New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Any news on the Erfworld website?

I read a post by pclips somewhere that the Erfworld guys are going to set up a website for the comic, where all future work will be published.
    So pclips, if you read this, are you able to give an ETA of the site and perhaps a few teasers on what we can find there?

Can't wait to see more Erfworld goodness.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Any news on the Erfworld website?

Soon, very soon. Maybe next week, even. The erfworld.com domain may currently resolve to the beta site for some of you (it doesn't for me, as of this posting, but it does for Harknell, our web developer). You won't be able to register or do anything, but you can see what it will look like, approximately. A lot of functionality is going in this weekend. We've also got the thumbs-up from Rich to mirror the Book 1 archive over there, to possibly relieve a little bandwidth from here.
    Rob Balder, Erfworld author/co-creator, and creator of PartiallyClips

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pclips View Post
    Soon, very soon. Maybe next week, even. The erfworld.com domain may currently resolve to the beta site for some of you (it doesn't for me, as of this posting, but it does for Harknell, our web developer). You won't be able to register or do anything, but you can see what it will look like, approximately. A lot of functionality is going in this weekend. We've also got the thumbs-up from Rich to mirror the Book 1 archive over there, to possibly relieve a little bandwidth from here.
    Sounds good, looking forward to seeing what you've created. The link currently redirects me back to giantitp, but that's better than just going to a dead link.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

or you could just trigger a 404 error and force it to show you it's innards. ;)

http://erfworld.com/erf.htm - to force the 404 error. Wiki is blank, forums are in maintenance mode, and store is still at default mode.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Guess I'll start pulling articles from the scratch pad wiki and move them to the new one.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    Guess I'll start pulling articles from the scratch pad wiki and move them to the new one.
    http://erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Yeah, anyone who wants to get a jump on that wiki can go ahead. There is a lot of work to do. We'll probably need admins there too.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

The website is looking great. I am excited to see what ya'll will do with it.

Keep up the good work on Gobwin Knob.

Edit: Wahoo I just became an Orc!
    Last edited by Texas Jedi; 2009-04-06 at 11:22 AM.
    Sniper Extraordinaire for Clan Giant (now defunked)

Thanks in order Shades of Gray, LordRod,and rtg0922 for the awesome avatars.
    Spoiler
    Show
    They really made my day!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pclips View Post
    http://erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Yeah, anyone who wants to get a jump on that wiki can go ahead. There is a lot of work to do. We'll probably need admins there too.
    Oh man... you just ruined me. And I thought that I was going to get to sleep relatively soon, too. As if I was enough of a wiki-whore, now I have a large empty wiki to fill without those folks and rules that make me lovingly want to propose [[WP:T.W.A.T.]] as official Wikipedia policy.
    Last edited by ThreeEyedOni; 2009-04-06 at 10:28 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeEyedOni View Post
    Oh man... you just ruined me. And I thought that I was going to get to sleep relatively soon, too. As if I was enough of a wiki-whore, now I have a large empty wiki to fill without those folks and rules that make me lovingly want to propose [[WP:T.W.A.T.]] as official Wikipedia policy.
    Mostly empty.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, it's amazing and tragic what has happened to Wikipedia. So much good, true, accurate, useful information has been added, and subsequently torn out. The place has a debilitating autoimmune disease. I just want to make sure ours never suffers that fate.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

T.W.A.T.? Explain please.
    NOGENERATION Aleph(0): Copy this into your sig and add or subtract 1 whenever you feel like it. This is a pointless experiment.

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
    . . . . . . Dr Pepper
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dr pepper View Post
    T.W.A.T.? Explain please.
    Take out the periods and you get a word which the GitP forum does not like, and has a dual slang meaning of a certain part of the female anatomy and for an unsavory, unpleasant individual. AKA - a good 70% of registered Wikipedia users.

I'm horribly addicted to the site as I'm a terribly media addict and will research topics to death; Wiki just makes it easier to do so; but the place is absolutely insane. Many users memorize "wiki rules" and then basically toss them out as bureaucratic non-loopholes as ways to get something accomplished (or keep something from being accomplished) in the face of all logic and reason. Also, it's something of a "Self-Hating Site" in the sense that while it's a prime example of what the internet is/can be, the rules of it utterly hate the internet as a media and lean entirely towards distrusting it and devaluing it for any desires of accuracy or education.

Anywho, just my two cents. This isn't really the place to devolve into a criticism of the site. There's already a site for that.[Edit: Link has NSFW banner ads containing suggestive imagery of mostly-unclothed female humans. Also warning: most of ED contains material that could either be considered highly NSFW or will make your IT department love you for life. Use your own discretion, or if necessary use the discretion of a wiser individual with better self-preservation instincts.]
    Last edited by ThreeEyedOni; 2009-04-07 at 09:29 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

A link to Encyclopaedia Dramatica. Is it work-safe?
    The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, i know what t--t is. It's just that the way you phrased it:

rules that make me lovingly want to propose [[WP:T.W.A.T.]] as official Wikipedia policy
    Seemed to imply that the letters stood for a policy statement. Ok, replacing the letters with a lower rated euphemism would give us:

rules that make me lovingly want to propose [[WP:hooh-hah]] as official Wikipedia policy
    which still doesn't make sense to me. Are you proposing a policy that all wiki editors are hooh-hahs? That wwould seem to be a characterization, not a policy.
    NOGENERATION Aleph(0): Copy this into your sig and add or subtract 1 whenever you feel like it. This is a pointless experiment.

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
    . . . . . . Dr Pepper
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4

15. - Top - End - #15
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

I think I'll just state in an impeccably work-safe and GitP-forum-safe manner that there is a faction of Wikipedia editors who have gone seriously off the rails, to the detriment of the whole project, and let it go at that.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dr pepper View Post
    snip
    as in "don't be a"-