New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Against Methodia (an oots-like comic)

Against Methodia

Welcome to Against Methodia, my attempt at a webcomic. Some of you may notice a similarity to the campaign that I was running a short while ago that didn't get off to a great start and died, hopefully that will not happen with this comic. That similarity is intentional; Membrum is the world I've been working on and in for years on an off, and the campaign and this comic, as well as a few other things I've done are based in it. I'm going to try to update this comic twice a week, though no set day of the week am I going to promise updates on.

This is going to be a more serious than funny story, though I will try to add a few laughs as they seem appropriate. Please give me any feedback you feel would make this comic better. Thanks for reading and with the intro thus done, read on!

Comic

Cast
    Spoiler
    Show

Rerum

The leader of the group, currently in a relationship with Venustus who he is totally loyal too. He is an aasimar cleric, following somewhat in his father's footsteps, though contrasting to his father's studious habits, he finds most of his abilities and talents spontanious. While sometimes a bit too headstrong, he can usually get himself, and any others he managed to pull in with him, out of any trouble he gets himself in. Rerum is oddly inattentive at times, and can sometimes miss fairly obvious things around him, particularly things aimed at him.

Sodalis

A half-orc tank. He is Rerums oldest friend, having grown up with each other and frequently working together. Sodalis knocks sense in his friend when needed, though wisely keeps his distance when Rerum falls into one of his rare rages. He himself is a cultured barbarian and can be terribly strong when focused, though he balances this with a cheerful demeanor during his more lucid moments.

Venustus

Rerum's significant other, and fellow aasimar cleric. She follows the more conventional path of clerics, and is quite studious, to the simultaneous joy and annoyance of Rerum. Sodalis and Venustus are both old friends, and have known each other for years. Quite a beauty, Rerum sometimes takes it upon himself to "discourage" would be suitors, much to her amusement.

Vates

A gnomish bard, and good friend of Rerum. They served together in TOGOS; the Tactical Oratory Group Offensive Squad, where they met and rose to the top of their respective fields. While his main instrument of choice is a guitar, designed and made especially for him, he is fond of a small ocarina, and is highly proficient with both. Rerum is the only person in the group that has any past experience or history with Vates, but they have all heard about each other to varying degrees. Vates puts up with being the smallest member of the group with a god humor, and sometimes manages to put it to profit for a joke.

The World
    Spoiler
    Show

Membrum

Membrum, the middle world, between heaven and hell. A single continent with a few outlying islands. Three countries make up the bulk of this world separated largely by a huge mountain range; Methodia, a largely evil and tyrannical monarchy to the east, Apsuchos Maraino, a republic in the south of neutral morality, and Basileia Agathos, the kingdom of light to the west. The only real way of transport between the east and west is at the Gate, and is watched over on the western side by the simply named Gatewatch, where the adventure begins. Two powers are at work here, Good and Evil, and are each represented by a singular entity, though neither directly influence events, leaving that up to their servants.

The world mechanics are DnD 3.5 with a few changes tossed in as I've felt the need/want
    Last edited by phoerix; 2009-02-14 at 08:25 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    Though necromancy would solve the second problem and render the third irrelevant...
    But then you'd be dealing with explosive zombie fish, which is... pretty damn awesome, actually.
    As they pounded in the stake
    I thought I heard them say
    “Become like us or you will be slain”

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Against Methodia (an oots-like comic)

The hell?

Made 2 days ago but only 1 view? Must've been buried on page 2 or something. Curse you Fan comic sub forum! Curse you! Or did this just get mod approved? Either way, the curse still stands.

The link to your first comic is kaput btw.
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2009-02-14 at 06:46 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

I like the characters, but the bodies are wierdish. Like their hair.
    ____

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, I think it was in mod limbo for a little while. I got a second strip done in some free time while I had some free time. Hope you enjoy this, and how are the bodies weird? I know somethings not right and I'm still tweaking it a bit. I do know that I try to put too much detail into things, so that might be a problem...
    Spoiler
    Show

Though necromancy would solve the second problem and render the third irrelevant...
    But then you'd be dealing with explosive zombie fish, which is... pretty damn awesome, actually.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Either the bodies are too long, the legs are too short, or a combonation of both.

Also, your link to the picture of Membrum isn't wroking.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fixed the link, those broken links occurred when I was organizing some files :p And that might be it for the weirdness on the bodies, thanks.
    Spoiler
    Show