New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 85 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Taunt you? I was just saying that we, as a whole, don't insult one another...about artwork at least. That fail argument doesn't count. They're using political slander, so it's fair... somehow. And I won't draw this out into a 30-page-long argument.

On another note, I may have finally made a good avatar.
    And I will not join the UNIA. I'm going to be a merc.
    Last edited by Falgorn; 2009-03-10 at 02:50 PM.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

It doesn't count because they aren't insulting each other. They are having an "intellectual debate" *Cough* Beating each other over the head until someone gives in. *cough*
    What do you mean "finally"? Your other avies were good. Except the sunglasses. But those are hard to draw.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

3. - Top - End - #303

HalfOrcPirate

At some points in the conversation, there involved an insult. I forget where, but Nameless responded by saying, "There's no need to be rude."

Thanks, Lemming. You're a good artist yourself. The thickness tip really helped.
    Last edited by Falgorn; 2009-03-10 at 03:02 PM.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

4. - Top - End - #304
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    These statements appear to be contradictory. If you're too lazy to draw, then what are you going to do?
    I might just stop playing Diablo 2, stay away from college for a couple of days and get my draw on.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn View Post
    At some points in the conversation, there involved an insult. I forget where, but Nameless responded by saying, "There's no need to be rude."
    He was responding to my sarcasm regarding how he appeared to have 'misplaced' several votes for including FAIL. That was about the time that I started to keep a table of votes.

Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    I might just stop playing Diablo 2, stay away from college for a couple of days and get my draw on.
    Yeah, well if I can put down the Orange Box, then I might just retaliate if such an occasion occurs.

6. - Top - End - #306

Thanks, Lemming. You're a good artist yourself. The thickness tip really helped.
    Good to know. Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    You're serious enough to stop playing Diablo? Uh oh.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

7. - Top - End - #307

HalfOrcPirate

@Keris Rain: Thanks for clearing that up. Now I know that there are absolutely no insults.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

You're serious enough to stop playing Diablo? Uh oh.
    Words can no longer describe my hatred for that game. It rocked, until my account expired for the 3rd time.

*shakes fist angrily at Blizzard*
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2009-03-10 at 03:39 PM.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    Words can no longer describe my hatred for that game. It rocked, until my account expired for the 3rd time.

*shakes fist angrily at Blizzard*
    It's not the game, it is Blizzard.

At least the 1.12 patch makes it so you dont need to use the CD to play. Thatis progress, right ?
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

10. - Top - End - #310
    Banned

@Keris Rain: Thanks for clearing that up. Now I know that there are absolutely no insults.
    Well, duh. You must have been, like, really stupid to not know that there are no insults here. What kind of idiot are you?
    Kev: Your comic's good, but it has a few flaws. First, what did Jim eat that would allow him to live long enough to die of old age? Second, I don't think that there was a dungeon in the mountain before the Shades came. Who dug it, and put in the door? And third, and this is very important, HOW DID HIS HAIR STAY MOSTLY THE SAME?!
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-03-10 at 04:59 PM.

11. - Top - End - #311

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    What kind of idiot are you?
    The amazing ninja kind.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

12. - Top - End - #312

...And third, and this is very important, HOW DID HIS HAIR STAY MOSTLY THE SAME?!
    Um...he had sword, didnt he?
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    Careful. He might accidentally behead himself while shaving.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

14. - Top - End - #314

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    Skimmer, with my newly-refined (somewhat) art skillz, I CHALLENGE YOU TO A REMATCH! (My character, for all wondering, has taken five levels in monk, changed to Neutral Evil, and taken 12 levels in Shadowdancer. Hence the Teleport ability, and he can summon a shadow. FEAR HIM!)
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Skimmer, with my newly-refined (somewhat) art skillz, I CHALLENGE YOU TO A REMATCH! (My character, for all wondering, has taken five levels in monk, changed to Neutral Evil, and taken 12 levels in Shadowdancer. Hence the Teleport ability, and he can summon a shadow. FEAR HIM!)
    Yet you still use the Fill tool. It leaves a slight gap between the fill and the border, which is why I've never touched it. That is, after finding out about the gap. Also, I'm only guessing you use it, based off empirical evidence.
    I'll take you on, but I'd need to finish my character first. He's proving a mite difficult to pin down...

16. - Top - End - #316

HalfOrcPirate

Yet you still use the Fill tool. It leaves a slight gap between the fill and the border, which is why I've never touched it. That is, after finding out about the gap. Also, I'm only guessing you use it, based off empirical evidence.
    I'll take you on, but I'd need to finish my character first. He's proving a mite difficult to pin down...
    Wait...what tool do you use then?
    And, quickly, do you need an Admin's permission to make a new thread? I hope not.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

17. - Top - End - #317
    Banned

Yeah, I really don't like the fill tool, but sometimes you have to use it. What I do is simply make its borders the same color as the fill, and then set it so that it's below the lines that outline the filled space. This usually takes care of it.

18. - Top - End - #318

HalfOrcPirate

Yeah, I really don't like the fill tool, but sometimes you have to use it. What I do is simply make its borders the same color as the fill, and then set it so that it's below the lines that outline the filled space. This usually takes care of it.
    You guys iz confuzin me now. joe and frank said hey falgorn you pulled a charlie gordon.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait...what tool do you use then?
    And, quickly, do you need an Admin's permission to make a new thread? I hope not.
    An accurate mouse.

And you need Moderator approval to make a new thread in the Fan Comics subforum. Not in the others.

Not always useful, for instance if you want to colour a section of a larger shape you have bisected, like a mask over a face. In that circumstance, I'd draw a bisecting line and then cut a duplicate face, then tweak the line as I saw fit.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Banned

An accurate mouse.

And you need Moderator approval to make a new thread in the Fan Comics subforum. Not in the others.

Not always useful, for instance if you want to colour a section of a larger shape you have bisected, like a mask over a face. In that circumstance, I'd draw a bisecting line and then cut a duplicate face, then tweak the line as I saw fit.
    What's a bisecting line? I'm still rather new at this.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

What's a bisecting line? I'm still rather new at this.
    A line that cuts something in two.

22. - Top - End - #322

HalfOrcPirate

How does one ask for permission from an Admin? PM?
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Create a new thread as normal, putting the title of the comic and possible a short descriptor in the title field, and a longer description, along with the first comic, in the first post. The thread will not appear until a moderator gives it permission, it gets put in a queue, but I don't suppose PMing a mod will hurt.

24. - Top - End - #324

HalfOrcPirate

Ahh thanks.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

25. - Top - End - #325

I found that the Fill tool goes over my lines. Whenever I use it it always sets itself to "grow/shrink by 4.44", which just makes a massive blob!
    I find that I have to set it to "grow/shrink by 0.25" to get it snug up against the sides without passing them. But even then it still doesn't really work.
    And what is this about starting a new thread? Are you making a new fan comic?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

26. - Top - End - #326
    Banned

A line that cuts something in two.
    Hmm. How do you use that? It sounds helpful. One of the major flaws of Inkscape is that, unlike MS Paint, you cannot do anything to a single item.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Pixie in the Playground

[from previous thread - oops...]
    *sneaks in* This is the discussion thread... but yell at me anyways if I'm being stupid and shouldn't post here... I've been reading for a bit... is it ok if I try to jump in? Well, not jump... Maybe just hover at the sidelines a bit?... *prepares to duck and run if necessary... or be ignored*
    I saw the reply that you're near the end... Will there be more trails potentially spawning?

"If you spend word for word with me, I shall make your wit bankrupt."
    ~ Shakespeare, Two Gentlemen of Verona

28. - Top - End - #328
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ghillietoes42 View Post
    [from previous thread - oops...]

I saw the reply that you're near the end... Will there be more trails potentially spawning?
    There is absolutely no need to be hesitant about posting here! It really needs to be clear that ABR is an open project. ANYBODY can join, as long as they mostly follow the rules. We aren't 'near the end', one of the plots is going to close, to make way for the sequel.
    Anyways, welcome.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-03-10 at 07:57 PM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Pixie in the Playground

There is absolutely no need to be hesitant about posting here! It really needs to be clear that ABR is an open project. ANYBODY can join, as long as they mostly follow the rules. We aren't 'near the end', one of the plots is going to close, to make way for the sequel.
    Anyways, welcome.
    Thankies. *goes off to muddle in inkscape and try to start something*... *sets goal for tomorrow before going to see Midsummer*... Huzzah for being an upperclassman. No classes tomorrow.

Edit: Well, I got something up...
    Last edited by ghillietoes42; 2009-03-10 at 08:54 PM.

"If you spend word for word with me, I shall make your wit bankrupt."
    ~ Shakespeare, Two Gentlemen of Verona

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Welcome to ABR! Make yourself at home and dodge all those who are battling it out when you come in, won't you?

In all seriousness, welcome. I really hope seeing you in FI (which will be the sequel to current plot, FFF), and hopefully on UNA:s side, as to differ from side of righteousness is serious crimethink!