New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of gray View Post
    Hey. What? He's just as old as Lyinginbedmon, subtracting one month of course. You do not go around the planes for ~600 years and not get into fights.
    I asume You don't go by DnD rules on that one. Besides you're right, he's totally an epic badass (Oliver is cool)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Oliver is an epic swordsage who uses a homebrew discipline. So not entirely by DnD rules...

And he's got a motorcycle!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Amen. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA(I needed more characters. Stupid minimum length)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XVIX

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Wait a minute, here. The ALF is fairly strong, and against a single country, yes, it might be a threat. But the ALF is against a CONTINENT, which has superior technology, superior numbers, superior defenses, and superior morale. Superior in every way. It is quite easy for at least a few to joke about that.
    And Hezbollah are practically against the whole world, we don't make jokes about them just because they're not as superior.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    I'm too young to die! Or be turned into shade spawn I guess...
    ...The tower near Mordor? Do you mean the time when Frodo was paralyzed by Shelob and brought to the guard tower, and the Sam had to go rescue him? Cause that happened in the book.
    Nah, when Faramir takes them to a city. The tower you're thinking of is in Mordor.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Oliver is an epic swordsage who uses a homebrew discipline. So not entirely by DnD rules...

And he's got a motorcycle!
    I meant the not aging thing. And motorcycles are cool but not as cool as MAGIC

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    I know. They left out so much...

One old guy in a fortified position could take out more orcs than a flailing human missile. Using corpses on the other hand...

That was in the book, unless my memory is completely gone. But I'm fairly sure it happened.
    It did happen in the book.
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-03-07 at 03:23 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, to my knowledge, Lying is the only epic guy. And you forgot Salmon (understandable, seeing as he hardly ever posts here).
    /\ Sigh...
    Epic level here.
    Not to mention our awesome army and the Citidel. We might be smaller but we're very advanced.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-03-07 at 03:24 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post

That's racial. Gray's stop maturing at age... stop growing. And it's a magic motorcycle. Not really.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Banned

It did happen in the book.
    No, it was more of a city. They were brought there unwillingly by Faramir, then attacked by Nazgul.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait a minute, here. The ALF is fairly strong, and against a single country, yes, it might be a threat. But the ALF is against a CONTINENT, which has superior technology, superior numbers, superior defenses, and superior morale. Superior in every way. It is quite easy for at least a few to joke about that.
    Not a continent, all of know Avbaroy.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    HA! We have the reaper, a few tieflings, guinoids, pikalites, a butt load of monsters, and a bunch of epic spell casters. Not to mention the other epic level classes, like 3S. And my widdle Ami will get her miniature otter army to gnaw their eyes out. *proud of Ami*
    You don't have pikalites, these are on the UNA's side. Besides, no amount of physical/magical/whatever power is going to save you from ordnance bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Epic level here.
    Not to mention our awesome army and the Citidel. We might be smaller but we're very advanced.
    That's a bit of an understatement...

That's racial. Gray's stop maturing at age... stop growing. And it's a magic motorcycle. Not really.
    How do they deal with overpopulation ?
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-03-07 at 03:30 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Not a continent, all of know Avbaroy.

You don't have pikalites, these are on the UNA's side. Besides, no amount of physical/magical/whatever power is going to save you from ordnance bombs.
    No.... Pikachu.... knockoffs?.....
    ____

12. - Top - End - #102
    Banned

Epic level here.
    If you're talking about the argument:
    We have no 'awesome army'. We have a bunch of ragtag resisters, many of whom don't get along. We are not organized, we are not a unit, we are just a bunch of smaller groups technically against the same side.
    We are not advanced, either. We have some decent technology, from the Dettas, and a bit of Schizotec stuff. The UNA has Sovice stuff, Schizotec stuff, Pikalite stuff, Salmonville stuff, and Lockutas stuff. Not to mention stuff from the dwarves, elves, orcs, and all those groups.
    Ow.

13. - Top - End - #103

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    How do they deal with overpopulation ?
    Most of them in the past have been sold into slavery or killed. History has not been kind to Grays. They stop aging at that age, but aren't immortal. They die at age 999 precisely. In addition, most grays tend to... mate with other races. The offspring of Gray usually resemble their non-gray parent more, as the genes of grays aren't very dominant.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

No, it was more of a city. They were brought there unwillingly by Faramir, then attacked by Nazgul.
    They went to Henneth Annûn, but I think you're thinking of Osgiliath. They decided that Frodo and Sam needed more opposition in their quest, primarily to delay then, and make the film flow better. David Wenham (who played Faramir) said that the book version was "dramatically dead"

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Most of them in the past have been sold into slavery or killed. History has not been kind to Grays. They stop aging at that age, but aren't immortal. They die at age 999 precisely. In addition, most grays tend to... mate with other races. The offspring of Gray usually resemble their non-gray parent more, as the genes of grays aren't very dominant.
    How did they originally develop their pseudo-immortality ? I'd wager it's the result of some kind of genetic/magical manipulation, since such a thing does not happen like that in nature.

16. - Top - End - #106

Precisely MM. The same way they obtained their poison and acid resistance. Genetic or magic manipulation at the hands of other races. Slaves and test subjects for a while, remember.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm not sure which side Sinister Penguin should be on in Future Imperfect. Would the ALF or the UNA be more suitable for an evil character?
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    They went to Henneth Annûn, but I think you're thinking of Osgiliath. They decided that Frodo and Sam needed more opposition in their quest, primarily to delay then, and make the film flow better. David Wenham (who played Faramir) said that the book version was "dramatically dead"
    Yeah, it was almost as lame as the whole thing with Frodo leaving Sam. It wasn't even that good a scene, either. The worst crime, however, of the movies was Legolas. He is invincible. He never even got a scratch, because he was their 'awesome super smart pretty boy'. Orlando Bloom ruined that movie. They should have just sent him up against Sauron, because he was unhurtable. He could just jump up to the top of the tower. HE WAS THE DUMBEST THING EVER TO HAPPEN TO THE MOVIES!!!

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

If you're talking about the argument:
    We have no 'awesome army'. We have a bunch of ragtag resisters, many of whom don't get along. We are not organized, we are not a unit, we are just a bunch of smaller groups technically against the same side.
    We are not advanced, either. We have some decent technology, from the Dettas, and a bit of Schizotec stuff. The UNA has Sovice stuff, Schizotec stuff, Pikalite stuff, Salmonville stuff, and Lockutas stuff. Not to mention stuff from the dwarves, elves, orcs, and all those groups.
    Ow.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Banned

What?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

What?
    Thoes are the things from the UNA's seemingly endless army. Nameless posted the idea a couple threads ago.
    ____

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Thoes are the things from the UNA's seemingly endless army. Nameless posted the idea a couple threads ago.
    Actually that's ALF's army.
    I've only come up with some basic information at the moment. Everyone is welcomed to contribute of course.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-03-07 at 03:48 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    I'm not sure which side Sinister Penguin should be on in Future Imperfect. Would the ALF or the UNA be more suitable for an evil character?
    That would be ALF. We have plenty of criminals (and also evil guys) plus psychopath's (John Garde's wolf form will end at the resistance at some point and Nameless ain't much better)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

@CrimsonAngel: I don't get it. You killed him.. with a herd of giant caterpillars?

HE WAS THE DUMBEST THING EVER TO HAPPEN TO THE MOVIES!!!
    Nah, there were dumber things. Like omitting Bombadil, or waiting until the Paths of the Dead to give Arúndil to Aragorn. He's meant to get the flag then, not the sword!
    Last edited by Keris; 2009-03-07 at 03:48 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

That would be ALF. We have plenty of criminals (and also evil guys) plus psychopath's (John Garde's wolf form will end at the resistance at some point and Nameless ain't much better)
    Nameless is true neutral, not evil.
    Though it would be good for UNA properganda...

"ALF- The bring nothing but Death" or "ALF- They have Death on their side".

26. - Top - End - #116
    Banned

Actually that's ALF's army.
    I've only come up with some basic information at the moment. Everyone is welcomed to contribute of course.
    Ummm...where the hell would they come from, if you don't mind me asking? The ALF is a group of evil, rather insane terrorists, home to wicked criminals like Igon Minoblendy and that mage guy who has been known to help the mass-murderer Vampire What's-His-Name! Why would they help? The ALF can't even pay!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    The ALF, because the UNA is an organisation dedicated to peace, justice and good quality of life, at least on the outside. And the ALF provides protection from law to its members, and you have more freedom to do your illegal actions.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

And doesn't ALF having an army sort of go against the whole ragtag underground resistance thing?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    And doesn't ALF having an army sort of go against the whole ragtag underground resistance thing?
    Yeah, it does. Clearly, we're gonna have to kill those guys.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Ummm...where the hell would they come from, if you don't mind me asking? The ALF is a group of evil, rather insane terrorists, home to wicked criminals like Igon Minoblendy and that mage guy who has been known to help the mass-murderer Vampire What's-His-Name! Why would they help? The ALF can't even pay!
    ALF are only evil in the UNA's eyes. Good and evil are only concepts in which everyone interprets their own way.
    The ALF are basically a group of people who don't agree with the UNA's plans, Igon isn’t Evil, Nameless isn’t evil.
    The army are other’s much like the main members of the ALF who also disagree with the UNA's plans, so they joined the ALF and got a nice shiny uniform.

It's only a small army, I thought it would make things more interesting if the ALF had one.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-03-07 at 03:59 PM.