New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default [Creature] Fuzzy wuzzy was an ooze...

Fuulifliff

Huge Ooze (extraplanar)
    Hit Dice: 9d10+36 (85 hp)
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), climb 30 ft.
    Armor Class: 13 (+1 dex, +4 natural, -2 size), touch 9, flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+19
    Attack: Pierce +9 melee (1d8+2)
    Full Attack: 3 pierces +9 melee (1d8+2)
    Space/Reach: 15 ft./20 ft.
    Special Attacks: Constrict, death throes, improved grab, spasm
    Special Qualities: Blindsight 60 ft., immunity to sonic, ooze traits, split
    Saves: Fort +7, Ref +4, Will -2
    Abilities: Str 14, Dex 12, Con 19, Int -, Wis 1, Cha 1
    Skills: Climb +10
    Feats: -
    Environment: Wilderness of the Beastlands
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 7
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always neutral
    Advancement: 10–14 HD (Huge); 15–30 HD (Gargantuan)
    Level Adjustment: -

This extraordinarily strange creature is seemingly composed of nothing but long, stiff black bristles that heave and jerk in incredibly spastic manuevers. It has no defined shape, rising into the air, going flat, section shooting off in opposite directions simultaneously be fore snapping back.

A fuulifliff is an oddity even amongst its strange type, a literally furry seeming ooze. The creature is little more than a thin sheaf of protoplasmic muscle whoes purpose it is to animate the coarse, needle sharp cilia that appears much as hair.

Fuulifliffs are generally only found within the two lower levels of the Beastlands, lying low amongst the eternal shadows of the forest floor. In particular they prefer forests thick with pines and spruce where they they lie unmoving, their 'fur' lying flat and still, blending in with the dark layers of needles accumulated over the course of uncountable millenia.

Combat
    A fuulifliff lies in wait until a creature ventures near. It then shoots up, bending and twisting and jerking, striking all around to spear its victim and cause them to fall in twitching spasms. When particularly hungry fuulifliffs are even known to hide within the branches of trees, masquerading as its prickly boughs.

Constrict (Ex): A fuulifliff deals automatic piercing damage with a successful grapple check.

Death Throes (Ex): When a fuulifliff dies it goes into an absolute frenzy of spastic activity, its fur sticking out in all directions. For 1d4 rounds all creatures within 20 feet take automatic piercing damage before it collapses.
    Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a fuulifliff must hit with its pierce attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can constrict.

Spasm (Ex): A fuulifliff's spines are covered in the same strange substance that coats its surface and allows it such sudden, inexplicable movement. A target hit by the fuulifliff's piece attack must succeed on a DC 18 Fortitude save or become paralyzed for 1d6 rounds as their bodies go into such intense spasms that they cannot move. Each round of their paralization they must make an additional Fortitude save or take 1d4 points of constitution damage as their muscles try to tear themselves apart. At the end of these spasms the victim becomes Fatigued. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Split (Ex): Slashing and piercing weapons and sonic attacks deal no damage to a fuulifliff. Instead the creature splits into two identical fuulifliffs, each with half of the original’s current hit points (round down). A fuulifliff with 10 hit points or less cannot be further split and dies if reduced to 0 hit points.

Skills: Fuulifliffs have a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on a Climb check, even if rushed or threatened.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2007-08-23 at 07:10 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: [Creature] Fuzzy wuzzy was an ooze...

Fuzzy Wuzzy was so cool...

neat as ever, VT. We're being deprived by your non-participation in MitP...

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The_Glyphstone
    neat as ever, VT. We're being deprived by your non-participation in MitP...
    :-/

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Things to fear in Vorpal Tribble's campaigns #0002536: Pine needle covered forest floors.
    Creepy. And disgusting. Well made though. As usual.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earin the Face Ninja
    Things to fear in Vorpal Tribble's campaigns #0002536: Pine needle covered forest floors.
    Creepy. And disgusting. Well made though. As usual.
    We need to compile that list.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

As the lazy bugger that I am, I nominate... someone else.

@VT Love the fuzzy ooze. I had a homebrew monster like this but it was nowhere near as cool. It was basicly a monster made of hair.

I would give the Fluufliff 10 peircing attacks on a full attack action though. I'm not sure I understand how it attacks, so my comment might be wrong.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, Death Throes, the way to take that just little bit more and take the PC's down with you. Second in absolute disparaging-ness to PC's only to monsters with cleave.

DM: Ok, the monster does 40 damage
    PC: Aw, it drops me
    DM: Oh, Really? Then It cleaves off you
    PC: What? Isn't that what we do to masses of smaller, more patheitc creatures?
    DM: Its all a matter of perspective
    I cant remember who said that, and can't be bothered to find it, but thats essentially it.
    Cekiatar

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Narf
    Oh, Death Throes, the way to take that just little bit more and take the PC's down with you. Second in absolute disparaging-ness to PC's only to monsters with cleave
    What about monsters with Thinaun weapons that teleport away after getting a kill? That's even ruder.
    Last projects, from years back: Lesser Disciplines (Tome of Battle). Also, Never Behind the Curve (multiclassing).

Some of my current work is under the name IGTN on D&D Wiki

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by I_Got_This_Name

What about monsters with Thinaun weapons that teleport away after getting a kill? That's even ruder.
    Depends - how do they respond to Disarms from the whip-wielding True Strike Wizard or Sorcerer?
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.