New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: Mountain Village [IC]

Talus slices the one on the right, dropping it as it attempts to run. He can not, however, get his glaive back around Albect in time to cut down the other one as it flees. jay's longsword also fails to find its mark as the zombie flees.

(So, the only red dot on the map should be the one furthest to the left. Albect, post both your rounds together if you'd like. Everyone else, feel free to post.)
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Entridge Hazat: OoC and IC
    Roondar Tauren: Character Sheet

Games DMing:
    Spoiler
    Show

Mountain Village: OoC and IC

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Talus:

Talus hurries after the remaining Zombies and Skeletons, hoping to catch up to them before they move farther into the tomb. Still, he barely manages to catch up with the Zombies before they round the corner.

Spoiler
    Show

Double Move:Move forward 4, left 1 square, and Diagonal forward Left 1 square, up 1. That should use up all my moves. I'll eat up the AOO's as well.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dirk
    Initiative: 24
    HP: 14 / 14 [♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥]
    AC: 20 (15 Touch)

"Albect!" Dirk yelps as he sees the arrow pierce his companion. He goes to shoot at the skeleton once again, but is stopped when it spontaneously combusts with holy fire. He tries to figure out where his blast is best placed when Talus hacks down one zombie. With only one crudely fleeing zombie left, his choice is clear.

Dirk narrows his eyes angrily. "Oh no you don't!"

Eldritch Blast - (1d20+7)[2](9) (Ranged Touch)
    Critical - (1d20+7)[8](15)

Damage - (1d6)[5]

"Get back in the ground!"
    Last edited by Mangy Mathan; 2009-03-05 at 07:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    The problem, you see, is that your campaign clearly revolves around the divine, and Dungeons and Dragons players are by nature rugged, sexy, staunch individualists who flip the bird at The System whenever possible

4. - Top - End - #154
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jayletina

Lets see if he can play catch.

Move -> 1sq up and diagonal right 2 up and 1 right. Should put me 10ft south of the zombie. - Also draw a javelin as she goes and stow the shield.

"Lets see if he wants to play catch!"

Standard ->
    Attack - (1D20+3)[22]
    Damage - (1D10+4)[9]

Stats:

HP : 21/21 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    AC : 19
    Init : 21

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Logan
    HP 15/15
    Initiative 12
    AC 19 Flat 17 touch 12

assuming MeklorIlavator meant right rather than left?

Seeing the blessed warrior move towards the foe, the holy man moves up to support him

double move - 6 squares straight up
    pancake-atar created by RTG0922

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    xPANCAKEx - He's a scumbag, but he's a wise scumbag.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Albect
    Initiative: 7
    HP: 5 / 8 [♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥]
    AC: 17? (13? Touch)

OoC: Ok so two sets of actions?

Albect whatches as the cleric comes to his rescue just in time. Moments later an arrow catches right on albects shoulder.Gah!! Damnit. Heh, good shot.

Albect, more intellegent then insane, sees the his job in the battle is through. He retreats as far back as he can. "Cleric, come to me. I require your service." Albect says this through gritted teeth.

( moving 30feet away, or more if its needed to get behind something that grants cover. Also im looking for cover. Also cleric mind healing me?) (I honestly cant do too much more... for now, so I will just ready an action on my second turn to disrupt any undead who come into range. )

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

As Albect falls back, Jay and Dirk move in, putting the finishing touches on the last zombie. It falls in the rubble, its human looking face definitly dead again.

(100 EXP per person. Back to rollplaying, combat over.)
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Games DMing:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158

BlackDragon

Jayletina

"Nice one boys and Lethe."

"Good shot Dirk "

Scrambling over the rubble she see's if the javelin is retrievable. Then she pokes through the skelentons crumbled forms and the zombies to see what they're like dead. And to see if they have anything shiny on them.

Search - (1D20+2)[15]
    Last edited by Bangles; 2009-03-05 at 08:30 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Talus:
    Albect, that looks bad, let me look at it.
    Talus removes the arrow from the sholder, and then lays his hand on the wound. It glows slightly for a moment, and when he removes his hand, the wound is healed. Talus moves on then, heading toward the door the zombies attempted to flee through, speaking over his shoulder.
    Those looked unusually fresh...could they be the family from the town?

Spoiler
    Show
    What about the skeleton's?

3 hit point restored to Albect, so 1 point left for my Lay on Hands.
    In any case, I'll look around the corner
    spot(1d20+1)[21]

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Logan

wait friend - dont open that door just yet!

silently intoning a prayer over the now dead undead zombie corpses - maybe now they shall finally get to rest

That door has been wedged shut - pointing to the piton on at the bottom

maybe there will be some clues to the cause of this evil here in the burial preperation chamber if they kept any records... or on the bodies of those finally departed? If none of you mind touching the dead, it may help turn up evidence

Spoiler
    Show

what is the black dot in the bottom left? - sorry if ive missed the explaination already

search - (1d20+1)[11]

knowledge religion - (1d20+6)[23] - for any evidence pointing towards the cause of the outbreak

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dirk

Spoiler
    Show
    The skeletons were incinerated by Logan's turn undead because he is twice their level. I think that was mentioned in the OOC thread, not here, though.

Dirk leaps off Jay's shoulders and hurries to check the wound, his hood flipping back as he drops to the floor. "Albect, are you okay?" Seeing that Albect is alright, he turns to the other members of the party. "You guys are good." He says. "Especially you." He yaps, pointing to Logan. "That was amazing!"
    The problem, you see, is that your campaign clearly revolves around the divine, and Dungeons and Dragons players are by nature rugged, sexy, staunch individualists who flip the bird at The System whenever possible

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Logan

Er...Thank you the young priest says, obviously not quite comfortable with such high public praise "but i'm meerly carrying out the good work of the ever benevolant Pelor - the restful dead should be allowed to stay dead"

moving over to check on Albect's, preparing to tear off some of his robe for a make shift bandage, he stops seeing the wound miraculously healed by the touch of the paladin

"it seems i am not the only one the gods favour to heal the sick in these lands, blessed a warrior. I could not have done it better myself. Are you ok albect? im so sorry i did not tend to you soon... but that poor person. I had to try and lay them back to eternal rest as soon as possible. Please understand... i am sorry"

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Albect

Standing back to his feat. Heh, thanks for that. you were magnificant. I hardly did a thing. Infact if it wasent for my lucky guess I wouldent have caught the first zombie. He kicks the one closest to the floor.Hmm, I wonder if they are the family.... Well in any case they are dead now. Albect then once overs the area for clues and such.

Search-take 20

14. - Top - End - #164

WhiteWizardGirl

Lethe

"Great job guys! That was very impressive."

Lethe wanders over to the far wall to pull out her wayward bolt. Afterwards she walks back over to the foot of the stairs to examine the woman's body.

Search - (1d20+8)[26]
    Last edited by Hesquidor; 2009-03-06 at 02:39 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Jay:
    Spoiler
    Show

As you dig through the remains of your enemies, you pull out three short bows and 27 arrows. One of the arrows has special runes carved into the head.

Dirk:
    Spoiler
    Show

You do nothing but watch. I just didn't want you to feel left out.

Talus:
    Spoiler
    Show

As you look around the corner, you see more vaults lining the walls. There is little over here of note, just a door on the far side that's closed. As best you can figure, the undead were waiting in this room for you.

Lethe:
    Spoiler
    Show

You search over the woman's body, finding blugeon marks all over. She was clubbed to death, or at least that is your guess. Judging from the looks of this, she was the woman in the family that went missing.

Logan:
    Spoiler
    Show

As you check the room for clues of the family, you not that the two zombies and the body of the woman all have a similar necklace. Looks to be a family sigil. That would explain the dead relative and the mother and father, but the daughter is still missing.

Albect:
    Spoiler
    Show

As you start to search the room, you find it is set up with bodies waiting for tombs. The remaining bodies are in burial clothes, but they have obviously been ruimmaged through. Looters, by your estimation. All the vaults appear to be similarly tossed. Except the northwest vautl. There is a piton sealing it shut.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Games DMing:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166

BlackDragon

Jayletina

"Oooh guys! Look what I found!"

With that she picks up and shows the three bows about and the 27 arrows.

"Oooh Dirk and Albect look! This arrow has some runes carved into the arrowhead."

With that she will hand the arrow over to whichever is closer let, let the magic guys figure out the arrow.

Then wander over to the vault in the corner.

"Ooh still shut. Reckon we should open it and have a look inside?"

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Albect

Recieving the arrow from jayletina he gives it a quick glance over, then hading it over to the kolbold. Mayhaps you will denote the effects of the runes? With a small humm albect muses over the runes in his head, then the preceding battle.Possibly an incidiary effect?

Albect then turns to Jayletina once again. Hold a moment jayletina. May I see those bows? I wish to appraise them for arcane capabilities.

Albect will do so, and use detect magic for the full 3 round duration on each.
    Last edited by DMBlackhart; 2009-03-06 at 05:00 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168

WhiteWizardGirl

Lethe

"Well I guess this woman is part of the missing family. Looks like she took a pretty hard beating. Reckon those zombies did that?"

And if that poor woman knew who those zombies were when they was alive... Lethe shivers.

"Well then, shall we press on?"
    Last edited by Hesquidor; 2009-03-06 at 05:09 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Albect

After hooking his crossbow to his belt albect will nab one of the shortbows ( if any magical then that one )

And put the 20 or so arrows in a quiver ( again unless you guys decide I not to have them)

He will draw the bow back, the rune arrow loaded ( after dirk appraises it of course )

Lead the way

DM!!: Take a look in the OoC thread for my use magic device. I dont wanna keep posting here so I decided I will do it there.
    Last edited by DMBlackhart; 2009-03-06 at 05:15 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dirk

Spoiler
    Show
    I think these things require some kind of activation word. Let's see if my sucktastic rolls continue. Aaaand they do.

Dirk fumbles with the arrows, trying to attune himself to them and their innate powers. He mutters to himself incoherently, stringing together arcane syllables. Albect realizes that what he is speaking is indeed components for a spell, but it's gibberish. Dirk doesn't appear to actually know what he's saying.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Magic Device - (1d20+7)[9](16) Just high enough to keep it from blowing up in my face. I should invest in Skill Focus. Can't wait for Deceive Item at 4th level. Automatic take 10!
    Last edited by Mangy Mathan; 2009-03-06 at 05:16 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171

BlackDragon

Jayletina

"Check the piton thing if you can Lethe? Make sure we're not walking into a giant trap? I'll watch your back."

With that Jay checks to see if her javelin into the zombie is still intact and if it is she will hook it into her belt loop with the rest. If not she'll go stand rear-guard for Lethe.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Albect

Albect will also stand in the back. His magical shield still running ( thanks to dirks potion ) If the party has allowed him to keep a bow and some arrows ( and the magic arrow ) then he will have that one drawn, ready to unleash.

( if I dont have the bow or arrow/arrows then I will unhook my fully loaded crossbow and prepare it )

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dirk

Dirk triggers runes on the arrow, causing it to glow and crackle viciously. The kobold quickly drops the arrow to the ground, narrowly avoiding a catastrophe. He waves his claws in the standard 'I ain't touching that' way, and joins his friends inspecting the piton.

Spoiler
    Show
    I avoided a 2d6 magic damage mishap by 1 point.

"If that's a problem, I can get rid of it for you." He hisses in an uncharacteristically sinister way, his beady eyes glowing red in the dim light of the tomb.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Logan

"These bodies are the missing family members mia mentioned - but i can't see the body of the daughter? Maybe shes trapped deeper inside. I suggestion caution

if we must open the vault, i say we do so carefully"

moving to 10ft away from the vault door

If we are going to open it - lets get ready and into position incase more of these foul things are inside

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Talus:
    Agreed. There's no telling what they'll do to her.
    With that, Talus follows Logan to the Vault.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

ooc
    if someone goes to open the door, logan will ready an attack against anything that rushes out to attack if they look undead or dangerous

27. - Top - End - #177

WhiteWizardGirl

Lethe

After getting her crossbow primed, Lethe turns her attention towards the vault door. Once she has thoroughly examined the piton and the surrounding area, she opens the door.

Spoiler
    Show

Search - (1d20+8)[26]
    Listen - (1d20+7)[13]
    Last edited by Hesquidor; 2009-03-07 at 03:21 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Lethe:
    Spoiler
    Show

You can't see a trap, and you think you here weeping inside the vault, but the stone muffles it to the point that you can't be sure. As you go to open the door, you see the piton is keeping it from pulling out and open.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Games DMing:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179

WhiteWizardGirl

Lethe

"Is...is that someone crying?"

She attempts to yank the piton out and fling open the vault door.
    Last edited by Hesquidor; 2009-03-07 at 04:19 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Lethe grabs hold of the piton to yank it loose, but it doesn't budge at all. Apparently it was hammered in soundly.
    Last edited by Rodgin; 2009-03-07 at 04:15 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Games DMing:
    Spoiler
    Show