Page 10 of 85 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 2541
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Nameless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    So can I put your vote down for "For Including FAIL" then?
    If you want, I could word it as "Against the Exclusion of FAIL", because it amounts to the same thing.

    *Totally not trying to gain as many votes as possible through clever campaigning.*
    Which is a lie. I mean, that's the point of campaigning.
    You should totely vote for not-FAIL because unlike Keris, I'm not doing that ^

    We also have a vote from Bayar!. YAY BAYAR!
    Dear Princess Celestia,


    You faithful student,
    Nameless

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Keveak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where we lay our scene
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Who wants me to make a new house o' horrors. (ABR)
    You're on my hate list (That means I hate you)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Emphatic shirts.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

    At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

    An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

    Avatar by me.

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    -skimmer-'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alpha Complex
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    So can I put your vote down for "For Including FAIL" then?
    If you want, I could word it as "Against the Exclusion of FAIL", because it amounts to the same thing.

    *Totally not trying to gain as many votes as possible through clever campaigning.*
    Which is a lie. I mean, that's the point of campaigning.

    How shrewd of you Yes, you can.
    But if it ends as tie again, just don't count me and let "not-FAIL" win, so we can finally leave this topic.
    Spoiler
    Show


  4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Fawkes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    I refuse to vote on account of this being dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No, you can't advertise your rape how-to guide on my website.

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Nameless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    @Crimson: I've already made one, try finding it and revive it. >:D

    @^: That's one vote for us.
    Dear Princess Celestia,


    You faithful student,
    Nameless

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mad Mask's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westmount

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    If anyone wants to do a Fat Fish Fury comic taking people to the Shades, they can do it, since I've decided to not do it.

    I also mention that I abstain from voting in this ridiculous debate.

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    -skimmer-'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alpha Complex
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    @Crimson: I've already made one, try finding it and revive it. >:D
    oh, crap...my eyes! I really didn't knew what it means until now
    Spoiler
    Show


  8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Keveak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where we lay our scene
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Post Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    oh, crap...my eyes! I really didn't knew what it means until now
    That's why I hate it. Down with horror!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Emphatic shirts.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

    At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

    An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

    Avatar by me.

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    memnarch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the mind.

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    A more useful place for voting, I give you, Hurt/Heal!

    Also, who are we to say what people can or can't call something?

    My vote is still the same as last time though.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

    Currently playing: Minecraft, L4D2, Awesomenauts. Available for L4D2 shenanigans almost anytime.

    Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lemming's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Using in just in the TV show isn't the problame, it's using it in real life that's the problame, which is what we're arguing about... I think. >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Nameless called a vote on whether the concept of FAIL should be kicked out of ABR completely. So if you don't want that, vote "For including FAIL", and then after that we can vote on how much people use it.

    Go-go length democratic process!
    I think part of the problem here is that the vote is too general. We already decided that there is a TV show with the name FAIL. The vote should be about whether normal people sometimes call ALF FAIL instead of ALF.

    "FAIL' is a vote for normal people using FAIL to refer to ALF in real life.
    "NOT FAIL" is a vote for normal people not using FAIL to refer to ALF in real life.

    That should clear some of this up.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

    O,,o

    Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.


    ...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Banned
     
    The Gremlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    The problem with this whole vote is, no matter what side wins, it can't stop the 'losing side' from using it. I say that we should stop wasting time here, as such. The tradition of ABR has (almost)always been: If you get an idea, use it in a comic. If it's something which you think bears explanation, post it and explain. The only reason there's debate is really because the current intention of FAIL is differing from the original(s). Originally, it was a joke. Then it became what the UNA called the ALF. Then, an idea surfaced for a short time to have it be a separate group. Then, that idea died, and it went back to the first. Then, we got the compromise.
    Because the first two were very impopular, Nameless can't drop it and allow FAIL to survive. It's all about first-impressions. Ironically, when the joke came around, it was Nameless who said something like: "No. "
    Anyways I'll get back to the point. The intent of ABR is to, generally, come up with an idea and use it. If it's major (like a new plot, a dead character, or a new guy), the person will ask. This idea is not major. And yet we're calling a vote on it. We never call a vote on something so minor. It's something that will barely even come into play. Voting to disallow something with no repercussions AT ALL (besides this idiotic vote and a lot of wasted time)goes against ABR's spirit.

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Nameless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    The problem with this whole vote is, no matter what side wins, it can't stop the 'losing side' from using it. I say that we should stop wasting time here, as such. The tradition of ABR has (almost)always been: If you get an idea, use it in a comic. If it's something which you think bears explanation, post it and explain. The only reason there's debate is really because the current intention of FAIL is differing from the original(s). Originally, it was a joke. Then it became what the UNA called the ALF. Then, an idea surfaced for a short time to have it be a separate group. Then, that idea died, and it went back to the first. Then, we got the compromise.
    Because the first two were very impopular, Nameless can't drop it and allow FAIL to survive. It's all about first-impressions. Ironically, when the joke came around, it was Nameless who said something like: "No. "
    Anyways I'll get back to the point. The intent of ABR is to, generally, come up with an idea and use it. If it's major (like a new plot, a dead character, or a new guy), the person will ask. This idea is not major. And yet we're calling a vote on it. We never call a vote on something so minor. It's something that will barely even come into play. Voting to disallow something with no repercussions AT ALL (besides this idiotic vote and a lot of wasted time)goes against ABR's spirit.
    Yes it can, with teh magicz of non-cannon.
    Dear Princess Celestia,


    You faithful student,
    Nameless

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    memnarch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the mind.

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    So, just using the word, would a comic non-canon?
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

    Currently playing: Minecraft, L4D2, Awesomenauts. Available for L4D2 shenanigans almost anytime.

    Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lemming's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    So, just using the word, would a comic non-canon?
    You can't non-canonize every time someone does it. So you'd have to either have the other characters think he's talking about the TV show, not understand what he's talking about, or god-mod and brutally murder him in his sleep and hang his guts from a tree as a warning to all others who defy the will of Vote! or make fun of him because he calls a terrorist organization a joke name; "Dude, just call it ALF."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

    O,,o

    Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.


    ...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lyinginbedmon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Darlington, Co. Durham
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    I'm going to change my vote to "Shut the heck up with this argument."

    Aka, tally with the most votes gets mine.

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Green-Shirt Q's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, okay?! Yeeesh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    I'm going to change my vote to "Shut the heck up with this argument."
    As much as I hate to say it, for the very first time I agree with Lyinginbedmon.

    This arguement is stupid and pointless. It's the reason why I haven't participated much in ABR recently. I say we just have the organization go unnamed just so we don't have to talk about it anymore.
    AVATAR BATTLE ROYALE!
    Spoiler
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Zerglinkeke's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Yeah. Canadia sucks!

    Canada however is the awsomest country in the world. It's like a spin-off of Britan and it's like America minus the cowboys and not everybody hates us.
    I agree, here in Edmonton it only snowed about another 20cm and is -25 degrees. In fact a week ago we could play hockey on my driveway with some friends, real ice hockey. Whats not to like in this frozen wasteland wonderland?

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lemming's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerglinkeke View Post
    I agree, here in Edmonton it only snowed about another 20cm and is -25 degrees. In fact a week ago we could play hockey on my driveway with some friends, real ice hockey. Whats not to like in this frozen wasteland wonderland?
    Really? It was only like -5 here today. Freakin' warm. Which sucks cause I haven't been on the Rideau Canal yet or had a beavertail.
    I don't like Russians trying to steal the north pole. And beer ads (stupid Molson Canadians).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

    O,,o

    Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.


    ...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Banned
     
    The Gremlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Yes it can, with teh magicz of non-cannon.
    You forget. The Non-Canon Cannon is manned by MY character!
    Hey, let's nuke Nameless's character now! Fire!

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Bayar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    You forget. The Non-Canon Cannon is manned by MY character!
    Hey, let's nuke Nameless's character now! Fire!
    Your non-canon cannon sucks. Re-draw it without being all pixely and stuff and then we can talk...

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Airstrip One

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    I think part of the problem here is that the vote is too general. We already decided that there is a TV show with the name FAIL. The vote should be about whether normal people sometimes call ALF FAIL instead of ALF.

    "FAIL' is a vote for normal people using FAIL to refer to ALF in real life.
    "NOT FAIL" is a vote for normal people not using FAIL to refer to ALF in real life.
    "For Including FAIL" is a vote for having FAIL included in ABR in some way, shape, or form.
    "Against Including FAIL" is a vote for not having FAIL in ABR in any way, shape or form.

    That's what Nameless called a vote on, so that's what we're voting on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    *I say the best way to sort this out is a simple vote. Those who want the name being used as a joke by some of the public because of a kids TV show, and those who donít think itís necessary to have it in.
    So we separate into those of us who want some of the public to use FAIL (i.e., those of us who compromised earlier), and those of us who don't think it's necessary to include FAIL at all.
    Last edited by Keris; 2009-03-10 at 04:01 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Banned
     
    The Gremlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    Your non-canon cannon sucks. Re-draw it without being all pixely and stuff and then we can talk...

    Okay, you can't argue with someone who insults Paint.
    Don't make me hit you with the Cannon.

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Keveak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where we lay our scene
    Gender
    Male2Female

    smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    Your non-canon cannon sucks. Re-draw it without being all pixely and stuff and then we can talk...
    I agree with gremlin, that's mean
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Emphatic shirts.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

    At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

    An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

    Avatar by me.

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Falgorn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In the Playground

    Thumbs down Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    Your non-canon cannon sucks. Re-draw it without being all pixely and stuff and then we can talk...
    Yeah. I agree with Gremlin and Keveak. When you start drawing, and I see it, then you can judge like that. Wait- you can't. We're in a no-judgement zone. You should provide suggestions, and not just insult people.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!
    Avatar by the amazing Teutonic Knight

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Nameless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    We could have another vote on how much we use it if Not-FAIL wins.

    Nice story Kev
    Dear Princess Celestia,


    You faithful student,
    Nameless

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Falgorn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    We could have another vote on how much we use it if Not-FAIL wins.

    Nice story Kev
    I say we have a vote on whether to have that vote. And it was a good story, Keveak. Happy endings make me...smile?
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!
    Avatar by the amazing Teutonic Knight

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Airstrip One

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    We could have another vote on how much we use it if Not-FAIL wins
    If "Against Including FAIL" wins, FAIL isn't in the plot at all. No mention whatsoever. That's what you called the vote on.

    If "For Including FAIL" wins, then we will have to vote again on the level of inclusion.

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Bayar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn View Post
    Yeah. I agree with Gremlin and Keveak. When you start drawing, and I see it, then you can judge like that. Wait- you can't. We're in a no-judgement zone. You should provide suggestions, and not just insult people.
    I would, but Im too lazy to make a character right now. Or draw really.

    Wait- you can't.
    It wouldnt be wise to taunt me, boy.

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Falgorn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    Taunt you? I was just saying that we, as a whole, don't insult one another...about artwork at least. That fail arguement doesn't count. They're using political slander, so it's fair... somehow. And I won't draw this out into a 30-page-long arguement.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!
    Avatar by the amazing Teutonic Knight

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Airstrip One

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

    Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    I would, but Im too lazy to make a character right now. Or draw really.
    Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    It wouldnt be wise to taunt me, boy.
    These statements appear to be contradictory. If you're too lazy to draw, then what are you going to do?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •