New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Lords of Creation III

The Elder

He scoffed at Ran Kang's proposal.

"If I follow my passions...i'd continue my research into the Spark Well, learn to control it, and Rule as King of the Gods. Do you wish to serve me? Do you wish to be under my heel? My passions, my love is nothing less then power. Haggard doesn't know what true power is. I felt true power, the full of the spark ran through me. I am immortal. No god can even face me! The Grind will obey me! Why you may ask? For I know how to fill the whole of the world with this destructive spark. Ran Kang, you will obey me. For if you don't, the world you love will implode with my force! I worship The Grind, but he must worship me in return!"

The Eldern Elder's eyes sparked, like two stars. His skin was like bark softened as he spoke.

"So, Lord of Love and Passions, do you wish to argue that I should take your words and do as I feel I should? Or do you wish to hide your secrets from being such as me? I am denied death. I am denied mortality. I CAN deny you the world."

The Elder smirks.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ran Kang: The Hole

Ran smirked, pointing to the Questioner

“You there! Yes you! Listen to this little creature! You say it is we who could damage the world with our presence?”

Ran Kang’s voice suddenly shifted, the words from his mouth sounding totally unlike his own, almost as if they came from a mortal creature

"I'd continue my research into the Spark Well, learn to control it, and Rule as King of the Gods. Do you wish to serve me? Do you wish to be under my heel? My passions, my love is nothing less then power. Haggard doesn't know what true power is. I felt true power, the full of the spark ran through me. I am immortal. No god can even face me! The Grind will obey me! Why you may ask? For I know how to fill the whole of the world with this destructive spark."

Ran burst out laughing

“The Blessed Little Ones….how alike they all sound!”

Ran then turned back toward the world, addressing the elder

“How you sound like the Drow so cursed by your creator. Bow to you? Why not? What can you as such a little thing offer me who can will the world around you into the blood of my love? What do I gain from taking your succor? In a matter of minutes the beasts born from your folly will come for you…and then what will you do but bleed and cry? Perhaps…perhaps you do not remember whose words whisper deep in your being? Perhaps you forget the Words I speak are mine and mine alone in the end?

For ask me Blessed Little One? What would you do if the Words no longer stayed in your mind? Or the very mind of the elves of the whole world? I could deny them all the use of the language I had cried out in my birth roar…surely that would cause you no short end of problems? If the other gods know of your intention to come to our world and rule…then perhaps some would invite you as I have. But soon…oh so very soon the World won’t even exist. Your sins slide off the Immaculate Me like soap on a fresh babes bottom. But you are covered in it. Remember when you are judged that I offered you love and charity, and begged you in your state to love the world and help it against all who come for its heart. Sorrow cannot begin to explain what I feel for you…Blessed Little Thing your father did you wrong, and you in turn did the World a wrong no hope can ever repair. Soon…I will return for you. And you will know…pray…that I did not. Sleep now….breed now. For all you wish will turn to ash in the face of the Words true power that you and your people never truly ever reached.”
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2009-04-02 at 02:58 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Where ever the Eldern Elder is

The room grows cold all of a sudden as the Elder notices that he can see his breath. The sound of shuffling can be heard coming from one of the corridors as a dry raspy and ancient sounding voice is heard

"In that case... your majesty... let us see you make good of your boasts and force me to bow in front of you..."

just as the words reach their ears, from the darkness of the corridor, the form of Haggard emerges... well... at least his avatar.

"Greetings! I have come here simply to mock you... rub some salt in your wounds!"
    Last edited by Shmee; 2009-04-02 at 03:01 PM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Eldern

The Elder smiled,

"Ran Kang doesn't understand. I cannot breed. I am the last. I am the first. You however, Haggard the Tyrant, you understand. I am the last, but I cannot die. The Elven are forever.

What you don't understand Haggard, the petty. Is that I have a power over a God. You see, the great ritual did not only empower this spark well, it also allowed me to control a certain God.
    "

The Eldern Elder reached his hands up, the 4 Pillars of Elven Kind glowed.

"Oh Grind, hear my words. I am your first true child.
    By the words of Ran Kang, by the will of the King.
    Grant me a rain of your power! Grant me your blessings!
    "

The four pillars lightened up, and the Elder glowed with power. Holding his hand out the city around the pillars started to restore itself, lovly fountains sprang to life, rubble cleared itself away. This was the power of a God, in the hands of a mortal.

"Try your tricks on me. I cannot die, and for I am the last of my kind, the blessings of the Gods apply to ME and only ME! You Haggard, the pathetic, will be the FIRST God to bow before me!"

The Eldern Elder smirked.

The Grind, The Black Sun

The Grind waited for Slade to show, he watched the darkness flow and ebb. Suddenly, the last of his power stores were drained from him. The Grind felt weaker, somehow.

(Bless, The Elven using all 4 pillars, making them FP 9)

The Fleshy Mass

The flesh began to erupt in places with a strange white light. Boils and blisters made themselves known, the skin of the world began to bleed. The white light erupted from the ground spewing to the sky, lighting it up brighter then Night. The Bright Pillar broke, yet another hole in the barrier. Soon, however the Black Sun absorbed the Pillar's Light, creating the Pillar of Darkness. The Second Spark Well.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Haggard watches as the Elder does his ritual and gains the power. If the Elder could have seen behind Haggard's mask, he would have noticed that Haggard was impressed... for a mortal to do that... not that Haggard would admit to it.

"Very well, you have convinced me... I shall bow down to you! Forgive me lord for my knees are weak though... however let me exclaim my reverence towards your figure! I hail you Elf... for you are truly king... the king of dust and dirt!"

"You want me to try my tricks on you? Why should I do that? I have nothing to gain from you... by destroying the Elves to gain your power for petty vengeance, you have robbed me of any excuse to even care about you."

"You see little Elf... the difference between the Grind and I, is that the Grind is apathetic. That is a huge problem when dealing with annoying mortals... if proof is needed just look at you... but I am not as forgiving as the Grind."

"Know this fool! I have lived for countless millennia, I have seen things that your mind may never comprehend. What you have done here... I have seen it before... we are not different at all Elf... we both crave power and know what it means to have lost everything..."
    says Haggard with a hint of sadness, before all of a sudden reverting to his harsh tone.

"... unlike you though, I have rebuild my everlasting kingdom from the dust! I will not allow everything I have worked for to be lost again! Know this! The quest for power is perilous... it is a wonderful tool to have at your disposal... but careful that you don't end up a slave to the very power you wished to control..."

"... but keep it up... and I will personally demonstrate to you how there can be worst curses than simply not dying..."

And then Haggard feels the second Spark Well erupting.

"Abyss! Another one... but how and why..."

All of a sudden he eyes the Elder and pointing at him says

".... you..."

Haggard didn't know how, but he was convinced that the Elder was to blame.

"... are you that desperate to see me humbled that you would leave nothing of the world? What is the meaning of opening another Spark Well?"

he demands.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2009-04-02 at 03:41 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Eldern

"A secon- WHAT?"

The Eldern Elder seems suprised.

"That wouldn't be my fault..maybe you created it to combat my power? Trying to blame me, you evil creature. How dare you?! The wells of the worlds power are wasteful! You cannot waste them. You are nothing but a selfish creature. You only want me to quit using the power I have come upon so you may swoop in and steal it! You failure! You fiend!"

The Eldern Elder gave a dark glare.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Heh..."

All of a sudden in a blur of motion, Haggard charges at the Elder, and with one hand grabs him by the neck, lifting him up and bringing the Elder at eye level with his own eyes. Haggard hisses

"You may have stumbled upon how to wield the power of a god... but don't forget there are still much more powerful gods out there... and you happen to be looking at one of them..."

with that he starts to squeeze at the Elder's throat

"Are you so caught up in your arrogance little Elf, that you failed to listen to me? Well in that case be honoured! For this will be one of the rare occasions were you see Haggard repeating himself! I will not allow everything I have worked for to be lost again! The Spark Wells is not something to trifle with like a blundering child... the results... well... I assume you have already experienced the result..."

"What is that? Can't speak?"
    Says Haggard as he squeezes even harder at the throat

"Oh dear! I seem to forget that you mortals have a bad habit called 'breathing'... it can easily be fixed..."
    with that Haggard lets the Elder drop unceremoniously to the floor.

"Listen carefully little Elf. My offer still stands to you. Now you understand out of everyone my position. You have found power and lost everything in the process. However with some proper... guidance... you can learn how to wield that power. Come now! Do not look at me that way... I would rather teach a babe like you how to breath if it would mean that the world would remain in one piece..."

with that Haggard starts to depart

"... after all... a true king does need to rule over something!"
    and with that Haggard was gone, leaving the Elder alone to rule over his 'kingdom'.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Elder laid on the ground, gasping for air. He was an immortal being, but that didn't mean he could not be hurt. And he was just that...hurt. He couldn't breath, but he didn't die. The agony of the pain of being only able to live on without air. The pain of dieing without the release.

In silence he tried to think, his brain shutting down. What were the words to the regeneration?

Slowly the Elder began to breath.

"Bastard."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

Amoa

When the Eldern Elder had spoken with the voice of Ran Kang the Amoa had merely watched from the shadows, but as Haggard appeared they began to whoop and yowl, to mock and jeer, though the object of their sudden distaste was unclear. Waiting with the Amoa, a mind and a voice, disembodied from the world itself but no less powerful for it, waited and watched.

When Haggard disappeared, the Amoa began slipping through the shadows toward the Elder, until they surrounded his place in the shattered kingdom, so many of them merely standing and watching... and waiting.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Elder

The Eldern Elder looked out of the Palace, the court of the pillars.

"What on the black sun are you things?"

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Amoa

The Amoa gather around, and begin speaking. They speak as one, their minds linked so that the flow of thought is unbroken.

Sons of Lust
    Children Abandoned

Favored of They
    Who lost all Trust

But now Their Day
    Has long since passed

Reborn to Dreams
    We are the Last.

Forgotten no more
    More than we Seem.
    "

They all stopped, and one stepped forward. He seemed much the same as the others, there was nothing to mark him out from the rest of his kind accept for the sureness of his step, the confidence that bled from him.

"You are the Last of the First Borns First Friends. We claim this city as ours, that it might be favored with the flow of forms once more. Do you deny us, last of the Elven?"
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2009-04-02 at 06:51 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Eldern

The Elder looked down. Perhaps this would work. The city was once the cradle of the Elven Empire, and before that it was a forest of the Ents, were had the Ents gone?

Yes, the children of dreams would fill the city. But, not the center city. All others will be theirs. And, when sacrifices were required. They would not be of himself, but of the city. Yes. This would work. What do the elven owe the children of dreams? Nothing. The sacrifice of the the Elven Houses must never be forgotten. The Elder must be successful in bring the Gods low.

"Children of the Dream, please. Come, populate this city. I have only one request. Please, allow me my own bit of a city. The center city, the city of the the Elven Elders. A tribute to us. I will keep the city in good. You may have the other 14 cites, but this one...is mine. If you agree to this, you have my blessing to enjoy the city as you will."

The Elder's voice seemed, nice. However, it became harsh.

"If you do try to take MY city..there will be war."

The Elder raised his hand and spoke some words. The way window closed, sealing the elder in.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Amoa

The leader nodded. "It shall be so. Once more, sons of the Dream shall walk in the lands of the Elven, but this we will leave to you."

The Amoa began to depart, but a vast psychic voice shook in the minds of all the Amoa, a tumultous shout to all with the gift of the psion, but to the Elder there was merely silence as they went in seemingly random directions.

The mind-voice said, shouted, SCREAMED. "FOR NOW"

14. - Top - End - #284
    Bugbear in the Playground

Millions of men marched in formation, an army of unimaginable proportions. Men in red power armor wielded a million different weapons, covered in arcane runes and blood. Battlemages on canines marched in stoic silence alongside them, spells at the ready. They scoured the surface of whatever uninhabited worlds they could find. Those worlds that were inhabited either joined them or were subjected to a war that could last for centuries, decades, days, or hours, depending solely on how long the warriors wanted to wage war.

Massive artificed machines of war rolled, walked, or crawled above and around the armies, crushing all that opposed them. They were machines of war, stream-lined and smoothed and covered in spikes and chains and arrows and machines of death and pain.

Two gods sat overlooking this all- the first was a massive warrior. He was seemingly a monster, chitinous armor somehow mixed with angry gray metal, arcane designs blazed onto the white armor, six arms, two holding shortswords that dripped acid and fire, two holding a greatsword that glowed with divine power and arcane spells, and the bottom two were their own weapons, started at the wrists with curved retractable bones jutting out, covered in tiny raised spikes all the way down to the fingers, which ended in talons and claws.

The second was a man only three-quarters the height of the other, even at seven feet tall. His skin glowed blow with arcane marks blazed up and down, his robes and cloaks a variety of different colors. Stones of power floated about him. They sat on a high rock overlooking the armies transverse this world, one which had dared to do a thing which was considered the ultimate sin of the Varin: invade Hallard, their home plane.

Varin and his divine cohort Derek overwatched the destruction of the world that tried to threaten Hallard. Varin sighed and planeshifted away from the site. Derek frowned and followed.

They both reappeared in the Great Library of Hallard, a city sized fortress for the collection and storing of magics of all kinds. Varin stared at a 3-D representation of the known Existance. Though the worlds that his people had even contacted were a mere pittance, Varin felt no real challenge from any of the worlds.

Derek approached him, hands clasped behind his back. “Feeling bored?' He asked.

Varin sighed. “Yes.”

Derek nodded. “Well, there is one Universe that has, well, defied all of my efforts at scrying.”

Varin arched an eyebrow, but continued to stare at the map. “And?”

“Well, I belive it may be possible to cause a small tear in this universe's seal, however, only divine presence would be able to get through.”

Varin turned to Derek and smiled. “Ah, it's been some time since I've been able to exercise.”

Derek shook his head. “I'm not sure about the stability of the seal, so any entities of our power may completely collapse this universe.”

Varin swore. “Well, what can we do?”
    “Avatar.”

“Avatar?”

“Avatar.”

“Ah, yes. Avatar” Varin smiled viciously.

Days later
    Varin and Derek stood at the edge of the Universe, watching the complex arcane seals they had developed slowly burn a hole in the seal. A small portal opened, and

“NOW!” Derek shouted. The two gods poured a small amount of their essence into the hole.

“It's done?” Varin asked.

“Yes.” Derek said as he nodded his agreement. Varin smiled, and the two gods turned and left.
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

In front of Ahkmotehpt, a formal looking legal letter opens in front of him.

Spoiler
    Show

"You have been been found guilty on the charges of harassment, incitement to riot, assault, reckless endangerment, and numerous war crimes including the use of biological weapons.

You have been sentenced to perform no less than 50 hours community service, harassing the entity known as Haggard."

Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

16. - Top - End - #286

Ran Kang

A rain cloud could be spied from his vantage point at the hole, a pleasant morning rain that he used to enjoy when still he could walk the World. He wiped a tear from his eye, and gazed at it over long, it boiled and turned to steam, and flew off into the Astral Sky.

“How strange a thing…creating something new from something that already was…a novel concept for one such as we don’t you think?”

Ran asked to no god present in particular

“I have laid with many things of the world and the Astral Sky…but only the Amat are my own creation, and they are not of me but from me!”

Ran cried out in dismay

“But to make another flame…to make another fire to blaze into this world…would those others call me fool? No….they would call it folly!”

And Ran Kang took the spirit of a passing Amat before he was reborn and pointed to the god of life, for he could see the energies he had used to draw even his own people to the cycle he had made

“How now God! You rebirth my children into the world without so much as asking my permission or introduction! Your rudeness is distressing! But worry not for I am not enraged! For all I ask is that you give grant me jurisdiction over my own peoples dead as I had before your birth! They may stay within your cycle for now, and forever even after my Kingdom is set upon the sky!”

Ran then smiled and toyed with the spirit, curling his flames around her and whispering soft words to her, allowing it to keep her company. And for the spirit years passed in the realm of the gods, and she grew large with child, for Ran Kang was of the kind to sleep with any and all that lay in his seat. And the spirit returned to the cycle the god of Life had made, but her child born in the cold Astral Sky remained.

“Zenis! You are born into this cruel world! Arise and look down at your mother, and know she loves you above all things, for you are divine! I your father Ran Kang welcome you too this world, where I am of fire you are of what I shall claim as ice! My Words…their parts are yours but the full entirety are for me and myself alone! Take no steps on your mother, for she loves all but is fragile!”
    My Current Works

17. - Top - End - #287
    Barbarian in the Playground

Isle of Nomads
    Contact was on the southwest part of the island. The jolt that made the island buck and shudder was from the beginning of it. The source was not discovered for nearly a week. The Preachers had spoken of it, but elucidate on the location of it was not one of their actions. A Runner passing by noticed the hills that didn't used to be there, the scattered dirt and gravel, the upheavel of the the very ground. They took word to the next band they came to. From there, the band decided to head that direction -- something dramatic enough to change the landscape was worth exploring. So south they treked, travelling over plains and through thatches of woods for several days, until they came upon a dusty range of hills that seemed rather brutally formed. All around, there was loose dirt scattered on the ground. To the east, in the previously unmarred cliff face, there was an ugly... gash. It looked as if something had ripped aside rock and stone as one might rip bread. They made camp there, at the base of the hills. The following morning, twelve of the band set out through the hills to find out what had happened. It was change, not just for the Nomads, but for the world.

Passing through the gash was entering a different world. Here was almost all rock and stone, cliff and gorge. That, though, was immaterial. As the party emerged from the other side of the gash, they spotted something else. Something not rock or stone. Tents. Structures. They had been alone on the Isle so long... Their approach was cautious and tenative, half-trying to be stealthy, partly arguing among each other what to do, each mind wondering who could be in the tents. Soon enough, their imaginations were moot.

There were, in fact, five tents in the small ring. It was from the largest of these that the first figures emerged. The entire party, as one, halted and gaped.

He was a four-legged creature, perhaps superfically similar to horses, if seen from a great enough distance. The party of Nomads were not that far away. They could see the thick, column-like legs, glistening beneath the sun. It had hooves, large hooves, they could tell as they neared, twice as large a man's hand it seemed. Those too shone, making a tac'ing sound as they rang against rocks on the ground. The body was broad and thick, not giving nearly the appearance of speed, of a life of running, so much as it seemed to be a tree trunk, a body of muscle. It turned, and very apparently made out the approach of the small party. A gruff noise rang out, and from another tent two more came out. The party started again slowly, trying to avoid any sort of... misunderstanding. The three figures from the tents began moving out, towards the party. As they grew closer, the people could see more clearly the strangers, could see how their skin seemed to be the very rock of the soil -- craggy, rough, and hard. All four legs seemed to bend, like human knees, but more stiffly -- or perhaps these creatures were just elderly. Their.. chests? were nearly completely bare -- indeed, none of the creatures wore anything that could really be considered clothing. There was a coarse fur all along their body, serving as an alternative clothing. They possessed two arms, coming out of the side of their broad and thick chest, each arm adorned with fur and something further. Atop each chest was what must be their heads. It was not the round face of a gnome or human, or the slim angular of the elf. The face was rock, hard lines, vaguely square in shape. Two eyes were dark pits, craters in the landscape. The nose was a hill with no nostril openings -- only small slits. One of the thick arms, larger than a sapling, raised up, and the three creatures stopped, perhaps ten paces from the party.

"Greetings, Sons of Ehlid." A voice of gravel, of rock and stone, thick-tongued... but intelligible. "We have been told of you, the Noma. Welcome to our lands."

4-3 DP=1 DP (Create Race).

18. - Top - End - #288
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Taronachi-The Fleshy Mass
    Disaster struck the Peninsula of Flesh.

First was the curse of Nephyr Tagae. At first, Taronachi raged, resisting the curse of the life god. But soon, he relented. He forgave. Nephyr Tagae did not yet understand the One-Armed God's beauty; and why should he? The vampires were hideous creatures. They were not sculpted by Taronachi's divine hand. They were but crude copies of even cruder works. It angered Taronachi that they had been defaced, but he could not truly blame the life god, either.

Dozens of fledgling vampires were burnt to ash in the first few moments of the curse, others were left horribly scarred. The survivors ran to their huts, waiting for the burning sun to subside. At night, or when the dark sun of Slade was high, the vampires ventured out again to drink the blood of the land. They pleaded with their god to reverse this curse, but all he said was: "Your flesh is imperfect. It is no concern of mine."

The vampires began to work, erecting great walls to blot out the burning sun. Digging deep into the flesh of the world, they pulled up great planks of bone and layers of skin. They stacked these bones together like wood, creating a pearly-white mockery of the ancient elven homes of House Starlight. The vampires built themselves the Citadel of Bones, and sealed themselves up inside it, hiding themselves from the light.

(Tier 2 Power: Build a Settlement)

As the vampires raised the last wall of the Citadel of Bones, the second disaster struck, a greater one that finally raised a response from their dread god. The flesh of the land split and cracked, blazing with elven magic.

The Eldern Elder's magic left an echo of the great forest, and strange shapes lingered in the flesh of the world. Taronachi reached down with his withered hand and cut these shapes out, as if cutting rot from a piece of fruit. The light-touched flesh turned to panther-like shapes, and these panther-like shapes in turn became warped and twisted within Taronachi's grasp.

The One-Armed God smiled with broken teeth, and loosened his grip on the creatures. Their twisted, ever-shifting forms pleased him, and he named them displacer beasts. "Behold," he said to his vampires, "While Nephyr Tagae's curse still stands, I have created these beautiful beasts to guard you as you slumber. Your flesh is weak, but so long as you worship me, it shall not wither."

(Spawn Monstrous Creature)

Though Taronachi spoke comfortingly to his children, he knew that they were in grave danger. Hated by Nephyr Tagae, haunted by the Eldern's folly, he knew his grasp on this world was tenuous at best. He would have to leave soon, and study the phenomena of these Spark Wells, or he would risk losing every bit of beloved art.

(1-1(Spawn Monstrous Creature)=0 DP, Spawn Monstrous Creature: Displacer Beast)
    (Vampires use their Tier 2 Power to create a settlement [2 FP])
    Last edited by Kinneus; 2009-04-03 at 02:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sequinox View Post
    Disturbing incarnate.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

a cold wind blows as ran kang is speaking, and just as suddenly stops leaving behind thousands of crystals of ice which form into Zenis. " I appreciate you birthing me, truly, i am honored to meet you. And i will take care of this world. in my own unique way. but my way my differ from your way. by how much? who knows. but i am afraid that i will have to limit contact between us, seeing as i find fire...abhorrent. so farewell...father. and with those somewhat ominous words, Zenis left with a gust of cold wind.

sometime later...
    "this world is to warm" zenis mused out loud,"much to warm for my plans... and as he said there it was a glacier at the northern most point of the world, radiating outward in a circle.
    but the glacier would not support his mortal followers, so he made a cold plain(tundra)surrounding the glacier that would support basic plant life.

(2-2=0) shape land: glacier, shape land:tundra
    (ooc: nothing personal Innis. and i believe i just made the north pole, next time raise exarch: santa claus. )
    Last edited by Mordos; 2009-04-05 at 04:38 PM.
    A wall was here. Now it is dust.

A tower rose here. Now it is fallen.

An army fought here. Now it is dead.

Chances are, a wizard did it.

20. - Top - End - #290

The energy from the two gods gathered together and gave itself form, function, power.

This new god, the Avatar of Varin landed on the Astral plane. He looked about, and began to wander, looking for other gods.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

21. - Top - End - #291

Ran Kang

Ran Kang smiled as his first son left for parts unknown.

“Abhorrent? Maybe…but we are all free to do as we please. Hope you won’t get lost in this world…The Grind will hunt you down no doubt…but you don’t care because like ice you’ve melted, evaporated and have been forgotten”

(No prob ;D)
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2009-04-03 at 03:08 PM.
    My Current Works

22. - Top - End - #292

Varin continued to wander the Astral Plane, searching for other gods. Finally, he approached one, who seemed to be some sort of odd fire god. Varin heard the very last part of his speech. His language is more than a little odd. Varin thought to himself as he approached the god. "Hail, friend. I am Varin. Who are you?"
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293

Ran Kang

Ran Kang sat at the hole, merely biding his time until his spark had replenished, and perhaps for the other gods to take note of the actions of other gods that did in fact walk the world. That was until the next strange god moved through what he had claimed as his domain, and hailed him. His form was strange and forgien to Ran Kang, and Ran Kang could do naught but be on guard against the new comer

“Hail to you Varin, I am Ran Kang the Lord of Flame and Father of the Words. And now guardian of this hole. And you are really? Your name means so little to creatures such as us.”
    My Current Works

24. - Top - End - #294

Varin smiled. "Ah, but is it not our actions that truly define us? Our domains, our interactions with the mortals? Does it matter if one group of mortals calls me Varin and one calls me Il-Lac? I sense a great deal of wisdom in you, good sir, and I do not wish to offend you on this matter."
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295

Ran Kang

Ran Kang’s form suddenly becomes sinuous and long like a serpent, slowly coiling in the air toward the new godling that had appeared in the land he had claimed.

“Are we not creatures of power? Can we not change that which we are? Can we not grow as our children grow? Can we not raise our station from petty godling to powerful and noble creature? The name is not important, but the name the Universe, my Words…they all call you but one thing, and that –is- what you are. No god can escape that, no spark, no creature, nothing in this universe…for it is the will of the universe that you keep that name.

But worry not, for the universe is forgiving, and your name changes as does the tide of a beach. I ask not what mortals call you or what your deeds are for them, for they shall be evident in your actions and gods as we need not speak of action but must instead carry it forth by blade and song!”

Ran Kang suddenly seems to appear fully before the god, his shape and form that as it was when Varin first spied him, his body seeming to flow along the sinuous god flesh seconds before.

“For there are those who would call me fool, and others that would call me wise…but these words are of my making, so should all not simply call me Ran Kang, Son of The Grind and brother to the Dreamer? Creator of the Green Friends of the World and Lord of Flame? Father of the Amat and he who gave Words to that which had no voice? Would that not be more accurate then simply Fool or Wiseman? What say the World to such claims? Does it matter to it that others would call it solid or soft? Or perhaps others call it weak and cruel? Does it cease its rotation merely for the words of another? No World I know would do such things, for that is not the nature of the World. Nor is it the nature of a god to cease his desires simply because one called itself something other then what the universe claims it to be. Should one bemoan the petty godlings that seek to destroy? Or should they take their blade and strike out!”

Ran lets out a mighty yell, producing a blade made of glass and bone, his voice raising in pitch

“Should a god such as we say forgive me for my sins? Or should we instead take them and make them ours and burn them in our flesh so all can see we move on with our existence! Who are they to claim Fool or Wiseman when they themselves see only one or the other and not both? Are you the sort to see only one when the Words clearly make more then ten, or fortey or even one billion!? Or are you the kind that would say “I see you! All numbers who are brought forth in charity and wonder, and acknowledge your creation and love you for it!"

Ran Kang hovers back a few steps, his eyes wild, spit and blood frothing at his grinning lips, his body heaving from excitement.
    My Current Works

26. - Top - End - #296

Varin simply sat staring at Ran Kang for a moment. This god is completely insane.

Varin frowned. I believe that you are making an issue of that which is nothing. I am new here, so I don't know your ways or this world. Are names and titles important here? I do not know."
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297

Ran Kang

Ran Kang smiles, shaking his head

“Not at all. There is nothing important in this world, for The Grind has decreed it so. And that is why I struggle here at this hole, to make sure…no…to promise the world itself that there will be meaning in its existence. But to know something you must ask it what it is. To see the world for what it is you must lay with it. Do so before you call me wise, fool, or any other word you have within you to claim me as something that you cannot understand. You should return from where you came…it is safer there for you. A friendly warning…for there are creatures here who seek only to use you.”
    My Current Works

28. - Top - End - #298

Varin arched an eyebrow. "First of all, I am used to dealing with manipulators and decievers. Secondly, who is this Grind?"
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299

Spoiler
    Show
    Deth Ashen Bastion Basement

Deth looks at the form and nods to himself. I created you to balance a creation by mistake. I wanted to see if I could over come Duma and reach the next level of perfection. With out a word the Sphere of Adamantium is put up by the clockwork. I wished to see if I could create a suit of amour, not that I would ever need such, and see if dead Duma still had power and if I could tap it. Now that you are... For give me. I have flawed. A frown crosses his face. I am Deth the Forge Master, do not call me creator if anything call me brother. For I do see even thought I did make your body and birth you to this place, that you have your own perfection and flaws.

I see in you I have expressed my search for the perfection of battle, for the dance that is death. I will put no bonds on you for what I have done beyond that of friendship and brotherhood if you would consent. I have much to do and so little time and would only ask that if it suits you to help protect my chosen children. I plan to make a protector children to help and protect my children of the craft. But events seem to out pace me. In time I will create them, but till then if you can help them I am sure if you choose a children of your own what mine know and can craft will help them. As I made your body so can my children make bodies of iron for them.

Ord, Ashen Bastion Basement
    "That can be done." With a salute, Ord leaves Deth's forge, finding a place he can see the mortal world from.

Ord, Astral Sky
    Ord stares at the world, but is unable to see detail except for a massive horde of monkeys marching across the land. Clearly, he didn't have as much control over his perception as the older gods. He could only see things clearly that fell under his domain, at least for now. With a little searching, Ord found the children of Deth, the Scorponar. The Conqueror decided it would be best to create his followers now, making sure that his only ally's race did not come under attack by others. They would aid his war effort in the future. For the first time since his creation, Ord felt doubt. He did not know how to form a new race, nor to handle the Spark. Shaking away the doubt, Ord gathers his energy, drawing from his clockwork heart the Spark, the very essence of the gods. Realizing he needed a canvas of sorts to shape into his soldiers, Ord gazed across the world. Elves? No... too frail. Gnomes were too weak. Humans...

Ord set his sights on the humans. They were simple. Adaptability was their sole strength. Ord took just a few humans to be the first of his new race. He poured Spark into them, making them stronger, and tougher. They would be bloodthirsty, seeking to fight for the sake of fighting itself. Visions of massive armies conquering the world filled Ord's mind. They would need a name of course. Something simple, but something that described them well. Why not something similar to my own name? What else would tell their purpose? Ords would just be too vain, even for a god. But Orcs... That suits them.

Ord suddenly realized he had let the Spark continue warping the humans while his mind wandered. He quickly stopped the power he was sending to them but the damage was done. The orcs stupidly looked around their surroundings, unsure of where they were. Ord cursed, the last of his Spark and his anger causing a lightning strike near his new race. The orcs soon started running from the lightning, trying to find what little cover they could . His race was strong, but idiotic and cowardly. Well, it was too late to fix the problem. Ord was drained of power, his own divine Spark used up to forge this new race. He would have to rest, and give himself time to regain his power. As an afterthought, Ord sent a vision to the newly formed orcs. Masses of them in full battle array, guarding a small group of Scorponar from an unseen threat. The orcs fought to the death, and managed to eliminate the attack. The few cowards who ran were ripped apart, showing the orcs the consequences of failing to protect the Scorponar.

Their purpose given, Ord returns to viewing the world, pondering over how to create an army out of the undisciplined and stupid orcs. He caught a last glimpse of them searching for the Scorponar. At the least, Ord had repaid any favors he owed to Deth for his birth. His Scorponar had protectors now. Sitting back to rest and watch the world, Ord realized he didn't have a weapon. Shaping what little spark he had, he formed a heavy flail, but because he had little power left, it was more for decoration then anything. It would fall apart if it was used in true combat.

DP: 3-3=0 (Create Race: Orcs)

30. - Top - End - #300

The eternal pesteror sat on his throne, and pondered. If he was going to annoy the islands, he'd have to have something amphibious. So he took a frog, and a fish, and slapped the fish with the frog, and the frog with the fish, and then slapped them together. After many slappings, the ultimate annoyance came about: A slimy fish-frog-man-thing that had razor sharp teeth, big huge eyes, slimy smooth skin, and four-fingered hands. He called his creation...<.<...>.>...MURLOCS!!!!!
    "Teh Murlocz beh UBERZORZ!" Ahkmotept said as he through them into the world's oceans, ready to annoy the living bajesus out of those across the sea "MRUAGRGRGRGRGRGRGRGRGRGLE!"

(6dp-3dp for spawn monster: Murlocs)
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker