New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Universal Smash Bros 3: Heroes' resurgance!

Yeah, Fox, I'm not that neutral. Now that you've confirmed that, you can contact me.

The RTS freak is clicking in a rapid speed. His naval forces are forming up to break the blockade on the eastern side while his airforce has been sent on a suicide run raid against a player based on an island. His naval fortifications are impenetrable but he has lost his airforce when the General's burrowed Hydralisks and cloaked Bullfrogs appeared under them, trapping and killing them all. The air force is under orders to destroy, in descending order of priority, any ground-based anti-air installations, the Headquarters building, the shield generators, any ground-to-ground static defenses, any workers and finally mop up the rest. Any units reaching elite status will group with the hero fighter pilot and retreat at the first sign of a massed anti-air force approaching.

Meanwhile his western border is in trouble. The opponent rushed his garrisons with Dark Templars and he had to send his observers there, then his science vessel was scourged by fifty three scourge meaning his main military base in the area was hit by a tactical nuke. This in itself wouldn't have cost him the front but his subcommander happened to be there and it also exploded, causing a chain reaction in his tech 3 power generators which destroyed his production capabilities in his auxiliary bases. The ensuing onslaught of forces from multiple players met his forces who were under orders to dig in deep and make the enemy pay with blood for every inch.

The southern area was quiet before the storm. His intelligence operatives had warned him of an airdrop plan there, and he had intercepted it just in time for it to become ineffective, but his own ground forces in the area had been transferred to halt the breakdown on the west border.

Straight above, the enemy orbital satellite system was positioning itself for maximum coverage. He had already sent some capsules and pods filled with units to take care of this threat before it would become an issue.

Underground, his brickwalled fortress walls were holding and the imps were busy at work pumping out Death Angels. No danger sighted, as of yet. Some mole scouts and light bombing.

And in the north, his armed forces had managed to establish a salient on an important resource-rich town but it was constantly shelled from three sides by a lot of things, most importantly Nebelwerfers, Mavors and Salvations. The troops there were barely holding and he was preparing for a two-pronged offensive to capture the enemy positions from the sides and take hold of as much artillery as possible.

*click-click-click-click*

(Choose your battleground, people. )
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    And in the north, his armed forces had managed to establish a salient on an important resource-rich town but it was constantly shelled from three sides by a lot of things, most importantly Nebelwerfers, Mavors and Salvations. The troops there were barely holding and he was preparing for a two-pronged offensive to capture the enemy positions from the sides and take hold of as much artillery as possible.

*click-click-click-click*

(Choose your battleground, people. )
    The flight sim guy's plane roars overhead, dropping two bombs on some of the artillery before flying down for a strafing run on the survivors.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm just an actor! I'm not supposed to be exposed to any real danger! Where's the green screen when you need it!

Secretly, Cheesy Canadian Actor Rex Manheim was thrilled to be apart of the last engagement, even if he was the distraction. He totes the Gauss Rifle he was given.

"So does this fire, like, real bullets? Gods, I would kill for a bagel right now. Where's the production assistant?"
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2009-03-06 at 08:27 AM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lance Corporal Kris slams his fist against the wall, leaving some of the skin from his knuckles behind. "Not what it looks like? NOT WHAT IT MUTHA LOVIN LOOKS LIKE?!?!" Chuckling quietly, frighteningly, Kris cracks his knuckles. "Whatever it is, it DOES look like this. And for that, it's clobberin' time." With a roar and a lunge, he dives for the catboy.

The General's daughter unleashes the mandatory shrill scream.

((Oh, and, um, Trixie.))
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Dirk Kris. For being above me and for all other reasons
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    "I'm just an actor! I'm not supposed to be exposed to any real danger! Where's the green screen when you need it!

Secretly, Cheesy Canadian Actor Rex Manheim was thrilled to be apart of the last engagement, even if he was the distraction. He totes the Gauss Rifle he was given.

"So does this fire, like, real bullets? Gods, I would kill for a bagel right now. Where's the production assistant?"
    Soldier! Where are you going? You're needed at the front! Now go board that APC and follow the ultralisks and the Jagdpanther westward! Once you get shot at, shoot back! And try to break the marine survival record of the battle, thirteen seconds!
    Last edited by Murska; 2009-03-06 at 09:07 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #247

Wolfbane cause he made me lose da game

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    Lance Corporal Kris slams his fist against the wall, leaving some of the skin from his knuckles behind. "Not what it looks like? NOT WHAT IT MUTHA LOVIN LOOKS LIKE?!?!" Chuckling quietly, frighteningly, Kris cracks his knuckles. "Whatever it is, it DOES look like this. And for that, it's clobberin' time." With a roar and a lunge, he dives for the catboy.

The General's daughter unleashes the mandatory shrill scream.

((Oh, and, um, Trixie.))
    Incorrect.
    The mandatory shrill scream came from the catboy as he dived out of the way.
    "And just what were YOU planning on doing? Hmm? Perhaps we could ask the General?" Reinholdt comes up with crazy bad ideas that hurt everyone involved when he's threatened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #249

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Incorrect.
    The mandatory shrill scream came from the catboy as he dived out of the way.
    "And just what were YOU planning on doing? Hmm? Perhaps we could ask the General?" Reinholdt comes up with crazy bad ideas that hurt everyone involved when he's threatened.
    Lcpl. Kris lunges at the catboy again, beefy fists a-flyin'. "Listen, if the General don't know what's goin' on by now, he's blind AND a fool." He smirks over at the girl. "Sorry, baby, but you've kinda got a reputation. And so do I. It's why we get along so well." Kris turns his full attention back to the catboy. "I think it's about time we got you fixed."
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Message time. I think I might have lost one of these, so if yours hasn't shown up, resend it to me.

Attention Management:

Now that Dirk Kris has won USB, we request that you reveal all the roles so we know which team won.

-The Losers
    @Team Good: Please stop divulging roles. If asked, give out your team affiliation only. Saying 'Team Good' is the equivalent of saying 'Villager' in a more traditional game.

@Team Evil: Please divulge your roles.

@Team Neutral: This is a beige alert.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Hm. Please don't tell team Good/Evil what they should do. If they want to reveal their role to the neutrals, they're in for a more interesting game. If they don't, they're more safe.

Freedom and security, the classic conundrum.

Oh, and orders for a certain group of marines, including Dirk Kris and Reinholdt, arrive. They are to team up with a group of broodlings and take a transport to a remote base far to the southeast. There, they are to kill anything they see and carve a path back through the enemy lines.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

MMORPG guy walks along the tunnels below the base, avoiding the occasional imp as he looks for mineral nodes. "I hate grinding a profession..."

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

"Damnit, General, I'd love to help out, but I'm stuck in the part where I have to jump over lava on floating platforms while flipping switches to make the right ones appear."

FPS guy gets to work on the lava puzzle, wishing he knew the cheat code for this part. This was really more a place for Puzzle Guy (Istari).
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

Darkcomet filler, filler, emptier, filler!
    Last edited by Mordokai; 2009-03-07 at 07:09 PM.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Jim walks out still smoking a cig. He puffs some rings before turning to the general.

He cursed very loudly as the general explaine dhis mission.

Meanwhile his western border is in trouble. The opponent rushed his garrisons with Dark Templars and he had to send his observers there, then his science vessel was scourged by fifty three scourge meaning his main military base in the area was hit by a tactical nuke. This in itself wouldn't have cost him the front but his subcommander happened to be there and it also exploded, causing a chain reaction in his tech 3 power generators which destroyed his production capabilities in his auxiliary bases. The ensuing onslaught of forces from multiple players met his forces who were under orders to dig in deep and make the enemy pay with blood for every inch.

Loud shouts and screams could be heard from within the command tent. The two got up and rushed to the scene, bumping into Banjo during the rush. Upon entering the room, Dirk is strangling the Reinholdt while the generals daughter is trying to stop him, a blanket wrapped around her.

Jim grabbed Dirk by the collar and pulled him off Reinholdt. He had to use both arms to restrain him as Dirk kept trying to get free.

Calm down Dirk! he yelled.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Halfling in the Playground

Dramatic flashbacks .... from childhood... emu's.... blocking... the exit.... of the zoo. Led by ... a Llama... a masked Llama. Damn it! You shall pay, emus! I will have revenge on you.... By lynching Atreu the Masked Llama

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    Lcpl. Kris lunges at the catboy again, beefy fists a-flyin'. "Listen, if the General don't know what's goin' on by now, he's blind AND a fool." He smirks over at the girl. "Sorry, baby, but you've kinda got a reputation. And so do I. It's why we get along so well." Kris turns his full attention back to the catboy. "I think it's about time we got you fixed."
    "Hey.. hey now! Let's not be too hasty Dirk old buddy, old pal." Reinholdt takes advantage of his agility and decides diving under the nearby table is in order. "If you knew her reputation why are you mad at me?"

Reinholdt's not even a marine, so ignores commander Murska's orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Message board:

Scry me! I need love and attention!!
    If you don't scry me, Mr. Flibbles will be very cross. Please don't make Mr. Flibbles cross.
    Dear Heros,

I would just like to inform you all that this your local seer speaking. I am 100% sure that I am the seer and not that silly little elf tingle. But that's not what is important at the moment.

Within our network, we are lacking a person, an important one at that. So I ask kindly that whoever Link is, that they contact DD as I did. He is not lieing.

Secondly, Krystal, at the moment, you would be very useful, but I realize that you can't contact us at the moment. We hope to remedy this situation in the near future.

With love and regard to everyone except the villians,

~Zelda

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Hey.. hey now! Let's not be too hasty Dirk old buddy, old pal." Reinholdt takes advantage of his agility and decides diving under the nearby table is in order. "If you knew her reputation why are you mad at me?"

Reinholdt's not even a marine, so ignores commander Murska's orders.
    Neutral creatures in the MAIN BASE! Terminate!
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Oi! We're approaching the halfway mark of the day, and we only have 14/45 players voting. More pointing darnit!

Quote Originally Posted by message board
    Eny, miny, miny, mo... I point at you.

Who? Take a wild guess.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground

Hm... Istari for now.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

22. - Top - End - #262
    Banned

I don't like fanboys.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wolfbane for my defense

24. - Top - End - #264

TBS guy waits for the battle to be over, then moves to capture the nearest port.

It would be a lot easier to do with Pondshadow's nautical bonus...
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Istari. I really have nothing to go on, so I'm just gonna go with one of the flows really.
    Last edited by Calamity; 2009-03-06 at 07:29 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

26. - Top - End - #266

(Sorry PF, was hoping that some clues would surface, but haven't seen anything yet I'm gonna point at Dallas Dakota because I'm only halfway through Super Paper Mario.

P.S. If you've played SPM, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't then you really should!)

*The llama wanders around with a big net in his mouth, wondering where Master Hand might strike next*
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

27. - Top - End - #267

But I haven't done anything!
    The only evidence against me is the blue umbrella guessed that I put up the message against DD which I didn't

28. - Top - End - #268

No alternatives were offered.

29. - Top - End - #269

On a completely unrelated note, wouldn't it have been smart for Bowser to stop the badge from being revealed yesterday? Any ideas why me might not have?

30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    On a completely unrelated note, wouldn't it have been smart for Bowser to stop the badge from being revealed yesterday? Any ideas why me might not have?
    Maybe he WAS Bowser.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links: