Spellcraft DC: 47
    Components: V, S, XP
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: See text
    Target, Effect, or Area: See text
    Duration: See text
    Saving Throw: See text and Will disbelief
    Spell Resistance: Yes
    To develop: 8 days, 423,000 gp, 16,920 xp.. Seed: Shadow* (DC 23). Factors: Duplicate spells of up to 9th level (+45 DC), duplicate spells of any school (+14 DC), duplicate divine spells (+10 DC), duplicate powers (ad hoc +10 DC), 1 action casting time (+20 DC). Mitigating factors: Burn 7,500 xp (-75).

Shadow of the world reshaped, when cast, allows the caster to duplicate any non-epic spell or power of any level. He must pay any XP cost and provide any expensive components or foci required by the spell or power. Duplicated effects allow saves and spell or power resistance as normal, but the DC is as that of an epic spell. A creature interacting with the spell may make Will save to see it for the amalgam of shadows it truly is.

XP Cost:
    7,500 xp.

*See Lost Empires of Faerun

Funerary Pyre (Ritual)
    Evocation and Necromancy [Fire]
    Spellcraft DC: 130
    Components: V, S, XP, Ritual
    Casting Time: 10 minutes
    Range: 100 ft.
    Area: 10 ft. radius emanation, centered on you
    Duration: Permanent
    Saving Throw: Reflex half
    To Develop: 24 days, 1,170,000 gp, 46,800 xp. Seeds: energy (DC 19), animate dead (DC 23), ward (DC 14). Factors: Increase damage to 15d6 per round (+56 DC), increase range by 900% (ad hoc +18 DC), change type of undead to forgewraith (ad hoc +6 DC), increase HD of controlled undead by 80 (+80), nullify dispel magic, greater dispel magic, and disjunction (+30), change duration to permanent (x5). Mitigating factors: Burn 20,000 xp (-200 DC), increase casting time by 10 minutes (-20 DC), increase casting time by 100 days (-200 DC), 40 additional casters contributing 9th level spell slots (-680 DC)

You radiate an emanation of fire, which deals 30d6 points of fire damage to all creatures other than you in it each round, Reflex half. In addition, any creature killed by this emanation is animated as a Forgewraith* under your control. You can control up to 100 HD of Forgewraithes. This spell cannot be dispelled by either dispel magic, greater dispel magic, or disjunction.

XP Cost:
    20,000 xp

*From Sharn: City of Towers

Epic Dominate Monster
    Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
    Spellcraft DC: 45
    Casting Time: 1 round
    Components: V, S, XP
    Range: 150 ft.
    Target: 5 humanoids, no 2 of which may be more than 150 apart.
    Duration: 5 days
    Saving Throw: Will negates
    To develop: 8 days, 405,000 gp, 16,200 xp. Seeds: Compel (DC 19). Factors: Dominate creatures (ad hoc +10 DC), increase range by 200% (+2), reduce casting time by 9 rounds (+18 DC), add four additional targets (+40 DC), increase duration by 600% (ad hoc +6). Mitigating factors: Burn 5,000 xp (-50 DC).

As dominate monster, except as above.

XP Cost:
    5000 xp.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Epic Magic [Spells]

Forge wraiths, which ones where they... ahh the shadow firey guys.

100 hd huh? so you could control 8 of them since they have d12 hp, and 8*12 = 96. So why say 100 HD? Where the creatures killed supposed to be rasied as Forgewraiths with their hd?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gralamin Shieldheart
    Forge wraiths, which ones where they... ahh the shadow firey guys.

100 hd huh? so you could control 8 of them since they have d12 hp, and 8*12 = 96. So why say 100 HD? Where the creatures killed supposed to be rasied as Forgewraiths with their hd?
    I like 100, it's a nice round number. More an aesthetic reason than anything mechanical, I suppose.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

I would of just said you can control 8, but you are right, 100 is a nice number, as is 10, 25, 5, 50, 75, 250, 500, 750, and 1000

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

The description for Epic Dominate Monster says that its targets need to be humanoids. Mistake?
    Check out my first creation, the Wrathling. Look at it, comment on it, help balance it, vote for it. Any help is appreciated.