New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Erfworld 152 - tBfGK - 139

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2009-04-08 at 10:53 AM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

This is, by far, the most boring off-topic conversation that I've seen on an Erfworld thread. Can we get back to talking about the potential for a Maggie/Sizemore hookup?

3. - Top - End - #243
    Pixie in the Playground

all this razor stuff is starting to give me a headache. So I went out and tried to find out the meaning...

Ockham's Razor is the principle proposed by William of Ockham in the fourteenth century: ``Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate'', which translates as ``entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily''.

A more straightforward application of the Razor is when we are face with two theories which have the same predictions and the available data cannot distinguish between them. In this case the Razor directs us to study in depth the simplest of the theories. --->http://physics.ucr.edu/~wudka/Physic...ww/node10.html

So the Razor says the simple explanation is better than the not simple explanation. But each explanation must use the same available data to come to different conclusions but the conclusions can't be unprove-able... Like you can't say ...
    "Atom bombs work because God just $*** himself." How do you unprove or prove that?

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fendrin View Post
    ... if a fantasy world has anything in it that violates the expected norms or science (for instance, D&D owlbears), it is explained away as being a magical effect. In this case, we already know the eruption was caused by magic. So the possible results are unlimited...
    A 40 foot high undead lava golem arises in Gobwin Keep. No master. Nothing... except a pretty red headed girl holding some pliers.

Of course the golem falls in love, picks her up and carries her to the top of the mountain...

5. - Top - End - #245

Quote Originally Posted by Pointyleaf View Post
    This is, by far, the most boring off-topic conversation that I've seen on an Erfworld thread. Can we get back to talking about the potential for a Maggie/Sizemore hookup?
    LOL! I think you understand what is really important here.

6. - Top - End - #246

Can we get back to talking about the potential for a Maggie/Sizemore hookup?
    You have a dirty mind.
    Spoiler
    Show
    OotS Fan-fiction (An alternate OotS-verse starting after page 603. If you want to read it go here)

bad Erf-poetry

and other sillyness.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Barbarian in the Playground

That really hurt my brain. I think I'd rather hear about the 40' uncroaked lava lamp golem.

It occurs to me, actually, that Maggie and Sizemore already are hooked up... with Wanda. And now the three of them are on their own in the Magic Kingdom, with nothing to do but...
    Last edited by fractal; 2009-04-08 at 01:22 AM.

8. - Top - End - #248

MonkGuy

Bow chicka wow wow

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by fractal View Post
    That really hurt my brain. I think I'd rather hear about the 40' uncroaked lava lamp golem.
    You want to hear about the 40' uncroaked lava lamp golem hooking up with Scarlet?

10. - Top - End - #250
    Dwarf in the Playground

I hear your pain. In the spirit of negotiation and compromise, let's discuss a Maggie/Sizemore/Wanda/Occam mega-swing.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    You want to hear about the 40' uncroaked lava lamp golem hooking up with Scarlet?
    Actually, what' going to happen is that the lava lamp golem will carry Scarlett to the top of the volcano, then Stanley arrives with the Dwagons and tries to shoot the lava lamp golem down. A little bit like this:

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by BLANDCorporatio; 2009-04-08 at 02:56 AM.
    The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Truer words never spoken. This tread started out very interesting, with all the discussion about blood and body fluids. That helped me writing the plot for a Anson/Jillian/Wanda/Stanley/Sizemore/Misty/Maggie/Bunny/Manpower/Mung/Bogroll/RedMonsterDwagon Slash Fic (that story is by the way here). Sadly nothing interesting came after that.
    Until now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

12. - Top - End - #252

Quote Originally Posted by Welf von Ehrwal View Post
    Truer words never spoken. This tread started out very interesting, with all the discussion about blood and body fluids. That helped me writing the plot for a Anson/Jillian/Wanda/Stanley/Sizemore/Misty/Maggie/Bunny/Manpower/Mung/Bogroll/RedMonsterDwagon Slash Fic (that story is by the way here). Sadly nothing interesting came after that.
    Until now.
    Oogh! Is that the live or uncroaked version of Manpower?

I see Wanda and Maggie in dominatrix gear whipping the rest, who are naked except for just enough accessories to look like the Village People, copulating in every possible way while singing "Oops! I did it again!" by Brittany Spears.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Goshen View Post
    I see Wanda and Maggie in dominatrix gear whipping the rest, who are naked except for just enough accessories to look like the Village People, copulating in every possible way while singing "Oops! I did it again!" by Brittany Spears.
    That's what you get for not running when somebody unrolls a Shockamancy scroll.

14. - Top - End - #254

MonkGuy

Bow chicka wow wow.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

smile Re: Erfworld 152 - tBfGK - 139

Until now.
    I love the depth you give your main characters, and the gritty realism with which you bring them to life in your slash fic.

16. - Top - End - #256

MonkGuy

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2009-04-08 at 11:00 AM.

17. - Top - End - #257

MonkGuy

Until now.
    I like the setup, but the ending left me wanting more.

More interesting would be a Maggie/Bunny thing. Yowza. Mung can be in it too, I guess. They need someone to guard the door against intruders.

18. - Top - End - #258

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BLANDCorporatio View Post
    I hear your pain. In the spirit of negotiation and compromise, let's discuss a Maggie/Sizemore/Wanda/Occam mega-swing.
    If we -have- to have a guy involved in the 'mega-swing' couldn't it be Mung instead? And replace Maggie with Bunny.

Now we're talkin'.

19. - Top - End - #259

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I love the depth you give your main characters, and the gritty realism with which you bring them to life in your slash fic.
    While I agree it is deep characterization, the twist ending was far too derivative of The Sixth Sense. I mean cmon, that ending came out of nowhere. So forced.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff of Moddingham: Please keep the discussion civil and avoid personal attacks on other posters.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2009-04-08 at 11:32 AM.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

21. - Top - End - #261

tongue Re: Erfworld 152 - tBfGK - 139

That helped me writing the plot for a Anson/Jillian/Wanda/Stanley/Sizemore/Misty/Maggie/Bunny/Manpower/Mung/Bogroll/RedMonsterDwagon Slash Fic (that story is by the way here). Sadly nothing interesting came after that.
    Until now.
    I followed the link, because I don't want to miss that action, bu I only see the title "Anson and Jillian and Wanda and Stanley and Sizemore and Misty and Maggie and Bunny and Manpower the Temporary and Mung and Bogroll and Red Monster Dwagon have sex. " I opened in Firefox and Safari on a MAC. Unless I am being dense and that *is* the plot. If so, that's cool--all it would need is a bit of artwork.
    Last edited by Goshen; 2009-04-08 at 03:20 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd like to think of my short story not only as the first erfworld slash fic, but as the first slash fic in the style of the New Objectivity.
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

23. - Top - End - #263

Yes, it's a boring "aside," but I feel compelled to state that I doubt that the casters got points for the volcano's kills, just as Wanda didn't level continuously from all the action her uncroaked saw or Sizemore didn't level from the battles fought by his golems.
    Quo vadis?

24. - Top - End - #264
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Goshen View Post
    I followed the link, because I don't want to miss that action, bu I only see the title "Anson and Jillian and Wanda and Stanley and Sizemore and Misty and Maggie and Bunny and Manpower the Temporary and Mung and Bogroll and Red Monster Dwagon have sex. " I opened in Firefox and Safari on a MAC. Unless I am being dense and that *is* the plot. If so, that's cool--all it would need is a bit of artwork.
    It's not a rickroll? I guess I'm just too darn cynical....

25. - Top - End - #265

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMB View Post
    Rickroll in the hay?
    Quo vadis?

26. - Top - End - #266

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDan View Post
    Yes, it's a boring "aside," but I feel compelled to state that I doubt that the casters got points for the volcano's kills, just as Wanda didn't level continuously from all the action her uncroaked saw or Sizemore didn't level from the battles fought by his golems.
    How do you know Sizemore didn't level? Or Wanda for that matter? Bogroll levelling was only mentioned as proof Ansom was dead.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDan View Post
    (Don't look at my avatar that way! It could still happen.
    Dude, you're foolamancing yourself.
    NOGENERATION Aleph(0): Copy this into your sig and add or subtract 1 whenever you feel like it. This is a pointless experiment.

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
    . . . . . . Dr Pepper
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMB View Post
    A rickroll is beneath me. That was new in 2007, now it isn't.
    ― Joseph Stalin

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDan
    (Don't look at my avatar that way! It could still happen.)
    Quote Originally Posted by dr pepper View Post
    Dude, you're foolamancing yourself.
    Yeah, seriously, time for a new sig..... I don't think even the new linked mancers could uncroak Ansom now....

30. - Top - End - #270

Quote Originally Posted by chefsotero View Post
    But Occhan's Razor is a rule of thumb. Pehapps the McDaddy of the Rules of thumb, but still

Given two models that describe the same effect we should pick the simpliest one. And hey that was a great thing in the Heliocentric x Ptolemaic models.

The problem is that it is no final proof.
    In the formal expression, it provably identifies maximum probability. See "Minimum Description Length Induction, Bayesianism and Kolmogorov Complexity", by Vitanyi and Li (doi:10.1109/18.825807).

Sorry; pet peeve.
    Last edited by abb3w; 2009-04-08 at 08:46 PM.