New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Lost and Clueless (... and May the Gods themselves Weep at What we Have wrought)

Valter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You begin to feel sensation return to his legs. Almost instantaneously, they begin to work once again as though they had never been rendered immobile. Your own inept care of the wounds to your chest provide you with no relief, and succeed only in agitating the wounds. Fortunately, no serious damage is caused.
    Last edited by Highwarlord; 2009-03-25 at 11:29 PM.
    Just an affable fellow, really.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lost and Clueless (... and May the Gods themselves Weep at What we Have wrought)

Mordo sees Valter struggling to lick his wounds and, becoming a little frustrated, he snatches back the bandage and kit from him, saying quietly, mostly to himself, Just let me do it. Don't worry, you've done enough. He fixes Valter's chest wound after a quick inspection of the partially successfully made bandaging to his legs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Do I have to make another Heal roll, or can I use the one from before? Also, I'm assuming that with Valter's low roll it used up one of the Healer's Kit's uses, no?

As Sylvash mentions the memories, Mordo nods and says generally to the group, I doubt that would happen again, and even if it does, maybe another one of us could come with you?
    Also known as Eđræl

Spoiler
    Show

PM me for Uncrushed Banners

I'm taking a few avatar requests

Come one, show your appreciation with me for The_Chili_God

Sorry about the slow posting, peeps! Exams are starting to hit me...

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ethrael
    Spoiler
    Show
    Go ahead and use your last roll, but I'm honestly unsure what you guys are rolling heal checks for, aside from roleplay purposes.

4. - Top - End - #214

Mordo finishes patching up Valter's wound and stands a little back. There, all done. He smiles at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't we have to make rolls for bandaging wounds at all? It wouldn't be a natural thing to do so we'd have to make rolls, right?
    Also known as Eđræl

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kovl

Nodding as Teira confirms his supposition, Kovl says quietly. Perhaps, when we have a moment of respite, we could compare our respective spells and learn from each other.

He then turns to Sylvash. We still need some time to complete the water craft that will allow the rest of us to follow you and keep dry. Says Kovl with a small smile. In the meanwhile, if you could explore ahead of us it would be helpful. Who knows? If you find some dry land down there, and we may be better off spending the night inside the well than out here…
    Last edited by Lukmar; 2009-04-01 at 04:29 PM.
    When one has no form, one can be all forms.

Trinità Avatar by Mortugg

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Garret Leafgrower

Content with his own little craft, Garret helps the others work to craft the raft pieces that would be sent down the well and then lashed together. His blade shifting in his hand from task to task, sometimes reforming as many as four times before he finds a shape suitable to him he gets to work.

CraftBoats - (1d20+3)[18]
    If someone more qualified is directing it, I'll merely roll to Aid Another.
    Last edited by Seffbasilisk; 2009-04-01 at 12:50 AM.
    Life is a gamble, roll the dice. If your life is like cards, rig the deck.

"Boy, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don'tchya think?" -Jayne
    Greatest number of kills In Valhalla Round 1 with Hsams Goht

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kovl

Kovl joins the Halfling and lends his assistance in building additional craft.

Spoiler
    Show
    Craft check (boat building): (1d20+4)[22]

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

In fairly short order, the halfling and the gnome have succeeded in putting together rafts suitable for carrying the larger folk. Though their strength remains untested, they seem relatively secure for a short voyage, provided they are lowered into the well with care.
    Last edited by Highwarlord; 2009-04-01 at 05:29 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219

Mordo looks on in wonder as the others construct the rafts, shaking his head at his own uselessness in crafting objects. He focuses a little again, shapeshifting in his original form again. His grey skin is tinted with tiny beads of sweat on the fringes of his white hair. He large, round, black eyes stare blankly at the group. I'll probably swim. There's nothing really in my pack which will be destroyed if wet, but I'll try and waterproof it a little too...

He then takes out his cloak and silk rope, and proceeds to attempt to tie his cloak over the pack so that it covers most of, if not all, the surface of the pack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Rope - [roll0]
    Also known as Eđræl

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Garret Leafgrower

Shrinking his blade down, Garret looks to the others, and their new crafts proudly, asking "Are we ready? I'd like to find out more about my former life, and the waterway seems best..."

11. - Top - End - #221

DruidGuy

Sylvash

Yes lets go again shall we? I will lead the way I want to go upstream a ways before we head back that way again. Do any of you have a way to get light down there because it is pure darkness.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Halfling in the Playground

Teira

"I have an oil lantern that we could use, as long as it does not become wet. Do we plan to depart immediately, or take the evening to recover from the worst of our injuries and prepare?" she asked, noticing Valter's condition. To Kovl's offer, she added, "That could be useful."
    Last edited by Meltemi; 2009-04-06 at 06:03 AM.
    Ruya Perist, Flight from Ironheart
    Teira Feiwright, Lost and Clueless

I am me, you are you.
    We’re totally different, separate persons.
    But even so, what if we have just one thing in common?

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Valter stands up. "My leg is starting to feel better, and I'm not so wounded as all that. Let's go."
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kovl

I also have a lantern that we can use. As to the choice of going now or waiting... I would be inclined for us to make a move now. Kovl looks around the group to see what the general consensus is.

15. - Top - End - #225

I'm ready. Mordo announces, almost enjoying the sense of adventure. Shouldering his now-partly-waterproof pack, he motions a hand towards Sylvash, Would you care to lead the way? before concentrating and shapeshifting into a more aquatic creature. He decides to morph into an aquatic human, with webbed fingers and feet and getting ready to dive in.
    Also known as Eđræl

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226

DruidGuy

Sylvash

Yes, lets go.

With that Sylvash dives back into the cool waters of the well and wades easily while the others find their way down.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

The well appears as Sylvash remembered it - dim, and with a slow current. The tide of fish and small animal carcases ebbing along the base of the well has not faltered since he dove in earlier in the day. The ash seems more settled, however, and now drifts along in smaller chunks, though the swirling caused by the lizardman's motion breaks apart some of these pieces to color the water and make it less transparent once more.

18. - Top - End - #228

Mordo dives in after Sylvash, surfacing and trying to make out anything that he can see in the darkness. We should wait for the others before we head off upstream or downstream. He says, treading water easily.

Swim - (1d20+6)[19]
    Last edited by Ethrael; 2009-04-11 at 03:35 AM.
    Also known as Eđræl

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Halfling in the Playground

Teira

Teira, for her part, pulled her lantern out of her haversack and added a pint of oil to it, though she didn't light it yet. She then walked over to one of the finished rafts. "Could you aid me with lowering these into the well?" she asked of the others.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC:
    Not certain what to roll to get the craft down the well safely. If we need to tie them to a rope to lower them, can I take 10?
    Ruya Perist, Flight from Ironheart
    Teira Feiwright, Lost and Clueless

I am me, you are you.
    We’re totally different, separate persons.
    But even so, what if we have just one thing in common?

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It's a strength check; you can take 10 if you want, and can get others to help as well.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kovl

Kovl pulls out a lantern of his own from his backpack, and checks to make sure that it has enough oil. Satisfied, he moves towards Teira who is getting ready to lower them into the well.

Let me give you a hand with those. He says as he grabs hold of the raft Teira wants to move and prepares to help lift it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength check: (1d20-1)[9]
    Last edited by Lukmar; 2009-04-16 at 11:05 AM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

The craft are lowered into the well without issue, and the group quickly becomes ready to explore the current beneath the well. Using the leftover wood uninvolved in forging the craft as poles, they have some navigability within the confines of the chute in which you find yourselves. The lizardmen physically pulling along the craft could offer further aid in guiding it, should the occupants be unable to retain control. The current is fairly slow, so progress upstream is feasible, albeit significantly slower than the downstream method of transit. Though you know neither where the aerial reptiles you fought fled to or where, exactly, you are going it is surely a relief to you all finally be moving somewhere other than the immediate vicinity of the well in that desolate wasteland.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd like to know who is on which craft. Gorgondantess said to NPC his character for a while, and I am defaulting the same for Hex so I'll let the rest of you decide if you want them to pair up. The lizardmen and changeling are swimming alongside and Seff has his coracle, so I really only need to know if Teira and Kovl are sharing, or if they want to each partner with one of the temporarily NPCed chars. Ah yes, and are you all going with Sylvash as he scouts upriver or is he going ahead by himself again?

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

Taking position at the bow of the improvised craft he’s sharing with Valter, Kovl has a pole ready in case he needs to keep the raft away from walls of the chute. Meanwhile, he uses his lantern to scan the surroundings as they delve farther into underground tunnel and the light coming from the well fades.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot and listen checks as we go along. Spot: (1d20+4)[10]; Listen: (1d20+6)[8]

Though the confines of the dark passage way and the flow of dead insects would be taken as ominous signs and shunned by some, Kovl is actually glad to have left the open wastelands. The less exposed we are, the better. He thinks to himself.

After a while, he whispers to his companions aboard the various watercrafts. We must be watchful, lest we chance upon more of those flying creatures…

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Garret

Adepting manipulating his blade, Garret extends it into a long pole, and easily works his coricle along, balancing it easily, as he shoots along, trying to keep abreast of the lizardfolk.

Balance - (1d20+16)[29]

25. - Top - End - #235

Still treading water, Mordo nods at Kovl's suggestion and turns to Sylvash. So, guide, which way, up or down? He stays alert, looking around and trying to make out as much as possible in the dim light.

Spot - (1d20+4)[9]
    Listen - (1d20+6)[20]

Spoiler
    Show
    Just thought we should have it said IC, as we've only talked about OOC, so he wouldn't really have replied to it really...
    Also known as Eđræl

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kovl

As he helps Valter manouvre their improvised craft, Kovl replies to Mordo.

I would suggest exploring upstream, unless there are strong reasons not to.

27. - Top - End - #237

Sounds like a plan, Mordo grins and adds, let's move. I'm freezing. He turns to face upstream and swims, sometimes turning the raft to guide it if it turns a little in the wrong direction.
    Also known as Eđræl

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

As the group makes their way upriver, the channel narrows and shortens dramatically. Progress is quite slow for some time, and only slows further as you move up. The lanterns at the prow of your craft help out a great deal, for once you move away from the entryway at the well, there is no light to be found in the tunnel. The water glistens eerily in the dim glow that they provide, the occasional bit of bone or skull peeking up to the surface. Those swimming in the water are constantly prodded by the skeletons. As you move further and further upstream, the water becomes thicker with bones, and it seems as though the skeletons are becoming larger, even as the stream becomes more shallow and narrower. You are certain that you see the occasional mammalian bone amidst the slew of fish, and with increasing frequency. Eventually, the leading raft is struck slightly by something beneath it and becomes momentarily lodged before the current pushes it away. Gathnashk, swimming slightly behind, gets a good view of the object before it drifts away, and emerges from the water for a moment to say to the rest of the group in his dry voice, "A giant's ribcage."

With the enormity of the skeleton that even now is pushed away from your gathering, it may provide cause to rethink your route - do you push on or head back downstream?

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kovl

A giant??? Down here? Kovl, shakes his head, trying to resolve the puzzle.

How could the bones of such a large creature have ended up in this section of the underground stream? Kovl looks over the side of the raft to confirm that the water course is getting narrower and more shallow. He looks up ahead, using the lamp to try and shine some light on the puzzle.

If the stream is getting smaller, perhaps we are reaching its origin... and whatever mass-grave lies behind that. These bones must be coming from somewhere...or from something. I say we press on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check upstream, if there is anything that kind of stands out: (1d20+4)[19]
    Last edited by Lukmar; 2009-04-23 at 05:26 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240

What happened here? Mordo breaths, gawping at the enormous bones. He has stopped swimming by now, and stands up in the water. Can we continue? The mountain might grow as it goes on, but I can't see enough to tell...
    Last edited by Ethrael; 2009-04-25 at 02:27 PM.
    Also known as Eđræl

Spoiler
    Show