New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation III

Illithids

The figure that was shimmering ceased doing so, returned to the murky form of it's companion once more. The space where the shadowed figures likely had eyes seemed to harden slightly, but also effect an air of amusement. A voice echo through the lone elfs mindscape, intangible and ineffable. "We are who we are. And you are alone, child of the forest. Tell us, where are you from in this place, what are your kind called, what are you called?"
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2009-03-15 at 05:00 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The random Elves.

"We are the proud and few non-housed elven. We hold the traditions of the pre-house elven. We do not live in the cites...and me? I'm Menthor Ur'Eldern"

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Illithids

The two hooded shrouds turned to one another, and seemed to communicate a second before turning back. "Indeed. Tell us of these "houses". Are there many of them? How many cities do they have? Do many of these... House Elves leave their cities? do any?"

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ahnklings

"Hai that wasn't very nice!" One of the ahnklings said, picking himself up from that psychic blast "We just wanna be friends".
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Deth
    While waiting for Dad to finish his business elsewhere Deth moves over to a window and looks out over the world below. Studying it for a time before speaking to no one but him self really.

So many flaws. It speaks of too many hands in the mix. Will one more make it worse or offer a perfection to strive for? It can not be helped a standard should be set. Let the others see what they could have done and know what they can strive for.

Deth reaches out first to the desert drawing off some of it's essence, it heat, its dryness, its inhospitality. Next he reaches to-wards the mountain taking some of it's solidness, it depth, from its deepest depths some of it's heat. Finally he reaches to-wards the forest taking just a bit of it's life, the hardest of it will to live and grow and adds it to the mix. He works it like clay between his hands kneading it and mixing it. Never looking at the "clay" in his hands as works it with smooth clean expert moves.

It needs to be a place that will test them, push them, make them strive for perfection, a proving grounds. It will be harsh but no so hard as to be a guaranteed death for them. It will be a forge to make them stronger better.

Deth's fingers begin to deftly form canyons and ravines. Pulling tall Hoodoos tower over gullies making the land very hard to traverse, but offering many places for small creatures to hide. This will make hunting a challenge here but will be used to home his creatures skills, both against their food and each other.

Looking down on his creation, he sees its perfection as well as it flaws. Some of those will be fixed soon, some he will have no hand in fixing. Satified with what he has done he cast the model from the window and watches it fall to become part of the land below.

Edit: Helps to finish the post and show my points useage.
    (Shape Land: 1 DP 2=3-1 I think this is how it works.)
    Last edited by shadowmage; 2009-03-16 at 10:08 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground

Siahrie

The Questioner had been thinking. It was not fair, she thought. Why would they have to be different? She could do things too, weaving meaning and being into one, creating supreme beings. She could. Or at least so she thought.

Siahrie found the dryads, the ancestors of the elves, and whispered to them: "Tenders of the trees, why do you neglect the rest of the world? As you serve your masters, the ents of the forest, the rest of the world is bare and lone. Come with me, tenders. Come with me, helpers. I shall guide you, give you meaning, lead you to your true destiny..."

She continued whispering to them, all the while she worked her powers on a few of them. Gradually, they grew shorter of statue, and their tree-like features slowly faded. Instead, they were replaced by those of the mountains - Their teeth became sharp rocks, their eyes gemstones, their muscles like wind-carved cliffs and ears like those of bats. Suddenly, they looked towards the mountain, and as one they chanted: "Veil the caves, mine the gems, bind the crystals, hide the home," on and on, while they as one marched towards the great caves that would be their home.

Beget Race - Gnomes
    "You know you count as artillery when it would be easier to use divination magic to locate your target than a spot check"
    Thanks to CrimsonAngel for the awesome avatar

7. - Top - End - #127

Nephyr Tagae, the astral sky

With the creation of the first life it had begun to form, as more and more life was created by the gods the phenomenon grew in size and power. At first a unnoticeable speck, but it kept growing. As the beings encountered new life, gave birth and died it grew. Eventuallt it stopped growing. Shining with it's sheeer power... then it started to collapse, slowly becoming pale and cracked. Crumbling.

Eventually it died. Falling until it hit ground in the astral sky and began to wither, slowly disentigrate and becoming a fine layer of dust. As the final piece of it fell apart and became dust a wind started to blow. Lifting all the dust it started to spin, sending all of the fine particles together in the centre. Shaping it. The motion became blurred and a booming voice, both female and male at the same time, sounded throughout the Astral Sky.

That which is dust must be born. That which is born must grow. That which grows must apex. That which reaches it's apex must stagnant. That which grow stagnant must fall. That which falls must die. That which dies must become dust.

I am that cycle, the forever repeating. I was dust... thus I am born.

With that sentence, the winds died down. The dust fell to the ground as the robed bald child stepped forward with shaking legs. The skin was glowing with a bright golden colour and the eyes burning with bright white flames. Desperatly searching for something to grab on to support himself on but finding nothing.

Nephyr Tagae fell flat on his stomach, his head was spinning of so many vivid images rushing through his head, so many feelings and senses. He had no sense of direction, he barely knew who he was. Lying struggling in the astral sky. He rolled over onto his back and closed his eyes. The images died out, vanished from his mind, leaving him with nothing but his own thoughts.

He slowly sat up, brushing some dust off his robe. He took a deep breath and tried to sort what he was. He was Nephyr Tagae, the god of life. He knew he had just been born... or was it reborn? Perhaps it was the same.
    He opened his eyes and the images came all rushing back, filling his mind again. But this time he felt he had control over it. He thought of birth and saw the birth of a thousand beings of every species existing. He thought of food and felt a thousand beings eat. He thought of walking and saw a thousand beings walk, some their very first steps and some their very last.

He then thought of where he was... and then he saw only through his own eyes. He looked around at his surroundings briefly and then he carefully stood up, his legs still shaking but now he felt he could stand and walk on them. He took a few steps and then... then he saw the world and thought of it... and then all the life in the world filled his mind.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ran Kang

Ran Kang looked down at the world…and breathed a sigh of consternation. He wished to speak with his father…the all father…The Grind. But what would he say? What would he do to show The Grind he was dedicated to his people…to the world it had made…he then gazed down, and saw his people practicing the arcane arts he had taught them. The Amat were growing strong, were growing powerful. But the world was in turmoil and it was only time before the world gazed at the still young race, left without their creator for so long. He wanted to change that. To give them a defense that no other would had. To…to place them where his birds were!

And he scooped the ground from the oceans. And he crafted the grand land into an island apart from the crystal blue landscape. And the island soared breaking from the lands of the Ilithids, and rose high into the air, and hung there as if to state to all that Ran Kang had returned. And at the center of this land, he shaped a great lake so that his people would have fresh water, and saw their huts…and wished they would grow stronger here on their new land. And he showed them how to use the forest and the fields that they dwelled in to feed them.

And he then stood in the world and swept his hand wide, the host of his fiery servants attending him in the space of the Astral Sky

“Do you see Father? Though I slumbered I dreamed as my brother would ask! I have thought of a world united through passion! I will have my creatures spread the words of my Magic, and they will know the Art of this world! Did you forget where I slumbered?!”

He shook his blade at nothing in particular

“And I will plunge your world into the heat of lust! Drive the other lesser creatures to feast until bursting! All so you will see that your children are but your only true legacy!”

(Shape Land? -1, Shape Land -1, Teach Populous(Gathering, Cultivating) 3-3 DP)
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Slade: The Dark Sun

Slade sent his pet away to stay with the Shay Al' Ghoul, he was in one of his rare moods and decided to have some fun. Slade held out his arms palms up and with an enormous BOOM he clapped his hands together and out of this tremendous explosion came a great wailing. A wailing of sorrow as even to his godly vision they were almost indistinguishable from the darkness surrounding them. Wraiths came into being upon the dark sun.

Slade saw his minions and actually smiled. So he took vicious in his hand and cut his palm. Squeezing his hand till blood flowed freely. Slade them grabbed one of his grim reapers and a wraith and using the power in his blood made a new being. Slade ground and molded in his hands and when he finished he jumped into the air and with all of his might threw his newest creation nearly complete straight at the ground of the Dark Sun. This cause untold havoc and earthquakes that seemed to make the land grow in size. Out of the crater that was left emerged a being unlike anything anyone had ever seen, or in this case not seen as it was completely invisible to anything save a true god. this invisible assassin was made of air, and apparently had quite an attitude with anything that could sense its presence or intruded upon its territory. You are my greatest defense my invisible stalkers you are ordered to patrol the dark sun for any outsiders and call upon your fellow monsters and kill them for I give unto you the power of authority over all monsters in this place only so long as you serve me.

Then as Slade sent off the stalkers of his realm out of his shadow did arise none other than a shadow version of, well, himself and it sat up and said HI as it waved childishly.

Slade spoke what the S**T?

It rose and smiled at him and said master I serve you for now and ever.

Well then....... go get me a beer while i figure out what to do with you.

and away the shadow went. Slade sat knuckled his temple and thought very carefully how the hell this kettle of crap happened. Slade thought...... it had to be.... or maybe.....oh but then....but that would lead to.....of course....NOW I GET IT!

Then the shadow of Slade returned with a can of beer gave it to Slade with a bow and a here is your beer master.

Slade took it popped it open and drank it down in one go. then he said so your one of mine and i need to give you a job. Well as i didn't make you with a purpose do you have an idea of what you would do for me?

I an truly grateful master for this opportunity however i can only tell you my strengths and not my purpose.

I have powers of stealth and silence and can go anywhere I choose and have the ability to hid in the shadows of others to control them for a short period. However, as you of course know I am limited to non gods in that respect. i would gladly serve any service you would choose. bowing respectfully

Slade stoked his chin ion thought.

You shall be my spy network. You and yours will collect for me any information on the doings of mortals or gods that you can find and report back to me with it. However!, your primary job is to give me forewarning on any movement onto my realm and to hamper that movement as best you can. In doing this you shall please me and earn your right to be by my side.

Yes master I and mine shall do as you have commanded.
    Thus the shadows left to do the work assigned to them

And Slade deciding that he had enough resources to deal with any problems decided to have a party on the dark sun and to prevent any gate crashers he cause the darkness that was emitted by the dark sun to solidify around it allowing only beings of shadow to pass through as shadow now matter how hard and thick is as air to another shadow. He sealed the dark sun shut from all beings even gods. Slade had a rather nasty thought so in glowing runes written in a magical language readable by all who could get close enough as the print was very small was written over and over again in lines wrapping all the way around the dark sun was Party Zone Keep out or DIE

Spoiler
    Show
    DP1= 4+1 for great worship=5 5-1 spawn monstrous creature wraith, 4-1 spawn monstrous creature invisible slayers, 3-1 shape land increase dark sun by 300 Sq miles, 2-1 spawn monstrous creature shadows.
    LoC:AP 7/DR 3/Ps-1/Pt-4/Pw-1/S-2/WS: 0
    Domain taps-Artifice 2 free +1
    Domain ap artifice - 2
    Artifacts-Staff of Seven charges=1
    Creations-helping hands, sand worms, phantom messengers
    Ninjas rule
    come have some fun

http://apps.facebook.com/naruto_app/...token=req_team

10. - Top - End - #130

Nephyr Tagae, Astral Sky

That which mere moments ago had seemed so overwhelming was now feeling entirely different. Nephyr Tagae gazed upon the world and took a step back and thought to himself.
    So empty... a void with only few bright sparks of life. I must fill it with life, make it vibrant and vivid

He felt he stepped on something and looked down to see the dust he had sitten in and brushed off his robe earlier. He scooped some of it up with his hand and looked at it, studied the tiny particles lying in his palm. He felt disappointed that it was not alive, if it had been he would have hurled it into the world and filled the gaping voids of the seas and the lands. But it was not.
    The god of life studied the dust for a moment, watching as it reflected light.
    If only you lived I'd let you feed of the air and the mere light

What happened next startled him, the dust in his hand changed shape and colour, and he felt a tiny spark of life from within it. It was weak and could not live long without his help. He looked around, desperatly trying to find something which to use to protect it, something to prevent it from drying and becoming dust again.

He looked down upon the world and saw the wild waters. He hurled his new creation into it to protect it and watched it as it absorbed water and started to grow and spread throughout it.

Yes, that is perfect. You shall live in the waters dust-beings, live and grow. Provide a foundation for all future life of the waters, the most basic of life and food. Living off nothing but the sunlight and the water.

The god of life looked happily over the seas as his new creation grew in it, but he looked over the land and thought of it as empty. He looked around and saw more dust and walked over to it and scooped it up. With his mind he lifted it from his hand so that it hovered before his eyes and then he tried shaping the dust into life with his will.

I want you to have many shapes so that you may live anywhere on the ground. To spread as larger life steps on you or eat you and spread when the wind rushes between each you.

He saw the dust take shape before his eyes.

Where it is to dry for you to grow you shall remain hidden until moisture finds you. Where it is too cold you shall remain until it becomes warmer.

He saw how the dust started to shape itself to long straws before him, some with clear visible seeds and some without them.

I name you grass, you shall spread across all the lands above the seas and grow. You shall provide life with food, some aspects of you more than others. Your many shapes shall provide you with the ability to live anywhere

He then gathered the grass in his hand and with a deep breath he blew the plants out over the lands in the world, allowing it to seed anywhere. In time the life in the world would learn to use it as food. Some would graze of it, others would cultivate it's larger forms such as wheat, rye, rice or maize.

He smiled as he felt that the world became richer with life. There was still much to do but this was a good start. Happy with his work the good of life started to wander through the astral sky, to explore and learn his surroundings. As he began walking he vaguely became aware of a weak squeaking noice behind him, but as he turned around he saw nothing. He tried to ignore it for now and kept exploring the astral sky.

Create animals (algae) - 1 dp
    Create animals (grass*) - 1 dp

3 - 2 dp = 1 dp

*Including larger types of grass such as wheat, rye, oats, barley, rice, maize, bamboo and sugarcones.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Grind

The Grind turned to Ran Kang as much as the sky could turn. The Grind seemed to be smiling, but how exactly does one measure such things?

"You are beginning to understand. You will learn. Everyone will learn."

The Grind seemed content. Yes, it was content.

The Elven hangin' with Uncle Squid-lips

Meekly the elf spoke.

"There are thirteen elven houses, one in exile for disrespect to the Gods. Each house has it's own city, and the greatest House Eldern has three or four. We are numerous."

He doesn't seem nervous at all, why should he be?

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

12. - Top - End - #132
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Bilanist

As Bilanist watched the world change and saw his sons and daughters, the Sahuagin grow, he realized how unstable the planet was, he had to make sure a steady ocean began so that he could have a place for his mortals to call home. He reached out with his will creating a vast ocean, nearly 200 miles of pure vast oceans came alive. Parts of it shallow and gentle, other parts deep, so deep than no land creature could ever walk along its floor, and nearly the entire surface was vastly chaotic, going from smooth to raging storm sized swells in mere minutes. It was a perfect creation. But being so perfect it needed a guardian, Bilanist expended still more of his power and in the deepest trench of the new ocean, in the pure darkness that nothing cold pierce, a creature stirred. It rosequickly to the surface, incredibly vast, the Kraken rose.

It was nearly 200 ft long from the tip of its head to its longest spine covered tentacles. It was a joy to behold, as it swam through the new ocean. Bilanist smiled to himself and felt content with his work for the time.

Spoiler
    Show

Shape land x2 -2 DP
    Create Monster -1 DP

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Illithids

The one Illithid shimmered again in the elves mind, as the other one spoke once more. "Numerous you say? Yes, this is most fortunate, we have found the source we have sought. Now, you're going to do us a little favor, but I wouldn't worry yourself over it, it's not like you'll know you're doing it." And with that, both the shrouded forms, shimmered and disappeared.

The Illithid looked upon the creatures, and they smashed their minds to rubble with powerful psionic blasts, again and again, before claiming their minds as they had the elf. Then the two Illithids leaned forward, and grasped the creatures with their four arms, their face-tentacles reaching toward the creatures heads. The tentacles burrowed through the chaos creatures heads into their brains, and the Illithids sucked them out of their cracked skulls.

As the two dead creatures dropped to the ground, the Illithids turned toward the vacant-eyed elf, who had been standing there, watching the whole time. One of the creatures turned to him. "Well, what are you waiting for? Get to it." And so the enthralled elf walked off to gather others of it's kind, as his mind was trapped, a powerless observer in his own head as his body walked onward.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

One Lone Flutter-mouse

After the reapers killing spree Rose returned home and squeaked…flying around her village….her empty village.

Tears fall from her eyes. “I Started out in life a carefree along with my swarm of adventurers…my family my friends…my people…my whole entire tribe gone…” …..she flew into her tree house…it is a tiny house that was hung by a tree branch…now on the ground by the tree…most of the beds…and everything in every room is shattered…completely in disarray. She crys picking up a flower that was dropped from a shelf in her room. “I was happy…looking at the world…carefree.. souring high on my wings as pretty as these flowers… life seemed wonderful as I looked to the future… my views now changed…” she wipes her tears and picks up leftover pieces of her home… “Now I see a different future….I will protect my people… I will not stand for anymore tribes of flutter mice like me getting hurt ever again…I will find a way…I will protect the pixie race from harm…Satu prince god of fae protect my tribes souls for me…I prey to you…hold them in a gentle embrace….let there souls be happy…as I start my new adventure…to find ways to protect my people…I just hope I find that way soon”

Satu

Watches Rose admiring her and also feeling depressed…. He feels bad about the whole thing…worried about her being alone in the world…finding answers…looking for hope…this could be a good thing for the flutter-mice to know…to watch out for things that would pick on them for being small…. He holds a bottle…..with the sleeping souls of the fae that died…with causes that would be proven to be….terrible and evil…humming a gentle song to his children.. “Rest well while I plan on making a plane just for you…I will eventually grant Rose’s wish…I will let you all rest for now…but soon you will rest and be free just in your happy days of birth…” speaks looking down at rose without letting his voice be heard by his children “I have plans for protecting your people….just wait and see but for now…I shall grant power to rose.” he looks down at the Leader Tribesman and he speaks to him with his voice yet again. to when he granted the power before with a smile. “Rose shall be the high-druid.. of your people for now…I see her heading towards your village again…when you see her greet her! And learn her ways…and hear her out listen to her She is now a leader just as much as a tribesman…and more…allow her to be the Co leader of very tribe...Ill pass this message to every tribesman...in a few moments...” Satu smiled and spoke to himself “That should keep her out of trouble…”
    Last edited by EvanMouse; 2009-03-18 at 09:54 PM.
    I'm just a kawaii mouse.. taking your cheese for my purpose of making grilled cheese sandwiches! ^_^

(HomeBrew Stuff ^_^ In spoiler below.)
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Human Capital

The humans were expanding at a fairly large rate. One of the benefits of a codified legal system, and democratically elected leaders was that a lot less time had to be spent getting revenge on those who do one wrong, and going to war in order to assume a position of authority.

Because of this, there was more time to develop specializations. Spend more time figuring out better ways of making pots and such.

The birthrate continued to increase. And so some of these new skills would be used in the construction of new buildings

Spoiler
    Show

Building stuff, for 1 more FP, bringing them up to 3. Ouch.

Having realized that it's such a vicious, nasty place out there, and how savage cruel gods continue to grow in significance, it might be a good idea to do something about them.

Holding his golden glove in the direction of the sun that is drawing in the light of the world, a light seems to be reflected. With his other hand, energy is poured in.

"From darkness, light. Fight on, Ehlid, bring forth freedom."
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2009-03-18 at 10:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Elven Cities

Choruses were chanted as the great pillars hummed, the third of the thirteen was being rose. It was a great pillar, made of gold. House Marko had found the gold in the great elemental sea and molded it with their minds.

This 'Mind Speech' was from the great dream of Urus, not the language of Ran Kang. The great pillar rose high and glittered in the star light. The Grind would soon bless them. All of them, and they would worship him eternally.

Three pillars stood. House Eldern's Pillar of Leadership. House Dark-Bloom's Pillar of Spite. House Marko's Pillar of Knowledge. Ten more were to be built, perhaps just nine more if House Drow would not repent.

This was a wondrous day.

The Grind

The Grind looked down at the world, the pillars of the Elven were wonders to behold, but nothing new to The Grind.

"House Marko is using this dream? Interesting."

The words of Ran Kang and the Dream of Urus had never been worked together before, but perhaps it could now. The Grind looked to the greatest master in House Marko, a master of the language of Ran Kang. A novice of the dream. Combining them quicker would be a good thing.

The Grind inspired something new. As he had done hundreds of times before. The Grind spoke a word, a word that echoed into the mind of all the members of House Marko.

"Na'Fariki"

Reality Benders, Mind Walkers, Dreamers of Dreams, Speakers of Words. They would be many things, but they could speak the words to change the world or dream their own reality. Both waking or sleeping House Marko was a force of power.

( 4 - 4 Create Concept (Cerebromancer now called the Na'Fariki) = 0 )

17. - Top - End - #137
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ran Kang

Ran began to laugh, placing a hand over his face

"Father! You steal such wonders from your sons! What will we think of you hmmmm? Your elves will need that yes? Already they are being gnawed at by such a hostile world! Give them to me! Let me show them the true feeling of warmth! Of my flame!"
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmage View Post
    Deth

Greetings Father. You have called me and I have come. Deth studies King Haggard seeing the state of perfection he has reached. Adding it to his own flaws seen in the Room of Reflection form a goal for his own next level of perfection that he must strive for. I will strive to match your perfection Father, thought i will never catch up with you for by the time I obtain your level I am sure you will have moved on to the next level, leaving me behind. That shall drive me to work all the harder to catch up and surpass you and prove me self even greater then the father.
    Haggard, the Ashen Bastion

Sitting on his throne, Haggard quietly studies Deth as he speaks. If anything Haggard had not called for this one and to make things worse... he was calling him 'father'? Haggard did not like that, in fact Haggard did not like this at all. Blood ties are so troublesome as far as he is concerned, always leading to demands of things such as birthrights and then issues of succession. Haggard had no use of such useless ties, and was about to throw Deth out of his castle when all of a sudden, an idea pops into his mind.

"Ah! I see you have finally arrived! It pleases me greatly that you wish to use my person as a role model. Indeed if more people tried to be like me, the world would be a better place... then again there is only room for one such as myself, so perhaps its better that way."

"However, I am afraid I cannot allow you to refer to me as... 'father'... for you see, such rights are earned by merit, and so far you haven't really done much to earn my praise. But let it not be said that Haggard isn't generous! I am willing to let you work for my cause. Serve me well, and eventually the title of 'son' will be given to you. So what do you say... umm... what is your name?"

Seems Haggard saw potential in this one...

The Drow

Sitting in his office, Malthrae looks at the plans. It was time for the Drow to start expanding. Most of the damage caused by the Drow civil war had been repaired, but now Malthrae needed to create a symbol of his ever lasting authority, not only for the Drow, but for the whole world to see. And what better than creating an everlasting monument of his legacy to the Drow? Which is why plans were made for a huge city, but different from all other cities, for this one would serve a particular purpose, it was to be the city of Ur-Priests.

And so Undraeth, City of Ur-Priests was created

(Use Tier 2 action to create city, Drow now have 3 FP)
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Deth

Turning away from the badlands he had just created.

I am sorry fat... Sir. I am known as ......

He had never really thought about that before. he just knew he was. Then it comes to him.

I am Deth. That is fine Sir. I understand, one should prove they are worthy of something before giving it. I will work hard to prove I am worthy of the right. I have many ideas of ways to improve the world I hope they meet your approval Sir.

20. - Top - End - #140

Ahkmotept

Astral Ahkmotept with suprisingly solid features, but not really there...

The lord of pestering found a new little creature on his world tour: Tiny men of the mountain, that reminded him of...GNOMES!!! In fact, they were...GNOMES!!! Oh how he remembered that one little universe where they punted...GNOMES!!! for fun, at least one major faction anyway. He decided to do that to these ones as well. He plucked one...GNOME!!! from the tunnels, and brought it up to a nice big lookout, one that suprisingly looked like a monkey could hold a lion cub up and let animals bow down before a title screen appeared. Imitating this monkey, he lifted up the...GNOME!!!, who appeared to be mentally scarred by this whole deal, to the bowing host of Ahnklings, Brukhaan and Knaarls, and subsequently aimed high and kicked the...GNOME!!! with a tremendous force, sending it right into a little forest where it landed, with a great momentum and thus power behind it, right on top of, or should I say through, the head of one of the Ilithids.

"SCORE!!!" Ahkmotept said as he held up the field goal sign, and the minions of Ahkmotept cheered, screaming "THREE POINTS!!! THREE POINTS!!!".

And that, mah chil'ren, was the first punting of a...GNOME!!!
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Haggard, with Deth

"Good good! I see you are the type who know their role, and that pleases me greatly! Seems we are off to a good start. Very well then, since you have agreed to serve me, I shall give you a small reward."

Slowly Haggard raises himself painfully from his throne, and grabbing his staff begins to hobble towards Deth. As he passes him, he makes neither eye contact or makes any gesture, he only says one word

"Follow."

And with that, Haggard slowly limps out of his audience chamber. Leading Deth through several corridors and other audience chambers, one could not help but notice the eerie emptiness that enshrouded the Ashen Bastion. Indeed the only living beings were Haggard and Deth... and the plane of Duma. After taking Deth through several long winding corridors Haggard stops in a large empty room.

"This place will just have to do..."

And with that, he taps his staff on the ground, and all of a sudden there is a loud moan and another earthquake as Duma tries to resist Haggard's will... of course at this moment Haggard is far more powerful than Duma, and so where there was one frozen tiled floor, a deep hole appears, with a very long winding stair which loses itself in the darkness. Haggard chuckles behind his mask; finding new ways to torture Duma is one of the few things which brings joy to his cold heart. Pointing down the stairs with his staff he tells Deth;

"Your lair... for now at least... I give you permission to do your work in the confines which I have allocated to you... or perhaps you would rather wander the wastelands instead?"

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

Mut- Duma Wasteland

In the vast and ornamented entry hall of the Ashen bastion stand a statue made out of perfectly polished red gneiss. No one really know how it got there,not even the owner of the grand palace, only that it stood there since the construction of the hall in where is stands.

Wait a minute..this isn't right

The statue begins to move slowly, the arms and head first. As the it moved the very rock it was made of began to move and change as well always upwards and towards ,towards granite,deep cracks formed on the head as small pieces of granite and gneiss began falling off and wither to dust only to be absorbed back by the feet.

Ahh much better

The now unrecognizable face begins to rearrange as to create an opening a mouth, if one would call it that, emitting the glow of molten steel as the statue speak:

I am Mut, god of entropy! And I... I am in flux. The now deformed statue proclaimed.

Mut looks around, taking in the structure of the hall.

what is this place? It feels familiar somehow

He steps down from the pedestal he was standing on and then proceed towards the pillars, putting a hand on one of them. The pillar crumbles and cracks as he leans on it, but Mut remained oblivious to the fact. As if urged or com pulsed he then begin to move again, out through the doors and into the cold wasteland of Duma and then on to the Astral sky.

The first thing to caught Mut's eye once he arrived in the Astral sky was a mountain on the world. The crystalline mountain so far untouched by both gods and mortals alike, a true symbol of order. He studied the mountain that stood towering over the elven forests.
    how to create the maximum amount of change with it?

Mut grinned and rubbed his hands together, he had thought of a plan.
    He worked his changing power one the internal structure of the mountain, creating caves and tunnels. And then for the final touch. He spoke with his voice echoing across the sky.

Behold Mortals! I am the God of change and Entropy

The ground shook.

I have come here to save you all from the curse of stasis and stagnation! I will keep the world in flux as it should be.

Once again the ground shook.

Witness Entropy!

And the mountain...exploded

The first volcano erupted with terrible power casting thousands, if not millions, tonnes of ash, dust, rock and fire into the sky. Turning midday into midnight in an instant. Turning summer to winter, but with scalding hot ash instead of snow. The eruption caused earthquakes to shake the very foundation of the world leaving no race of settlement unaffected.
    The crystalline mountain was no more, when the fire and the lava settled the only thing remaining was the apocalypse crater, or so it would become to be called.

Spoiler
    Show

Shape land (mountain -> super volcano) 2-1=1

The elven- house Winsoon
    Out of all the elven houses Winsoon was affected the worse by the great eruption loosing their elder, most of their settlements and the very house their great lineage had originated in.

Picking themselves up confused and lost at what had happened they mourned their dead and tried to start rebuild what was destroyed.

Akahiell of house Winsoon a rather young and strong Winsoon elf named himself elder. He was the kind of leader his people needed, but far from the eldest of the remaining. He would personally venture to the gathering of elders to request help from the other houses.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Deth

Yes that should work. If it does not prove to strive to the perfection I expect then I will apply my power to show it the way. Thought I have noticed this land seeks the perfection of the void. If that proves to much trouble with my desire to create I am sure you will not mind if I create a workshop else where once I have reached that level of perfection. Of course you will always be welcome where ever I work. I look forward to see your perfection at work in creation beyond such simple things. Deth points down at the hole.

I take it was your plan in my creation that the Room of Reflection was created. I thank you for such a room will prove of great value in my quest to reach even higher levels of perfection. I hope you will not mind if I create a gateway to it where ever I finally set up shop. If it is somewhere else then here I will make sure that the proper protections are involved in the creation of the gateway.

Deth waits to see if he has anything to say before heading down, the eagerness to create filling him. Suddenly he looks up feeling the wrongness, the flaw that suddenly forms. His head slowly turns following Mut's progression through the castle not sure what it is just knowing it is something of this plane. That the perfection of the Void that it sought once again walks, but in that waking it has given up hope of ever being the perfection of the Void and there for flawed.
    Last edited by shadowmage; 2009-03-19 at 03:06 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144

Nephyr Tagae - unknown plane

Nephyr Tagae had left the place where he started existing behind him some time ago, he was now standing still and looking around. It did not look like the rest of the Astral sky so he suspected he had left it behind some time ago. But then... where was he?

He still had some trouble seperating what his own eyes saw from the visions he got from the life in the world, this made it particulary difficult to figure out where he was since he was not entirely certain of what it was he saw.

After some thinking he concluded it was probably not the world, since he had been walking away from it. It did not feel like the Astral sky, then again he had not explored so much of it so he could still be on it. He stopped in his tracks and focused on his own vision, with some effort he managed to work... but it not help much, he still hadn't a clue where he was.

Hello? Anyone here?

25. - Top - End - #145

The leader of the Troop who just watched his favorite pranksters get mind munched wasn't too happy over it. He, a Knaarl, and his Bruukahn warriors ran after the squid heads, too insane by this point to be affected by mind blasts. In fact if one would enter the mind of a minion of Ahkmotept, one would go insane as well. The group jumped upon the beings, and proceeded to pound the living nine hells out of them, till all that was left were messy puddles of goop, where theyre forms once were. "We wanted to be friends, but you made us...CRAZY MAN!!! Dance upon their squished remains and insult their souls as they leave this world!!! For itchy and scratchy!!!"

Spoiler
    Show
    By beings, I mean the surviving squidhead and its elf-thrall
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2009-03-19 at 01:27 PM.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Illithids

Unfortunately for the insane creatures, they were too mad to notice they were outnumbered and outmatched. The Illithids quickly used their mind skills to shroud the already maddened minds of the Ankh creatures, their own touch with the Sleeping Lord well familiarizing them with all forms of madness. Even as their forms seemed to be pulped from the crazed beings vision, the oddly sized mushrooms that were scattered across the valley had pulled themselves from the ground. The mass of Myconids laughed and grinned as they rushed toward the Ankh creatures, dozens upon dozens of them.

A few feet away, the two illithids and their thrall stood in interest, their face tentacles twitching here and their, and their four fists clenching.

As for the Illithid that had been hit in the head of a gnome, well, Urus took exception to such interruptions of his dreams. The creature shuddered as reality itself shifted, and he suddenly stood beside his comrades, all parts of his head where it should be, unaware of the events leading to his death... or, for that matter, neither did anyone else in the clearing.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2009-03-19 at 07:41 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Pixie in the Playground

Siahrie

The questioner looked around. She still sensed the presences - But were they? She had attempted contact to no avail - Perhaps it was just her imagination. Finally, she decided to contact the grind: "Other presences, like us, yet not. Divine, but different. Are they? Who? How? I can contact them?"

Not waiting for the reply, she turned her focus to her creations, her children, her students - Whatever she called them, they were the gnomes. They had arrived at what would be their homeland, but they now appeared more lost than ever. So, she guided them, whispering about crystals in the caverns which would grant them the light neccessary for them to establish their civilization. Hmm, civilization.. That word tasted good to Siahrie - It hid a lot of meaning behind it, with twisted paths and veiled truths. Yes, they would settle - But for now, they'd have to do it for themself.

Siahrie knew that in time, her creations would change. They would lose touch with their original purpose, and embrace new shapes and forms. But she accepted that, because she knew that they then too would continue seeking. And that was most important of all.

Inside the Caverns of Crystal

Who are we? Where are we? What will happen to us? These questions were often uttered in the first days of the gnomes. Everything had changed, none of their existance was as it had been before - They vaguely remembered being tree-tenders, and they still did feel a bond with nature, true, but it too had changed. Now they were bound to the earth, and especially the things that it hid.

The gnomes first looked to their new creator for help, but she offered no help beyond her initial whisperings. They then knew what they had to do - They would settle down in these caves, and build their home. They would hide their existence from the rest of the world, until it was ready for them, and they for it. So the gnomes waited, building and grew; always ready for their goddess to call them - They knew she would, and they would be there when she did.
    Last edited by Iroel; 2009-03-19 at 03:19 PM.
    "You know you count as artillery when it would be easier to use divination magic to locate your target than a spot check"
    Thanks to CrimsonAngel for the awesome avatar

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Deth

Feeling the need to counter the call Deth lifts a hand and calls forth a ball of light that he hangs in the air beside him. He starts down the stairs, the light maintaining its position beside him. As it transverse the narrow stairs, he notices the hard unworked walls revealed by his light. Noting that it is of solid work and has few natural flaws, it shows little or no real craftsmanship or attention to detail.

He does not know anything of craftsmanship, so I should not hold such lack against him. I think this place is working against him and he is using it to push him to the limits as a challenge. Deth thinks to him self.

Finally reaching the bottom of the stairs he looks around the large open natural cavern. This will do for now.

Deth exerts his will and a small temporary forge appears, even this minor act of creation difficult due to the cave around him. Walking up to the anvil he places his left hand on it. Pinky and pointer fingers behind the other two so the almost form a stand, thumb lifted over the other. He studies his hand for a moment before bringing his right fist down hard on his wrist breaking his left hand off at that point. He then reaches over and picks up a hammer and begins to shape his hand into a new form.

With each strike sparks fly and fall to the earth where they strike new life appears. the first of the sparks fall into the Badlands and scorpions appear. Brown and red and black like the stone they land on, the new life quickly scurry off to hind under a rock or out crop. The next sparks create spider. The hand has now been shaped into a rough form. A tail arches over the back of a low squat form with 6 stick like legs. Fully in the act of creating now Deth does not feel the war that he is battling with the land around him. Even as he seeks to create so the land seeks to destroy. Deth is able to win the war and create what he wishes but a battle is lost, which out him knowing the land is able to slip a little of it's need to destroy in and all the creatures created have some form of poison. Poisoned sparks also fall among the other lands seeding them with spiders, scorpions, harvestmen, ticks, and mites of all kinds.

(Create Animals: Arachnids 1 = 2-1)

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Haggard, the Ashen Bastion

As Deth descends down to his lair, Haggard watches impassively and tells him

"I leave you to your work. I shall be checking on your progress... do not bother looking for me, I will come to you at a time of my choosing. Do not fail me..."
    With a flick of his hand, the door closes. And with that Haggard hobbles back to his throne room, muttering to himself

"There... that got rid of him... I should do this more often... lock weirdos in my basement..."

And finally reaching his throne he sits on it, giving a sigh of relief. He then starts to scheme his next plan.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Urus

Off in the lands of the mushroom forest, more creatures stirred from the primordial lake, at the behest of the Mad Dreamer. What looked like large turtles began to surface from the lake, but the truth was more disturbing. Odd creatures, vaguely turtle like in nature, crawled from the murky waters. They were large and gangly, covered in wrinkles the creatures seemed eternally old, but it belied their cunning, strength, and agility. They had roughly turtle-like bodies, with a large rough shell covering their back, and their stomachs were covered in rough, chitinous hide. They had long arms that ended in six, long, triple jointed fingers with hard sharp black nails at the end. Their feet were like an elephants hoof, large and thick and powerfully muscled, like an elephant they could easily crush bone and muscle under their powerful feet. They had two long, snake-like necks, that ended in powerfully beaked mouths capable of snapping bone and cutting through flesh. They had five eyes, two on each side of the face, and one in the center, with internal ears and a nose like a skulls.

Behind them, other turtle-like monsters rose up. These seemed to contain features of a squid, a turtle, and an elephant. It was huge and shaggy, covered in thick scaly hide, with a huge armored hump on it's back. It's feet were also that of an elephant, designed to crush and smash all those that fell beneath them. They had two huge trunks, prehensile, and a mass of squid like tentacles writhed and hung long from their faces, with three malevolent eyes glaring down at all before them, in a similar arrangement to the other turtle monsters. Their tentacles hid a massive fang-filled mouth connected to the trunks by the lip, and two massive mammoth tusks.

[0DP=4-3DP Spawn Tortroia race, -1DP spawn Monstrous Creature, Gargoralith, the Godhides.]
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2009-03-19 at 08:00 PM.