New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Final Fantasy rpg system (pdf)

Hey folks, long time lurker, first time poster, you know how it goes.

One of my livejournal communities had someone post up a Final Fantasy homebrew setting, based off of the Returners and the ZODIAC systems available for free online. I read it thoroughly - which was tough due to the lack of paragraph indents and single column - and I think it's absolutely brilliant. Although not ad20 system, I wanted to share it with everyone here.

It's available for download here
    It is a virus-free 6.32 MB .pdf document that shouldn't take longer than a minute to download.

I emailed the creator with some basic thoughts, and he got back to me relatively quickly. Seems like a good guy.

Now, to try and pitch this system to my friends....
    Last edited by Dust; 2009-02-05 at 06:48 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Final Fantasy rpg system (pdf)

Thanks for posting the link. Although I've been on a d20 kick for the past year or so, it is refreshing to see new games being presented.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

I just browsed the entire thing, & I have to say, it is quite impressive. It is comprehensive, well-formatted, & nicely written. The author has done an incredible job of making a pastiche of all the Final Fantasy games into one combined campaign setting. The mechanics are not exactly d20, but they are rather close, so it won't be hard for players to make the mental conversion. Some things I don't agree with, & others may not work as well as they are intended to, but overall, this is excellent.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

O wow. I played reureners once but, I disliked it because the lack of cahracter choices. This is blowing my mind away. I am only on starting reading chapter three and I love it.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

I started playing this with my local group last night. The system didn't disappoint, making for fast, streamlined combats and some amazingly cinematic skill-usage moments. Quasi-bump, but mostly just to say that this is worth a second look. Wow.