New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546
Results 1,351 to 1,378 of 1378
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Universal Smash Bros 3: Heroes' resurgance!

Hmmm... maybe every third day is a double lynch day/double kill night? That could be fun.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Hmmm... maybe every third day is a double lynch day/double kill night? That could be fun.
    That sounds very painful.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Troll in the Playground

Survey time!

1) Did you have fun? Yes.
    2) Did you enjoy your role? Immensely.
    3) Would you play again? Most likely.
    4) Would you recommend this game to a friend? Already have.
    5) Were the roles balanced? I tend to think so. Though a little tweaking seems needed, I guess.
    6) Any suggestions on what to change/improve? Nope.
    7) Was the Story Fluff entertaining? Always.
    8) Did the Narrators do a good job? Of course.

9) After talking with some people, I'm buffing Ike to having Counter be worth -2 points, and perhaps tone down Ganondorf's cooldown a tad. It seemed DK worked pretty well. The Villains didn't scry much, in fear of Krystal finding them out, so is she in need of a nerf?
    Maybe make it a 50% chance of knowing who scried, or something.

Great job Aemoh. And I'd like to apologize to Dirk Kris. Somehow I thought you were dead, or I would have brought you in with the other heroes while I was still alive.

Oh, and Hyozo, thanks for providing proof that I did help to try to organize the heroes into lynching the unknowns first. I had deleted all my PMs, so lacked the proof.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2009-05-21 at 07:26 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Bugbear in the Playground

@Hyozo: Yeah, I fell for that one hook, line, and sinker. Part of the problem was that Mustiado was MIA and had been directing the kills, so without someone to talk to, I panicked and decided to try and hit Dirk.
    @Question #9: Actually, Mustiado didn't scry much because he claimed Ness and didn't want to be caught by DK's slap. But yes, Krystal is a pain in any decent network.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

1) Did you have fun?
    2) Did you enjoy your role?
    3) Would you play again?
    4) Would you recommend this game to a friend?
    5) Were the roles balanced?
    6) Any suggestions on what to change/improve?
    7) Was the Story Fluff entertaining?
    8) Did the Narrators do a good job?

1. yes.
    2. Being a seer? of course.
    3. yes.
    4. yes
    5. yup. only problem was with all the role-claiming. I suggest that next time, if someone role claims, then they get a rock dropped on them.
    6. got nothing.
    7. yes
    8. yes
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

6. - Top - End - #1356

1) Did you have fun? lots

2) Did you enjoy your role? Yes, I love being mason.

3) Would you play again? Where do I sign in?

4) Would you recommend this game to a friend? Yes

5) Were the roles balanced? I thinks so.

6) Any suggestions on what to change/improve? Maybe adding items?

7) Was the Story Fluff entertaining? Yes

8) Did the Narrators do a good job? Yes.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

As for racking up the body count, I could have Smash Balls drop every so often allowing someone to preform a Final Smash.

(I had been wanting to use this video for a bit, but couldn't find a good use for it)

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ogre in the Playground

1) Did you have fun? Yes
    2) Did you enjoy your role? I was Daisy, the rejected Mario princess. Though as a mason I had fun.
    3) Would you play again? Yes
    5) Were the roles balanced? Looked that way to me. There were some abilities that were a little out there (Ganondorf, Falcon, Sephiroth, etc) but they were evenly spread between the teams so it was fine.
    6) Any suggestions on what to change/improve? Nothing that doesn't involve personal bias. (Drop Sephiroth, Kefka was better. )
    7) Was the Story Fluff entertaining? You had IWBTG and Psychonauts. Yes.
    8) Did the Narrators do a good job? See previous answer.

DK was actually a really good power. Nearly got Dirk killed, but otherwise definitely useful. I don't think I saw much from Ike though, but I guess that's what happens with a vote change power.

Easily my favourite part in all of this was when Selrahc nearly got lynched. Mordokai had privately claimed Marth to me before Selrahc made the claim. It was amusing waiting to see who was the imposter.

Also it didn't help Mustiado that he started sending me PMs about how surprised he would be if Festy was a wolf just before Festy got lynched.

And I think the Smash Balls would be fun. Add in some of the other arena hazards while you're at it and you'd have no problem keeping the game at a reasonable length with more players. Set up a (secret) chart ahead of time that says something like "If the sum of the time of a person's post is 24 the Halberd swoops in and blasts them" and "If the minute and hour of a person's post is the same they get a Smash Ball". Just don't tell people what the pattern is so they don't start trying to force an event.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    1) Did you have fun? Yes
    2) Did you enjoy your role? I was Daisy, the rejected Mario princess. Though as a mason I had fun.
    5) Were the roles balanced? Looked that way to me. There were some abilities that were a little out there (Ganondorf, Falcon, Sephiroth, etc) but they were evenly spread between the teams so it was fine.
    6) Any suggestions on what to change/improve? Nothing that doesn't involve personal bias. (Drop Sephiroth, Kefka was better. )
    7) Was the Story Fluff entertaining? You had IWBTG and Psychonauts. Yes.
    8) Did the Narrators do a good job? See previous answer.

DK was actually a really good power. Nearly got Dirk killed, but otherwise definitely useful. I don't think I saw much from Ike though, but I guess that's what happens with a vote change power.

Easily my favourite part in all of this was when Selrahc nearly got lynched. Mordokai had privately claimed Marth to me before Selrahc made the claim. It was amusing waiting to see who was the imposter.

Also it didn't help Mustiado that he started sending me PMs about how surprised he would be if Festy was a wolf just before Festy got lynched.

And I think the Smash Balls would be fun. Add in some of the other arena hazards while you're at it and you'd have no problem keeping the game at a reasonable length with more players. Set up a (secret) chart ahead of time that says something like "If the sum of the time of a person's post is 24 the Halberd swoops in and blasts them" and "If the minute and hour of a person's post is the same they get a Smash Ball". Just don't tell people what the pattern is so they don't start trying to force an event.
    What, and instead just throw my hands up and go "I didn't know?!" when Festy gets lynched and ends up being a villain? I had to make a choice as to if I trusted him or not, and if you read Festy's fluff closely enough, he already mentioned that he had made a rather dubious claim and I took it at face value. Obviously I thought you'd read a little deeper into our intricate story than you did. ?:P

I'm pretty certain Mordokai claimed Marth because we'd scried most of the folks left alive, including Selrahc, and we'd already planned to try to get him lynched that day. IF he would have continued to be scarce, we might have gotten away with it.

I can't believe I got away with my Ness disguise as long as I did. Did Griever ever have me scried to confirm/disprove? I ask because I had Mordy throwing scry immunity ever since we discovered GoC was Ness and he got Falcon Punch'd.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mustiado View Post
    I can't believe I got away with my Ness disguise as long as I did. Did Griever ever have me scried to confirm/disprove? I ask because I had Mordy throwing scry immunity ever since we discovered GoC was Ness and he got Falcon Punch'd.
    Wait, you mean Falcon's ability works on Ness? I was under the impression it didn't.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Barbarian in the Playground

I was Krystal if you couldn't remember after reading through the roles, and I indeed posted that message board notice saying Andre was good or neutral. It also helped that I claimed to HT (the fool) Pretty much as soon as I got into the game. She was in contact with DS7 (Seer) and I think the masons because a PM she sent me had Lex's name in the recipient box as well as mine. Trixie was almost definately snake, so when she died the only person that mucked about with my ability was diddy kong. He screwed with the thing a bit.

I'm curious as to why you stopped scrying after day three Mustiado. Did you suddenly think of Krystal, or what? I had started suspecting that Mewtwo might have died without his role being revealed. I was a bit annoyed that I was killed by the beast action, but it didn't matter much, what with noone scrying.

Onto the questionnaire:
    1) Did you have fun? I had heaps.
    2) Did you enjoy your role? It seemed a bit boring at first, but it turned out to be a lot of fun.
    3) Would you play again? Sign me up for the next game.
    4) Would you recommend this game to a friend? Sure would.
    5) Were the roles balanced? There were so many of them with crazy different abilities, I'm not entirely sure.
    6) Any suggestions on what to change/improve? None spring to mind.
    7) Was the Story Fluff entertaining? It was very entertaining, yes.
    8) Did the Narrators do a good job? Yus.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ogre in the Playground

Hurray we won! Glad I could play a tiny part in our all powerful network!

1) Did you have fun? Yes, especially as it got towards endgame
    2) Did you enjoy your role? It was okay, though Kirby probably needed more attention than I could give to it. Twas useful on a few occasions, especially as a makeshift scrier at the end of the game to confirm Shadowcaller's innocence
    3) Would you play again? Definitely
    4) Would you recommend this game to a friend? Indeed
    5) Were the roles balanced? Seemed like it, though banning any kind of role-claiming might be good.
    6) Any suggestions on what to change/improve? Just the above really
    7) Was the Story Fluff entertaining? Yup
    8) Did the Narrators do a good job? A few waits for an update, but great other than that.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Wait, you mean Falcon's ability works on Ness? I was under the impression it didn't.
    It does. I should know, I punched him last time.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Troll in the Playground

I warned Mustiado and Festy on a hunch with a lie that Krystal is known by the villager network and that Mewtwo should stop scrying or prepare to be skryyd.

'Oh well, I don't really care about your role but if you ARE a villain, warn Mewtwo to not scry, Krystal is abound. And if you aren't, rejoice.'

Or something similar.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm half tempted to start sign-ups ASAP since I'm in no other games...

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    It does. I should know, I punched him last time.
    Well, wouldn't be the first time I misinterpreted how an ability works. Hooray for Mustiado actually lying and not really being Ness?

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    I was Krystal if you couldn't remember after reading through the roles, and I indeed posted that message board notice saying Andre was good or neutral. It also helped that I claimed to HT (the fool) Pretty much as soon as I got into the game. She was in contact with DS7 (Seer) and I think the masons because a PM she sent me had Lex's name in the recipient box as well as mine. Trixie was almost definately snake, so when she died the only person that mucked about with my ability was diddy kong. He screwed with the thing a bit.

I'm curious as to why you stopped scrying after day three Mustiado. Did you suddenly think of Krystal, or what? I had started suspecting that Mewtwo might have died without his role being revealed. I was a bit annoyed that I was killed by the beast action, but it didn't matter much, what with noone scrying.

Onto the questionnaire:
    1) Did you have fun? I had heaps.
    2) Did you enjoy your role? It seemed a bit boring at first, but it turned out to be a lot of fun.
    3) Would you play again? Sign me up for the next game.
    4) Would you recommend this game to a friend? Sure would.
    5) Were the roles balanced? There were so many of them with crazy different abilities, I'm not entirely sure.
    6) Any suggestions on what to change/improve? None spring to mind.
    7) Was the Story Fluff entertaining? It was very entertaining, yes.
    8) Did the Narrators do a good job? Yus.
    Despite Murska's continued claims at awesomeness, I knew I could only really scry with impunity for the first few days, especially after we had a bandwagon day. Bandwagon day + Falco = game over for scriers. From that point on I kinda threw some things around, including a few scries at villains (Before Selrahc mentioned the possibility, which also went unnoticed. )

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ogre in the Playground

Not sure you understand Falco right. He gets a 'yes' or 'no' if EITHER Krystal or Fox votes the same as him. He doesn't know which, and it'd take multiple bandwagon days to pin down one of the two.

19. - Top - End - #1369

I thought that Falco knew who they voted for. Then I went back and reread the roles.

Show

20. - Top - End - #1370

I thought we already agreed that Dirk Kris won.The Heroes and Banjo-Kazooie just tied for second place.
    My thanks, Miss Turtle. Glad someone remembered.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Troll in the Playground

How'd Drirk Kris alone win, when it was Aemoh who killed Mustiado, the final villain?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Troll in the Playground

Dirk won here.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #1373

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    After talking with some people, I'm buffing Ike to having Counter be worth -2 points, and perhaps tone down Ganondorf's cooldown a tad. It seemed DK worked pretty well. The Villains didn't scry much, in fear of Krystal finding them out, so is she in need of a nerf?
    Nope. The villians in part 2 were able to negate Krystal's power just fine.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

24. - Top - End - #1374

Why, what happened in part two?

Show

25. - Top - End - #1375

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Why, what happened in part two?
    I won't say specifically because it is up to each group of foes to figure out their own way to outwit their opponents.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

26. - Top - End - #1376

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    I'm half tempted to start sign-ups ASAP since I'm in no other games...
    Do it.
    DOOOOOOOO EEEEEEEET!
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ogre in the Playground

1) Did you have fun? It was alright
    2) Did you enjoy your role? Not really, it was just the basic villager role, except the only one... It's alright, but when everyone else can do something it's a little depressing
    3) Would you play again? Not sure
    4) Would you recommend this game to a friend? Probably
    5) Were the roles balanced? Maybe? You can't ever be sure with this many roles
    6) Any suggestions on what to change/improve? Make Ike's role better
    7) Was the Story Fluff entertaining? It was
    8) Did the Narrators do a good job? I would say so

28. - Top - End - #1378

1) Did you have fun? At first, but I got killed off to fast to really do anything
    2) Did you enjoy your role? Yes If I had survived I had a couple plans to help track down Krystal or Fox
    5) Were the roles balanced? No idea
    6) Any suggestions on what to change/improve? No idea
    7) Was the Story Fluff entertaining? Yes
    8) Did the Narrators do a good job? Yes