New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 55 of 85 FirstFirst ... 53045464748495051525354555657585960616263646580 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 2541
  1. - Top - End - #1621
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    Nothing else to add, I'm not well versed in magic so I'll have to talk about it with someone who is.
    Well, for spell focus I was thinking some kind of "anchor" which allows the D-jumper to lock on to a specific dimension allowing him to come home. An object, rune, anything that you use to focus the magic you are using for the spell. Then you could use that focus point to pinpoint where you came from and reverse the spell.
    A component is anything consumed during the casting of the spell. Like a focus but focuses aren't consumed and can be used over and over, while components are one use only.
    And I like the stargate-type-theme for the base, because I originally envisioned D-jump as being a stargate-type-thing, minus the ring. Plus more computer controls. And I have some ideas how to integrate that with the being a cast spell.
    Just as an added bonus Home Base has certain divisions, Security, Quarantine, Maintenance things like that so you could probably lead one of those.
    Mmm... Maybe something to do with maintenance...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

2. - Top - End - #1622
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Robot slave army to carry ze loot. But that would be far less comedic, no?

3. - Top - End - #1623
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Well, for spell focus I was thinking some kind of "anchor" which allows the D-jumper to lock on to a specific dimension allowing him to come home. An object, rune, anything that you use to focus the magic you are using for the spell. Then you could use that focus point to pinpoint where you came from and reverse the spell.
    A component is anything consumed during the casting of the spell. Like a focus but focuses aren't consumed and can be used over and over, while components are one use only.
    And I like the stargate-type-theme for the base, because I originally envisioned D-jump as being a stargate-type-thing, minus the ring. Plus more computer controls. And I have some ideas how to integrate that with the being a cast spell.

Mmm... Maybe something to do with maintenance...
    Go ahead...

EDIT: Here is the cliched latin to implement in the insignia

novus universitas novus scientia
    Last edited by X2; 2009-04-16 at 09:51 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1624

Not "semper ubi sub ubi?"

5. - Top - End - #1625
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Not "semper ubi sub ubi?"
    What does that mean?

6. - Top - End - #1626
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Boom, TJH comic up. The good guys are about to get a rain of high-explosives. Oh yeah, and the tyrant-guy is back in his fortress foundry, he's not nearby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

7. - Top - End - #1627

Literally: Always where under where.

Now just replace where with wear.

8. - Top - End - #1628
    Ogre in the Playground

Character Concept for Diskord (hell version)

Not sure he looks evil enough....
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

9. - Top - End - #1629
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte Graydon View Post
    Character Concept for Diskord (hell version)

Not sure he looks evil enough....
    Not evil enough? Are you trying to make Sauron look like Ned Flanders?

10. - Top - End - #1630
    Ogre in the Playground

Not evil enough? Are you trying to make Sauron look like Ned Flanders?
    Yes....
    But I'm not sure about his groin area and legs...
    what could I add?
    (he's bigger than normal ppl tooo ^^)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.

11. - Top - End - #1631

Yes....
    what could I add?
    EVIL GROIN!

12. - Top - End - #1632
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

There is no way I am drawing those wings...

As for the evilness, My Machinists now look downright adorable in comparison...
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

13. - Top - End - #1633
    Banned

Yes....
    what could I add?
    Add shoulderpads...

Also:

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1634
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    There is no way I am drawing those wings...
    Yeah, sorry, I'm just gonna draw a big grey block and say 'look! Diskord's turned himself into a giant block for teh duration of this comic! Egads!'.

15. - Top - End - #1635
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Yeah, sorry, I'm just gonna draw a big grey block and say 'look! Diskord's turned himself into a giant block for teh duration of this comic! Egads!'.
    My plan, at the beginning of every comic I draw him in, the Machinists will shoot shells at him, blowing up his wings. After the comic is done, he can regenerate them or something.
    [/Center]

16. - Top - End - #1636
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    My TJH comic.
    Sorry about the low quality, I was rushed. Now I'm off for my usual 5 minutes of sleep...
    What the heck...!?

17. - Top - End - #1637
    Ogre in the Playground

*Shadow appears on floor*
    Machinists: "LOOK OUT! IT'S DISKORD THE LORD OF DEMISE! SHOOT HIM! SHOOT HIM!!!!"
    *Explosions*
    *Diskord land's in a piles of shattered wingbones without a scratch (or maybe a single scratch) on him*
    Diskord: "Those things are very hard to wire back on you know....!"

any ideas for lower body coverage?
    that still make him look badass?

Also:
    Diskord > than Sauron Flanders.
    Last edited by Fay Graydon; 2009-04-16 at 10:56 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1638
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

*Shadow appears on floor*
    Machinists: "LOOK OUT! IT'S DISKORD THE LORD OF DEMISE! SHOOT HIM! SHOOT HIM!!!!"
    *Explosions*
    *Diskord land's in a piles of shattered wingbones without a scratch (or maybe a single scratch) on him*
    Diskord: "Those things are very hard to wire back on you know....!"
    That's pretty much what I had planned. I should write some stuff up about the Machinists...
    [/Center]

19. - Top - End - #1639
    Banned

Can someone edit the wiki to include X2 and a brief plot summary of TJH?

20. - Top - End - #1640
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Can TJH still be joined? I know the portal is about to close, but I think character can enter different ways, or am I wrong? And I would have just neat concept for villain character...

And with all these villains (hopefully mine as well when I get around on finishing his template and story), some very amusing Eviler Than Thou-moments are bound to crop up as pecking order of evil is settled

21. - Top - End - #1641
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    Can TJH still be joined? I know the portal is about to close, but I think character can enter different ways, or am I wrong? And I would have just neat concept for villain character...

And with all these villains (hopefully mine as well when I get around on finishing his template and story), some very amusing Eviler Than Thou-moments are bound to crop up as pecking order of evil is settled
    About to close? Its closed now... but I doubt a villain character would use the same portal the protaganists use.

22. - Top - End - #1642
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Well, that makes sense I guess. Besides, my very basic concept of him is chaos personified (not necessarily ultimately evil, just so random and chaotic as one can be), and his aim is to spread chaos and confusion everywhere he walks. Or so it seems . So I guess other portal could pop out somewhere in fiery nevada

Now I just have to draw up the basics... this will take a while I recon
    Last edited by Grim ranger; 2009-04-17 at 06:35 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1643
    Ogre in the Playground

About to close? Its closed now... but I doubt a villain character would use the same portal the protaganists use.
    There is no problem. I, myself, am planning on entering via a conveniently placed 'jump'.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1644
    Ettin in the Playground

I've added a page on Incarnum to the ABR wiki with just about everything I know of it, hopefully that'll lay rest to any disputes regarding the plane.

25. - Top - End - #1645
    Ogre in the Playground

But I'm not sure about his groin area and his legs.
    what could I add?
    I'd make a comment here. But I'm too mature for that. <.<

Give him some boots, or maybe wrap some chains or something around his legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadoomer
    tiff...I have no clue how you have that program that's cost is in the quadruple digits..
    Well I'm only installing flash 8 on this old junkbox, not cs4. Flash 8 is only in the triple digits.
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2009-04-17 at 11:33 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1646
    Bugbear in the Playground

tiff...I have no clue how you have that program that's cost is in the quadruple digits...

anyways, I'm trying to make the black lines on my characters less blurry, You guys know how to get them sharper?

27. - Top - End - #1647
    Banned

What the heck...!?
    My character (who isn't a wight, but a bald albino wearing all black) didn't want to go through the portal, one of the other guys tried to make him get going, there was a scuffle, eventually the other guy grabbed my character and stuck him in a catapult. He then launched him out.
    Arg, why must my comics always be so confusing?

28. - Top - End - #1648
    Troll in the Playground

Sounds like an interesting plot.
    I might make a character for it, when I get less busy.

But I've said this before...

29. - Top - End - #1649
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

@Xartyve: I've got an idea for my character's backstory: He was Damiens teacher (high school or something) and friends of his parents and since he himself was interested in the nature of these other universes, Damien's parents made him promise to watch over him (you know how some parents are) and his name is Moss Agat by the way. So how is it?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

30. - Top - End - #1650
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm gunna throw together the next FFF comic if nobody minds...
    I has a PLN!
    Is a way to mean im not a redundant blind guy ^^
    ... well i am... but...
    You'll see....
    (So no plot advancement in the Rand or Lying scenario pls)

Its gunna be a funneh non plot...
    >.>
    <.<
    >.>
    Last edited by Fay Graydon; 2009-04-17 at 12:06 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show