New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1508
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: What is YOUR Zanpaktou?

Epic battle sequence....start......NOW!
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ettin in the Playground

Just landed on me how Velo del Miedo can be nearly as broken as Aizen's shikai.

Edit: Also I will be off for dinner soon, damn.

Also, what is Baaaaaaaaaaaka?
    Last edited by Draken; 2009-05-30 at 07:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, it can.

In other news, Takeshi is updated with what colours his Fraccion speak in!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Just landed on me how Velo del Miedo can be nearly as broken as Aizen's shikai.

Edit: Also I will be off for dinner soon, damn.

Also, what is Baaaaaaaaaaaka?
    Fooooooool!
    Thanks for the avatar, Jair Barik!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    ....you are an evil, brilliant man.

5. - Top - End - #1235

Its baka, which is as Zaraki said fool, or idiot etc.
    My Current Works

6. - Top - End - #1236

Zombie

Carcharadon isn't going to fare well, methinks...

Oh well. Just some more scars to add to his collection, I suppose.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1237

And now Soul Society knows Abishai's strongest move

Edit: And crap.....duel Bankai'd..........
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2009-05-30 at 08:44 PM.
    My Current Works

8. - Top - End - #1238

Zombie

Horngeek, can you Edit your last post so that Cero isn't deflected?

I like my way of dodging it by using my Bankai to go underground. =3

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Orc in the Playground

and i manage to get called away just as things get interesting.

10. - Top - End - #1240

Zombie

Shirubaru isn't dead. Only nearly dead.

Also, feel perfectly at liberty to kidnap me while I'm so vulnerable. Or not. Either one should be fun when he wakes up.
    Last edited by H. Zee; 2009-05-30 at 09:05 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1241

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Zaraki View Post
    Aaaaand: Dramatic entrance!

Imagine this playing over the top.
    Everyone knows that anything to do with the Arrancar needs the appropriate Spanish guitar riffs.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

..................Come on! why does all the interesting stuff happen just when I go out to get some food???

13. - Top - End - #1243

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Zarah View Post
    Everyone knows that anything to do with the Arrancar needs the appropriate Spanish guitar riffs.
    I was talking about Shirubaru's entrance.

Carcharadon's... wasn't very dramatic.

Anyway, I must go offline for a while. I do wonder what will happen to Shirubaru while I'm gone.

(Either he'll be kidnapped and wake up in Las Noches, or wake up in 4th Division HQ. Either one I'm fine with. )
    Last edited by H. Zee; 2009-05-30 at 09:20 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1244

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    ..................Come on! why does all the interesting stuff happen just when I go out to get some food???
    I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me just now too.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground

Same for me (of course, in a battle with no named Fraccion, and relatively high-ranking Espada, it's unlikely Siegfried could do much, but nonetheless.)
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1246

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    You're the lucky one. You have food.

Correction. He's (V) the lucky one.
    Last edited by Lemming; 2009-05-30 at 09:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

17. - Top - End - #1247

Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    You're the lucky one. You have food.
    I can cook and the computer is next to the kitchen ;D I get food and get to do the awesome :D
    My Current Works

18. - Top - End - #1248

Ok, so I've been thinking about the Prevalence of Bankai and how we are going to account for that within the in-universe limits.

Supposedly, the regular occurrence of a Shinigami who is capable of achieving Bankai is one individual in several generations of soulreapers, those generations being within the four noble families, which are generally considered to achieve Bankai more frequently than common folk. Since a Shinigami's lifespan is more or less 10 times that of a normal human being (this being a very general approximation), we can say a generation is around 300-400 years. This would make a user of Bankai so rare as to be one in nearly 1000 years, within four families. The fact that there exist 13 Shinigami that are capable of using Bankai at all is because of the long life-span of a Shinigami, meaning that they don't have to be replaced as often, and the incredible abundance of souls in Soul Society, at least some of which will rise to the level of Bankai.

However, Tite Kubo downplays this established scarcity by introducing not only three pre-captain level wielders who have achieved Bankai, but also the Visard former-Captains who also once reached that level, Urahara, Yourouchi, and Aizen who also have Bankai. Overall, there are nearly twice as many Bankais in Bleach Canon than there really should be given how scarce the power is supposed to be. Therefore, I suggest the following;

The numbers that Byakuya give us have been accepted for millenia as being accurate. He quoted those statistics in good faith, because for as long as anyone can remember, they have held true. However, in reality the frequency of viable Bankais throughout history operates on a Cycle, a cycle so broad that to even the remarkably long-lived Soul Reapers, the trend is so vague as to be unnoticeable. The strength of Bankai, and shinigami powers in general, though it's only noticeable on broad enough levels and has nearly zero impact on an individual level, cycle from Strong to Weak like a Galactic lunar cycle. The events of the series take place when the trend is already on the rise, meaning more Bankais to be seen-- a 3/4 moon or better, by the lunar example. The events of our story occur closer to the Full moon of the cycle; Bankais are at their most frequent, and most powerful. All of the captains and nearly all of the Vice-captains have achieved this highest level of release, and their abilities are more potent than those of the ancient past.

Eventually, many thousands of years after our story ends and our characters have all died of old age (because it's not like they'll ever die of, oh, I dunno, sword-induced blood loss ), the cycle will begin to swing back in the other direction, again so gradually that not even the history books can track the decent.

Thoughts? Comments? Improvements? ...Disagreements?
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2009-05-30 at 09:55 PM.
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.

19. - Top - End - #1249

Well....every Captain has Bankai...so thats 12. Plus the 4 Captains that are now Vizard. Plus Urhuhara so thats 20. Plus Ichigo and we can only assume Isshin as they said he was a Captain before he left. So 22 people in universe with Bankai. Plus a few Vice Captains and even a 3rd seat. So the number is probably closer to 30.

Atm.....we have less people then Tite does. We do have more Espada with their Segunda Etapa
    My Current Works

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OverWilliam View Post
    Ok, so I've been thinking about the Prevalence of Bankai and how we are going to account for that within the in-universe limits.

Supposedly, the regular occurrence of a Shinigami who is capable of achieving Bankai is one individual in several generations of soulreapers, those generations being within the four noble families, which are generally considered to achieve Bankai more frequently than common folk. Since a Shinigami's lifespan is more or less 10 times that of a normal human being (this being a very general approximation), we can say a generation is around 300-400 years. This would make a user of Bankai so rare as to be one in nearly 1000 years, within four families. The fact that there exist 13 Shinigami that are capable of using Bankai at all is because of the long life-span of a Shinigami, meaning that they don't have to be replaced as often, and the incredible abundance of souls in Soul Society, at least some of which will rise to the level of Bankai.

However, Tite Kubo downplays this established scarcity by introducing not only three pre-captain level wielders who have achieved Bankai, but also the Visard former-Captains who also once reached that level, Urahara, Yourouchi, and Aizen who also have Bankai. Overall, there are nearly twice as many Bankais in Bleach Canon than there really should be given how scarce the power is supposed to be. Therefore, I suggest the following;

The numbers that Byakuya give us have been accepted for millenia as being accurate. He quoted those statistics in good faith, because for as long as anyone can remember, they have held true. However, in reality the frequency of viable Bankais throughout history operates on a Cycle, a cycle so broad that to even the remarkably long-lived Soul Reapers, the trend is so vague as to be unnoticeable. The strength of Bankai, and shinigami powers in general, though it's only noticeable on broad enough levels and has nearly zero impact on an individual level, cycle from Strong to Weak like a Galactic lunar cycle. The events of the series take place when the trend is already on the rise, meaning more Bankais to be seen-- a 3/4 moon or better, by the lunar example. The events of our story occur closer to the Full moon of the cycle; Bankais are at their most frequent, and most powerful. All of the captains and nearly all of the Vice-captains have achieved this highest level of release, and their abilities are more potent than those of the ancient past.

Eventually, many thousands of years after our story ends and our characters have all died of old age (because it's not like they'll ever die of, oh, I dunno, sword-induced blood loss ), the cycle will begin to swing back in the other direction, again so gradually that not even the history books can track the decent.

Thoughts? Comments? Improvements? ...Disagreements?
    The number of unnamed shinigami is massive, each captain leads how many? 100 or more shinigami? Many of which do nothing but burocratic duties. The reason bankai is uncommon isn't the sheer difficulty of achieving it. It is just that most shinigami are just not that interested in sheer power. They are the average joes, the commons, the muggles who look at the officer in the 20th seat and know they will never get that far.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #1251

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    The number of unnamed shinigami is massive, each captain leads how many? 100 or more shinigami? Many of which do nothing but burocratic duties. The reason bankai is uncommon isn't the sheer difficulty of achieving it. It is just that most shinigami are just not that interested in sheer power. They are the average joes, the commons, the muggles who look at the officer in the 20th seat and know they will never get that far.
    Byakuya didn't say the number who do reach Bankai, he said the number with the sheer mass of spiritual pressure to be capable of reaching Bankai. Though I do see what you're saying, a lot of potential probably goes overlooked.

Well....every Captain has Bankai...so thats 12. Plus the 4 Captains that are now Vizard. Plus Urhuhara so thats 20. Plus Ichigo and we can only assume Isshin as they said he was a Captain before he left. So 22 people in universe with Bankai. Plus a few Vice Captains and even a 3rd seat. So the number is probably closer to 30.

Atm.....we have less people then Tite does. We do have more Espada with their Segunda Etapa
    Well sure, but who's to say we don't have loose-end types running around not directly affiliated with SS in our world as well? Those would be in addition to nearly 20+ that we have within the Seireitei itself, and we have more people joining all the time. We're still building our world, whereas Tite's is pretty well defined by now.

Also, you forgot Yourouichi on that list, she used to be a captain too.
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2009-05-30 at 10:16 PM.
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Dwarf in the Playground

er...everyone who's fighting over Shirubaru....might want to read my last post...

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ettin in the Playground

I edited mine to consider your post right after posting (was ninja'd, bleh)

Erscheinung's Garganta del Vacío is much like a tornado, or much like the D&D spell Reallity Maelstrom. It sucks things in from one side and repels things from the other. The garganta fough you over the body up to the point it closed.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Bugbear in the Playground

XD this thread has gone from 33 to 42 for me... sorry for not posting the past 2 days, my internet was completely down.
    Half-elves are like slinkies.
    They're not really good for anything,
    but you can't help laughing when they fall down the stairs.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Dwarf in the Playground

whoo! corrected Japanese for my Zanpaktou's name. Hazah!

Say, would anyone be against me using a likeness of their character in a D&D game I'm starting in the near future? I have an organization called the "Deus Knights" that are more or less an expy of the Gotei 13. The last time I ran, I used NPCs similar to the actual Bleach characters, but if you're willing, I'd like to use these characters.

-Thanks in advance

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm fine with it.

Just tell us how the campaign goes.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

27. - Top - End - #1257

Quote Originally Posted by MageSparrowhawk View Post
    whoo! corrected Japanese for my Zanpaktou's name. Hazah!

Say, would anyone be against me using a likeness of their character in a D&D game I'm starting in the near future? I have an organization called the "Deus Knights" that are more or less an expy of the Gotei 13. The last time I ran, I used NPCs similar to the actual Bleach characters, but if you're willing, I'd like to use these characters.

-Thanks in advance
    Ditto with the above. Let me know how it goes.
    My Current Works

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

What role do they play?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thank you for your permission, and I'd be happy to inform you how it goes.

They are the military wing/nobility of the Lazarin Empire. It is a mixed society, of most every type of humanoids (backstory provides for reasons why things like orcs, drow, etc. are accepted). They are the opposing force to the Unified Kingdoms of Io, a nation where dragons are a higher class citizen.

The Knights were instrumental in the original creation of the Lazarin Empire, as well as cleansing the continent of most every 'monstrous creature' except for the very strong ones (most of whom left) or the very sneaky ones.

30. - Top - End - #1260

Quote Originally Posted by Zarah View Post
    Ooo, this one really fits Augustus.
    I'm back... possibly... any minute now... brb.

Horny Halfing Avatar by Anna Molly