Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 246
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Mountain Village [IC]

    (Intro): The shovel clanged against rock, and its wielder snarled in frustration. He shook his brown furry hands and squinted up into the rain.
    “Dig,” a clear voice came from above. “Dig, damn you, or I’ll have you flayed alive!”
    Deep in the pit, the varag warrior couldn’t see the speaker, but he knew the smooth-skinned, silk-clothed fool all too well.
    Clang! Another stone. After throwing down his shovel, the varag took a pull from his wineskin. Time for a break, he thought.
    A green orb shot out of the darkness above, knocking the wineskin out of the varag’s grasp. Snarling in pain and rage, the warrior held his burned hand and watched the wineskin disintegrate in a green poor. Looking up, he saw the smooth-skinned spellcaster, and he grabbed his shovel and gripped it as if it were an axe.
    And then he was the eyes. Those eyes…
    The varag turned back to the mud and the rock. He began to dig again…

    (General): Kingsholm, contrary to the sound of its name, is a sleepy town. Trade caravans use it as a stopping point, but nothing ever truly happens. The Coronet and Cabbage sits in the middle of town and the Kingsholm General Store is less then a block down the street. Fields dot the landscape west of town, away from the mountains. The mountains rose high to the east, imposing themselves over the city.
    The date is Hex (August) 1, the weather is normal for the last month of summer.

    (Dirk): You have made your way over the mountains from the Mahktish desert. You passed through the Halfling community of Welbyshire, where the greeting was less then friendly, but thankfully did not get openly hostile. Kingsholm, as least from first glance, is much more welcoming, with a few strange looks, but nothing that would look hostile.

    (Albect): Having left your training in Dagoleth, you find yourself traveling to the edge of the Empire. Leaving the relative comfort of the bustling metropolis, the Plain of Storms has been relatively kind to you in your travels.
    You find yourself in Kingsholm, last stop in the Empire along the trade route into the desert. It is smaller then you would have thought, though the cemetery you passed on the way in looked well tended.

    (Logan) Your travels away from your training in the temple of Pelor in Dagoleth have been a boon to your soul. Free from the strict guidelines of the priests and in a world of needy people, you have thrived, enjoying your new environment.
    You have made it east, to the Spine, and into a sleepy little town known as Kingsholm. The cemetery you passed was ancient, but well cared for. Something a little town as this could be quite proud of, in your humble opinion. You’ve also heard there is no cleric of Pelor here, though the brewer here had been known to second as a priest of Olidimarra, much to the public’s uneasiness.

    (Lethe) Your latest excursion with your mother was into a fissure that recently opened in the Spine, a long north-south running range that splits the continent in half. As you travel north, looking for other exploits and cooler weather for the end of the summer, you get to Kingsholm. Your mother had mentioned that there was a cemetery here that likely had more then a few things of value to add to your collection.

    (Talus) Your journey with the caravan was uneventful, but you learned plenty on your travels across the Plain of Storms. Enough experience to get you started in the real world. You opted to stay in Kingsholm and just enjoy the town at the foot of the mountain and have learned a few things of note.

    1. The town is extremely proud of their cemetery. Supposedly there is a statue of the first king up in the mountains, but you haven’t made the trip to go see it.

    2. Hergon Hilltopple, the local cleric and brewer, is a man who sees things quite similar to you. You’ve enjoyed several tours of the brewery at his expense. He is a good man, though his allegiance to Oliddimarra has many people leery of him.

    3. The Sentinals, the town guard, are among the best guards you’ve seen in a town this size. Still no comparison to the trained soldiers of the Empire, but quite good.

    4. Phodor Landros, the mayor of Kingsholm, has left on business with Welbyshire, the town across the mountains. He has left Ian Turbrand, the owner of the Coronet and Cabbage, in charge during his absence.

    (Jayletina) Your travels from the Lark Wood to the north have brought you south across the mountains, your first time stepping anywhere that didn’t have trees as far as you could see. Following the path you set for yourself, you find a job as a cravan guard in the town of Gale Haven. They have dropped you off in Kingsholm. With caravans moving through on a consistanat basis, you expect to find work quickly.
    Last edited by Rodgin; 2009-02-26 at 05:47 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2009

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Jayletina

    Jumping off the caraven as it trundled in Jay wandered through the town taking the sights in. Brushing a lock of dark raven hair out of her eyes she makes sure her armour and weapons are strapped on properly and wanders into the inn.

    She takes a quick check of everybody who is sitting in the inn, especially to see if there is any particularly striking young gentlemen.

    Whether there is or not she will take a seat at a table where she can face the foor to see everyone whos coming in and orders a hot meal and a pint of warm cider.

    "Thank you" she replies to the barmaid who brings it over and gives her a large tip.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Springfield, OH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Dirk

    A small, darkly-colored reptile dashes in on the heels of another patron, his shirt of chainmail jingling. His brown leather pants, hood, and gauntlets don't seem to fit properly, as if they were made for some other species.

    Small pinpoints of red light dash back and forth beneath the hood as the creature scans the inn's lobby. Soon, it decides to secure itself a room, signing up for a cheap, common one.

    Once he knows he has a place to stay, Dirk buys a glass of wine and meanders over to the toughest-looking individual in the bar, offering them the drink. "Hi, I'm new in town." He yaps in Common that sounds as if he learned it in a hurry. "Sorry if I'm bothering you."

    Spoiler
    Show

    "Diplomacy" - (1d20+2)[5](7)
    We now know why that last town hated me.
    Last edited by mangy_mathan; 2009-02-26 at 11:59 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    xPANCAKEx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    London, Yewkay
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Logan

    Approaching the village, logan thought maybe there would be a flock to tend to here - they obviously took great care of their dead if the reverance poured into the maintainance of the cemetary was any indication.

    Seeing the main hub of activity buzzed around the centre of town - the logical place to head to was the tavern. Entering through the door, he looked around, seeing many people who looked like local farmers and traders, and many more who looked like travelers passing through

    after watching the hussle and bustle for a few moments, he took a stool, and spoke
    "uuum,,, AHEM... LADIES AND GENTLEMEN." aware he was now under the attention of many people in the bar "Im sorry to interupt your rest, and i won't keep you from your drinks long - i am passing through town, and should any of you require the services of a healer, or religious blessings, then i will happily provide my services... um... sorry for interupting your drinks..."

    stepping down from the stool, brushing it off and mumbling an apology to the bar keep before ordering a drink

    Spoiler
    Show

    diplomacy check (1d20+7)[20]
    pancake-atar created by RTG0922

    Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    xPANCAKEx - He's a scumbag, but he's a wise scumbag.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2009

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Jayletina

    When the little lizard walks in

    Jay watches the little lizard-man-thing womble over to another group of travellers and see's them slowly getting annoyed.

    Time to go rescue him, plus anyway hes quite cute.

    Wandering over she taps the little lizard on the arm

    "I don't think these guys are all that interested my little friend, but as you can see im quite strong and maybe I can look after you"

    Walking back to her old table she watches the lizard follow and then offers him a seat.

    "Your quite cute, whats your name? Im called Jayletina but most people just call me Jay"

    When Logan walks in

    Talking quietly to the lizard-thing she whispers

    "Damn it, priests, all the same kind, just as long as he's not working for my Daddy."

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Springfield, OH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Dirk

    Dirk follows Jay, glancing back uneasily at the burly, scowling farmer she saved him from. "That usually goes over better."

    Shrugging, Dirk hops up on the chair, and has a seat on the edge of the table. He eyes the woman before him, obviously not accustomed to seeing women of such excellent physical condition. "Are you one of those women from the cold lands of the North?" he barks. "I've heard that they can smash rocks with their heads!"

    "That might be why they're dumb, though..." He mutters. "Anyways, my name is Dirk. Nice to meet you, lady."

    When his glowing eyes spot the priest, he visibly tenses, and his tail swishes nervously. His eyes remain fixed on the newcomer for the duration of his speech.
    Last edited by mangy_mathan; 2009-02-26 at 05:53 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2009

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Jayletina

    "Careful little man, just because i'm from the north doesn't make me uncivilized. I've never attempted to break a rock on my head, i'm sure a little lizard wouldn't stop my big thick skull though. Right?"

    She says all this with a smile not actually angry at the little lizard and just playing with him.

    Noticing his distaste of the cleric and nervousness of him.

    "Whats up with the holy man then little lizard man? You don't like the holy guys? And hey you know what Dirk reminds me of? Well just change the r for a c."


    With this she leans back giggling to herself and having a smile play across her lips.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Springfield, OH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Dirk waits for Jayletina's laughter to subside before he answers. "Usually the people who order the killing of kobolds say they're serving one of the gods. Us kobolds have a saying about the priesthood..."



    "Well, okay, no we don't. We're still cautious, though."

    "What about you?" He says, poking Jay with his claw. "Why is your male caretaker after you?"

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2009

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Jayletina

    "Cautious. Now that my little lizardy friend is something i can relate to."

    Picking up the rest of her drink she swallows the rest of the ale in one big gulp and lets a belch out.

    "Well maybe its time to allay our fears, lets go see if he wants to squish you or is looking for me. Oh and as to why my 'caretaker' is coming to look for me, he still things I need looking after. Daddy doesn't understand im my own woman now."

    Without waiting for a response she smiles at Dirk and stands up to wander over to the cleric.

    "Fancy joining me and my little friend over there for a drink?"

    She points over to the table at the door with Dirk on it.

    "I'll even let you buy me a drink shiny boy"

    With that she winks at Logan and walks back over to Dirk sits down and smiles at him again.

    "We'll soon see, heh"

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    xPANCAKEx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    London, Yewkay
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Logan

    Suprised by the invitation, looks around scanning the bar patrons again, before moving over to join them, with a drink for the woman, and a smaller drink for the reptillian

    "thank you for you for the invitation - its not often people just want to sit and talk. And its also not often that i get the pleasure of a kobolds company... but im forgetting my manners. My name is logan"
    pancake-atar created by RTG0922

    Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    xPANCAKEx - He's a scumbag, but he's a wise scumbag.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Springfield, OH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    The kobold tastes the drink with a long, forked tongue, eyes it suspiciously, then suddenly takes a big swig. He licks his teeth before saying, "Eh, I guess you're alright. My name is Dirk. This is my new friend Jayletina." He points to Jay. "What brings a messenger of..." Dirk stops, and eyes Logan's holy symbol. "Pelor? What brings you here, 'Messenger of Pelor'?" He pats Logan on the shoulder while doing what appears to be smiling, but it's hard to tell when the creature has no lips. He seems to have warmed up to the cleric.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+7)[18]
    (1d20+3)[7]
    Last edited by mangy_mathan; 2009-02-26 at 08:46 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DC area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Talus:

    Talus watches the last caravan move out of the gate, then heads back into the heart of the town. A tall man, he seemed more so with the great pole-arm resting on his shoulder. His figure's imposing nature is belayed by the slight smile on his face, and his green eyes lack any hatred or cruelty.
    Well, John should be up on his feet tomorrow, so they won't need me to fill in for him. What next, though? Another caravan?

    No. Something's telling me to stay, and if I left the order because I wanted to follow my feelings, then I should do so.


    Much more confident, Talus heads towards the inn. Likely for the usual food and drink, but perhaps the caravan brought some new souls into town. Also, after a day standing by the gates, it would be good to get his armor off. Entering the tavern, he slows only to nod at the innkeeper before heading off to his room.

    A short time later he reenters the main room, pausing slowly to scan the room. The priest at the table with the woman and the... too small to be a hafling, and with the hood up he couldn't make much of the person. The priest seemed to be at ease, so nothing too terrible. a child, perhaps. In any case, they seemed new to town, so after getting a mug of ale and some food, Talus headed over to their table.

    Nice to see some new faces around here. Anyone have this seat? I'm called Talus, by the way.
    Last edited by MeklorIlavator; 2009-02-26 at 11:37 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DMBlackhart's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Stockton, California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the late reply. I have been hospitalized


    Albect

    Quite the handsome young thing. A young male humanoid standing roughly 6 feet or so and scrawny to boot. Albect is a charmer before he is a scholar. The Man adores a runic symbol tatooed unto his skalp.

    The man sits off in a table in the corner. Away from the hustle and busle.Albect has been here for what would seem all the day, from dawn till..well now. He sits at this table playing a portable chess set by himself.

    Apon the kolbold arrival albect looks up, an odd grin on his face.

    He soon sees the cleric and another man walk in shortly after the lizard.
    Albects grin widens, and without finishing his game, goes over to thier table to introduce himself.

    They call me Albect. I am fresh out of the safety of the university. I hail from Dagoleth. And I couldent help but notice your odd gaggle of associates,*Makes a outstretched hand motion* May I take a seat, sit and converse for the time being?
    Last edited by DMBlackhart; 2009-02-27 at 12:31 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    xPANCAKEx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    London, Yewkay
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Logan

    "Oh please, be out guests" says the young man, with a welcoming gesture for the new arrivals to sit down with them. Our kobold drinking companion here had just asked me about myself. Hmmm, i've explained this 20 times by now and im still never sure how to phrase it... Im not actually a qualified Messenger. I left the church 2 months back. It was far to stuffy there, too much talking, not enough doing. I just want a simple life, and go where pelors healing touch are needed. I've spread his word where it is welcomed, otherwise i wouldn't want to trouble you with tales of my religious convictions....."

    he said starting off into space, hand gently stroking the holy symbol hanging on his belt

    listen to me, blathering on... please - tell me about yourselves
    pancake-atar created by RTG0922

    Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    xPANCAKEx - He's a scumbag, but he's a wise scumbag.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DC area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Talus:
    If Talus was surprised by the revelation of the kobold, he didn't show it, simply sitting down and turning slightly to the Priest.

    Oh, I understand all about stuffiness. Used to be in the Shining Swords chapter, east of here. Way too stuffy, espcially some of the old knights. Still, the Knight-Commander wasn't afraid of action. A good man. Still, didn't quite fit in, so a year ago I left. Been doing odd jobs, mainly guard work. That's how I ended up in this place. How about you?
    At this, he gestures to the others, and begins eating.
    Last edited by MeklorIlavator; 2009-02-27 at 01:27 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2009

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Jayletina

    Ooh lots of new people. Another shiny one, hes kinda pretty. But no, I think im liking the scrawny one, wait no, i'd break him. Meh oh well maybe there'll be another one, though my little lizardy friend is still quite cute...

    Realising she'd been staring off into space whilst all these thoughts cycled through her head Jay shook her head and looked at the two new people.

    "Hey guys i'm Jay, and that guy with the hood up who's still not spoken is my new friend Dirk. First of I have to make sure none are working for my dad. No one knows a Lord Corcentina - lives way up north past the trees?"

    When she realises no one does

    "So you took what at university mister Albect? Anyway enough questions, im called Jayletina, but most people just call me Jay. My Daddy still thinks he knows whats best for me so I had to leave, looking for some fun now."
    Last edited by Bangles; 2009-02-27 at 06:47 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DMBlackhart's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Stockton, California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Albect

    Aha, stuffy and impending. Much the way I felt leaving my school. Well that and I never really had a NEED to be there. You see, I possess skills, those of a rare variety. Although my skills are inate, some say controlled by my charm and wit, rather then my knowledge. * taking a deep breath* Wow, what ramble. Anyhow I am quite charmed my young female friend. Albect gives a beguiling wink at jay. Then ordering a drink and some meal he continues with his ungodly rant. Now that's an interesting question. As I said before, I have no REAL need to study at a university. I meerly attended in order to gain some knowledge, and hopefully a better chance of survival when I left home. I know a good deal about Alchemy, as well as the arcane.
    As his rant comes to a finish he seems to leave out some key skills of his in which he excels.
    Last edited by DMBlackhart; 2009-02-27 at 07:39 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Springfield, OH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    The reptile on the table, who had been wringing his fingers and throwing suspicious glances around the room, seems to relax halfway through Albect's rant. "So, you have dragon blood?" He asks, genuinely interested. The kobold thrusts out his claw towards the arcanist, awaiting a handshake. "I'm Dirk. Us kobolds are related to dragons, ya know. I've even seen one! And done battle with one! And lost miserably!" He yaps cheerfully.

    A bunch of misfits... I wonder how long this will last?

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DMBlackhart's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Stockton, California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    *takes the kolbolds clawed hand and shakes*
    Ah well, I dont recall stating my heritage my young friend. No, no I am of pure human lineage I can assure you.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Lethe

    Lethe glanced around the inn after finally putting the finishing touches to her journal. She knew she should start planning her excursion... but it wasn't like there was anyone to scold her if she didn't. Not now anyway.

    Now to find a distraction. I wonder where that guy with the chess set went to? Ah, there he is. And if he is a bore, at least one of those others should be interesting.

    Without hesitation, Lethe walked over to the table. "Good day to you all. Mind if I sit here?

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Springfield, OH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    "Oh... I'm sorry, I just assumed..." Dirk starts to speak, but is interrupted as Lethe approaches.

    "Sure, have a seat. Everyone wants to see a kobold. I should just charge people admission like that zoo at the capital. I do tricks, too!"

    Dirk hurries across the floor with surprising speed, his tail swishing behind him, snags some apples from a nearby table, and begins to juggle them. He's quite good, and even manages to snag another apple, juggling four at once.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Dexterity Check - (1d20+4)[16](20)
    Last edited by mangy_mathan; 2009-02-27 at 02:33 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2009

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Jayletina

    When the other girl walks up to the table

    "Hey there im Jayletina, most people just call me Jay. This cute little fellow here is Dirk, or Dicky."


    Again when she says this she devolves into giggles and it takes a few moments to compose herself. Looking up again she carries on.

    "Our shiny friends here are Talus and Logan and this fellow over here is erm Albect."

    Well at least shes not as pretty as me, though those weapons do look quite nice and shiny she has, maybe she comes from a rich family. Anyway i couldn't sleep with her, she wouldn't be strong enough for me. Aww if only the little lizardy guy was taller, he's quite cute. Or that university boy was stronger...

    When Dirk speaks - then table

    "Well thats just untrue dicky"

    Again she breaks down giggling, she finds herself immensly funny even if nobody else does. When shes recomposed she carries on

    "I just wanted to look after you and make sure you didn't get beaten up. Plus your quite cute, and we could be awesome friends"

    Watching Dirk wander across the floor she watches rapt with attention wondering what his trick will be, watching him juggle away she starts to clap along then shouts out

    "Wonder if you can do that with knives instead. Now that would be cool!"

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Dirk easily juggles the three apples. Grabbing the fourth nearly ruins it, but he manages to keep them running smooth enough, gaining laughter and cheers from the waitstaff.

    The cheers are cut short by the back door opening and a large man, a woman dressed in a town guard uniform, and a prosperous looking dwarf walk in. The waitstaff hurry back about their business, but the trio walks straight up to the table.

    Are you mercenaries? the big man asks. He glares at you with dark eyes as if challenging you to deny it. Are you adventurers? We need barave and capable folks, right now, and we're willing to pay!

    Talus
    Spoiler
    Show

    You recognise the man as Ian Turbrand, the owner of this inn. And he looks much more concerned, almost fearful, then you have ever seen him.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Entridge Hazat: OoC and IC
    Roondar Tauren: Character Sheet

    Games DMing:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Mountain Village: OoC and IC

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Springfield, OH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Is this guy big as in tall, fat, or muscular? All of the above (like a bear)? Can we guess what he does for a living? His identity probably isn't as important as the plot hook he's carrying in his belt pouch, though.


    "Are you mercenaries?" The man asks, prompting Dirk to begin shaking his head fervently.

    "...we're willing to pay!"
    "Yes, I am. What can I do for you?" He yaps cheerfully, hopping up and standing on a the table, trying to get as close to the man's eye level as possible. He stands up straight and crosses his arms in front of his chest, trying to look as tough and dependable as possible.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming that would be a Bluff check and not Diplomacy. Yeah, I like rolling. Adds a little randomness to my actions.

    Bluff - (1d20+7)[17](24)

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DMBlackhart's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Stockton, California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Albect, whatching the events unfold decides to throw in his hat. Hmm, I am a mercenary, yes. I hail from lands far off, a great kingdom, one in which we are trained with a deadly skill. A most "mystical" art you could call it, you wish to enlist my services it will require you MORE then just meer coins.

    * taking out 2 ebony dice from his belt pouch *

    I will do whatever work you wish for free, if you can beat me in highest dice. If not, then you will pay me and my associates three timesthe pay, each, no less.... So, what do you say?

    And odd air is about Albect. His previous demeener led you to beilieve he was quite the charming young man. Now he seems hard and cunning.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[27] Profession gamble if he accepts.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[19] Bluff to trick him about my history and power.
    Last edited by DMBlackhart; 2009-02-27 at 08:38 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2009

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Jayletina

    "Hey Dirk darling, you know what would make you tough and intimidating?"

    Without waiting for a response Jay picks up the little lizard and puts him on her shoulders.

    "As to whether we're mercenatires, depends on how much your willing to pay and what the job is. After all we could do with a little extra cash, i'm sure."

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DC area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Talus:
    Talus seems starled, first by the question, then by his companions reactions. Turning to the innkeeper, he speaks calmly.
    "Come now, Ian. You know me, of course I'll help. Be a poor friend otherwise. Can't speak for the others, but knowing what we'd be expectede to do would be nice."
    Last edited by MeklorIlavator; 2009-02-27 at 08:42 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    xPANCAKEx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    London, Yewkay
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Logan

    "Never really considered myself a mercinary..." says the young holy man, more to himself than directed at the large town guard

    "But if these brave decent folk here are about to put themselves in harms way, it would be remiss of me not to accompany them and help where i can... so if that makes me a mercinary for now, then so be it.

    what is it you need us to do?
    "
    Last edited by xPANCAKEx; 2009-02-28 at 03:44 AM.
    pancake-atar created by RTG0922

    Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    xPANCAKEx - He's a scumbag, but he's a wise scumbag.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Lethe

    "A mercenary? How dull." She gently tousled her hair. "I am, however, an adventurer. And if you wish to reward me for services rendered I shan't complain."

    Lethe leaned forward in her seat and stared at the man intently. "What is it you need doing?"
    Last edited by Hesquidor; 2009-02-28 at 01:18 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

    Ian continued, pleased to hear the had the help he was looking for. Pointedly looking past Albect, he continued his explanation. You all notice him wringing his hands at times, truely worried about what has happened.

    Mia says we have trouble in the graveyard he says, jabbing his thumb back towards the woman in uniform. We need your help and we need it now. Two days ago three members of a family went to bury one of their own. When they didn't come back, their servant reported. Mia says she sent two sentinels out, but they have yet to return either.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Entridge Hazat: OoC and IC
    Roondar Tauren: Character Sheet

    Games DMing:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Mountain Village: OoC and IC

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •