New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 85 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn View Post
    Skimmer, with my newly-refined (somewhat) art skillz, I CHALLENGE YOU TO A REMATCH! (My character, for all wondering, has taken five levels in monk, changed to Neutral Evil, and taken 12 levels in Shadowdancer. Hence the Teleport ability, and he can summon a shadow. FEAR HIM!)
    *Trembles in fear*
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #332
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Wow, the fact that you took 17 levels for a teleport ability and a shadow...

Did you know that Wizard 1 gets Abrupt Jaunt ? And that he is probably a focused conjurer and is able to conjure up a whackload of monsters and stuff ? (of course, he could be a focused illusionist and just go with shadowy conjuration).
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

What's with that filling tool?

@Gremlin: Look at the first panel and the panel where he die, the hair is longer. He do cut his hair with his sword but over time he got weaker and did it less, and he could set the hair anyway (just only cut it badly).
    His food was made by magic (create food and water), the dungeon he was in was an evil cults and was destroied hundreds of years before FFF (I never stated when he died) and he was trapped after destroying the cult who set of the trap wich actually trapped him there. It's so long ago that Nilrem's grandfather was young at the time (that's 1000-2000 years ago) so no-one probably heard about it.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    What's with that filling tool?

@Gremlin: Look at the first panel and the panel where he die, the hair is longer. He do cut his hair with his sword but over time he got weaker and did it less, and he could set the hair anyway (just only cut it badly).
    His food was made by magic (create food and water), the dungeon he was in was an evil cults and was destroied hundreds of years before FFF (I never stated when he died) and he was trapped after destroying the cult who set of the trap wich actually trapped him there. It's so long ago that Nilrem's grandfather was young at the time (that's 1000-2000 years ago) so no-one probably heard about it.
    I see. Your comic is a bit vague.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    I see. Your comic is a bit vague.

He've been there for 2000 years,do you think he wanna tell about every boring detail or even remembers the reason he got there in the first place.
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-03-11 at 10:59 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

6. - Top - End - #336

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    He've been there for 2000 years,do you think he wanna tell about every boring detail or even remembers the reason he got there in the first place.
    Actually, 2000 years old ghosts who spend most of his life alone in dark dungeon tends to overemphasize these "boring details"

But I dont really see, and never saw anything vague about this comic...
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #337

HalfOrcPirate

@Lemming: A Fan Comic is in the making.
    @New person (Whose name I have forgotten, sorry): Enjoy ABR, and all of it's corny jokes, bad puns, and mass murder! It's like high school, except with 4-millenia-year-old killer of God Killlers, and a not-so-old god killer who kills Halfing Gods of Pastries
    @Bayar: I never said the reason I took shadowdancer was so I could teleport and summon a shadow. I just included that for people who don't know. I could make him have 17 levels in homebrewed Ninja, basically the same, only the ninja has invisibility and not only shadow teleportation. And he can focus on a single type of weapon, giving him +2 with said type of weapon. And he is, well, a ninja. 'Nuff said.
    Last edited by Falgorn; 2009-03-11 at 02:07 PM.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

@^ Ninjas are overrated.

Gonna jet for 1-4 days, need to get away for a bit and clear my head.

ta-ta

9. - Top - End - #339

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    @^ Ninjas are overrated.

ta-ta
    ...(Throws a Shurikan at her) Have fun on your trip.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

@^ Ninjas are overrated.

ta-ta
    Bon voyage mademoiselle Lirle, and may the road bring you many adventures. (In English that's: Have a god trip and a lot of fun)
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-03-11 at 03:06 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Dwarf in the Playground

@^ Ninjas are overrated.

ta-ta
    Have a good trip!

Did you think there was a message here? Well HA!
    "That last nob is mocking me! He's like "Hey, you want this killpoint? Do ya?'"

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ghillietoes42 View Post
    [from previous thread - oops...]

I saw the reply that you're near the end... Will there be more trails potentially spawning?
    Greetings new person!
    *snuggles*

On a side note; I found a fork within a fork.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-03-11 at 03:44 PM.

13. - Top - End - #343

HalfOrcPirate

Ughh. I thought Death was cool for a second. No Random Kills? No pure hatred? I guess I'll introduce the new kid to ABR...maybe. If I'm not too busy.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

Ughh. I thought Death was cool for a second. No Random Kills? No pure hatred? I guess I'll introduce the new kid to ABR...maybe. If I'm not too busy.
    You know nothing of Death. O_e

15. - Top - End - #345
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

@Lemming: A Fan Comic is in the making.
    @New person (Whose name I have forgotten, sorry): Enjoy ABR, and all of it's corny jokes, bad puns, and mass murder! It's like high school, except with 4-millenia-year-old killer of God Killlers, and a not-so-old god killer who kills Halfing Gods of Pastries
    @Bayar: I never said the reason I took shadowdancer was so I could teleport and summon a shadow. I just included that for people who don't know. I could make him have 17 levels in homebrewed Ninja, basically the same, only the ninja has invisibility and not only shadow teleportation. And he can focus on a single type of weapon, giving him +2 with said type of weapon. And he is, well, a ninja. 'Nuff said.
    Hey dude, i was just commenting on the monk part (which sucks hard). Ninja's are cool. And that invisibility will later make you etheral which is a whole new kind of badass awesome.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

16. - Top - End - #346
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Greetings new person!
    *snuggles*

On a side note; I found a fork within a fork.
    *hopes snuggle is not part of mass murder ritual*

"If you spend word for word with me, I shall make your wit bankrupt."
    ~ Shakespeare, Two Gentlemen of Verona

17. - Top - End - #347

Have you ever actually seen Death kill someone? I dont think so...humans, elves, dwarves, bears, dears, kobolds, goblins, hobgoblins, arcane incarnations, pixies, flies, butterflies, penguins, space-marines, undead kittens, fluffy little rabits - All of them are nasty killers!
    All of them!!

So why everyone blames Death
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-03-11 at 04:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #348
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ghillietoes42 View Post
    *hopes snuggle is not part of mass murder ritual*
    No, not when death snuggles you... When a vampire does however...
    >>
    <<
    *grins to show fangs*

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post

Have you ever actually seen Death kill someone? I dont think so...humans, elves, dwarves, bears, dears, kobolds, goblins, hobgoblins, arcane incarnations, pixies, flies, butterflies, penguins, space-marines, undead kittens, fluffy little rabits - All of them are nasty killers!
    All of them!!

You forgot Foxgirls and Vampires. And curiosity.
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2009-03-11 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #349
    Barbarian in the Playground

Shadowdancer and monk isn't good combination. Especially for a ninja-type guy.
    1. No sneak attack for you! Neither class gives you sneak attack.
    2. Most monk abilities are based on unarmed combat. You are clearly using swords/shuriken(a monk weapon but you can't use most of the monks combat abilities). So you are pretty much just gaining speed +10(which you can get from magical items), slow fall 20 ft, a +1 to AC, good saves, and a fallback in case you're disarmed.
    3. Rogues are awesome. You get decent saves. Sneak attack. HUGE amount of skill points. All of the special dodgy things that monks get (uncanny dodge, evasion, etc). Trapfinding. Trap sense. No alignment restrictions. AND you can't be flanked. Plus it is perfectly complemented by the shadowdancer's abilities.
    4. There is an actual ninja base class from oriental adventures or something. But I don't know the specifics.

This is a pretty good combination for a ninja. Heck I have a lvl 4 halfling rogue working towards some shadowdancer levels. He's also going to take some assassin levels in the meantime though. A perfect example of piling too many prestige classes on one character, but I just couldn't resist.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

20. - Top - End - #350

HalfOrcPirate

Shadowdancer and monk isn't good combination. Especially for a ninja-type guy.
    1. No sneak attack for you! Neither class gives you sneak attack.
    2. Most monk abilities are based on unarmed combat. You are clearly using swords/shuriken(a monk weapon but you can't use most of the monks combat abilities). So you are pretty much just gaining speed +10(which you can get from magical items), slow fall 20 ft, a +1 to AC, good saves, and a fallback in case you're disarmed.
    3. Rogues are awesome. You get decent saves. Sneak attack. HUGE amount of skill points. All of the special dodgy things that monks get (uncanny dodge, evasion, etc). Trapfinding. Trap sense. No alignment restrictions. AND you can't be flanked. Plus it is perfectly complemented by the shadowdancer's abilities.
    4. There is an actual ninja base class from oriental adventures or something. But I don't know the specifics.

This is a pretty good combination for a ninja. Heck I have a lvl 4 halfling rogue working towards some shadowdancer levels. He's also going to take some assassin levels in the meantime though. A perfect example of piling too many prestige classes on one character, but I just couldn't resist.
    OK. I've been brainstorming...here it is: Falgorn Colbat: 25th Level. 14 in Assassain and 11 in rogue. (He's immortal
    Last edited by Falgorn; 2009-03-11 at 06:00 PM.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

21. - Top - End - #351

OK. I've been brainstorming...here it is: Falgorn Colbat: 25th Level. 14 in Assassain and 11 in rogue. (He's immortal
    But then you won't be able to teleport/not teleport as frequently (if you get a teleport spell). Unless you were to, say, ad a template to your creature that gives you immortality/teleporting/control over planar gateways. *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post

All of them!!

*hides blood covered scythe*
    YEAH! stop blaming me!
    *picks up a sack dripping with blood and wanders off*
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-03-11 at 06:55 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353

HalfOrcPirate

But then you won't be able to teleport/not teleport as frequently (if you get a teleport spell). Unless you were to, say, ad a template to your creature that gives you immortality/teleporting/control over planar gateways. *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*
    Let's just say that a God owes me a favor. Capiche?
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

24. - Top - End - #354
    Orc in the Playground

Let's just say that a God owes me a favor. Capiche?
    Hehehehehheehe. I couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

@^ Ninjas are overrated.
    Oi! I take offence to that!
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #356
    Pixie in the Playground

No, not when death snuggles you... When a vampire does however...
    >>
    <<
    *grins to show fangs*
    Eep! *runs and hides*

"If you spend word for word with me, I shall make your wit bankrupt."
    ~ Shakespeare, Two Gentlemen of Verona

27. - Top - End - #357

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    Hey dude, i was just commenting on the monk part (which sucks hard). Ninja's are cool. And that invisibility will later make you etheral which is a whole new kind of badass awesome.
    Makes complete sense. (And I'm serious, not joking.) Monks do suck hard, but they are among the only classes that can use Martial Arts, so I was going to use them. Then I learned about assassins...and I'm happy now. I'm deciding whether to be a Half-Fiend. (The other half is Babou, but I really want a half with WINGS and teleport.) Hooray!
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

28. - Top - End - #358

....Monks do suck hard...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #359

Q you do realise that more than just those three people are fighting the big bad shades and we are getting their by a mass fly spell we're not walking.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    *vows never to be a jerk again*
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chriky View Post
    Q you do realise that more than just those three people are fighting the big bad shades and we are getting their by a mass fly spell we're not walking.
    I do realize. This comic is set AFTER the mass fly.

And I do realize there is more then three people, I just don't care.
    Spoiler
    Show