New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Lost and Clueless (We have Broken the Chains of Mere existance)

Spoiler
    Show
    Bah. Screwed up a bracket on the roll and it won't let me redo it.
    (1d8+4)[5]
    "It's not like chess, where choosing to play black or white dictates your entire strategy. Also, chess doesn't have steam cannons."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Warden's blade cuts into the tree, but aside from a slight gouge, there is little apparent difference.

The tiny fish corpse has little flesh to dissect, but that little which Onyx cuts off appears to grotesque. The term 'burnt' seems wrong, as the flesh does not seem to be scoured by any natural flame, but it is the closest idea that the warforged can find to describe it.
    Just an affable fellow, really.

3. - Top - End - #123

RedWizardGuy

Ungar looks at the tree and sighs with good humor. "There be an Orc here, with a bloody great big sword the size of a small human. Let him chop down the blasted tree."

Stepping forward, the Orc brings his sword behind him, ready to swing and giving his companions apt warning of what he is about to do, and takes a deep breath, letting it out as he arcs the sword towards the tree's trunk.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d12+7)[17]

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

The tree shudders under the force of the blow and a cloud of ash flies off. Splinters come flying back as a deep gouge is made into the tree.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you guys just want to finish hacking it up, I'm fine with that - you don't need to roll for damage every time.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Keir

Once the tree is successfully felled, she helps carry the wood back to the fire place. She places it near by the well, and asks, "Has there been any discoveries? All I found is that this world IS magic, from what I can tell, not just full of it."
    Show me how pretty the world is
    'Cause I envy the way that you move
    'Cause I want something a little bit louder
    'Cause you're brilliant when you try
    Show me how pretty the whole world is tonight
    -Matt Nathanson "Pretty the World"

Various Syka-Foxes done by the wonderful Ceika

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

As the others work on hauling wood, Adrian gives more focus to the two strangers corpses. He walks first towards the one with the javlen. He checks the body thouroughly for all signs of life. He works around the joints to check for rigor mortis, opens an eye to check for pupil dialation, he even goes so far as to slit open a vein and check for abnormalities in the blood. He then strips the body of all posessions, patting each object down for lumps or ridges. After thuroughly searching through the clothing, he performs a body cavity search. He takes his hammer and carefully breaks the jaw of the man, ripping open a gap to see to the inside of the mouth. Having finished searching the body, he takes the javlen and weighs it in his hand before tossing it at a clod of dirt. He moves on to the other corpse and performs the same search, this time focusing on the eyes to see if the goggles had any affect on them. He then puts on the goggles again, hoping to see the three orbs...

OOC

Take 20 on Heal checks to descern the time and cause of death for both corpses. Also take 20 on Search checks. Observes spear guys mouth and goggle guys eyes.
    I make avatars if you ask nicely.

7. - Top - End - #127

"Perhaps we should try to find a settlement. We could pick a direction and search for other people who might have more answers than us."
    "It's not like chess, where choosing to play black or white dictates your entire strategy. Also, chess doesn't have steam cannons."

8. - Top - End - #128

As he works, Adrian speaks:

"If we were able to heal my lion, I would be able to scout. Otherwise, I think that going very far will be suicide. We don't have enough water to go that far."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

Adrian
    Spoiler
    Show
    //Roll an attack roll to see if you can hit the ground.
    At first glance, the bodies appear to have been dead for a very long time. Upon further inspection, you discover that the flesh of the nearer corpse is entirely hairless and coated in some sort of preservative balm. You can determine little from the being's eyes. Cutting open the vein reveals that there has been no normal blood flow in this creature for a very long time.
    Once you remove the robe of the creature, you notice stitch marks running down his chest, some of which seem to have given way in the combat preceding his death. Through the open folds, the beings interior seems an odd white, but you can see little else without further dissection.
    Aside from the javelin, you uncover a small, sealed wooden box from the robes of the creature. Additionally, once his mouth is shattered you find a sealed wax cube inside the creature's mouth.

The second being is apparently quite similar to the first. However, the flesh around the eyes appears slightly reddened, as though from constant pressure. The stitches across this creature's chest have been torn open entirely as though mauled by a creature (indeed, you are almost certain they were caused by your lion) and within the chest cavity, you notice a disturbing lack of organs. This creature's chest instead seems to be filled with wax. His mouth, too, contains a sealed wax cube and his robes yield a similar small, sealed box. Additionally, you find two unimpressive looking throwing knives within the sleeves of this being's robe.

10. - Top - End - #130

(1d20+6)[21] Attack roll with Javlin
    (1d20+6)[12] Attack roll with a throwing knife

After finishing his initial search, Adrian lifts one of the throwing knives. He weights it in his hand and lets fly, aiming for roughly ten feet from the javlen. He then begins a more in depth dissection of one of the bodies. He lays the wax cubes and boxes aside and chooses the second being for the dissection. He takes one of his newly found throwing knives and prepares it for cutting some of the stitching that remains intact on the body. he reaches into the corpse and grabs the edges of the wax inside. Gradually, he lifts the wax object out of the torso. He then turns his attention back to the wax cubes. He takes one of them and slits it in half down the center. He opens it up with his fingers at the edges, trying to avoid spilling any fluid that might be inside on himself.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

The javelin and dagger both hit the ground solidly, embedding themselves in the lifeless dirt of the wasteland.

The wax seems to have been filler of some sort, as no discernable organs fill the creature's empty ribcage. The flesh slumps inwards in a disgusting fashion as the pseudo-organs are removed.
    The knife hits something hard halfway through the incision into the wax cube. Upon cutting away enough of the wax, you can see that the wax making up the cube was wrapped around a black opal.

12. - Top - End - #132

"Interesting. Is that normal for such creatures?"

13. - Top - End - #133

"No humanoid I know of has wax organs, yet they also seem to bleed. I wonder if the wax is some component in making them into a golem."

14. - Top - End - #134

"Hmm.. then someone might have been trying to make creatures like us..."

15. - Top - End - #135

"But maybe it was some sort of spell, as these wax objects look similar to organs"

16. - Top - End - #136

"Then it's hard to tell what these things are. They don't seem to have any answers as to how we got here, though. Do you have any ideas as to what we should do?"