New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Total War II OOC

Re Portula: Hey, luck of the draw on the capture. Maybe he had to zip back to pick something up?

Re fuel/Madia: Captured and occupied by SAGA.

Re Grey: Right... and the plaugue/zombies that absolutly wreck the rest of the world was... what? Not publiclly known and therefore kosher? Jebus, I still think that, despite starting out as the evil imperialists, I came out on the moral high ground there, just below Moral. And even then, only because I advocated Astroid death for Han. And lets not get started on the mind control evac in the postwar thing. I totally blockaded the place.

Also, 'minimal civilian casualties' make me laugh.

"We used our weapons in such a way that caused minimal civilain casualties"*

*We used nukes, but we only leveled half the city.**

**Because we missed...

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Fun fact JJ, typing a post in another medium before putting it here will save you the problem of eaten posts/server going down
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Well JJ, Shona really made a big mistake when she made the horsemen. They did their job, but she gave them far too much freedom and vague orders, so while they were loyal they also didn't have to follow doctrine. Shona disliked plague almost as much as you, and she absolutely detested famine. War and death she could stomach.

They were not mind controlled... to an extent. I did not use mind control, but Shona had her mysterious uber charisma, psychically connecting her with them.

You can't stop people who are willing to leave.

And I really didn't aim at civilians!
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

"... to an extent"

Yeah, uhuh. That little dotdotdot... it's very important.

"You can't stop people who are willing to leave!"

Eff that. Shona's proven her self a crappy ruler. Council don't care for people's will. Then we'da been a democracy. Council cares about people's intrests.

@ Innis
    I copy and paste into a word doc just before I post.
    Last edited by The_JJ; 2009-02-19 at 09:17 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

We didn't aim at civilians, they got in the way while we bombed their homes.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I said "..." because Shona technically has the power to influence people. She really didn't know her powers till mid-game, and never found out that she mind controlled people.

And Shona was a brillient leader. All citizens had practically all the freedoms of the old US. They were happy and prosperous. She eliminated oil use entirely and kept them safe till the end.

Remember that in the original Total War game, Shona was a bit deranged. She was US's "End justify's the means" to the max. She did what sh did because she cared.

Shona cared about everyone, and she just went about the wrong (very, very wrong) way of doing it.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

7. - Top - End - #37

Whereas Will Rowe despised most of humanity, but knew that if he wanted remove the despised ones, he would need to also remove the few people he cared about.

Thus, he wanted to improve humanity, to an extent that he would actually care about them.

In fact, in the original Total War, Rowe cared about humans about as much as Shona, I'd say. He tried to use the best methods, but his inquisitive and powerful mind arrived at the most destructive ends. Furthermore, his experiences embittered him, and in Total War 2250, Rowe was perfectly fine with causing widespread destruction, chaos, murder, and death, in order to try and improve humanity.

Of course, by that time, Rowe was self-hating, so...

Anyway, of the original players, I have a question. Would you say Rowe was brilliant, or at least a good leader?
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

So... what happened at the conference?

Mozilla Firefox is great for anti-post-swallowing. It remembers what you typed, and if you refresh the page, it asks if you want to resend it.[/advert]
    Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    I wonder if, when the comic eventually ends, people on the boards will continue for several years to say that it's not actually over yet...

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RationalGoblin View Post
    Whereas Will Rowe despised most of humanity, but knew that if he wanted remove the despised ones, he would need to also remove the few people he cared about.

Thus, he wanted to improve humanity, to an extent that he would actually care about them.

In fact, in the original Total War, Rowe cared about humans about as much as Shona, I'd say. He tried to use the best methods, but his inquisitive and powerful mind arrived at the most destructive ends. Furthermore, his experiences embittered him, and in Total War 2250, Rowe was perfectly fine with causing widespread destruction, chaos, murder, and death, in order to try and improve humanity.

Of course, by that time, Rowe was self-hating, so...

Anyway, of the original players, I have a question. Would you say Rowe was brilliant, or at least a good leader?
    well, defiantly the sanest head of state that we saw often.

leaders, better then Han, Tsary, Umberto, probably in the second tier of well-intentioned extremists who were too extreme to be well intentioned anymore.

so with Williams and the Commy guy.

Also, JJ, I notice your history does not include the long painful and televised death of one Tsar Kurd.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

My favorite thing that Han did was being a espionage 3 or 4 and staying completly un-spied apon due to her amazing anti-espionage tactics.

Ah, sheer brillience.

- SurlySeraph

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
    My favorite thing that Han did was being a espionage 3 or 4 and staying completly un-spied apon due to her amazing anti-espionage tactics.

Ah, sheer brillience.
    what, being un-mind control able.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

No, basically what I did was design a ridiculously intricate system of secrets, code's, and deception that no one could find out what I was doing until they happened. Nobody suspected I was going to drop the bomb to kill the clones and when I did nobody could prove it.

Fort Legion and Judas Base went unnoticed practically the entire game, and when you did you didn't figure out what they did.

Unfortunately the code system was too complex and a miscommunication caused WW3.

- SurlySeraph

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Kiren: Do you still have Craig captured?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    I wonder if, when the comic eventually ends, people on the boards will continue for several years to say that it's not actually over yet...

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

so did that whole conference thing just die off?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

15. - Top - End - #45

Hey, I have to think up a good excuse to increase Helvetica's power, right? So I claim control of all the Alps.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, I have to think up a good excuse to increase Helvetica's power, right? So I claim control of all the Alps.
    that's the most nonsensical justification for war I've ever heard.

and where'd you get robots?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

17. - Top - End - #47

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    that's the most nonsensical justification for war I've ever heard.

and where'd you get robots?
    Built them in the first turn. Had them protect Helvetica in case someone like SAGA or the NRE attacked me.

Decided that the NRE needed to be taken down a further peg, and thus, invasion.

EDIT: As for the justification, eh, Hans is just running with it, and seeing what happens.
    Last edited by RationalGoblin; 2009-02-21 at 04:36 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Built them in the first turn. Had them protect Helvetica in case someone like SAGA or the NRE attacked me.

Decided that the NRE needed to be taken down a further peg, and thus, invasion.

EDIT: As for the justification, eh, Hans is just running with it, and seeing what happens.
    we start out with robot tech?

this makes things so much easier/.

and isn't SAGA a bit more powerful then the NRE?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Yeah, that'll fly with the international community.

You do realize that you just ruined your unique power? And you're leaving your little mountain fortresses? And you've ticked off a good portion of your population that really hates SAGA. Meh. I'll roll wit' it.

Probably just as well. Umberto's not the kind of guy to stop at just one conquered PC.

And those robots have yet to be tested and have yet to make an impact on his overall military strength.

And as for SAGA being stronger: They were, before the espionage ganking given to them by many unamed parties. Then they blew through the 3 military GEC defenses. Suprise attack, so they didn't lose too much, but they've still got a whole bit of their forces tied up in the Atlantic. Really, were it not for arms dealing and WMD's they'd be nearly gone, and Umberto's catching up in that regard.

Oh, and the peace confrence is on, but so is the war so...
    Last edited by The_JJ; 2009-02-21 at 05:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_JJ View Post

You do realize that you just ruined your unique power? And you're leaving your little mountain fortresses? And you've ticked off a good portion of your population that really hates SAGA. Meh. I'll roll wit' it.

Probably just as well. Umberto's not the kind of guy to stop at just one conquered PC.

And those robots have yet to be tested and have yet to make an impact on his overall military strength.

And as for SAGA being stronger: They were, before the espionage ganking given to them by many unamed parties. Then they blew through the 3 military GEC defenses suprise attack, so they didn't lose too much, but they've still got a whole bit of their forces tied up in the Atlantic. Really, were it not for arms dealing and WMD's they'd be nearly gone, and Umberto's catching up in that regard.
    sending you a PM of soe plans of mine. also SE Asian tactics.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

21. - Top - End - #51

Quote Originally Posted by The_JJ View Post

And as for SAGA being stronger: They were, before the espionage ganking given to them by many unamed parties. Then they blew through the 3 military GEC defenses. Suprise attack, so they didn't lose too much, but they've still got a whole bit of their forces tied up in the Atlantic. Really, were it not for arms dealing and WMD's they'd be nearly gone, and Umberto's catching up in that regard.

Oh, and the peace confrence is on, but so is the war so...

Hrm. PMing you a secret message to Umberto, along with a televised speech in my post.
    Last edited by RationalGoblin; 2009-02-21 at 06:51 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin, you get my PM?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Not meant to offend Goblin, but that was Kara's reaction...

Feel free to hate her.

- SurlySeraph

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Feel free to hate her.
    she's laughing at the idea of someone being tortured and killed. of course were going to hate her. especially if she messes up America nay more.

still confused why you don't want anyone to frame the U.S. government for anything.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

she's laughing at the idea of someone being tortured and killed. of course were going to hate her. especially if she messes up America nay more.

still confused why you don't want anyone to frame the U.S. government for anything.
    I don't understand the last part... when did I say that?

- SurlySeraph

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't understand the last part... when did I say that?
    before the start of the game, when I was trying ot hire you t do osme sabatoge missions?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

before the start of the game, when I was trying ot hire you t do osme sabatoge missions?
    Which ones... didn't I do them? If not, re-send me the pm.

- SurlySeraph

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Which ones... didn't I do them? If not, re-send me the pm.
    deleted the PM a while back, no need for it now, already at war with the subject of the contract, did the sabatoge myself (forgot Russia V2 had 4 spy!)
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

29. - Top - End - #59

Feel free to hate her.
    No hard feelings.... HehehehhehehahahahahHAHHAHAHAHAHA!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

No hard feelings.... HehehehhehehahahahahHAHHAHAHAHAHA!
    Was that a manical laugh, or a sarcastic laugh?

deleted the PM a while back, no need for it now, already at war with the subject of the contract, did the sabatoge myself (forgot Russia V2 had 4 spy!)
    Well the only reason that comes to mind for not wanting US framed, is because I have a high priority base there and don't want to bring attention to myself.

- SurlySeraph