New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Llama Llama Duck 2 - Game Thread - The Return of Insanity

Next game I think I'm gonna be a vortexer. Assassins get targetted too much. I mean come on! I hit two out of two ducks and you guys still lynched me. The only reason I didn't argue is because I thought Reinholdt had vortexed me. Someone had at any rate, but the votes were being pushed onto me, not off.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    You think? You're not sure how to pronounce your own name?

If you're not sure, I submit that this cannot be right, because there's no 'Z' or 'R' sound in it.
    Well, the s and the z together make an s sound. The r... it's just silent.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

3. - Top - End - #783

*Trumpets Blare*

Welcome, Ladies and Gentlemen and Creatures of All Ages. To the one, the only award ceremony that can take place after such a crazy game. Welcome to the second annual LLAMOSCARS!

*Trumpets Blare, Fireworks go off*

We have many awards to hand out tonight, so we ask that all recipients wait until after this post to step on up and give a receiving speech.

The awards have been selected by members of the academy, outstanding citizens in the land of Llama, heroes of the playground, generally good people, and your hosts for the ceremony tonight - Supagoof and Atreyu, the Masked Llama!

*applause*

Our first award to the person to end the game. That’s right, the last guy killed is the first one awarded. So for bringing the game to an end, the Game Over award goes too….envelope please.

Spoiler
    Show
    PirateMonk

Congratulations!

Our next award goes to those who signed up, picked a llama, but never really made an impact on the game with their night abilities. The Did The Game Start? award goes too…

Spoiler
    Show
    Allysian
    Haruki-Kun

Congratuls!

Our next award, to the group that despite their best intentions, did the things that were hurtful to their team. These things could include stuff like, killing a team-mate, getting someone on your team lynched, keeping someone on the other team alive, and other things that were just not helpful to the teams goal. The Oops, My Bad! award goes to …

Spoiler
    Show
    Cristo Meyers
    Lamech
    Lex-Kat
    Recaiden
    Uncle Festy
    Murska
    Hyozo/Iced Dragons
    Selrahc
    Mustiado
    Nychta/xNadia

Congrats, and we'll be sure to see you redeemed in round 3!

Our next award goes to the ones who did the opposite. Their actions were helpful in eliminating the other team, or just helping theirs stay alive. The On The Right Track awards go to….

Spoiler
    Show
    Banjo1985
    Evnafets
    Mordokai
    Shadowcaller
    Hap_hazard
    Dallas-Dakota
    DarkComet
    Deathslayer7
    Fleeing Coward
    Aemoh
    Griever
    ThePhantom

Way to go.

Now, for more specific categories. This next award was for those who lasted all 16 days until the game ending criteria was met. For their triumph in outplaying, outwitting, and outlasting the enemy, the "I Made It!" award goes to...

Spoiler
    Show
    Alarra
    Cristo Meyers
    Dragoon
    Skippy
    Szilard
    The Valient Turtle

Super job there!

The next award goes to the player who was responsible for rallying the troops and getting his team together, without having a seer to help locate who’s who. The Llama Leader in this game is…

Spoiler
    Show
    Reinholdt

Congratulations. But wait, speaking of the seers, where were they?

Some were Actually Looking...

Spoiler
    Show
    Skippy
    Hap_Hazard

Some weren’t Looking at All...

Spoiler
    Show
    Stu42
    Wolfbane

And others, were just waiting to have someone look, but No One Was Looking.

Spoiler
    Show
    Helgraf

Further in the "Looking" category, this player had a keen eye for detail, and did a great job in making sure their trail was covered. The Trained Eye award...

Spoiler
    Show
    Trixie

Speaking of looking, the players who looked out for each other also get an award. These three had a plan, which I can only equate to “You lean on my back bubba and I’ll lean on yours, that way we’ll keep our faces out of the mud.” from Forest Gump. The plan, involved careless baners baning each other every night. So the Forest Gump award…

Spoiler
    Show
    Alarra
    Dragoon
    Zeb The Troll

But for every good plan, there is a way to mess it up. We thought the person who “broke” the plan deserved and award as well. The Bane This! award goes to…

Spoiler
    Show
    Catseye2121

Step on up and accept your award.

Well the game was fun, if not only to watch but also to play in. The next series of awards go to players who kept the game more interesting and insane then even the narrators could hope for. The first award goes to the player tripped into using his own ability against someone else. For vortexing fingers that bounced off him beyond the person they were intended for, the Relay Race award is for…

Spoiler
    Show
    Jontom Xire

Also, for the huge amount of assassins in the game, there were a few who kept firing shots, but never quite getting their target because of baning/voiding. The No Ammo award goes to….

Spoiler
    Show
    Talic
    Trixie

Next award is for the assassin’s who never wasted a bullet. These few always hit their mark, and so the 1 Shot. 1 Kill. award is for

Spoiler
    Show
    BilltodaMax
    Recaiden
    Shadow
    Uncle Festy

But with all the kills/non-kills, let not forget the player who took one for the team. For his suicidal maneuver by shooting a beast, the Pull Pin/Throw Gren*BOOM* award goes to…heh, appropriately named even...

Spoiler
    Show
    Fin

The next player who provided much amusement with their play, They wanted to be noticed, and so the Kept Everyone Guessing award is for

Spoiler
    Show
    HappyTurtle

Every game he plays in, someone brings up the rule. And it seems to be his demise more often then not. For the Stupid 3 Day Rule that haunts him, this award goes to…

Spoiler
    Show
    Shadow

The next award goes to a player who made a narrator’s day with using Llama logic to figure out who’s who. Even though he forgot the Murska Constant, the Math is Broked award is for

Spoiler
    Show
    PirateMonk

The next award goes to a group that never quite got into the limelight in the game. They had sneaky background movement, and were a force, but made only the smallest blip on the radar before being taken out. For their subtle movements in the time they had, the Too Short A Game award goes to

Spoiler
    Show
    Wolfbane
    Ariko
    Dr. Bath
    GoC
    Zar Peter

Finally our last award. The champions of the game. The ones who successfully made it and satisfied their win conditions. The Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! award…

Spoiler
    Show
    Cristo Meyers
    Dragoon
    Skippy
    Szilard

That's it. That's all we have! Thank you to everyone for playing, and we'll see you again in Llama Llama Duck 3!
    Last edited by Supagoof; 2009-06-19 at 11:37 AM.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

4. - Top - End - #784
    Firbolg in the Playground

Our next award, to the group that despite their best intentions, did the things that were hurtful to their team. These things could include stuff like, killing a team-mate, getting someone on your team lynched, keeping someone on the other team alive, and other things that were just not helpful to the teams goal. The Oops, My Bad! award goes to …

Spoiler
    Show
    Cristo Meyers
    Lamech
    Lex-Kat
    Recaiden
    Uncle Festy
    Murska
    Hyozo/Iced Dragons
    Selrahc
    Mustiado
    Nychta/xNadia
    I just wanted to shoot Helgraf...

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh. I think Fin got the best award.

Though Catseye's Bane This! just sounds cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #786

Narrator Thoughts on the game....

I was pleased, and surprised with the result of the game. I honestly didn't expect it to last this long, especially with 11 assassins. Though there were plenty of careless baners and voiders at work to keep them quiet.

Reinholdt - Dragoon saved you a few times, so even if his last point changed the tide of the game, you should thank him for covering your back.

Helgraf - I'd have loved to see someone scry you and allow you to infiltrate the llama network. Too bad the 2 llama's with the ability to look died early.

The last day could have turned the tides many a direction. With the teams knwoing who each other were (ducks knew through night kills and I'm sure the Llama's knew through Reinholdt) In order for the Llama's to have won...

A. Dragoon votes for Cristo - bring it to a tie, but not enough since Skippy came and pointed at Piratemonk giving him the tiebreaker first.
    B. Alarra votes for Cristo - making him the lynch.
    C. Cristo Dies - 2 ducks left.

Then in the night - you have 3 llamas (Masons + Alarra) and Dragoon. If the ducks attack Alarra or Dragoon, no one gets killed (assuming Dragoon keeps the Bane you/bane me plan). Then the next day the llama's control the lynching, and either lynch Skippy or Szilard (taking someone with him.) The final night could have been again a roll of the dice for the remaining duck to pick out who isn't baned.

Or

The ducks kill PirateMonk or The Valient Turtle. Next day 5 remain, 2 ducks, 2 Llama's, and Dragoon.

Special thanks to Lamech - who literally used one of his assassin kill on me (for s&g's I assume ). It prompted me to start the Chalupa Sidequest. It was a perfect excuse to add the Chalupa insanity.

Also amusing was the Trixie/Fleeing Coward debacle. Fleeing Coward voided Trixie every night, which probably frustrated Trixie to no end. I'd have to say of all the PMs for assassin kills - Trixie sent in the most, and had a ton of clever ways of hiding stuff.

I'll probably not change anything for LLD3, unless anyone objects? It'll be interesting to see who comes back with a changed role or who keeps the same.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Summary:

7. - Top - End - #787
    Bugbear in the Playground

*Hugs awards*
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt - Dragoon saved you a few times, so even if his last point changed the tide of the game, you should thank him for covering your back.
    Yeah, Dragoon was great. Even when I suspected he may have been a disguiser.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #789

I thought Reinholdt was a duck right up until he was killed.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

10. - Top - End - #790

Also amusing was the Trixie/Fleeing Coward debacle. Fleeing Coward voided Trixie every night, which probably frustrated Trixie to no end. I'd have to say of all the PMs for assassin kills - Trixie sent in the most, and had a ton of clever ways of hiding stuff.
    Trixie did hide those names quite well. Even after I figured it was her that tried to kill me, I didn't think to look into translations of the words for my name
    I only survived due to luck since I had decided to send in an action to cancel the default void that night but my net stuffed up before I could. (She had finally convinced me that she wasn't an assassin as she first claimed before that kill.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Orc in the Playground

*Fin steps up on box strangely labeled 'TNT' to give his speech*

I'd just like to thank everyone for... KABOOM!

*and now you know how he won it! I would like to point out that even though he had said he was a beast I thought he was bluffing... He was not.*
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

12. - Top - End - #792

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Piratemonk was lynched. Piratemonk was a Llama Mason.

Which means...

DUCKS & BUNNIESY WIN THE GAME!

It was close, with 3 Llamas, 3 Ducks, and 1 Bunny standing on the last day. But with the Last Bunny (Dragoon) pointing at one of the remaining Llama's (PirateMonk), it meant any chance of Llama Victory went with the lynch, as now the Ducks => Remaining players, which satisfy their win condition, and since Dragoon is alive and a Bunny - he has satisified his win condition.

Roles
    Spoiler
    Show

Congratulations to Dragoon the bunny and Team DUCK!

More comments and thoughts coming with trophies in a bit, along with the published narrator spreadsheet, but for now - share youre thoughts on the game. What worked? What didn't? What could be made better? Any noteworthy maneuvers (aka Mustiado's)?
    To everyone who said the ducks were dead.
    PHBBBBBBT!!!!

Also

QUACK!!

EDIT: Damnit Cristo, you're the one who killed me?!

ANOTHER EDIT: Heh - at least I was pegged _completely wrong_ by the MC sheet. Ha ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    I just wanted to shoot Helgraf...
    You've been pulling the trigger on me a lot lately. And more often than not I'm on your same damn team.

That FF game really really scarred you, didn't it?

MUCHO EDITO FOR COMBINING POSTS:

Helgraf - I'd have loved to see someone scry you and allow you to infiltrate the llama network. Too bad the 2 llama's with the ability to look died early.
    I was actually hoping it would save me from lynch by llamas .. but infiltration would have been awesome as well.

EDIT YET AGAIN: I was the _only_ disguiser in the whole game?! How the deuce did that happen?
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2009-06-21 at 12:54 AM.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

*Hugs award*

I'm really, really surprised I made it until endgame. I got really disappointed at a certain point of the game because I couldn't find anything useful (I didn't pay attention anymore, all I could see was blonde, brunette...) and every time I found a duck he was mercilessly killed shortly after, even on the same night thanks to those assassins (So now I know who killed Helgraf right when I found him! Cristo you... you... duck killer!) so I just went with the flow. The finals messed up my schedule badly, but I still managed to stay under the radar and stay alive. Still glad I won, and still glad I've got my two awards! Thanks a lot!

Also, I'm glad I took my chances!
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

14. - Top - End - #794
    Troll in the Playground

Heh. Before the game started, I claimed I'd be taking Assassin to few people, made a deal with Happyturtle that we both take Howard and bane each other every day and made a deal with Haruki that we both take careless baner and bane each other every night, then took Beast and claimed it to more people.

All in an effort to hopefully survive for a while. At least I took a duck down with mah Beast, although apparently I did something bad for my team without me noticing, based on the trophy.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    EDIT: Damnit Cristo, you're the one who killed me?!

You've been pulling the trigger on me a lot lately. And more often than not I'm on your same damn team.

That FF game really really scarred you, didn't it?
    Hey, I had to get someone before leaving for vacation, and you were as good a target as any

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground

Huzzah I was on the Right Track!

Enjoyed this game immensely, bring on moar says I!

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

17. - Top - End - #797
    Banned

Next award is for the assassin’s who never wasted a bullet. These few always hit their mark, and so the 1 Shot. 1 Kill. award is for

Spoiler
    Show
    BilltodaMax
    Recaiden
    Shadow
    Uncle Festy

Every game he plays in, someone brings up the rule. And it seems to be his demise more often then not. For the Stupid 3 Day Rule that haunts him, this award goes to…

Spoiler
    Show
    Shadow
    WOOHOO!~
    Well done Ducks!
    I have to say, I had a bunch of fun acting like a JERK for a couple of days and keeping the attention focused on myself so that we could geet a few kils in!
    I was never expecting to last very long as an assassin anyway, so I decided to get a couple of quick kills in and steal Center Stage allowing the rest of my unknown team some time to hopefully get some work done.

18. - Top - End - #798

*snip*At least I took a duck down with mah Beast, although apparently I did something bad for my team without me noticing, based on the trophy.
    That one is me goofing around again. Because your always a wolf. Wondering when you'd notice.

Actually, you should have the "On The Right Track" award for pointing 2/3 times at a duck and getting one killed with your ability.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, Helgraf - You were the ONLY DISGUISER and the Llama Seers died early. Rough luck.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

19. - Top - End - #799

WOOOO TROPHIES!
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.