New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Road Trip! (nWoD)

Aaron

Aaron Chuckles, seeing Misty's reaction to his charms. I wasn't expecting quite that reaction.....

Aaron decides to press his advantage, just to see how things pan out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Presence + Persuasion + Specialty + Striking looks + bonus from initial roll (11d10)[1][10][10][6][8][8][3][1][1][1][3](52)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Rerolling 10's (2d10)[2][4](6)

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

Misty finds herself falling for Aaron's charming smile and twinkling eyes. If she plans on resisting it will be no easy feat.

As the five of you jump out of the car and head into the restaurant, you find that it seems to be running on a 'seat yourself' arrangement at the moment. Given the long line and very few empty tables, it would probably be a good idea to send someone to go claim one now.

Jeremy
    Spoiler
    Show

You look around the diner, when your eyes are drawn as if by magic to one table. At it sits a dark-haired girl that looks to be about your age. Even from this far away, you can tell she's extremely hot. And there's an empty table next to her...
    Witch Hunter Avatar by Dr. Bath
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Misty

"I... well..."

Damn it, what was it? She could't afford to loose her head like this... not so soon... not in front of everybody else. But that smile...

Spoiler
    Show
    Wits + Composure again
    (5d10)[6][5][9][2][10](32)
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    10-again
    (1d10)[2]
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    and again.... (8d10)[5][4][1][2][9][5][9][5](40)

7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jeremy

"Get a coke for me, I'll get us a table." Jeremy goes to the back and takes a seat at an empty table, positioning himself next to a pretty girl.
    Planetkiller avatar by The Randomizer

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Wits + Composure:

(5d10)[4][10][6][8][10](38)

Sorry for tardiness I just... forgot on this.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    10-again
    (2d10)[4][4](8)

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aaron

Spoiler
    Show
    (8d10)[10][1][7][2][7][4][6][4](41)

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    10 again (1d10)[9](9)

12. - Top - End - #132
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aaron

Aaron walks over and puts an arm around Misty. Based on the way she just sort of stared off into space with her bottom jaw hanging slack and her tongue very obviously tied, his charms had their intended effect on her.

He mutters in her ear so that only she can hear him. "Would you care to join me someplace a little more private while we wait for our food to be ready?"

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Misty

Slowly, it starts to dawn on her. But before she can react appropriately, Aaron's hand is already around her shoulders. Hearing his proposition, she once again blushes and looks for the others. Assuming they are far enough away so they can't hear them, she will reply to Aaron.

"Aaron... private... yes, yes we can. But for talking only. You want anything more than that... well, lets just say right now, I'm still not feeling comfortable enough around you for that."

She doesn't make any move to remove his arm, but doesn't do anything to encourage him. Though from her demeanor it's obvious she's not feeling uncomfortable or threatened by him.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aaron

Aaron chuckles.

"Sounds good to me, it'll be nice to be able to talk without Nathan glowering at me. I swear, if looks could kill, I'd be dead by now. care to join me on a walk around the parking lot?"

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Misty

She nods.

"Lead the way. And don't worry about Nathan. He's like a big kitty... he just wants to be petted."

She smiles at her own joke.

"Ok, I really need to learn few good jokes."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Post Re: Road Trip! (nWoD)

Aaron

"Nathan's a pretty good bloke, he just overdoes it sometimes." Aaron rummages in his pocket with his free hand and extracts a pack of gum. He offers a piece to Misty, before taking one himself and starts to chew it.

Aaron leads the way out into the parking lot

"So why'd you come on this trip? You don't really seem the type to come on a trip across the country for little reason."
    Last edited by Alalme; 2009-03-08 at 03:32 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Misty

Rejectins Aaron's offer of gum, Misty takes a little time to ponder on his question.

"Can't really say. I guess I wanted to experience something else than just school. Spend some time away from books and among people. Get to see the world, so to speak. It was, quite literally, last minute decision. I imagine that is hard to understand for you, seeing you were always the popular one. But one gets bored of always being home. Something like that happened to me too. And road trip seemed like a good choice, if perhaps a little... radical."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aaron

Aaron looks thoughtful.

"I guess that makes sense. Like you said.... it is a touch on the radical side. I completely understand the need for a change, that's probably the main reason that I am here. I've got the opposite problem. Getting tired of the party scene...."

Aaron trails off....After a moment he continues.

"I guess I'm looking for something different to do is the best way to put it."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Misty

This was something new to heard. Interesting too. Aaron, the party animal, trying to calm down? Misty would be lying if she would say this wasn't a pleasant surprise, but why this sudden change?

"I can understand that. But when you say you're looking for something different... what excatly do you mean by that?"

20. - Top - End - #140

Nathan

Nathan looks after Misty and Aaron and says, "You okay Mi..." But it dies in his throat and is mostly directed at their retreating form. He watches for a few minutes, jingling the keys at his side.

Christ, Aaron was basically one of his best friend and he knew this is what he does- drawing chicks in with his charm. And why was he getting hot under the collar about it? His own intentions weren't exactly noble either. He just hated to see a girl like that get hurt.

Well... this early in the trip anyway. They were going to be in a cramped mini-buss for who knows how long, and so what if Aaron wanted to tie himself down and not be able to flirt with every random chick they came across? Or, worst case scenario, bang her right now and give her his usual.

He took a step toward the counter, then looked back.

Nope... they weren't heading back to the van. Looked like they were just talking. Looked like maybe Aaron had only won a battle, not the war.

"Jeeesus Christ." He said to himself, coughing hard. He looked around for the rest of his crew and saw Jeremy apparently already trying to start the party. He rubbed his eyes hard, he was still pretty buzzed. But he was proud of Jeremy, years ago you'd probably never see him doing that.

"Hey, squirt." Nathan said, walking up behind Sam and lightly hitting her back. "Watch this." He smirked, looking at the line, took a couple of steps forward then mussed up his hair a little and put on a faux British accent.

"Come on, I can't deal with this line! Do you not know who I am? I'm Jimmy Sparks, lead singer of the Bleeding Vultures, and I have a gig in less then fifteen minutes but I'm bleeding starving! Do you know how many fans are waiting right now to hear me play? I need to order now! And make it snappy!" He made sure to wink at any pretty girls as well, making sure they got the full effect of the lie. "You would probably get mauled by a lot of pissed off people if you kept me any longer." He directed at the guy behind the counter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nathan was Jimmy Sparks all along? Who knew?!

Presence or Manipulation + Subterfuge: (5d10)[4][3][5][4][3](19)

EDIT: Daaamn. Almost epic. XD
    Last edited by Tichrondrius; 2009-03-09 at 02:11 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aaron

"Well, I've been doing some thinking lately, and I've decided that I cannot afford to spend my whole life stoned and partying."
    Aaron chuckles wryly. "Well, I take that back.... Thanks to Mum and Dad I can, but where's the satisfaction in that? So I've enjoyed the party scene, had my fun, my one night stands, and all..... but when you really get down to it, does any of that really mean anything? Besides, the only people I've met through my parties that seem to care about who I am and have stuck around for more than just the parties, are our three traveling companions. I've decided that this is my last huzzah.... I am going on this road trip with my group of friends, and then I want to try and do something for myself for a change..."
    Last edited by Alalme; 2009-03-09 at 05:46 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Misty

"I commend you on your efforts Aaron. It's easy to stay dormant and do nothing to better yourself, especially when you have money and rich parents to back you up. But to decide to do something with yourself, something other than just squander your days away, doing nothing... it takes a real man to do that. And while this may not mean much to you... I'm proud of you. To tell the truth, I expected much less of you. I hope you won't be to offended by that and I hope you can really do everything you set in front of you. You can always count on my support Aaron."

With that she smiles at him once again and squeezes his hand, as a show of support.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aaron

"Thanks. Although I'm not sure how much of it is being a man, and how much of it is just being tired of the way things are."
    Aaron blushes at the compliment he just received. "Your support means a lot to me. And as far as being offended about your expectations? Never. You know how things are in high school - every little misdeed you ever do is blown out of proportion. There have been a few times I've done stuff worthy of rebuke, but on the whole - I'd like to think I'm not a bad guy. I must admit - while we're on the topic - that you're quite different from what I had anticipated as well. You have a fair share of rumors flying around about you that are less than truthful, based on what I have found out in the process of getting to know you."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Misty

One would expect that a comment like that would make a girl angry. But much to Aarons surprise... Misty laughs at that.

"Is that so? Care to share just what those rumors are saying? I've always been interested to hear more juicy stuff about me."

Seeing the confused look on his face, she smiles once again.

"Aw, come on Aaron. What else am I supposed to do? Being angry? Depressed? That was the case from the start, but you soon learn that you can't let things like that to get you down. Some people are jealous, some are just plain jerks... I've stopped worrying over that long time ago. It's actually quite funny what others will come up with, if you can take with a grain of salt."

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aaron

After taking a moment to regain his composure, Aaron explains.

"Well, erm..... Most of the rumors are that you're much more..... " Aaron fumbles with words for a moment in an attempt to find a tactful way to word what he is about to say. "Outgoing than you are."

Aaron chuckles "I just recalled the group that I heard that from, and they fall into both categories that you just mentioned. You know, the group that had nothing better to do than try to bring everyone else down in an attempt to make themselves look better?"
    Last edited by Alalme; 2009-03-10 at 12:42 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Misty

Her smile grows even bigger as Aaron speaks.

"Ah, the old "she's such a slut" thing. Too bad, I was almost hoping you had something new, something I haven't heard before. Oh well, c'est la vie. But let me ask you Aaron... what do you think? Is any of that true?"

With that, she leans a little forward, allowing Aaron a possibity to see down her cleavage for a second, before moving back and winking at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Returning the favor, seduction attempt on Aaron :D
    Presence + Persuasion + Striking looks: (10d10)[5][9][5][10][9][1][9][8][3][8](67)

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    10-again
    (1d10)[10]

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

The man at the counter, a short, slightly chubby man that looks far too old to be working at this place, just stares at Nathan for awhile. Stifled feminine laughter can be heard over the noise of the restaurant. The man sighs wearily, mutters something about 'kids these days', and in a more audible but just as irritated voice replies, "Back of the line, sir."

Meanwhile, the girl sitting next to Jeremy looks over at him with a smile, "Hey there. Found a good spot, huh?"

There's something strange about her. It's difficult to define, and she looks normal enough: long brown hair, blue eyes, and a slight build. But somehow she seems...lost, or at least disoriented. Her smile and tone of voice are confident enough (perhaps even a bit flirty), but there's a faint look in her eyes like she's not entirely sure where she is.

If Aaron and Misty are still looking for a private place, it isn't going to be easy with the parking lot so crowded. Still, they can always go back to the minibus, or try around back.
    Witch Hunter Avatar by Dr. Bath
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

29. - Top - End - #149

Jeremy

With an intense look, bordering at a stare, Jeremy smiles as charmingly as he can, which admittedly isn't much, and says: "I most certainly think I did. So, you come here often? I know, I know, a cliché, but someone has to champion the classics."

Spoiler
    Show
    Manipulation + Persuasion I suppose then? Not necessarily a seduction attempt, but at least trying to befriend mystery girl.
    (4d10)[6][4][6][1](17)
    Planetkiller avatar by The Randomizer

30. - Top - End - #150

Nathan Summers

"Damn." Nathan mumbled, walking to the back of the line. He still pointed and winked at a couple of the female patrons in the line, but ended up at the back with a sigh. So he took to watching Aaron and Misty out the window.