New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Shards in the Mist

@pordemma
    Spoiler
    Show
    The trade mission quickly uncovers that there is much resentment against the Lustrian government for the stringent security measures. Merchants are restricted to mercantile districts and all trade is monitored by government agents.

(or did you wish to help the lustrians in their investigation?)

Istri War

Despite the Traan nails being very effective in killing the Istri, which literally did not know what hit them at first it does little against their overall armies due to the shear numbers involved. Formations seem unheard of by the Istri, who rely on their raw strength, far greater then normal humanoids. Still the stalemate is slowly being broken as the Istri are pushed into the forests, caverns and ruined cities of the Shard.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bellore

@GM
    Spoiler
    Show

Bellore continues its search for missing shards sending its ships out exploring yet again.

Bellore researchers start to steal Zigar's Shard Geometry.

Bellore agents on Lustria start trying to encourage rioting and open revolt, in addition on a well funded mission (using a large amount of Bellores wealth) a group of Bellore agents pretending to be Lustria police officers (or actual officers under Bellore's influence) attack a church during the night, killing all the priests and worshipers, minus a few witness who are allowed to live to see that it was Lustria's police officers and leaving hate messages scrolled on the walls in blood.)

OOC:
    How did Bellore's exploration go during the previous round?
    Last edited by WrathOfLife; 2009-02-27 at 09:34 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pordemma

"My Blessed Lord," the High Cardinal started. King Unus raised his head from a handful of papers and waved off an advisor. "Yes, your Holiness?"
    "Lord, the cathedral is nearing the end of it's construction. Juliania will be most pleased," the High Cardinal said quickly.
    "Oh, good. I expect that the Amun'Arat have been paid? Good." He asked and answered. "Your Holiness, I have a matter that I expect will be of your interest. Meet me for dinner, please."
    It wasn't a question.

The Royal Dining Hall
    King Unus wiped his lips slowly and gently and promptly discarded the piece of cloth in a small metal bowl by his plate.
    "Your Holiness, High Cardinal. With the construction of the new cathedral, I have gotten some requests from certain... characters in the nobility."
    The High Cardinal wiped his mouth in a failed mimic of utter inelegance of the King. "Continue, Blessed Lord." The King smiled in anticipation.
    "Certain people believe that since the Disciples of Juliania are getting such economical support from the Throne, some... cults should be given similar support for their places of worship."
    The High Cardinal looked at the King with panic in his eyes. His face shapechanged into a mild grin and he gave a half-hearted laughter. "That is an absurd thought."
    "Oh, but, Your Holiness, I whole-heartedly agree with these people." The High Cardinal slammed his fist in the table, which turned over his bowl - with the last remnants of a delicious soup - in a remarkable show of elderly strength. "What! You cannot do that!"
    The King smiled deviously and slowly rised. "Need I remind you who of us was chosen by Juliania to lead - at least according to your own words, Ilan." The King turned around slowly and stared intently at the chimney. "But I am afraid that I will need your approval, regardless."
    "I would never approve the passing of such a senseless notion, no!"
    The King turned around again and smiled deviously at the High Cardinal. "Oh," he said, "you do not have a choice, dear Ilan."

Slowly, armed figures became visible in the dim light of the candles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Laws are being made to allow smaller religions inside Pordemma to create churches and the like with economical support from the government.

The more conservative (that is, almost all of the) Disciples of Juliania publically disapprove of the very idea.
    Last edited by ufo; 2009-03-07 at 11:11 AM.