New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Random Banter #117

Today has been gooooood!
    No history, Classics I kind of did all the work on Book Four yesterday so I did nothing today and won't tomorrow.
    Lit was Lit. And we did a umb show, I had to dress and undress the Cardinal. Ours was the funniest dumb show interpretation.
    Coursework drafts came back today; I was shocked when I got the rought grade of an A- as I spent two hours writing the bleedin' thing the day it was due and did so little work during ourcoursework lessons it's unbelievable.
    Actually I did do work, it was just for my friends' coursework instead.
    She redid her AS coursework and has a rough draft of a B already (one grade higher than last year) and this years' as a very high C.
    We're working on her again tomorrow to bring it up more.

I am good at Lit. ANd I'm so happy she got great grades!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    I like the second version more.

And by that, I mean The Perfect Crime #2.
    Just pulled that one up on Youtube, it's quite different (both style and lyrics and vocals). It's definitely good.
    I prefer the Faith No More one.
    Now for some Scat(man John)

EDIT: Well Curly, I'm happy that you're happy that you're friend is getting good grades. Happiness is something to be happy about. I'm not sure whether I'm making any sense anyway.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-03-11 at 02:18 PM.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    ha ha ha...
    FYI, I posted another BASC chapter in the new shipping thread.

@Fred: *waves* it's good to be back. It's been a rough week.

Edit: @Curly: New BASC chapter in shipping...

Yeah, I said it twice!
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2009-03-11 at 02:39 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

And this is why I don´t usually come to RB anymore.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    FYI, I posted another BASC chapter in the new shipping thread.

@Fred: *waves* it's good to be back. It's been a rough week.

Edit: @Curly: New BASC chapter in shipping...

Yeah, I said it twice!
    I heard. I feel your pain my friend, the same thing happened to me in January. He died of cancer. In a way, his death was a release from the suffering he was going through, he wasn't himself in his final hours, he didn't speak to anyone, not even my grandmother, he just lay there in bed with his eyes open. I was fortunate enough not to watch him die.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    I heard. I feel your pain my friend, the same thing happened to me in January. He died of cancer. In a way, his death was a release from the suffering he was going through, he wasn't himself in his final hours, he didn't speak to anyone, not even my grandmother, he just lay there in bed with his eyes open. I was fortunate enough not to watch him die.
    Dealing with death is hard. I just lost my great-grandfather about a month back. He was 99.

The hardest part was seeing him age. He did everything for himself: he grew up in the Depression, but he became a farmer and lived a clean, hard-working life. And if you asked him how he was doing, any day at all, he would always reply "Mighty fine!" But when he was older, I knew he didn't enjoy having to rely on a walker, on other people, on anything else. He enjoyed being able to support his own life, and it pained him to lose that self-sufficience.

God, I wish I had been able to say goodbye to him.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    Dealing with death is hard. I just lost my great-grandfather about a month back. He was 99.

The hardest part was seeing him age. He did everything for himself: he grew up in the Depression, but he became a farmer and lived a clean, hard-working life. And if you asked him how he was doing, any day at all, he would always reply "Mighty fine!" But when he was older, I knew he didn't enjoy having to rely on a walker, on other people, on anything else. He enjoyed being able to support his own life, and it pained him to lose that self-sufficience.

God, I wish I had been able to say goodbye to him.
    We all wish we had the chance to say goodbye to the people we've lost in life. Even if I had said goodbye to my granddad though, in his state, he probably wouldn't have heard me, or at least he wouldn't have been able to say anything back.
    But enough about death. We're both still alive (I was the last time I checked, don't know about you. ). The people you lose in life never want you to forget them, but they also don't want you moping about all the while because you miss them.
    Okay, I said all that and can't think of a new topic that isn't death-related.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

We all wish we had the chance to say goodbye to the people we've lost in life. Even if I had said goodbye to my granddad though, in his state, he probably wouldn't have heard me, or at least he wouldn't have been able to say anything back.
    But enough about death. We're both still alive (I was the last time I checked, don't know about you. ). The people you lose in life never want you to forget them, but they also don't want you moping about all the while because you miss them.
    Yeah, you're completely right. I've pretty well moved on, I'm just disappointed that I never got to tell him exactly how well I thought of him until after he was dead. Ah well, if there's a heaven, he's there, and if it has Internet access, he can find out right now that I think he was a wonderful great-granddad who raised one hell of a family and lived one hell of a life.

Non-death-related, I live in the middle of a cornfield, and it's manure-spreading time for the farmers. Did someone say something about a ****storm...?

9. - Top - End - #219
    Banned

"CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.”

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.”
    That's a good point. I do like kittens, but I prefer dogs, something about having a loyal companion descended from the cunning wolf just makes me feel proud.

ARK, I like the way you think, because if heaven doesn't have internet access, then I'm pretty much going to build it when I get there. Also, the ****storm made me laugh. Thankyou for that. The Beatles are also cheering me up too. You say you want a revolution, we all wanna change the world.
    Bands that make me proud to be English: Queen, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin and many more.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

That's a good point. I do like kittens, but I prefer dogs, something about having a loyal companion descended from the cunning wolf just makes me feel proud.

ARK, I like the way you think, because if heaven doesn't have internet access, then I'm pretty much going to build it when I get there. Also, the ****storm made me laugh. Thankyou for that. The Beatles are also cheering me up too. You say you want a revolution, we all wanna change the world.
    Bands that make me proud to be English: Queen, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin and many more.
    You know he's quoting Death from Discworld, right?

Also, I have a band that makes me proud to be American (as if we need any reason to be proud other than our kickass giant SUVs and heart-stopping foods ): They Might Be Giants.
    Last edited by A Rainy Knight; 2009-03-11 at 03:42 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

You know he's quoting Death from Discworld, right?

Also, I have a band that makes me proud to be American (as if we need any reason to be proud other than our kickass giant SUVs and heart-stopping foods ): They Might Be Giants.
    Which book? I haven't read them all yet. In the house I have Carpet Juggulum, Making Money, The Truth and Going Postal left to read. I'll move onto them after I finish "Streets of Blood" (Shadowrun novel).
    You americans with your SUV's and heart-stopping foods.
    *Shakes fist*
    I have one question though, WHERE THE HELL IS DISNEY LAND: ENGLAND?
    I like what I've seen of America (Florida, Disney World, Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure, Seaworld, Denny's).
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

13. - Top - End - #223
    Barbarian in the Playground

Which book? I haven't read them all yet. In the house I have Carpet Juggulum, Making Money, The Truth and Going Postal left to read. I'll move onto them after I finish "Streets of Blood" (Shadowrun novel).
    You americans with your SUV's and heart-stopping foods.
    *Shakes fist*
    I have one question though, WHERE THE HELL IS DISNEY LAND: ENGLAND?
    I like what I've seen of America (Florida, Disney World, Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure, Seaworld, Denny's).
    Off the top of my head, I think it's Mort. But I'm sure someone with better Discworld knowledge or who's actually taken the time to look it up will correct me.

Why would we want a Disneyland? I mean, I've only been to the one in Paris, but I wasn't overly impressed.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    Off the top of my head, I think it's Mort. But I'm sure someone with better Discworld knowledge or who's actually taken the time to look it up will correct me.

Why would we want a Disneyland? I mean, I've only been to the one in Paris, but I wasn't overly impressed.
    The one in Paris is nothing compared to the American one. I suppose we just don't have the space for one that good. Poor us. I like Disney World, it makes me feel like a 10 year old again. The Muppets are my special friends.
    I googled it and it's Sourcery.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

The one in Paris is nothing compared to the American one. I suppose we just don't have the space for one that good. Poor us. I like Disney World, it makes me feel like a 10 year old again. The Muppets are my special friends.
    I googled it and it's Sourcery.
    Huh, I thought I'd read that line before, and I haven't read Sourcery. Maybe his love of cats was mentioned in a different book, just not that specific line. I was definitely thinking Mort or Reaper Man, but the power of Google is probably right.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Huh, I thought I'd read that line before, and I haven't read Sourcery. Maybe his love of cats was mentioned in a different book, just not that specific line. I was definitely thinking Mort or Reaper Man, but the power of Google is probably right.
    Yep, although the actually conversation is
    "Then why is life worth living" (Ipserolde I think)
    "BECAUSE" he said eventually, "CATS, CATS ARE NICE" (Death)
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

17. - Top - End - #227
    Banned

Those tiny lizards skittering along the edges of the ornamental plantings in Disney World wouldn't thrive in the French climate of EuroDisney Disneyland Paris, nor would the fountains and water rides stink downwind with that over-enthusiastic American dose of chlorine, and I cannot imagine that the sunshine descends like syrup anywhere on these rather northerly isles even in summertime. You can't put an entire theme park under glass and call it a hothouse.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Those tiny lizards skittering along the edges of the ornamental plantings in Disney World wouldn't thrive in the French climate of EuroDisney Disneyland Paris, nor would the fountains and water rides stink downwind with that over-enthusiastic American dose of chlorine, and I cannot imagine that the sunshine descends like syrup anywhere on these rather northerly isles even in summertime. You can't put an entire theme park under glass and call it a hothouse.
    Okay. It's just that, as a child (I still consider myself a child) Disney World seems better than Disneyland Paris. Also, I like Florida as a whole, compared to what I've seen of France, which is some of The Alps.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay. It's just that, as a child (I still consider myself a child) Disney World seems better than Disneyland Paris. Also, I like Florida as a whole, compared to what I've seen of France, which is some of The Alps.
    I've been to Disney World in Florida once. But you know what my favorite vacation destination is? (I'm Virginian, by the way) South Carolina. I go to the beach there almost every summer. It's a great place, and I have way more fun than I think I did in Florida. At least I think so; I was really young when I went to Disney World.

Also, South Carolina's driving laws strike me as a wee bit dangerous. Here in Virginia at my age and with my learner's permit, I can drive a car if a licensed driver at least 21 is in my passenger seat, and I can only carry one (?) non-family passenger. My cousin in South Carolina, who's a few months younger than me? He can drive a car on his own with basically no restrictions other than, I believe, a curfew.

Did you know that South Carolina has one of the lowest life expectancies in the United States?

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

My sister has just shown me something amazing...

Nightmare Revisited

The Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack covered by the likes of Marilyn Manson and KoRn. It's genius.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

I've been to Disney World in Florida once. But you know what my favorite vacation destination is? (I'm Virginian, by the way) South Carolina. I go to the beach there almost every summer. It's a great place, and I have way more fun than I think I did in Florida. At least I think so; I was really young when I went to Disney World.

Also, South Carolina's driving laws strike me as a wee bit dangerous. Here in Virginia at my age and with my learner's permit, I can drive a car if a licensed driver at least 21 is in my passenger seat, and I can only carry one (?) non-family passenger. My cousin in South Carolina, who's a few months younger than me? He can drive a car on his own with basically no restrictions other than, I believe, a curfew.

Did you know that South Carolina has one of the lowest life expectancies in the United States?
    Well, Florida is the only time I've ever been to America. So I don't know what the rest is like.
    I didn't know that about South Carolina though. If I get the chance though, I'll have to take a trip to Virginia and come visit you my friend. You've got 6 to 8 years to run.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-03-11 at 04:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

22. - Top - End - #232

SHame upon ye who calls himself a geek and one who worships I, the Goddess of the Written Word, yet does not read he whom I have blessed with my highest powers and blessed with the greatest of Muses.
    For to forsake the one who has my patronage is likened unto blasphemy in the apocryphal writings.
    Shame on ye. Shame and damnation eternal.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, Florida is the only time I've ever been to America. So I don't know what the rest is like.
    I didn't know that about South Carolina though. If I get the chance though, I'll have to take a trip to Virginia and come visit you my friend. You've got 6 to 8 years to run.
    Well then, you're deprived of the stereotypes we Americans make of each other! Let me fill you in on one:

Here in Virginia, West Virginians are basically seen as inbred hillbillies who make a living out of shooting woodland creatures and eating them. I'm not saying it's true, there's a lovely and smart West Virginia-born girl in my class, but I'm certainly saying it's good to poke fun at West Virginians with.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

Well then, you're deprived of the stereotypes we Americans make of each other! Let me fill you in on one:

Here in Virginia, West Virginians are basically seen as inbred hillbillies who make a living out of shooting woodland creatures and eating them. I'm not saying it's true, there's a lovely and smart West Virginia-born girl in my class, but I'm certainly saying it's good to poke fun at West Virginians with.
    Hmmm, I promise not to poke fun unless provoked.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl
    SHame upon ye who calls himself a geek and one who worships I, the Goddess of the Written Word, yet does not read he whom I have blessed with my highest powers and blessed with the greatest of Muses.
    For to forsake the one who has my patronage is likened unto blasphemy in the apocryphal writings.
    Shame on ye. Shame and damnation eternal.
    I'm almost finished with "Streets of Blood" anyway.
    And who said I worshipped you? I acknowledge that you are incredibly skilled with words, literature and poetry, but I would not go so far as to say "worship".
    My faith lies in where England was at it's greatest, where she was the hub of musical culture. My faith lies in The Beatles, Queen, The Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin.
    So curse me, I shall never die, I shall never whither and be shut out into the cold.
    True, I am very fond of Tery Pratchett's work, but I would not want to run out of books too quickly.
    So I give you one last sentence, before you tear me asunder, LONG LIVE THE STAIRWAY!
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Goddess, would you care for me to destroy this heretic?

Also, I'm interested to know: are there any general impressions that you British people have of us Americans?

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Also, I'm interested to know: are there any general impressions that you British people have of us Americans?
    Well, sometimes we see you as slightly arrogant.
    And also, some of us think you're all obese.
    Don't worry too much about it though, I don't think that at all.
    Also, destroy? You think you can my friend? Bring it on is what I have to say.
    EDIT: Well, I have school in the morning so I shall see you all tomorrow..... maybe. I'm not sure whether I'll have the time, deoends whether I go to my Karate lesson or not. Well, goodnight my friends, may the rest of your days be pleasant and wonderful.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-03-11 at 04:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

27. - Top - End - #237

@Fred: you worship Curly, Goddess of the Written Word by default. You read, you worship me.

Gladly for he hath deneid my existence as Most Supreme Deity (of Books). For knowledge is power and I embody knowledge.
    *SMITE!*
    And lo, the unbeliever was smitten.

Hideous accents; fat; idiotic; heretical non - tea drinking colonists who drive big cars and eat even bigger meals.
    And their music sucks.
    OR
    Hideous accents; too skinny; at least 20% artificial; diet mad colonists who driver "green" cars and are smarter than a chav. Good music though.
    OR
    Wannabe Brits a la Harvard and Yale with their hideously twangy accents. Films're good though.

Or variations upon said theme.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, sometimes we see you as slightly arrogant.
    And also, some of us think you're all obese.
    Don't worry too much about it though, I don't think that at all.
    Also, destroy? You think you can my friend? Bring it on is what I have to say.
    Heh heh. Arrogant. Welcome to the American South, where, if it ain't American, then by God it ain't no good.

We generally see you as having that funny accent, as having lots of quaint but cute little peculiarities (especially in the British vocabulary - loo, lift, torch, boot n' bonnet, chips = french fries), and as THE HATED OPRESSORS! Not really.

Bring it on? Well, you asked for it. Taste the wrath of my stern verbal reprimand! "Bad Fred! Listen to the nice Curly!"

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

I wish I had a New Zealand accent.

Also: GOD BLESS MY S.U.V.!

Also v 2.0: finally started a comic, at least...even if it may not be a good one. Please check link in sig...

...please?
    Last edited by Sneak; 2009-03-11 at 05:13 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    you worship Curly, Goddess of the Written Word by default. You read, you worship me.
    So... everyone who reads worships you? This doesn't fit with my long fought for right to apathetic agnosticism at all.

Are you a benevolent goddess, or should I start looking for goats to sacrifice and the like? Because it's harder to find goats than you'd think.