New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Random Banter #117

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    I just found it a little odd, is all. You're so very knowledgeable about, well, everything else.
    I've only been reading properly for fourteen years! Gimme a break!
    Despite what my sig says, I have yet to devour every book in existence. And there're many, many areas in which I know jack or near enough that it makes no difference.
    But yeah, I guess in literature I'm probably more well - read than most people my age and willing to discuss it, sometimes quite volubly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #122

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    There is Lego all over my desk.
    I cannot do anything here because there's Lego in the way.
    And this isn't all of it. This is some of the smaller sets that have just accumulated.
    Arrrgh. >,<
    You seem to be missing the point. You can build things out of Lego. What more do you need?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Tell me about it. I couldn't even get access to most of the books I wanted to read when I was in secondary until Y10 or later. Thank Io for befriending and practically working as a school Librarian. And I wrote all their quizzes!
    But I has access to know.

Did you like the other review too?
    I very much enjoyed the other review!

Today's been a big stresser in terms of money (realizing I need money I don't have very soon), and these have been exactly the sorts of things I need to avoid breaking down. I'm smiling, instead, which is something I wasn't sure I'd be doing. Thanks.

Random topic change: I need hair ties of some sort. I am becoming unsatisfied with the way it looks when I just let it lie flat, but I'm not really sure what style to shoot for.

4. - Top - End - #124

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    I very much enjoyed the other review!

Today's been a big stresser in terms of money (realizing I need money I don't have very soon), and these have been exactly the sorts of things I need to avoid breaking down. I'm smiling, instead, which is something I wasn't sure I'd be doing. Thanks.
    Sweet! I made Phoe happy, best thing I've done all day. And I had fun reviewing them too.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Random topic change: I need hair ties of some sort. I am becoming unsatisfied with the way it looks when I just let it lie flat, but I'm not really sure what style to shoot for.
    Well, how long's your hair?
    Curly, wavy, straight?
    Normally leave it flat? Try some ordinary pony tails, nape of neck, high etc.; for that just use bog standard hair bands or scrunchies. Perhaps ribbons if you fell adventerous, but I've no idea how to keep them on (my hair is choas theory incarnate and hates being restrained).
    You tried plaits? Braids?
    ALice bands maybe? Still down, but pushed back and gives a little more body to your hair.
    I used to be fairly adventurous with hair styles (well weird ones) before I just got bored; anything goes really.
    I'd make a high pony tail using a plain black band, split the tail into x parts and make x braids or 1/2x braids and 1/2 loose and wrap ribbon around the black band holding the tail together. Then I'd fiddle around with the braids.

I was an odd girl. Still am, but my hair rebelled. Now it's a bit like King Charles' but nowhere near as corkscrewy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

I never styled my hair. At best I wore it in a ponytail. Mostly I just combed it so it wasn't a complete mess and called it a day.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Sweet! I made Phoe happy, best thing I've done all day. And I had fun reviewing them too.

Well, how long's your hair?
    Curly, wavy, straight?
    Normally leave it flat? Try some ordinary pony tails, nape of neck, high etc.; for that just use bog standard hair bands or scrunchies. Perhaps ribbons if you fell adventerous, but I've no idea how to keep them on (my hair is choas theory incarnate and hates being restrained).
    You tried plaits? Braids?
    ALice bands maybe? Still down, but pushed back and gives a little more body to your hair.
    I used to be fairly adventurous with hair styles (well weird ones) before I just got bored; anything goes really.
    I'd make a high pony tail using a plain black band, split the tail into x parts and make x braids or 1/2x braids and 1/2 loose and wrap ribbon around the black band holding the tail together. Then I'd fiddle around with the braids.

I was an odd girl. Still am, but my hair rebelled. Now it's a bit like King Charles' but nowhere near as corkscrewy.
    It's a little bit past my shoulders (just a tiny, tiny bit) at its longest, and as straight as straight can be. I've been trying to grow it out for a while now, ever since I stopped having to fight my parents and sister who all wanted me to have short hair. It's not so much that they forced me as it is that I have no spine, and would cut it short every time they asked more than once.

I've not been very adventurous with my hair, and I don't know a lot about styling it, but now that I'm free enough to have the chance, I want to explore!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

I can't style my hair, so I just wear a hat all the time.

yes, can't. My hair finds a way to go back to it's normal self no matter what. Even slathered in gel, give it a couple hours, and it's mostly back where it was. I've got some pomade, but never really bothered trying it.

On the plus side, I've found hat hair works pretty well for me, just have to fluff it out a bit.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

If you have impossible, thin, straight hair like mine, then mousse is your friend. If you want to go through the time and effort to blow-dry it, then it gives you more body without making it all sticky, and it is the only way to make my hair hold a curl for more than a couple minutes. Also, it helps keep hair up if you want to do something fancy with it.

Stylewise, I am a big fan of the french twist. A little mousse, a few hair pins and it looks great. Very classy, even if I don't take much time on it and it comes out a bit messy, and it takes like five minutes.

Otherwise, I wear a ponytail almost every day. I got a bit tired of it recently, so I started just pulling the front back with flat clips. It is a little juvenile, maybe, but simple and looks like I've actually done something with it. It takes mere seconds, too, which is good.
    Many thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

I don't "style" my hair...I just shower/wash it, dry it with a towel, mess around with it with my hands until I like it...and that's it.

Haven't combed or brushed my hair in years...probably at least five years, maybe more.

Several of my female friends want to straighten it when it's at its longest (right before I get it cut).

I'm kind of afraid of that, though. I don't like being a paper doll.

So yeah, I'm afraid I no absolutely nothing about styling hair.

BUT: I applaud your adventurousness! Go PhoeKun!

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

My pillow is who decides my daily hair style.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

I was going to straighten my hair (which makes me look like someone has glued a crow to somtething, then attacked it with blowdriers from all angles), but then I was reminded of a timed essay I had to do for tomorrow.

Friggin' mountains! Now my back is sore from being hunched over typing at the speed of thought.

Also, I may have burned my scalp a bit. I need some boy-straighteners.
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coplantor View Post
    My pillow is who decides my daily hair style.
    Now, someone who speaks my language. But I must ask, does your pillow charge you as much for it as mine does?

Honestly though, my philosophy is to try to keep my hair cut short enough that I don't have to mess around with it, because I can't really be bothered to put in the effort for fancy-prancy hair styles.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

For me Spring Break begins April 9 and ends April 13.

For hair, I prefer it cut short.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

14. - Top - End - #134

I just comb my hair up after showering, and it settles itself into a weird, upward style. Not hard to take care of though, and I don't have to get it cut very often.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Anyway, the point is: Did you remember to be awesome today? Trick question.
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Banned

CurlyKitGirl gives analysis, and in a more commercial vein, review. I give feedback and attention. Out of respect to the recently broken writing block, this'll be at feedback level two, where an aspiring author ought to enjoy level three at least. (Authors use constructive feedback, where a level two is usually meant for someone who wouldn't like to revise their work, just enjoy it.)

I couldn't resist sneaking one more peek, reading one more page, before starting to cook dinner. It was wise--that page was Glacier, the only poem which showed rather than told, the only symbol to contemplate, the only one that required work to yield its secrets. I ruminated on the symbol, wondered why the breath of the speaker rolled along the ground when our human breath hangs higher, whether "I can't move" precluded the speaker being the sea, why "She stands, and I watch" implied vertical distance instead of horizontal, fiddled with the difficulty of a moving/still/moving glacier, and chalked it up to the uncertainty of the speaker's position, and settled on the voice being that of the changeable sea.

Now I go to style my hair in Coplantor's fashion. Goodnight!

17. - Top - End - #137

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    Anyway, the point is: Did you remember to be awesome today? Trick question.
    Yes, Dragonrider. Is the trick supposed to be that you know we aren't awesome(A lie, by the way), or that we are, or a third option? Although I could be more awesome. I'm planning to deal with that later this evening.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

The trick is, according to Nerdfighter Charter (which I may or may not have made up right now), you are supposed to not forget to be awesome in the first place.

Remembering implies you forgot it.

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line".

EDIT: Also, not DR, but JG & HG.
    Last edited by The Rose Dragon; 2009-03-10 at 07:25 PM.
    I use black for sarcasm.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know if anyone else knows, but YouTube is blocking all music content for British users because they didn't want to pay large royalties. Apparently it comes into effect on Monday. YouTube isn't changing their stance.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Well, YouTube was blocked in Turkey completely, so meh.
    I use black for sarcasm.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    CurlyKitGirl gives analysis, and in a more commercial vein, review. I give feedback and attention. Out of respect to the recently broken writing block, this'll be at feedback level two, where an aspiring author ought to enjoy level three at least. (Authors use constructive feedback, where a level two is usually meant for someone who wouldn't like to revise their work, just enjoy it.)

I couldn't resist sneaking one more peek, reading one more page, before starting to cook dinner. It was wise--that page was Glacier, the only poem which showed rather than told, the only symbol to contemplate, the only one that required work to yield its secrets. I ruminated on the symbol, wondered why the breath of the speaker rolled along the ground when our human breath hangs higher, whether "I can't move" precluded the speaker being the sea, why "She stands, and I watch" implied vertical distance instead of horizontal, fiddled with the difficulty of a moving/still/moving glacier, and chalked it up to the uncertainty of the speaker's position, and settled on the voice being that of the changeable sea.

Now I go to style my hair in Coplantor's fashion. Goodnight!
    Hm. Hm, hm, hm.

You hit harder when you decide to wear the kid gloves. I take it you believe "show don't tell" to be an immutable rule? Or do I simply lack the skill to safely ignore it?

22. - Top - End - #142

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    The trick is, according to Nerdfighter Charter (which I may or may not have made up right now), you are supposed to not forget to be awesome in the first place.

Remembering implies you forgot it.

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line".

EDIT: Also, not DR, but JG & HG.
    Dri used to have that in her sig. I didn't know what they were until you asked me about it and I had to look it up. This was life-changing.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

So bed hair is Coplantor's fashion now? Great, another thing from the list acomplished.

If you were wondering, it is number 6, success in the world of fashion.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

24. - Top - End - #144
    Bugbear in the Playground

I just slap a hat on. It works for me, and apparently has caused a girl to want my head because she thinks its cute.

All I can think of is my head mounted on her wall in the same fashion as a deer head
    Super-amazing avatar by Ceika!
    << It's a mound of rainbowflesh, do NOT forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by xNadia View Post
    See the rainbowflesh, EAT the rainbowflesh, BELIEVE THE RAINBOWFLESH!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    I just slap a hat on. It works for me, and apparently has caused a girl to want my head because she thinks its cute.

All I can think of is my head mounted on her wall in the same fashion as a deer head
    Hey, it'd get you into her house.

I kid, I kid.

Also:

Coplantor...HIGH-FIVE! SUCCESS!

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

My number six is lasso a giraffe while balancing upside down on a bear's head.

I've crossed it off, but I kinda cheated. I was technically throwing a ball of yarn at a toy giraffe, while standing rightside-up on a bearskin rug, and wrestling a bear.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

27 was hard, bungee jumping using my intestines as a bungee cord... Sheesh, all the messy complications we had, but in the end it all trned out well.

And sneak, FIVE-HIGHED already!
    I WAS THERE

Spoiler
    Show

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

YEAH!

I have not yet punched a whale.

My life is a sad, sad affair.
    Last edited by Sneak; 2009-03-10 at 10:03 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Bugbear in the Playground

My goals are lame.

Most of them consist of "go home and pass out on the couch"
    or
    "go home and not pass out on the couch"

As you can clearly see, I totally push the limit all the time.
    Super-amazing avatar by Ceika!
    << It's a mound of rainbowflesh, do NOT forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by xNadia View Post
    See the rainbowflesh, EAT the rainbowflesh, BELIEVE THE RAINBOWFLESH!

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Try stepping it up a little.

Go home and pass out...on a bear.

And...yeah, I'm tapped.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show