New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default New Feat for Fighter

Swordy Swordy Sword Swords.
    Prerequisites - Martial Weapon Proficiency, Int 8 or less, Weapon Focus(any sword)
    Benefit - You may apply the bonuses from any Weapon proficiency, Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Greater Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Specialization, improved critical feat that you have for a singel type of sword, to all swords. For example, Jim the fighter has weapon focus (longsword), and Improved Critical (rapier), and jim is using a greatsword, Jim gains the +1 to hit and the improved crit range even though neither feat applies to greatswords. This feat has no effect on nonSword Weapons
    Normal - Feats that Apply to a specific weapon only apply to that weapon
    My homebrew
    Official spokesman of the totemist class for gestalt (and proud supporter of parenthetical asides (especially nested ones)). Author of a gestalt handbook
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Did you just put a gear shift on a lightsaber?
    Redneck laser swords only work in manual.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: New Feat for Fighter

I am going to take a wild guess and hypothesize that this is an 8-Bit Theater reference?
    Certainly not something to be taken seriously in any case...
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes it is infact a lame eight bit theater reference. I put it out there trying to see if the first post was flame or getting the reference. 'Gratz DracoDei you just restored some of my faith in humanity.
    My homebrew
    Official spokesman of the totemist class for gestalt (and proud supporter of parenthetical asides (especially nested ones)). Author of a gestalt handbook

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Do sword-chucks count as one sword or two for the purposes of this feat?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Only if you wield a set of swordchucks in each hand (or more if you are in the multi weapon fighting crowd).
    My homebrew

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Stabber View Post
    Swordy Swordy Sword Swords.
    Prerequisites - Martial Weapon Proficiency, Int 8 or less, Weapon Focus(any sword)
    Benefit - You may apply the bonuses from any Weapon proficiency, Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Greater Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Specialization, improved critical feat that you have for a singel type of sword, to all swords. For example, Jim the fighter has weapon focus (longsword), and Improved Critical (rapier), and jim is using a greatsword, Jim gains the +1 to hit and the improved crit range even though neither feat applies to greatswords. This feat has no effect on nonSword Weapons
    Normal - Feats that Apply to a specific weapon only apply to that weapon
    Prerequisites - Martial Weapon Proficiency, Int 8 or less, Weapon Focus(any sword)...
    ... Int 8 or less...
    *Cracks up*

I don't know why I find that so funny, I just do. Maybe I should have went to the doctor today...?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Now we need stats for sword-chuks, then we can start working on making stuff for the other characters.
    Planetkiller avatar by The Randomizer

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Added note, Should you become victim to the dreaded Fox's Cunning or similar effect you lose the benefits of this feat

Swordchucks
    two longswords with a length of chain between.
    1d8/1d8 exotic Large double weapon, Crit 19-20 x2
    Notes:
    When ever you roll a 1 on an attack roll, Roll a reflex save dc 10+your highest BAB+Str mod-your int mod or the attack hits you and you take damage as normal. If your int mod is negative it increases the save dc. Rolling a 1 on a sword chucks attack ends your turn, whether you had actions left or not, because dang man that almost took your head off.

New Feat
    Spoiler
    Show

Sword Chuck Combat Style
    Prerequisites: weapon proficiency(sword chucks), Swordy Swordy Sword Swords, weapon focus(swordchucks).
    Special: You must, since your last lvl, have had atleast 4 swords on you @ all times.
    Benefit: You may use any of the following actions

Swordchucks-doken - You may throw your sword in a most impressive manner. All enemies in a 30ft line must make a reflex save DC 5 + 1/2 hitdice + str mod or take 2d8+2str damage

Spinney Twirly Death Thing - you make an attack as per the whirlwind attack feat but at -5 penalty to all attacks until the beginning of your next turn.

Grab the blade - You may voluntarily take 1d8 minus int mod damage(raises the damage if negative) to treat the swordchucks as a nondouble reach weapon until the beginning of your next turn

Special: If @ any time you do not have atleast 4 swords on your person you lose the benefits of this feat until 24 hours after you have 4 again
    My homebrew

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Awesome, I want to make Fighter now. xD

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Does a pair of sword-chucks count as 0, 1, or 2 swords for the 4 sword minimum for the new feat?
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

11. - Top - End - #11

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

OKay, if we are going this far, why not a feat for being able to weild four swords in each hand? (as observed in the marilith fight) or better yet, the ultimate of Fighter's "technique" repitore....

the dreaded.....

...chain-saw swords.

"Make your swords unto things like chain-saws."
    "This makes even LESS sense!"
    "I tried to show the Dragon my new trick, but it exploded..."
    Avatar painstakingly created by the greatest, Assassin 89

I Am A: Neutral Good Human Cleric (4th Level)
    Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-13
    Constitution-16
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-15

Completely random lol

"So you're suggesting that I put down my sword, you put down your rock, and we try and kill each other like civilized people?"
    "I could always kill you with the rock..."