New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XVIII

Huh, I just found this on youtube. Those pictures are awesome! Especialy how Q and Q changed. Where these pictures were posted? I would like see more
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

An earlier discussion thread.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Well, Ven hasn't developed them yet (he hasn't had a reason to until the resistance. When your job is mainly fixing the ship and repelling the occasional boarding party, having Detta's you can stuff full of explosives isn't that useful.) Do I need to constantly mention them for some reason?
    Nah, I was just wondering if you'd forgotten them.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    Huh, I just found this on youtube. Those pictures are awesome! Especialy how Q and Q changed. Where these pictures were posted? I would like see more
    To elaborate further from my earlier comment, chriky asked for pictures of various characters as they would appear in FI, and drew some of his own, then put them into a video. This occurred in Discussion Thread 17.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Banned

Some others:
    By Fayt.
    An FI trailer by Nameless, and for good measure a FFF one by Nameless.

6. - Top - End - #306

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    To elaborate further from my earlier comment, chriky asked for pictures of various characters as they would appear in FI, and drew some of his own, then put them into a video. This occurred in Discussion Thread 17.
    Thanks, its starting around page 24 right? Realy interesting, I already have some ideas how to fit in with my curent character (it reminds me of shadowrun a bit), just need to write it and draw it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Some others:
    By Fayt.
    An FI trailer by Nameless, and for good measure a FFF one by Nameless.

Short, but still nice
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

*reads Discution thread and comic thread*
    soo.... just because i'm ill and have to tiptoe around my parentes to get on the internet... you guys can go fishing with me as bait? :raisedeyebrow:

Anyway I'm going to do a little FFF comic, (and work some more on my FI intro comics later on) ... *looks at clock* after I've had tea in about half hour or so...
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fayt View Post
    soo.... just because i'm ill and have to tiptoe around my parentes to get on the internet... you guys can go fishing with me as bait? :raisedeyebrow:

Anyway I'm going to do a little FFF comic, (and work some more on my FI intro comics later on) ... *looks at clock* after I've had tea in about half hour or so...
    Heh heh... Tea time.
    ____

9. - Top - End - #309
    Banned

See, this is what I have trouble with. That if someone isn't online for a few days, their characters are 'fair game'. It was the same when MM wanted to do the final scene without asking Mem, Iced and Kev if they wanted to be in it.
    Just saying.
    But it looks like Skimmer MOSTLY meant to just do a Random Kill.

10. - Top - End - #310

I guess its my time to post my character now, later I will add more (maybe).
    Spoiler
    Show

Race: Shapechanger (fox) - Shapechangers are originaly a common animals with the ability to take on human form, so unlike werewolves which can maintain complete human form, schapechangers still shows some of their animal aspects such as animal ears or tail, on the contrary when werewolves can maintain mostly animal shape in some sort of humanoid form, shapechangers have ability fully transform in their true animal form.
    All schapechagers usualy obtain their abilites by encountering magical anomaly of some sort, which sometimes randomly apears in whole Avbaroy.
    Because of their rare origin and independence on certain animal kind, they are not able create any type of society and usualy wander in larger towns and cities, mostly because of food.
    Due to their magical origin and ability shapeshift, they also possess high regenaration ability thus they are able to stop bleeding within seconds and even regrow lost limbs in matter of days.
    Even though they are originaly an animals, they learn extremely quickly thus they are able to talk, act even think like other humans in matter of 4-8 years, however for unknown reason is extremely hard for them understand how magic works and casting spells is for them almost imposible.

Class: Monk(main)/Rogue

Aligment: Lawfull neutral

Equipment: Giant bell - used as acoustic quarterstaff weapon. Direct contact with sound waves usualy causes disorientation, deafness and in worst cases even stun and paralysis (not to mention that big headache).
    Bag of holding - contains lot of random stuff like fishing rod for example.

Future imperfect backstory: Personaly she values Resistance as heroes for what they done in the past, but now she sees in them great danger and cause of curent war (well, I think it is war of some sort), so she joined UNA as mercenary from her own free will to hunt them down and keep peace and prosperity in whole Avbaroy (yes, she is naive).
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    I guess its my time to post my character now, later I will add more (maybe).
    Spoiler
    Show

Race: Shapechanger (fox) - Shapechangers are originaly a common animals with the ability to take on human form, so unlike werewolves which can maintain complete human form, schapechangers still shows some of their animal aspects such as animal ears or tail, on the contrary when werewolves can maintain mostly animal shape in some sort of humanoid form, shapechangers have ability fully transform in their true animal form.
    All schapechagers usualy obtain their abilites by encountering magical anomaly of some sort, which sometimes randomly apears in whole Avbaroy.
    Because of their rare origin and independence on certain animal kind, they are not able create any type of society and usualy wander in larger towns and cities, mostly because of food.
    Due to their magical origin and ability shapeshift, they also possess high regenaration ability thus they are able to stop bleeding within seconds and even regrow lost limbs in matter of days.
    Even though they are originaly an animals, they learn extremely quickly thus they are able to talk, act even think like other humans in matter of 4-8 years, however for unknown reason is extremely hard for them understand how magic works and casting spells is for them almost imposible.

Aligment: Lawfull neutral

Equipment: Giant bell - used as acoustic quarterstaff weapon. Direct contact with sound waves usualy causes disorientation, deafness and in worst cases even stun and paralysis (not to mention that big headache).
    Bag of holding - contains lot of random stuff like fishing rod for example.

Future imperfect backstory: Personaly she values Resistance as heroes for what they done in the past, but now she sees in them great danger and cause of curent war (well, I think it is war of some sort), so she joined UNA as mercenary from her own free will to hunt them down and keep peace and prosperity in whole Avbaroy (yes, she is naive).
    Welcome to the right side, comrade *salutes*. And yes, aiding those terrorist in destroying our most perfect world would be crime against oneself as well as against every good citizen. Let us hunt some crimethinkers!

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Welcome to the side of good! Together we shall protect the people of Avbaroy from the terrorist insurgents!

And, due to boredom, a slight rewrite.
    Spoiler
    Show

Race: Shapechanger (fox) - Shapechangers are the result of a rare magical mutation, only occurring when natural animals come into contact with a particular magical anomaly. This mutation grants the animal human intellect, and the ability to change to a humanoid form. However, some animal features are retained in this form, such as ears and tails. The precise features retained varies, seemingly randomly for each Shapechanger.
    The residual magical energy present in each Shapechanger commonly grants them a regenerative ability, sometimes in addition to other magical abilities.
    Despite this, and a natural aptitude for learning, Shapechangers have so far proved unable to learn the art of magic, whether by wizardry or some other method.

Aligment: Lawful neutral

Equipment: Giant bell - A magical quarterstaff which deals sonic damage, and can cause disorientation to those nearby, stunning them temporarily.
    Bag of holding - Containing random items to be used as the situation dictates, e.g. the fishing rod Fayte was attached too.

Role in Future Imperfect: Skimmer, while valuing the heroic deeds some of the Resistance members undertook in the past, cannot understand why they oppose the UNA, and works for UNIA as a mercenary, hoping to take the Resistance alive, and give them a chance to work for the betterment of Avbaroy.
    Use it, or not, it's your character.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Welcome to the side of good! Together we shall protect the people of Avbaroy from the terrorist insurgents!

You cant re-right characters can you?
    Isn't that.... God modding?

anyway...
    *rustles up some more templates*
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

You cant re-right characters can you?
    Isn't that.... God modding?
    Says the guy who has a pair of Gods as his characters. :P

'Sides, I didn't exactly change much. Just some stuff about Shapechangers, which means would be interesting if more of them show up, and then just tried to present the rest in a more concise manner.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

I had A god, 1 =P

And I came up with a great slave race....
    Dog people (not sure what the scientific name would be) but they would make slaves because they are very loyal =)
    (yeah I was very board)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Dog people (not sure what the scientific name would be) but they would make slaves because they are very loyal =)
    (yeah I was very board)
    You come up with it now? Didn't you have an ex-slave dog-boy character planned out for FI a while ago?

17. - Top - End - #317
    Colossus in the Playground

You come up with it now? Didn't you have an ex-slave dog-boy character planned out for FI a while ago?
    His name was Diskord I believe.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2009-02-19 at 05:25 AM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    His name was Diskord I believe.
    Har har har.
    If i could be bothered, id random kill u with a jar

@Keris:
    yeah, but i decided against it... I do that a lot (now ive decided Fayte and Rel (pirate guy))
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319
    Colossus in the Playground

I'd like to do the same to you, but right now i'm feeling under the weather, i'll be lucky if I get wtwu done today.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

21. - Top - End - #321

Well done, well done *clap hands*, I'll probably use something of that in final version

...Just some stuff about Shapechangers, which means would be interesting if more of them show up...

I though of that too, Skimmer surely isnt only shapechanger in whole Avbaroy, just chance that there will be two of fox (bear, wolf, serpent...) schapechangers is certainly low. There is a lot of diferent animals.
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-02-19 at 11:15 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

I recently found an old "How To Draw Chibi Manga" book I bought years ago and has been kicking around my house for a while unused. To convince myself it wasn't a waste of money, I sat down for 20 straight seconds and drew this:

Spoiler
    Show

Just incase my drawing is horrible and you can't tell who is who:

Top right: Q
    Left to right: Threeshades, Kpenguin, Lying, Almighty Salmon, Gremlin, Nameless and Randomizer.

What do you think?
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    I recently found an old "How To Draw Chibi Manga" book I bought years ago and has been kicking around my house for a while unused. To convince myself it wasn't a waste of money, I sat down for 20 straight seconds and drew this:

Spoiler
    Show

Just incase my drawing is horrible and you can't tell who is who:

Top right: Q
    Left to right: Threeshades, Kpenguin, Lying, Almighty Salmon, Gremlin, Nameless and Randomizer.

What do you think?
    I honestly cannot imagine an 80 year old drawing Chibi...

Nice work though.

24. - Top - End - #324

Dog people (not sure what the scientific name would be)
    Probably Canis Erectus, literally Upright Dog.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    My old avatars, in order of use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloddyredcommie View Post
    If the players don't, its a glaive to the face.
    I was tempted to just have that say "Its a glaive to the face."

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

What do you think?
    It's cute and yet somehow terrifyingly creepy at the exact same time...

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

KPenguin's just staring at me...

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I honestly cannot imagine an 80 year old drawing Chibi...

Nice work though.
    Do you honestly believe that the_Q really is ~80 years old ? Anybody with more than half a brain can realise that he's not even in his forties.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-02-19 at 08:11 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Firbolg in the Playground

Someone else, someone who shared his account, said that he was 80. He's stated that he is ~50.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Do you honestly believe that the_Q really is ~80 years old ? Anybody with more than half a brain can realise that he's not even in his forties.
    To be honest, I don't know.
    That's why I said, and I quote:
    "I honestly cannot imagine an 80 year old drawing Chibi..."

And there's no need to get rude.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-02-19 at 08:13 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Firbolg in the Playground

For those who didn't notice, Hurt/Heal updated.

Fayte, I'm waiting for your PM.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.