New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 83 of 85 FirstFirst ... 335873747576777879808182838485 LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 2541
  1. - Top - End - #2461
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Ahh.

MM, but XP has a system that makes sense... I'm not really much of a Vista fan, though I think Windows 7's going to be awesome. I've heard the Beta rules. Easy to use? I wish... I spent hours upon hours (probably around 50) trying to get X11 so inkscape would run... It took me many months to learn that it was already on the computer, and many more months to figure out that it wasn't the real thing; only a pre-downloaded (before the computer was shipped) program with the same ID, but none of the coding. As for the viruses, that's because no one can figure out how the hell to write any =P It does bug up a lot, though... I've had more errors in the first week on that thing than I've had on my XP during its whole life. My apple experience may have been unique, but it sucked... On top of the over double pricetag, and lack of games, folder navigation, and decent search engines (they clog up with random unrelated junk... Programming files they didn't bother to compile into an inaccessible folder). Now ending the discussion.

Memnarch: Wow. I totally didn't ever realize those were even there. They only appear on a couple of websites, so... Yeah. That's awesome that FF can block them out.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

2. - Top - End - #2462
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Opera comes with an adblocker in it I believe.

As for mac viruses, main reason for so few is apple isn't all the widely used. (yet)
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

3. - Top - End - #2463

Mac sales have actually started to decline recently, so it's probably just a phase... Windows 7 is probably going to come close to stamping them out entirely.

I'm surprised anyone knows the coding for that monstrous system... Wow... That Virus maker must work for Apple, or have a lot of time to kill.

Is there even any Antivirus software for Macs? And are there any ways to remove viruses? Or free up excess machine space (i.e. Defragging)? I'd hate to get a virus like that, especially if I was relatively computer illiterate, like most Mac users (not trying to stab at anyone or making any generalizations, but isn't that Mac's platform?)...
    Last edited by Wreckingrocc; 2009-04-23 at 08:37 PM.

4. - Top - End - #2464
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't like people who choose macs because it gets not viruses. The thing is, the first computer virus was made for a mac.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

5. - Top - End - #2465
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Szilard View Post
    I don't like people who choose macs because it gets not viruses. The thing is, the first computer virus was made for a mac.
    Is it the one that caused all macs to henceforth shut down for no apparent reason?

6. - Top - End - #2466
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Some people think that Mac's don't get viruses. In fact, Mac's are just as virus-prone as PC's (I think). It's just that, since the majority of people use windows, most virus-makers program their viruses to attack windows systems; So it's less that, to use a metaphor, Mac's are sitting in an unbreachable fortress, and more that nobody's bothering to attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

7. - Top - End - #2467

Imp

I have a PC laptop for personal use (and notetaking in class), but I use Macs for film classes (and occasionally browsing the web with Safari while I'm waiting for the project to write onto a DVD).

From my experience, the two biggest differences between the systems are A) the types of programs available (games for PCs, creative programs for Macs), and B) program navigation, which is just a matter of familiarity.

Both systems are fine. It's just a matter of what you need from them. As it turns out, I need both.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

8. - Top - End - #2468
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Some people think that Mac's don't get viruses. In fact, Mac's are just as virus-prone as PC's (I think). It's just that, since the majority of people use windows, most virus-makers program their viruses to attack windows systems; So it's less that, to use a metaphor, Mac's are sitting in an unbreachable fortress, and more that nobody's bothering to attack.
    Thank you! So few people I explain it to understand this concept!

9. - Top - End - #2469
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Thank you! So few people I explain it to understand this concept!
    I know the feeling.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

10. - Top - End - #2470
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post
    From my experience, the two biggest differences between the systems are A) the types of programs available (games for PCs, creative programs for Macs)
    Like what? I've not seen a single mainstream creative program that's unavailable on Windows. In fact, 3DS Max, which I have to use for my course, is Windows-exclusive.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #2471
    Banned

This is why I use Netscape. The bookmarks manager is much easier to manage than IE's, its restore session is better than Firefox's, and the tabs are better than both.

12. - Top - End - #2472

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post
    Like what? I've not seen a single mainstream creative program that's unavailable on Windows. In fact, 3DS Max, which I have to use for my course, is Windows-exclusive.
    Final Cut, for one. I use that for all of my editing.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Then don't look close.

13. - Top - End - #2473
    Banned

Can someone with wiki access let me know how to delete an article. I want the Xartyve2 one I accidentally posted gone.

14. - Top - End - #2474
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

On the subject of Brain in warden armor, it might not be as ridiculous as you think. Machinists are physically weak, so the armor would be largely self-powering. With enough telekinetic skill he could probably simulate the effects of a pilot inside the armor (provided he can do Telekinesis without his body). Sure i t will drain his power points quickly, and while he's doing that he probably can't use other Psionic powers, but it's an explination.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

15. - Top - End - #2475
    Ettin in the Playground

On the subject of Brain in warden armor, it might not be as ridiculous as you think. Machinists are physically weak, so the armor would be largely self-powering. With enough telekinetic skill he could probably simulate the effects of a pilot inside the armor (provided he can do Telekinesis without his body). Sure i t will drain his power points quickly, and while he's doing that he probably can't use other Psionic powers, but it's an explination.
    Basically Johann Kraus at the end of Hellboy 2

16. - Top - End - #2476
    Barbarian in the Playground

I have two better explanations:
    They wired Brain in using the remains of his old body.
    Or
    The Rule of Cool and the Rule of Funny are working together to harmonize the mind and metal creating a psychic bond of über-magic never seen before in all of the multiverse.
    Or, you know, whatever works for you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

17. - Top - End - #2477
    Troll in the Playground

Today, I went up to every girl I know and asked them all out. (but first I told them that last part.) I got 9 yesses and 23 no's
    ____

18. - Top - End - #2478
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Today, I went up to every girl I know and asked them all out. (but first I told them that last part.) I got 9 yesses and 23 no's
    Huuhh... Kinda reminds of the time I went up to every person I came across at my old school and kissed them.

19. - Top - End - #2479
    Troll in the Playground

What'll happen when two of the people who replied positively meet eachother?

Not a good idea.

20. - Top - End - #2480

...You only know 32 girls? Wow, you must be living under a rock.

I go to a tiny school (~50 kids/grade), and I know at least five times as many as you (within 1.5 years of age).

The other question... Why?
    Last edited by Wreckingrocc; 2009-04-24 at 03:46 PM.

21. - Top - End - #2481

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Huuhh... Kinda reminds of the time I went up to every person I came across at my old school and kissed them.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

22. - Top - End - #2482

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Have you not heard that story before? Yeah, that's why Nameless is in prison.
    Show
    Then don't look close.

23. - Top - End - #2483
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post
    Have you not heard that story before? Yeah, that's why Nameless is in prison.
    Is this the story with the Goat, and the lemonade stand, and that hilariously disfunctional cop duo?
    [/Center]

24. - Top - End - #2484
    Banned

Is this the story with the Goat, and the lemonade stand, and that hilariously disfunctional cop duo?
    Oh I've got to hear this.

25. - Top - End - #2485
    Ettin in the Playground

No, that's how he lost his virginity.

This is the one with the rabbi, the preschool teacher, and the seven midgets.

26. - Top - End - #2486

Good comic Xartvye.

So...still no new thread, huh?
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

27. - Top - End - #2487
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

No, that's how he lost his virginity.

Oh yeah, that was great. Shame about the gerbils though.
    [/Center]

28. - Top - End - #2488
    Titan in the Playground

It's funny 'cos it's true.

29. - Top - End - #2489

Oh yeah, that was great. Shame about the gerbils though.
    ...Did I miss something? You were harming cute fuzzy animals! The Lemming Legions shall skydive onto your house for this atrocity!
    *No gerbils were harmed in the sending of this message. No lemmings either. 3 kittens, 26 caterpillars and a flamingo were though.*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

30. - Top - End - #2490
    Titan in the Playground

*chops up and tortured random fluffy animals*

Sorry what?