New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dragonprime's Dynamically Dangerous Dextrous and Destructive Random Banter #118

I just like the music, really. The characters make me want to chew nails sometimes...

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dragonprime's Dynamically Dangerous Dextrous and Destructive Random Banter #118

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    I saw Wicked live when the company toured through Oklahoma. It was an amazing show.
    I agree, it was amazing, absolutely amazing. The songs were very good too. It reveals a lot about the plot of Wizard of Oz, also about character motivation.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

3. - Top - End - #753
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think the only musical I have seen by an official group (ie. not a school performance) was The Lion King. I liked it, but it doesn't measure up to the movie. Plus, they completely destroyed Scar. He's not supposed to have a high-pitched creepy voice. He's supposed to sound proper and dignified. But no. They just haaad to make him sound like a loony.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post
    I think the only musical I have seen by an official group (ie. not a school performance) was The Lion King. I liked it, but it doesn't measure up to the movie. Plus, they completely destroyed Scar. He's not supposed to have a high-pitched creepy voice. He's supposed to sound proper and dignified. But no. They just haaad to make him sound like a loony.
    That sounds like a very terrible thing. I hope Timone and Pumba were good though. Akuna Matata was my favourite song.
    Akuna Matata, what a wonderful phrase,
    Akuna Matata, it ain't no passing craze.
    It means no worries, for the rest of your days.
    It's a problem free, philosiphy!
    Akuna Matata!
    Akuna Matata.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    I just like the music, really. The characters make me want to chew nails sometimes...
    Which musical? Rent, or Wicked?

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah!

Where I live, people blur the lines between "i" and "e". My little brother is writing something and asked me how to spell "since", but he pronounces it "sense".

Me: "Which do you mean? 'since' as in 'it's been a long time since', 'scents' as in 'I love those scents', or 'sense' as in 'that makes a lot of sense'?"

He pronounces them all exactly the same. I don't have that accent, but both my youngest brothers do. I guess it's because they've lived here most of their speaking lives, and I've lived in too many different places to pick up any regional accent. It STILL sometimes trips me up. I had the following conversation the other day where someone was trying to tell me someone else's name:

Her: "It's Windy."
    Me: "Windy?"
    Her: "Yeah, Windy - as in the character from Peter Pan!"
    Me: "Oh, Wendy."
    Her: "That's what I said - Windy."

Also: I switched to standard keyboard format in order to type this entry, and I keep trying to hit the Dvorak "e" (which is d on a normal keyboard).

7. - Top - End - #757

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Which musical? Rent, or Wicked?
    Rent.

Pretty much every character just kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Then "La Vie Boheme" comes on and I just have to leave the room before I take out my eardrums with a stapler...

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Rent.

Pretty much every character just kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Then "La Vie Boheme" comes on and I just have to leave the room before I take out my eardrums with a stapler...

See... La Vie Boheme is one of my favorite numbers.

And... I just relate to some of the characters is all. I am friends with people like the characters. So it's a very personal play for me.

Just no HIV...

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

I went walkies. I dozed by a rabbit warren. I was wolf-whistled at by a bunch of girls, perhaps sarcastically. I was disturbed by a ancient, decrepit male jogger with seemingly no clothing on his lower half save a thong. I discovered a lonely Shakespearean tower. I came home.

I also saw this.
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    I went walkies. I dozed by a rabbit warren. I was wolf-whistled at by a bunch of girls, perhaps sarcastically. I was disturbed by a ancient, decrepit male jogger with seemingly no clothing on his lower half save a thong. I discovered a lonely Shakespearean tower. I came home.

I also saw this.
    Woah, that video was deep.
    I'm not going to comment on the rest because I A) Don't want to get slapped and B) Have no idea what to say.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

Not so much "deep", as an uncomfortably blunt portrayal of a social problem we all too often ignore.

On a lighter note, I has new avatar courtesy of Elrond.

12. - Top - End - #762

Rent is brilliant. It's my second favourite musical.

First is Les Mis.

Which I went to see, at the Queen's Theatre, in London.

Twice.

First time in the 20th anniversary year.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post

First is Les Mis.

Twice.

I have never seen Les Mis, but I do wish to. Very much so indeed. I also wish to see We Will Rock You the musical.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

First is Les Mis.

Twice.

I knew there was a reason I always liked you.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ettin in the Playground

First is Les Mis.
    I LOVE Les Miserables!

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I LOVE Les Miserables!
    See, musicals don't need happy endings to be good.

17. - Top - End - #767

[quotestorm]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    7 pages is long, yes.
    I'm on the tenth page now.
    It would have been just six. But yesterday I was bored in college and ended up writing a series of addendums during my lectures, same thing happened today.

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    you know that they aren't really discussing Burgers right?
    the Burgers are just a metaphor...
    I know.
    But watching the same scene over and over is enough to give anyone a headache. The metaphor was one of the things we took many notes on. If I recall it was something vaguely economic, or one of the interpretations is that. I can't be bothered to look through all my notes right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    I neither own or have seen any of these, but I have seen "Joseph and his amazing technicolour dreamcoat" and "Wicked" live in London.
    Capital letters for titles Fred. You are a GCSE student, you should know better.

I agree, it was amazing, absolutely amazing. The songs were very good too. It reveals a lot about the plot of Wizard of Oz, also about character motivation.
    It's a very, very good fanfic made into a musical. Not canon unless the author's a descendant of Baum himself.

That sounds like a very terrible thing. I hope Timone and Pumba were good though. Akuna Matata was my favourite song.
    *looks for Jibar*
    *doesn't see him*
    As one of the Disney fangirrls it is now my duty, in the absence of our great leader (he must be off reconquering Antarctica or something), to let you know the song is called Hakuna Matata.

Oh, and it's philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post

I also saw this.
    Walkies are good, I go walkies every day. I don't think the girls were sarcastic; you are very cute you know Kaela. Accept it.
    Jogger is scary. Let us sidle past him before the thong issue is brought up.
    Shakespearean tower? Interest has been peaked. Where?
    Advert.
    Wow. It's made even more real somehow for some reason I can't quite place yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Not so much "deep", as an uncomfortably blunt portrayal of a social problem we all too often ignore.

On a lighter note, I has new avatar courtesy of Elrond.
    NOOOOOOooooooo!!
    It's, it's, but.
    Stiggy.
    I . . . I . . .
    Nah, it's good.

First is Les Mis.

Twice.

There's a very good quote to sum up how I feel. How does it go? Oh yes:

"You lucky, lucky barstud!"[/Python] Yes, sir. You are truly one lucky barstud.

[/quotestorm]

This evening has promised to be wierd. To go in any room downstairs downstairs (apart from the front room) we've got to go out the front, round the back, through the yeard and the Odd Room to get to the kitchen or bathroom.
    The other room is currently being plastered with . . . plaster surprisingly.
    This promises to be fairly annoying as I don't wear shoes at home.

ION:
    DANTE CAME TODAY! AND IT IS AWESOME SAUCETASTIC ON TOAST! I'll have finished it in a week.
    Why the long time?
    Well, I'm halfway through one book which is then immediately followed by another trilogy. That's one of those a day, so I'll be done in three days.
    And four for Dante because I'll be reading the introduction and notes.
    Mum was actually surprised when I said I'd finish Dante in a week because that's very slow for me. She understood after I explained the above.
    Those books are only five hundred odd pages each so.
    And I got a free book as well. It's called 26a and we're . . . not so sure about it. Looks good though.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not allowed to put admins and mods on my ignore list, apparently.

This "ignore list" thing should be much more foolproof. I shouldn't have to ignore every single person just because I don't wanna see someone's posts and they quote that someone.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Banned

Imagine the necessary coding! It would be. . .well, doable on this software come to think of it, since there is a reference back to the original post and ignored poster, but the quote function pulls the words from the original to-be-ignored post and then treats them as input from the quoter! Still, it'd be clunky coding!

I have the nose for a bargain. 70% discount at snooty department store = cheaper than Primark, and far more stylish. Well. (looks at bright yellow) Well-styled, perhaps? . . .It can be dyed, OK?!

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, I have no doubt it would require painful amounts of work. It's just a hypothetical.

It's still annoying. I have to throw the baby out with the bathwater... and there is much more baby than there is bathwater.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

21. - Top - End - #771

Curly, when you say Dante, is it safe to assume that you are referring to The Divine Comedy? Or are you reading one of his other works?
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    I'm not allowed to put admins and mods on my ignore list, apparently.

This "ignore list" thing should be much more foolproof. I shouldn't have to ignore every single person just because I don't wanna see someone's posts and they quote that someone.
    I forgot I could ignore people, thank you.
    ION:
    DANTE CAME TODAY! AND IT IS AWESOME SAUCETASTIC ON TOAST! I'll have finished it in a week.
    Why the long time?
    Well, I'm halfway through one book which is then immediately followed by another trilogy. That's one of those a day, so I'll be done in three days.
    And four for Dante because I'll be reading the introduction and notes.
    Mum was actually surprised when I said I'd finish Dante in a week because that's very slow for me. She understood after I explained the above.
    Those books are only five hundred odd pages each so.
    And I got a free book as well. It's called 26a and we're . . . not so sure about it. Looks good though.
    Dante is very..... thick, isn't he?
    Last edited by wadledo; 2009-04-02 at 02:59 PM.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

NOOOOOOooooooo!!
    It's, it's, but.
    Stiggy.
    I . . . I . . .
    Nah, it's good.
    You try to hide white text from a being made of white? Very foolish, Koorli, very foolish indeed.

Also, my Classics coursework is almost finished after excessive amounts of procrastination! It will be finished for the deadline tomorrow! What can I say? I work better under pressure. Plus, I only need ~500 more words. I can do that. I hope.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

Walkies are good, I go walkies every day. I don't think the girls were sarcastic; you are very cute you know Kaela. Accept it.
    Jogger is scary. Let us sidle past him before the thong issue is brought up.
    Shakespearean tower? Interest has been peaked. Where?
    Advert.
    Wow. It's made even more real somehow for some reason I can't quite place yet.

And it was a pretty white tower, in big private walled guard dogged estate. Pretty. However, was distracted by scary thong-man.
    And, yes. Evocative ad.
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl
    Capital letters for titles Fred. You are a GCSE student, you should know better.

It's a very, very good fanfic made into a musical. Not canon unless the author's a descendant of Baum himself.

*looks for Jibar*
    *doesn't see him*
    As one of the Disney fangirrls it is now my duty, in the absence of our great leader (he must be off reconquering Antarctica or something), to let you know the song is called Hakuna Matata.

Oh, and it's philosophy.
    Okay, due to the fact that I've had a really good day today (mainly because I have tomorrow off from school due to a teachers' training day, not to mention 2 beautiful weeks of easter holiday), I am going to be impartial here.
    1) Okay, it's the internet, people make spelling mistakes here everyday. It's something people have to learn to live with.
    2) I'm not a big Disney fanboy, so obviously I'm not going to know the correct way to spell Hakuna Matata.
    3) While I am a GCSE student, I am still only human and still a student at that. I am going to make mistakes, that's life.
    Okay, I think I'm done now.
    Excuse me while I laugh at a Canadian comedian.
    *Laughter*
    I'm currently reading "Necropolis" by Anthony Horowitz right now. So far it is quite good. The main character has already been hit by a truck and is having dreams about four 15 year old boys.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

...every time I come in here, Curly and Fred are arguing about something.

You guys really need your own sitcom.

@Fred: IMO, the fact that the main character is having dreams about four fifteen year old boys would more than . How old is this guy, exactly, anyway?

As for me, I'm currently reading Difficult Loves, by Italo Calvino. So far I like it a lot. I'm expecting good things, as I like Calvino. If on a winter's night a traveler was brilliant, and although I didn't really enjoy Invisible Cities as much as I was led to believe I would by others' opinions, it was still pretty good.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    ...every time I come in here, Curly and Fred are arguing about something.

You guys really need your own sitcom.

@Fred: IMO, the fact that the main character is having dreams about four fifteen year old boys would more than . How old is this guy, exactly, anyway?
    Hey, it's that time again, it's "The Curly and Fred Show!"

The main character (in this book), is a 15 year old girl. Apparently the five of them are meant to meet up and defeat "The Old Ones" in the 5th book. The one I'm reading is book 4.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ettin in the Playground

I start to wonder if they genuinely hate each other, or if it's all just an act put on for our amusement.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, it's that time again, it's "The Curly and Fred Show!"

The main character (in this book), is a 15 year old girl. Apparently the five of them are meant to meet up and defeat "The Old Ones" in the 5th book. The one I'm reading is book 4.
    Huh.
    Sounds like a bad fantasy staple, to me.
    ALSO
    You can tell it is ficton. She's dreamin' about dudes her own age.

WHAT ARE THE HAPS PLAYGROUNDERS
    It's time to break this little absentee-ism habit of mine.
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

30. - Top - End - #780

I start to wonder if they genuinely hate each other, or if it's all just an act put on for our amusement.
    I think it's an act. I know all my forum fights have been one big joke. Especially the one that goes on with Ff Fanboy. And I just realized, I haven't seen FF in a while. Anyone know where he is?
    Last edited by DraPrime; 2009-04-02 at 04:27 PM.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas