New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,478 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: God-Kings of Lotus

Zephyr

Zephyr is the next to step forth, his silvery anima forming a brilliant argent cloak around his hulking form as he strides proudly out to address the assembled gods and Exalts. "Gods. Exalts. Honored Most High - lend your ears to my voice. I come before you, Zephyr Scales-of-War, Full-Moon chosen of the Argent Madonna, my Lady Luna. I come before you accused of terrible crimes - crimes of which myself and my companions are innocent." He looked around, meeting the eyes of the assembled personages, his silver orbs gleaming as he held up his massive hands, palms up. "I come before you with empty hands outstretched in peace - these same hands that have rent asunder two of the same terrible kindred who perpetrated this atrocity upon creation. These hands that have worked only in the service of Luna, and of all Creation. I implore you, do not bind these hands - nor those of my companions. We are fell foes, but foes ever of the enemies of creation - the foes that press in at all sides. Now is not a time for us to fight, to quarrel, to turn on one another in hatred - now is the time for all true friends of this world to stand united against the dark of the Abyss, the chaos of the Wyld, and the grim green light of Ligier. I ask you to see the truth of our innocence, not only for my own sake, but for the sake of all Creation."

Spoiler
    Show

Buying 2 successes with First Charisma Excellency

Charisma + Presence

(7d10)[10][3][9][9][10][2][8](51)

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

"I am Ivory Eyes, Sorceress of the Circle of Adamant, Twilight-Caste of the Solar Host," she says as she follows in Yomiko's example, standing triumphant but speaking in a restrained whisper as she moves forward, her wing tips brushing the orichalcum floor. "And I have lost must in the defense of Creation. For the power to defend it, I surrendered memory of that which I cherish most. For the right to banish back the Green Sun Ligier, I cast my voice into the ear of Malfeas. I hope then, that you will excuse the hoarseness of my tone, the shortness of my patience."

"Our own Vizier,"
    Ivory says, turning to address the Sidereals, "whom you have seen fit to deprive us of. He spoke to me of what it is to be a Sidereal, to be a god. And you have made sacrifices. Difficult choices. No, I'm not talking about that," she adds, shaking her head. "I'm talking about the sacrifice of one's own life. It is part and parcel of being a Sidereal, I am told. I can't imagine it, waking up, called to a life of ten-thousand stresses. You keep the world running, and it is commendable. Consider my astonishment, then, when Heaven did not descend upon the Prince of Demon Princes! When I was torn, grieving for...for someone I cared very deeply for, and told that if we could not push back Ligier, that the Blessed Isle would fall. Gods are good at watching, knowing, counting," she says, softening her tone as she turns her gaze to the divinities gathered in the hall. There's no irony in her voice. "How many died as we raced to the scene? How many more would have died before Heaven acted?"

Ivory Eyes turns her back to the jury, but speaks still in a growing whisper: "Everything we have done, we have done for Creation. We have sacrificed safety and memories and joy and love in the name of our jobs. We hold no bureaus, we keep neither offices nor hours. Our job is to do whatever Creation requires of us, and we have done that! To spirit us away now is to spit in the face of what we have sacrificed. If Heaven had acted, then perhaps Heaven would know. But you did not, and so your agents fumbled blindly to take us to this trial for the very event that we served to mitigate. I'm so sorry that it's come to that," she says as she moves to take her seat again.

"Really."

Spoiler
    Show

Cha + Pre
    (8d10)[9][1][1][9][2][10][10][4](46)+4 Automatic Successes from her Excellency

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Barbarian in the Playground

Watcher

Hesitating for a few moments, Watcher steps forward. He really didn't want to do this. There was a reason, after all, that he cloaked himself in shadow. But speak he did. It would make them all look bad if he didn't. "I am the Watcher From Behind the Mirror. God-King of Lotus. Night Caste; and Chosen of the Unconquered Sun. I am speaking to you all today not representing myself, or even my own innocence. I am here to prove the innocence of my Circle, my companions, and-" The nightbringer pauses one last moment as his empty circle of a caste mark appears over his masked forehead. "-my friends. We have been accused of the unthinkable: bringing the desert Cecelyne onto the Blessed Isle. The accuser obviously knows little about us. Everything we do is for the greater good of Creation, and for all that inhabit it. Mortals, exalts, even the gods that make up your ranks. Our goal, and our mission, is to bring law to all five poles. Tell me, how are we supposed to do so if a region of hell sits in the center of it. It was because of this purpose that we journeyed to the Realm in the first place. If we had not defeated the demon prince Ligier, then an even greater disaster then the desert would have happened. No, that abomination of sand was brought by one who called her War Empress. A woman who, thanks to my lunar companion, has been dealt with. So my only wish today is for our judges to look beyond these accusations, and see the truth.

With that, he sits back down. Confident.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using 5 motes on first presence excellency.

Cha+presence (10d10)[5][9][4][3][4][6][2][4][7][8](52)
    Most excellent Watcher avatar courtesy of GryffonDurime.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Troll in the Playground

There is a great commotion as the God-Kings introduce themselves, a stir of divided feeling among the Sidereal jury. As Yomiko reveals the Infernal Exalted's existence to Heaven itself there are cries of shock and outrage, and there are now few who feel a surge of loyalty as Zephyr and Watcher speaks of slaying these Yozi-Chosen, driving back Ligier from Creation. Ivory Eyes's castigation closes your entrance, and her words strike shame into many hearts, furious conviction into others. Nysela, smiling nervously as she looks up at the Unconquered Sun, has no great words, for no more need follow. She shyly announces her name and title, and sits.

And then, the opposing counsel stands to speak. The first is a god of utterly inhuman aspect, a writhing mass of snakes and serpents clothed in vaguely humanoid shape, clothed in fine silks and black-dyed regalia. "I am Itzcalimon, God of Blackmail. Elders and Viziers of the jury, believe you me, the so-called 'God-Kings' on trial today are little more than their predecessors, whom you so rightfully usurped. All their darkest secrets fall within my purview, and as such I have been called upon to reveal them on Heaven's behalf. We shall see what these Solars truly are, I promise you this." Ignis Divine looks on the snake-god with almost bemused consternation, but says nothing.

Next to speak is a foppish, effete god, crowned with gold and rubies. His body is slim and and decadently cared for, massaged and manicured and moliated by the highest decadences of Heaven. "My name is Gri-Fel, God of the Imperial City. I see all things within the Imperial City, and what I have seen is terrible. Not only did the accused watch as Cecelyne came at the beckoning of blasphemous summons, but they have slain Mnemon, the finest hope of the Realm, and conspired in the liberation of the Empire's enemies! Yu-Shan cannot stand for this! I call upon your wisdom to see that a full punishment is carried out."

The final god seems an elderly man of old, distinguished aspect, his hair white as salt, and matched by his goatee. Attired all in a double-breasted white suit and a black string tie, he clutches at the handle of a preposterously long butcher's knife, walking with it as if it were a cane. He steps up from the opposing counsel's embankment, walking the perimeter of the disc to address the jury. "Now, my name is O-Bankai, God of the Feast and Colonel of the Bureau of Heaven, honorary. I was chosen as the third member of this prosecution for my intimate knowledge of one of the accused, the so-called 'God-King' Ivory Eyes. This girl has stolen from Heaven, elders and viziers. Many years ago she slinked through the Calibration Gate into the Festival of Meeting, the same carnival that we now celebrate. But she didn't just accept the generosity of Yu-Shan, oh no. She wanted more. She stole a Peach of Immortality from my own feasting-table, honored members of the jury, and now she returns to us as the perpetrator of worse and greater crimes."

With the introductions completed, the trial proper commences. Heavenly law is a thing baroque and byzantine, and even the most learned of you only scarcely follow the arguments of Nysela and her opponent gods. The first to speak is Gri-Fel, laying down the facts of the case in the most ambiguous and equivocating rhetoric possible. "My own divine senses witnessed the accused–that one, the 'Most Efficacious Doctor of Brazen Impossibilities,' if you can believe such a name–setting the trap himself. An atrocious machine, buried in the earth of the Imperial City itself. Can you imagine the horror with which I watched him gloat over the mutilation of Creation itself, his comrades–there, you see them–gaping over the victory of the Yozis? There is no argument here, I saw it done!"

Itzcalimon speaks next, and his testimony is little more than sordid, salacious gossip. "That Ivory Eyes, that sorceress who boasts so proudly to have banished Ligier, has already betrayed Creation–in her bed! Yes, she has lain with one of the Yozi-Chosen, begotten a child by him. Why, this woman would destroy the world with her very womb! And her appointed mate, Zephyr Scales-of-War, has stolen your very secrets, Sidereals! He wields, without sanction or tutelage, the arts of the Blossom of the Perfected Lotus, the Charcoal March of Spiders! How can we trust anyone of such low and base deeds?"

They call witness upon witness, a parade of testimonies devised to embarass and misdirect rather than provide evidence. Jagalza, the Heavenly Satrap of the Realm, testifies to the God-King's "unjust war" on the Immaculate Order, placing the blame for the Battle of Lotus on their heads. Golden Reverie and Livilla are called together to recount the banishment of the Guild's merchants from Lotus, the Gods of Drug and Whore making much of their sorrow at the disruption of the Order-Conferring Trade Pattern. It is a sham but a sham without lies, a hastily managed campaign of irrelevant truths and shameful smears. Finally, when it comes to an end, Nysela stands, smoldering with fury. She begins your defense.

"Elders, Viziers, and of course you, Unconquered One, this is an outrage! My clients ought be honored as Creation's saviors, not condemned as its foes! Listen. We all have heard that the demon Ligier, the Green Sun, the Heart of the Demon Sultan, was summoned upon the Blessed Isle only days ago. While the Aerial Legion and the Dragon-Blooded Host fell before him, the accused flew, flew far from their home, to stand against him. You stand before men and women who have known the brazen Sword of the Yozis, who have spilled the blood of the Green Sun! If Ivory Eyes had not banished him back, what would Heaven have done?"

"What's more, the opposing counsel has equivocated and prevaricated far too long. They say it was 'the accused' who summoned Cecelyne. They are true. My client, the Most Efficacious Doctor of Brazen Impossibilities, was responsible for this monstrous crime. He is Yozi-Chosen, twisted by the titans into a thing far worse than any akuma. I am sure my witnesses will explain his nature far, far better than I ever could. But the prosecution would have you believe that this, this Infernal Exalt, is of one accord with all the other accused. Nonsense! Yomiko, Ivory Eyes, Zephyr, Watcher, and Whispering Heaven took him into their custody after defeating him and his masters–and yes, that includes Mnemon–for they knew that his expertise would be the most solvent key to driving back Cecelyne. The others are guilty of nothing more than obeying the Creation-Ruling Mandate, and standing as saviors of this world!"

And Nysela calls witnesses in abundance to your defense. Lytek is summoned to the stand, examining Doctor Brass's essence and giving a blow-by-blow account of every detail of Infernal Exaltation. The gallery gasps as he reveals the Solar shard at the Green Sun Prince's core, and murmurs with disgust as he tells just how the Yozis perverted it. Wun Ja swears to nobility and virtue in rule over Lotus, recounting with pleasure how the city has been elevated from a desolate, poverty-stricken slum to a city outshone only by those of the First Age. Even stern Ghataru calls, personally testifying to the virtue of each and every one of you, with especial favor to Watcher. Heaven does not lack those who know your truth.

As the penultimate proceedings are completed, Ignis Divine ponders all that has happened from his throne, the Sidereal jury audibly arguing below you. He speaks, addressing you directly.

"You Have Heard All Things Spoken Against You, All Things Said In Your Defense. If There Is Any Last Argument That You Must Speak, Then Let It Be Spoken Now. Let Justice Be Done."
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Ivory Eyes stands, fingers running lightly across the crystal of the adamant table before her as she does so. A single mote sheathes her hands in thin gold light and makes a sound like a waterglass.

"Gods were never children. You emerge, full and able, from the mechanisms set in motion by the titans. But we are not so lucky. We aren't created with such depth of understanding, such perfection of form. We are created small, and weak, and it takes us years to understand the rudiments of the world we inhabit. And when I was a child, I found my way to Heaven," she says, making her way to the center of the room, her gaze focused on O-Bankai.

"And the Festival of Meeting was raucous and incomprehensible. And I wandered the streets and the banquet halls terrified and alone. And a peach fell from the bowl of a distant table, knocked by clumsy divine hands, and no one seemed much concerned. It rolled past and stopped at my foot. Providence. So I took a bite. It's why I still look so young. And what did O-Bankai take in turn for a mistake I couldn't understand making? My mother, taken and bound in his service for a lifetime. Though, once I became a Lawgiver the good lord of feasts did tell me how to reclaim her by building his cult, a cruel extortion. I can encourage only worship of those worthy of it."

Ivory looks away from O-Bankai now, addressing Itzcalimon.

"I have been twice slandered today, so let me turn to the other charge and say simply that I do not think Heavenly Law extends into my bedroom. Iulus was an Infernal redeemed. And if such daliances with any infernal force truly are an offense," Ivory says, smile broadening as she turns to Gri-Fel. "I suppose we shall have to bring up half the Terrestrial Host on charges. Truly, House Cynis will not survive the necessary proceedings. There's a delightful little war chant that the Roseblack's army sang as proceeded into the capital of the Realm--did you hear it? How Mnemon kept Octavian around for his powerful quarterstaff."

Ivory shrugs, turns back towards the table for the defense. When she speaks now, her rasp is high and rising and mocking.

"What a happy day it must be where this procession of pettiness is the best employment of Heaven's time. What joy that there is nowhere in either Yu-Shan or Creation that could use Sidereal attention. What glee you must feel that the Imperial City Father's time is best spent making wild and impotent accusations rather than attending to the decimation wrought by the very witch he championed. And how very elated I am to share the details of my intimacies with this assembled court! Perhaps this trial could continue a bit longer? I just want to be sure that we give the Endless Desert time to settle in and realize just how to abuse it's new station in the world."

Ivory sighs, drops her voice to a bitter softness as she stands before her seat, hands clasped neatly around the head of the chair.

"What you still don't understand about this situation, you have failed to hear or don't need to know. Judge me as you see fit, and be certain of it this time because I wish one point to be made impossibly clear," she adds, and she pronounces each word slowly and deliberately: "I will not be judged again."

Spoiler
    Show

Suck it, O-Bankai.

(8d10)[7][9][2][6][8][6][2][4](44) + 4 Automatic Successes on Presence

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr

Zephyr's jaw clenched, and a vein throbbed in his forehead as he heard his mate slander - mere words against him were as flies biting the Tyrant Lizard, and they meant less than nothing to him, the petty insults of petty gods. But to speak against Ivory, who had done so much for creation, who had already suffered so much injustice... it was an outrage beyond outrage. At last, when Ivory had finished her rebuke, he calmed himself enough to speak.

"Oh yes, Gri-Fel? Mnemon, the finest of the Terrestrials? If you know all that occurs within the Imperial city, perhaps you heard her admit to conspiring with the Chosen of the Yozi to commit today's atrocity so as to unite the realms behind her? Yes, I executed her - and if that was a crime, then it is my crime, and not that of my companions. But I only did what was right - she was a monster, and the souls of the Imperial City's dead cried out for the swift mercy of my claws."

He flexed one claw. "As for the learning of the Perfected Lotus - Yes, I have. I have been trained in those arts - but I did not steal them. I did not even seek out a rogue member of your order to learn from them. I have come to them by stranger roads, but I took nothing, and earned everything. I do not seek to usurp your power - I only wish the strength to keep creation safe."

He looked at the gods, and he could not contain his scorn. "And yet here you sit, standing in judgment over petty foibles while heaven rots around you - you could not even mobilize against the wrath of the Green Sun, or else you simply did not desire to. In either case, it is a failure in your charge. How can you claim to manage the world if you cannot even protect it from the most brazen and obvious of foes? You need us, O gods of Heaven. All we wish to do is continue to protect creation. Judge us harshly, if you will. But when the Yozi come for you, I hope for your sakes that they are more merciful than you yourselves." He said, knowing what the answer to that would be.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Troll in the Playground

Yomiko smiles at Ivory Eyes as she returns to sit down and she too stands before the court, her anima still flaring with golden radiance. "We have seen two things placed before us today. Those who would rather see is guilty have presented slander with no base in this trial whatsoever, and those who would rather see us rightfully free have presented us with stern facts that prove us innocents and the Guardians of Creation! If any among you had will and strive for justice in your hearts, you would listen to our defense only."

She turns to the Infernal Doctor who sits somewhat separate from her own Circle, "The Most Efficacious Doctor of Brazen Impossibilities has become part of a Circle of Yozi-chosen that would see the Imperial City doomed." She then turns to Gri-Fel with fierce determination in her eyes, her anima flares slightly more. "And Mnemon, the late War-Empress felt a twisted desire to command such a Circle to unleash the literal bounds of HELL! upon the city she so claimed a desire to defend. What she was doing was waging war on those Chosen By The Unconquered Sun! Why, do you ask? I am certain all of you know the hatred the Terrestrial Exalts have for the Solar Exalted, the Lunar Exalted and if they knew of the presence of the Sidereals, their hatred would certainly not stop at the accused and reach into the jury. However, Mnemon consorted with Infernals, she KNEW we are not anathema! She rose Hell for no other reason than an avarice-stained grasp at power! In the process... keeping a Circle Mate of our own in a place we are unaware of. Rising Echo, as part of our Circle is as much a victim as the flesh of Gaia in which Cecelyne rose." She pauses again, letting her gaze stroll across the Sidereal jury, the gods that would accuse them and the Unconquered Sun she loves so dearly. "The Doctor IS guilty of certain crimes, yes. The crime he is most guilty of is obeying his Yozi patron, his Infernal allies and the most wicked among them all, Mnemon! If he is to find punishment for what he has done, it would only be right in the eyes of Heaven and Creation if he were to see trial AFTER he has helped reverse the effects of a device he did not detonate, but did merely create." The jury can barely see it, but tears pour from her eyes without restraint with as much sorrow over lost companions as she felt joy in meeting Sol Invictus.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dumping 8 motes into 1st Presence Excellency and channeling compassion. Demented, you should use your powers to make all the dice turn up high.

Cha+Presence+Compassion: (21d10)[2][10][6][6][3][1][5][10][2][2][8][2][9][10][5][4][9][2][6][3][2](107)
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Barbarian in the Playground

Watcher

Watcher stands, crossing his arms crossed and breath steady. A paragon of calm with emotions running high in the courtroom. Though internally, it was hard to hold back the rage. These Sidereals considered themselves so wise and powerful. So the real question that crossed his mind was, why hadn't they done anything to stop all this while they were being attacked by Infernals and a power-hungry Dynast?

"Much has been said about the four of us." Watcher starts, obviously ignoring the presence of Dr. Brass. "Much of it has been slander upon our virtues and goals. You say that two of us have stolen from heaven. It seems an awfully harsh word to use, especially when talking about the actions one took as a child. You say that Ivory Eyes took to bed with an Infernal. True as it may be, and not something I would personally condone; show me the law that prohibits such an act, be it mortal of heavenly. And before you take the moral high ground, let me remind you that you still allow men the right to own slaves."

He uncrosses his arms, using his cloak to hide his hands slowly balling into fists. "You say that we fought and killed Mnemon, the War-Empress of the Realm. This is absolutely true. Though she only allied with Infernals, she carried the same taint. She would have stopped at nothing to gain control over everything. She even would have sold out her sister. Her own flesh and blood!"

"But the thing that I find the most sickening is that despite our deeds, despite all that we have done in the name of good and law,"
    Watcher continues, his voice rising steadily with every word. We are blamed for bringing Hell into the heart of Creation. I can assure you that none of the exalts sitting at this table has committed such an act. Not even the Most Efficacious Doctor of Brazen Impossibilities can be blamed for this, even though he has admitted to building the device that caused this."

Finally He turns to Itzcalimon, his voice having reached its height; a volume that has not been heard from the Nightbringer in years. "I believe that you promised that you would see what we are? Well, allow me to enlighten you. Bringing his arms out, he throws aside his cloak, revealing the gleaming orichalcum of his armor, and his for once unhidden anima turns all the shadows near him from black to the glowing silver of his anima. We are Celestial Exalts! Chosen of the Sun, Zenith, Twilight, and Night casts. And Chosen of Luna, Full-Moon caste. We live our lives with a single overall purpose, to bring law, fair and just to Creation! By finding faults in our character, you find faults in the character of those who we would be nothing without! Ignis Divine and Argent Madonna!

Before crossing his arms once again and leaning against a nearby wall, one last sentence escapes his lips. "Any more questions?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Another 5 motes on First Presence Excellency.

Cha+presence (10d10)[2][5][4][6][8][8][2][4][3][5](47)
    Most excellent Watcher avatar courtesy of GryffonDurime.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus