Re-rolling my ten.
    (1d10)[4](4)

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Road Trip! (nWoD)

Nathan, Aaron, and Sam
    Spoiler
    Show

For whatever reason, instead of focusing entirely on the police car you happen to take a look around (looking for a way out of this, probably). Looking back down the road, you notice a sports car and a pick-up truck speeding down the road next to each other. Your gaze probably would have slid right over them, except that right after passing you something happens.

It almost seems like the sports car tries to get in a wreck. Shortly after passing the minibus, it suddenly swerves right for no apparent reason. The driver of the truck, caught off guard, has no way to escape...

Suddenly, the sound of shattering glass and breaking metal fills the air. Looking ahead, you spot a sports car and pick-up truck smashed into each other a short distance from the road. It looks like they just got in a pretty bad wreck, one car having flipped. The police car immediately changes directions and starts heading for the accident.

Now would probably be a good time to get out of here, unless you wanted to try and help out...on the other hand, there's not much any of you can do and that means being around for the emergency response.
    Witch Hunter Avatar by Dr. Bath
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Misty

Noticing the K-9 car, Misty almost starts panicking.

Aw crap, aw crap, aw crap... this is definitely not a good sign. What do we do now?"

But before she can speak the question out loud... something happens. It would appear some higher force watches over them, as the accident couldn't happen at the better time to divert attention away from them. But this poses all new sort of dilema.

"Should... should we help them?"
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nathan Summers

"No way, let's get the **** out of here."
    Nathan says, still shaken by watching the car kill itself. If he had gotten a look at the driver...

"Besides, I don't want to get anywhere near that car." He mumbles as an after thought, and starts to pull back into the road to drive around the accident.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

Did that car just intentionally crash into that truck or am I just way more stoned than I thought I was?
    Sam asks as they pull out onto the road.

8. - Top - End - #98

Jeremy

"Think of it like this: we can't do much anyway. In fact the police would probably tell us to get back and stay away. We don't need to call 911 since the authorities are already here, and even though it might be technically illegal for us to drive away from this, the punishment even if they somehow get us for it is nothing compared to the punishment we would get for the drugs. In other words: step on it!"

And with that Jeremy lights a (tobacco) cigarette to calm his nerves, as his hands are now visibly shaking.

"And what do you mean the car hit the truck on purpose? Who the **** would do that?"
    Planetkiller avatar by The Randomizer

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

Oh, I fully endorse driving the hell away, but I could swear that the car swerved into the truck on purpose. There wasn't anything special in that pot was there?

10. - Top - End - #100

Jeremy

"Laced pot is an urban myth. You should know that. Anyway, why are we arguing about the crash when we should be arguing about what to do next?"
    Jeremy takes another drag on his cigarette, and blows the smoke out of his nose.
    "We should get away and then find some place to stop and gather our thoughts before going on. Preferably some place with something to eat. I've had the munchies real bad since this morning."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

Laced pot is not an urban myth, but I agree that finding somewhere to get our heads together would be a good way to go.

12. - Top - End - #102

Jeremy

"No, of course there is laced pot, but no one would ever be sold laced pot and told it's just weed. If nothing else the dealers would lose a lot of money by doing that."

13. - Top - End - #103

Nathan Summers

"Man, all this talk is making me want some pot with hashish spread over it." Nathan said while lighting up a cigarette of his own and taking a few puffs. "No fighting, guys, we're just a little tense. Oh man, how about a Krystal?" He asked, spotting a sign and starting to pull off the exit. They had barely left and already they were taking a break.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

Which is why I was asking the buyer of said pot if it was laced.

and why not just smoke some hash? spreading it over pot will just water it down.

Sam is obviously still a little freaked from what she thinks she saw with the wreck and looking to pick a fight to let off some steam.

15. - Top - End - #105

Jeremy

Jeremy decided to bite, if nothing else because it could be pretty interesting. Temporarily forgetting the car crash, he says: "Well, it would probably be easier to lace haschish yes. I think they sometimes do that in Europe, with opium, though it's of course sold as laced and not as hash.

As for weed, well... it's more readily available, and you might not want to ruin your hash, since it's pretty rare in the states. At least they don't sprinkle their weed with sugar or crushed glass, as they sometimes do in Europe. It looks like crystal on the weed, but it's just there to add weight."
    Last edited by charl; 2009-03-04 at 11:12 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aaron

Aaron grins at his fellow occupants of the bus.

"I can assure you it's just pot. It's good stuff, but there's nothing else in it."

Aaron looks thoughtful.

"I swear, this is turning into an interesting trip already. We're hearing things, and that inexplicable accident...Whatever is going on here, it seems like Karma's on our side..."

Aaron Pulls out a cigarette, puts it in his mouth and fumbles with his Zippo. His hands still visibly shaking. After a few tries, Aaron finally manages to get the cigarette lit, and settles back into his seat.

"I'll pass on the Hashish, but if you guys want to partake I will drive. Although it seems Karma is on our side, you never know when that can change.... Best not push our luck any further than we have to....."

17. - Top - End - #107

Nathan Summers

"Man, what fun is that? I'm pushing luck to the limit. It's my philosophy of life, brother." Nathan laughs loudly, smacking his hand on the steering wheel. "So, Krystal Burger? Any complaints?"

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Misty

"No complaints here. Pull it over, I feel like I could eat something. All the stress isn't doing my stomach any good, but I think I can handle it."

Still a little shook up from the accident and near encounter with the police, Misty quickly composes herself and waits for Nathan to pull them off at Krystal.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aaron

"Go for it, man. I could use something to eat. I'm so hungry I could eat a horse."

At this remark, Aaron's stomach rumbles loudly enough to be heard over the rattling of the bus. Aaron chuckles, patting his stomach ruefully.

"See? I'm wasting away to nothing here!"

20. - Top - End - #110

Jeremy

"Oh yeah, food. Absolutely. I'm starved."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

Food sounds good, I gotta take a whiz too.
    Sam says, kind of off in her own world.

22. - Top - End - #112

Nathan Summers

"Alright then..." He says, pulling up into a spot. Before jumping out, he looks over at Sam and uncharacteristically looks concerned. "Hey, Sam, you okay?"

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

Sam looks up when Nathan talks to her.
    What? Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little shaken up I guess.
    She answers, giving a small smile.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

You drive off, leaving the mangled wreckage of cars and the strange happenings behind you. The distant wailing of sirens helps to assuage any remaining guilt.

Exiting to a nearby Krystal, you pull into the parking lot and find a spot. Not an easy task, with drive through line stretching back through the lot and a shortage of available spots. Still, Nathan manages to find a place to park the minibus, though it's a little more of a walk to the door.

Cars continue to pull into the lot. Apparently the lunch rush is still going strong.
    Witch Hunter Avatar by Dr. Bath
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

25. - Top - End - #115
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aaron

No sooner has the bus stopped than Aaron is out of the back seat and on the pavement.

In spite of his obvious rush to get in and start eating, he still remembers his manners, turning and holding the door, offering a hand to each of his female seatmates in turn to assist them in clambering out of the bus.

"Christ, it's mobbed. I hope the wait for a table isn't too long."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

Misty

Accepting Aaron's help with a mix of amusement and exasperation, Misty steps out of the minibus, hoping they would be able to find a seating place for themselves soon. No such luck, it would appear. It's almost like burgers were going at half a price.

"Maybe you could... persuade a waitress to find us a table? Come on Aaron, let us see that charm you're known for."

Smiling at him, it is obvious she is feeling a little mischievous at the moment. Waiting for Aaron's reply, she looks around, hoping to spot a free table, just in case somebody is leaving at the moment. Turning back to Aaron, sme smiles again.

"Or do I need to turn my charms on?"

Whether Aaron will be up for this little game is anybodies guess.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

Sam ignores Aaron's outstretched hand, hopping down from the bus under her own power.
    Jesus, well we have just the best timing ever huh?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aaron

Aaron chuckles heartily at Misty's comment as he closes the back door to the bus. He then turns to the group, and turns the charm up to max. Grinning widely, he responds.

"And which charms would those be, hmmm?" A mischievous twinkle dances in his eye as he says this.

Spoiler
    Show
    Seduction attempt on Misty!! =D Presence + Persuasion + specialty + Striking looks (8d10)[10][1][8][7][1][7][1][2](37)

29. - Top - End - #119
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    rerolling the 10 (1d10)[8](8)

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Misty

It's obvious this wasn't quite what Misty was expecting. Aaron reaction to her teasing is perplexing and unexpected, to say in the least. Her lower jaw drops a little, in almost comedy fashion, as she looks at Aaron.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wits + Composure: (5d10)[2][4][1][7][6](20)