New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Zombie Apocalypse IC

Dawn is breaking over the horizon, some of you may be getting off duty and others just waking up. But one thing that's certain-you're all heading to the mess hall to get some food. Dawn is the one time of day when almost everyone has a lull in their duties, which means it's the one time of day that people can gather and discuss things.

The zombies have been quiet recently, and a few people are hopeful that this means the outbreak is ending. Who knows, maybe zombies starve after a while or something. As you sit down to eat, Samantha Rougeu walks over to your table-
    In the last batch of zombies that I got to study I found some disturbing things, I'd like everyone to come in to the infirmary for some blood tests. If you'll tell Jack here when you can come in I'd appreciate it.
    she says, indicating a rather nervous looking young man behind her before moving on to the next table. Jack steps forward-
    Well, i-it's like the d-doc said, we'd like to test e-everyone.
    he stutters a bit as he speaks and his gripping his clip board tightly.
    So if you c-could tell me when a good time for you to come in would be?

Spoiler
    Show
    you don't all have to go in at the same time, but it's up to you guys.
    everyone at the camp stands watch except for the medical staff, and the dawn shift is on a rotation schedule so the same people don't get boned every time about breakfast.

also, unless two NPCs are talking to each other and I need to differentiate their speech for you, all NPCs will just speak in bold, you guys get to pick colors for your speech based on who posts dialogue first.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Zombie Apocalypse IC

Kevin Leeroy

Glancing up as Samantha walks up Kevin keeps eating while listening, even now at breakfast he wears his bright blue bulletproof vest and his pistols are strapped to his hips.

Listening to her and Jack's story, Kevin rises a roll of bread still in hand. Standing just over 6 foot Kevin doesn't stand out to much, however his time against the zombies has made him fit and and food rationing has seen to his slim build."I have third watch today, so I'll go now."

Walking over to the infirmary, Kevin thinks wonder if those kids have finished cleaning my rifle and blade yet. I feel almost naked without them.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Faith Aberny

Looking up blearily from her breakfast upon hearing Samantha, Faith takes a minute to process what has just been said. But after much thoughful munching of her breakfast, and ticking off in her head all the things she has to do today she replies, flashing a huge, albeit tired, smile at Jack. "I'll probably be there in half an hour or so, just got to finish up here."

With that, Faith returns to the serious task of eating breakfast. Wondering why they have been called to the infirmary so suddenly.
    Last edited by Jujubird; 2009-02-09 at 01:34 AM.
    Many's the long night I've dreamed of cheese - toasted mostly.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

James Trahern

The young man scratches the patchy stubble he calls a beard as Samantha moves on. "Odd... I don't recall being informed of this... Maybe some sort of mutations within the original infection? Hold up Kev, I'm coming with you."
    Never much for breakfast anyway, James abandons his food and follows with Kevin Leeroy to the infirmary.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Kenrick Nolan

Stepping out from the kitchen, after having helped Banjo with the breakfast, Kenny finishes wiping his hands. " 's it okay if I take a fiver, Boss-Man? Easier to get Lady Draculas' jabs over and done with, rather than stewing in the fear all day."
    He lobs the cloth over his shoulder and into the empty sink that had been, just minutes ago, full of dirty dishes, and joins the small parade already making their way towards the medical cabins.
    Heroes \hee'-rhos\: what a guy in a boat does.

"Not the Earth!? That's where I keep all my stuff!" - the Tick.

6. - Top - End - #6

Kevin Leeroy

Turn as James speaks, Kevin takes a few swift steps back to the table, before laying a hand on James chest. "Either finish your meal, or take some with you." Kevin makes a point of this by taking a rather fearsome bite out of the roll he took with him. "Your no good to anyone hungry." With that he gives James a slight push towards the table before he turns and marches on not waiting to see who comes with him or not.
    Last edited by WrathOfLife; 2009-02-09 at 06:30 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Thomas Willenall

Tom was returning from the late-night patrol and had just sat down for breakfast when the announcement was given by the seemingly small doctor's assistant. Seeing a good portion of the people getting up to leave to go to the infirmary, he shrugs, finishing up what was left on his plate and rushes to join the group.

"Might as well see what this is all about before they do it to me," Tom mutters inaudibly under his breath.

He positions himself in the back, hoping nobody would notice him, not out of fear of social interaction so much as not to be a nuisance to anyone. The hunting rifle and messenger bag on his back sway a little as they make their way to the infirmary.
    Thanks to kpenguin for the avatar.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

As the group starts walking towards the infirmary you hear shouting coming from the MacRinnalch's abode, you can't quite make out any words but you can definitely hear William's and Steven's voices.
    Once you get about half way to the infirmary you see Steven stalk out of the home and move toward the wall.

Spoiler
    Show
    the group moving to the infirmary consists of whoever is going right away, Jack the assistant and 12 or so other people.

whoever's in that group need to make wits+composure rolls.

9. - Top - End - #9

Kevin

Spoiler
    Show

Wits(3)+composure(3)
    (1d10)[10]
    (1d10)[10]
    (1d10)[3]
    (1d10)[5]
    (1d10)[6]
    (1d10)[8]

10. - Top - End - #10

Kevin; Ten again

Spoiler
    Show

(1d10)[10]
    (1d10)[2]

11. - Top - End - #11

Kevin; with more 10's

Spoiler
    Show

(1d10)[6]

Total of 4 Successes.
    Last edited by WrathOfLife; 2009-02-09 at 07:24 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

James grabs a roll from his plate before chasing after the group at a brisk walk.

Wits(3)+Composure(3)=6

1d10 → [2] = (2)
    1d10 → [4] = (4)
    1d10 → [1] = (1)
    1d10 → [8] = (8)
    1d10 → [10] = (10)
    1d10 → [8] = (8)

Ten Again
    1d10 → [3] = (3)

3 Successes.
    (Sorry, Don't know how to script the spoiler)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Wits + Composure, 3+3=6
    (6d10)[5][1][7][1][8][7](29)
    Last edited by Parasol; 2009-02-09 at 08:29 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    Wits(2) +Composure (3)
    (1d10)[10]
    (1d10)[4]
    (1d10)[3]
    (1d10)[8]
    (1d10)[2]

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    There has to be a more elegent way to do this
    (1d10)[3]

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Finishing her breakfast, Faith stretches leisurely, running her hands through her long thick red/brown hair. "I guess I'll be heading off now" she mutters under her breath.

Getting up, she starts to walk to the infirmary, listening cheerfully to the quiet buzz off chatter around her.
    Last edited by Jujubird; 2009-02-10 at 06:37 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

(ooc: damn, no one failed-you guys might make through the apocalypse after all )

As you're walking you see that someone is following Steven, waving his arms and pointing at the wall. He seems stangely unable to make any noise whatsoever, even with his movement.

18. - Top - End - #18

Kevin

Frowning as he watches the stranger following Steve, Kevin's hand rests on one of his hip holsters. That doesn't look right, why isn't he making noise?

Breaking away slightly from the group, Kevin yells out to Steve. "Whats going on Steve? Who's the new guy? Everything ok?"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

Tom

Tom looks up out of his sleepy daze upon hearing the shouting from one of the people he was following. He traces the man's line of sight over to Steven and the strangely quiet man behind him. It seemed as though the guy was gesturing towards the wall and since he was being quiet, maybe something bad was on the other side, he wasn't sure. Still...

"Hey!" he shouted in a stage whisper. "Don't yell, there could be something on the other side of the wall. Let's go check on it."

Tom removed the hunting rifle from his back, took the safety off, and hustled over to the motioning man and Stephen.

20. - Top - End - #20

Kevin

Letting lose a low snarl, Kevin holds his ground, but draw's his pistol slowly holding it by his hip, its laser sight steady as an arrow on the ground. Keeping his offhand free he signals to the others, minus tom, to hold there ground.

READY ACTION:
    Spoiler
    Show

Should the quiet man try to aggressively reach out and grab someone, or make a sudden move that suggests such an agressive action, Kevin will shoot him in the head. (dice pool for such an action is 9d10 (4 dex, 4 firearm, pistol speical, 3 gun - 3 headshot)

Mercy...
    Last edited by WrathOfLife; 2009-02-10 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Modifcation of ready action

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Faith

Faith is daydreaming as she walks, a faraway look in her gray eyes, when she almost walks into Kevin. As her brain comes back to present, she takes stock of the situation. Seeing Kevin, ready to shoot at a quiet man she had never seen before, standing near Steven, and Tom cautiously approaching with his rifle out. One word seemed to echo in her mind, "Mercy?" she muttered questioningly under her breath.

She too carefully got her gun out of the bag she always carries on her back. She holds her shotgun so it would be easy to shoot at the strange silent man if need be.

22. - Top - End - #22

James

Focus on everything here... Maybe Steven and the quiet man are not the whole picture.
    Deciding caution trumps his curiosity, James unclips his berrettas as his mind races.
    Faith said something about a Mercy... So did Kevin... Everyone's voicing their fears. We can't rush the wall, that could be a diversion. It could just be an arguement and the man following Steven is a mute, but if that's so, who was Steven arguing with? Were any of the recent survivors mutes? Or deaf? Most deaf people can speak coherently, or at least make sounds, so he's probably not deaf... I don't have the skill to shoot an individual target if one attacks the other at close range... Could this be related to the strange findings with the zombies?
    James does his best to keep the whole area under surveillance, but other than that, takes no other movement than to stay near the others.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Steven looks up at being hailed, and turns to see the man. He rushes over to the man, not showing any signs that he thinks the man is dangerous and talk to him, the man tries to respond, his mouth moves, but no sound comes out (granted he might just be talking low, but it seems like no sound is coming out.) but continues waving frantically at the wall. Steven finally nods and starts walking to the wall, the man in tow.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    the man is from the newest batch of survivors (about a month ago) so while it's possible that some of you haven't seen him before it's unlikely that none of you have.

Steven (he hates being called Steve by the way) and the man are about 10 yards away from you when all this starts, and the wall is beyond Steven's house. (I doubt I'll be using maps since I don't actually know how to make them, we'll be using the rule of common sense for ranges and movements and such.)

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

Tom

Tom continues to hustle over to where Steven and the quiet man are, feeling certain now that there's a problem on the other side of the fence, based off observations. He hangs back a little bit before he gets to them, watching where they go, just in case it's a personal matter and not some kind of trouble.
    Last edited by Parasol; 2009-02-11 at 11:39 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Kevin

Whats going on? This doesn't feel right. Kevin frowns and grabs one of the randoms heading to the infirmary infirmary "Get the kids to finish up on my knife and rifle and have them bring them to me at once." With that he turns to the others. "I don't know whats going on, but I don't think Steven would ignore me like that. I want you guys to go to the infirmary and find out whats going on. Faith and James, I want you guys with guns out at all times. When you get to the infirmary, lock the door and wait for Tom or I to return before leaving." With that Kevin draws his other pistol, now making no pretense of his intentions. He walks forward slowly steeling himself to go kill some people, lowering both pistols to point at the ground. "I asked whats going on Steven, these are bad times to be ignoring folk. I'm going to need you to stop and tell me whats going on before you get to that there wall."

Spoiler
    Show

Ready action to shoot, now includes Steven as a valid target. I'm not to sure about american distances, but Kevin should be able to hear from 10 yards a way right? What did Steven say to the new comer?
    Last edited by WrathOfLife; 2009-02-11 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Re-written post after GM spoiler info.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Steven didn't ignore you, the hail he looked up at was yours, then he turned to the other guy.

and 10 yards is about 30 ft. so you didn't he what he said to the other guy.

you also wouldn't be able to catch him before he gets to the wall.
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2009-02-11 at 09:20 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by sidhe_blooded View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steven didn't ignore you, the hail he looked up at was yours, then he turned to the other guy.

and 10 yards is about 30 ft. so you didn't he what he said to the other guy.

you also wouldn't be able to catch him before he gets to the wall.
    Spoiler
    Show

Not trying to catch him, trying to call him to a stop, in the case of only being half ignored. I'll change my post to have kevin keep his guns out but pointed at the ground.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

Faith

Glaring at Kevin for talking to her in such a brusque manner, (she doesn't stand for impoliteness unless it's an emergency, and, as far as she's concerned, it's not an emergency yet) she grudingly makes her way to the infirmary trying to speed up the mass of people as she went.I wonder what on earth is going on. she thought to herself as she went.
    Last edited by Jujubird; 2009-02-12 at 07:03 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Kenny

Whilst caution is indeed the watchword these days, Kenny has a gut feeling this may just be an over-reaction, which can easily cause needless panic.
    Doing his best to keep himself an those around him calm, Kenny just continues on to the medical building, along with the rest of the group.
    "So as I was saying, he jumps off the mast, performs a double backflip and..."

30. - Top - End - #30

James

"All right Kev. Shout if you need back up or medical assistance. Do the secret knock; I'll ask Faith to pepper the door with buckshot."

Stephen knows the man... Probably just an arguement then. Everyone's so jumpy... A year ago we'd all laugh and call each other paranoid. Hmph... A year ago I was blasting Zombies in Left 4 Dead, and now...

James chases after Faith to explain the plan.