenfange (or possibly Jontom, though I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as it was supposedly a quick post) was pushing the Murska counterbandwagon. Also, she's new, so is more likely to not know that pushing the bandwagon opposite a wolf makes you suspicious.
    Just a thought.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Faerie View Post
    Faerie quickly packs a bag.

We have to go check on Auntie and that creep, Albert. Get your coat. The train leaves in an hour. When I bought the tickets from Noir Cat, I was told to get to the station early. They are barely stopping this days out of fear!

((Andre: Hippie and I are going to be away for a day or two. It shouldn't effect my pointing, but I wanted to let you know to prevent an auto-lynch.))
    Got it!

24. - Top - End - #84

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    Istari might have tried to save Fin.

[/reallyquicklogicthatisprobablywrong]
    ?????????

I wasn't even on a bandwagon that day Darkcomet

25. - Top - End - #85

Most cities are like most dames, love them and they'll love you back. But this city isn't like that. This city is a bitch.

Rilik, Private Eye stumbles out of an alleyway. He's a little dirty and smells vaguely of cheap nonalcoholic liquor. Most people would think that the lush spent the evening snoozing in a random alleyway. Well, most people would be right.

My nightly stakeout of this suspicious alleyway was inconclusive. The scurrying of rats filled my ears like the sounds of nails on a chalkboard. I held out my hat in deference to the good citizens of this city but all I got was idle greetings and change.

I shoved the change into my pockets like a man stuffing himself for his last meal on earth. My boots scuffed the ground with the sound of a car screeching to a halt.

Then I saw the body. He dangled from the rope like some cheap puppet. Like the kind you'd buy at a nickel and dime store for a quarter. One of a cute cartoon character that your little sibling had decided to ugly up a bit.

Rilik glances at Fin's corpse swaying from the gallows. He lights a smoke and takes a long drag. He washes it down with a long drought form his hip flask.

The smoke drifted from my deathstick, obscuring my face and stinging my eyes. It clouded my vision like cancerous fog on a cloudy day. Maybe this is all that this city is.

After twenty minutes of internal monologue in the main city square Rilik draws, levels, and cocks his gun. He points it at- (to be determined after I create an Excel spreadsheet of people's votes to try and come up with a coherent reason to accuse someone).

(( Which is taking forever to make! ))
    Last edited by Flabbicus; 2009-02-12 at 09:17 PM.
    Groom to the Haberdasher's Daughter.

Freddy Krueger by Ink, Flabbicus by Lord Herman, Rilik by Ceika.

26. - Top - End - #86

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post

She spots a guy who stiffed her once - Kerfuffle Mach. She flips him the bird and keeps walking, her boot heels clicking in perfect rhythm on the sidewalk.
    James was also on his way to Lucky's. And he was very confused as to why a woman would randomly give him the finger. He didn't think he knew her. Oh well. Some people are just angry a lot.

On his way, James noticed iceddragons near an old building. Kinda gave him the heebie-jeebies. He started walking quicker to get past.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, Queenfange has the best reasoning so far.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    ?????????

I wasn't even on a bandwagon that day Darkcomet
    Flabbicus had some points against him already, Istari.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll point randomly at Shades of gray.

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    Flabbicus had some points against him already, Istari.
    I completely misinterpreted that on the first read through.
    Groom to the Haberdasher's Daughter.

Freddy Krueger by Ink, Flabbicus by Lord Herman, Rilik by Ceika.