New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91

Default Re: So was Stanley aka The Tool running away as a chicken actually a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kreistor View Post
    If the hammer attuned to Sizemore, would he be able to tame dwagons?Yes. Could he? No.
    You know this for a fact? How might this be? We have not seen Stanley tame any dwagons. Perhaps he sings them a KISS tune and they eat walnuts out of his hand and are tamed. My prediction is that the song used to tame dwagons is Detroit Rock City. But you must also have walnuts, and be attuned to the Arcenhammer.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: So was Stanley aka The Tool running away as a chicken actually a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJimBoBob View Post
    We have not seen Stanley tame any dwagons. Perhaps he sings them a KISS tune and they eat walnuts out of his hand and are tamed. My prediction is that the song used to tame dwagons is Detroit Rock City. But you must also have walnuts, and be attuned to the Arcenhammer.
    And that makes as much sense as the author making a mistake on who tames dwagons.

3. - Top - End - #93

And that makes as much sense as the author making a mistake on who tames dwagons.
    You're right, it doesn't make much sense. All you need is to be attuned to the Arcenhammer, the walnuts and Detroit Rock City are merely optional extras.

4. - Top - End - #94

You're right, it doesn't make much sense. All you need is to be attuned to the Arcenhammer, the walnuts and Detroit Rock City are merely optional extras.
    Good, we agree that the author didn't make a mistake as to who tames dwagons, then.

5. - Top - End - #95

Good, we agree that the author didn't make a mistake as to who tames dwagons, then.
    We do? How's that? You think, with no support at all in the strip, that some kind of martial ability is needed to tame dwagons even if you own an attuned Archenhammer. I think that all you need is to own an attuned Archenhammer, because there isn't a hint of any other prerequisite being required. Walnuts and Detroit Rock City are optional, but fun.

6. - Top - End - #96

We do? How's that? You think, with no support at all in the strip, that some kind of martial ability is needed to tame dwagons even if you own an attuned Archenhammer. I think that all you need is to own an attuned Archenhammer, because there isn't a hint of any other prerequisite being required. Walnuts and Detroit Rock City are optional, but fun.
    Well, I thought it was pretty simple, actually. Either the author made a mistake and Stanley does have a talent for taming dwagons, or he did make a mistake, and only the Arkenhammer is needed. When I equated the likelihood of the author making such a mistake with Stnaley singing them to tame them, and you agreed that singing them was pretty foolish, I thought you were agreeing that the author wouldn't be foolish enough to make that mistake.

Because, after all, that seems to be what you're saying. The Author made a mistake putting "Taming dwagons" as a strength for both the hammer and Stanley. For you to be right, the author had to make that mistake.

7. - Top - End - #97

I believe the author indeed made an error by listing dwagon taming under both the Archenhammer and under Stanley. I further believe that that this is not a shocking revelation but a repeated occurrence, and is a natural consequence of being a fallible human being.

I'm not really clear what else you're reading into this, but I do not believe that there is any hidden or deeper meaning or context to be gleaned from this.

8. - Top - End - #98

Because, after all, that seems to be what you're saying. The Author made a mistake putting "Taming dwagons" as a strength for both the hammer and Stanley. For you to be right, the author had to make that mistake.
    And what does it matter to this discussion? Stanley can tame dwagons. Nobody else we've seen so far can. And he won't drop the hammer untill he's croacked. End of point. Refuse to answer my posts if you want, but at least try to stay on topic in my thread geez.

9. - Top - End - #99

It's not "your" thread. You don't own it. I didn't start this sidebar, and am not going to apologize for defending an author that knows more about what's happening than any reader. Goodness knows no one is perfect, but Thinking the author made a mistake when there are perfectly good explanations without such a presumption seems to me to be a poor arguing position.

After all, the author can ensure correctness by changing a detail or two to ensure he doesn't appear incorrect. A great example of this is Battlestar Galactica's final Cylon. They revealed in the special before the final episode that between the halves of the final season, the writers had sat down to figure out who would be the final cylon. They consciously rejected anyone that was a popular choice on the fan forums: merely by trying to guess who was the last, you were automatically wrong. The author, in this situation, can do exactly the same thing. Whatever was intended, he can change that detail right now to anything he wants without having to alter the comic in any way. So, BJBB, you're wrong, not because the author might have made a mistake, but because there is so little about this in th comic that the author can ensure that it is correct without ever revealing he made a mistake.