New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Farmer Felix's Fantastic FRandom FBanter #119 (may contain traces of fnuts)

I was born in the year 1638 BCE, life sure changed, yanno.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

2. - Top - End - #302
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Farmer Felix's Fantastic FRandom FBanter #119 (may contain traces of fnuts)

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    That's exactly what a person from the future would say!
    Maybe I got my dates wrong, you may have a toddler or something, the time-space continuum is a complex and mind-breaking thing that very few of us understand.
    People think of time as a linear progression of cause to effect, but actually when viewed from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

It... got away from me, yeah.

@Felix: I (eventually) arrived at the same conclusion. Much easier to just talk to them (And by much easier, I mean still very difficult, but at least it should actually work).
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, even me.

The government is making up false memories and implanting them in our minds. I tracked their databases down. And killed them.

The truth is out there!
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gezina View Post
    I was born in the year 1638 BCE, life sure changed, yanno.
    'zina! You're back! Never leave us again!

Thufir, yeah though, I will admit that playing games can be a bit of fun at times, it's more preferrable to have things be clear and concise rather than always will-we-won't-we. Trying to find a way to say that I like a direct approach to romance but am still a romantic person, not an analytical type. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not me.

TRD, trying to think of some way to prove you wrong but I've got nothing. I want to believe... *X-files theme plays*
    Last edited by Felixaar; 2009-04-12 at 08:16 AM.
    Live, Laugh, Learn, Love,
    and Look both ways
    when you cross the street

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Even you?

And I understand Fred, I used to be the same. I got over that a while ago though, and it feels great.
    Over what? Stitches? I'm fine with my stitches. They're barely noticable. The only thing I regret about them is the pain I suffered.
    I also regret tripping over a Power Ranger. It was the Red Ranger.

@Thufir: Nice Dr.Who reference. *Bows* Did you happen to see the Easter special that was on last night? Lee Evans as a doctor was a stroke of genius in my opinion. I'm beginning to think that that was a COtAQ reference, which may have been taken from Dr.Who due to the Dr.Who reference made in one particular episode which contains the quote you used if memory serves.

EDIT: Welcome back Gezina. It's good to see you.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-04-12 at 08:20 AM.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

'zina! You're back! Never leave us again!
    Can't guarantee that, sorry.

Will try to, tho'.
    ٩๏̯͡๏

7. - Top - End - #307
    Troll in the Playground

Fred, Ha ha, no, I mean being over the whole "fear or rejection and/or failure" thing. I'm more of a "Failure is the spice of life!" person now - I've failed before, often and hard, and I'm not afraid of it anymore. Another saying I like is "If you're going to fail, might as well fail big time!"

'zina, you can't, but I can. *readies staple gun*
    Last edited by Felixaar; 2009-04-12 at 08:22 AM.
    and Look both ways

8. - Top - End - #308

Over what? Stitches? I'm fine with my stitches. They're barely noticable. The only thing I regret about them is the pain I suffered.
    I also regret tripping over a Power Ranger. It was the Red Ranger.

@Thufir: Nice Dr.Who reference. *Bows* Did you happen to see the Easter special that was on last night? Lee Evans as a doctor was a stroke of genius in my opinion.
    Felix meant your fear of rejection/failure I think. Edit: Ninja'd by the man teenager himself.

Of course I saw it. Lee Evans was alright, I suppose. The real stroke of genius though, to my mind, was having
    Spoiler
    Show
    a flying London bus.
    What could be better in a show that is so quintessentially British?
    Last edited by Thufir; 2009-04-12 at 08:24 AM.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ettin in the Playground

Ha ha, no, I mean being over the whole "fear or rejection and/or failure" thing. I'm more of a "Failure is the spice of life!" person now - I've failed before, often and hard, and I'm not afraid of it anymore. Another saying I like is "If you're going to fail, might as well fail spectacularly!"
    I can fail at sports and that doesn't bother me with most sports.
    This is my problem, which may sound like gloating but it isn't.
    1) I have passed every grading I have taken at Karate in the last 5 years.
    2) I have never failed to achieve/beat my target grades at school.
    3) I'm a natural goody-two-shoes. Therefore I have no problems with any authorities, e.g. Parents, School, Police, etc, etc.
    I have very little exposure to failure and therefore I am vulnerable to it when it does happen. This also means that I often (roughly 60% of the time) have to assure myself of a high chance of success (roughly 70% as a minimum) whenever I attempt something.

I also have problems with dissapointing people. This doesn't help when my father has told me himself that he is a perfectionist, although he's beginning to mellow out a bit (I blame age and Warcraft).

EDIT: The flying bus was great too. The creatures made a good "enemy" though. I don't think there can be a better show that is quintessentially British.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-04-12 at 08:26 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Well I was born, well more like first time seen, on december 2nd, 1969.

I still remember that IBM training video.....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

11. - Top - End - #311
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Over what?
    You broke his heart Fred, but it's ok, he's over it now.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

12. - Top - End - #312
    Banned

Guys have a mystical ability to not hear the facts when spelled out to them. A female in the same situation tends to rail and negate, but the initial premise had to have made it into her mind to be railed against. A guy can keep going, unruffled by a complete failure to receive information. It's fascinating to see and there has to be a way to manipulate that. . .

@V: It's a soap box and not a conversation--my bad.
    Last edited by Quincunx; 2009-04-12 at 08:37 AM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    You broke his heart Fred, but it's ok, he's over it now.
    How? I don't remember saying anything hurtful. If I did I apologise.
    (I also apologise for being literal here )

EDIT: Quincunx, you confuse me, on a regular basis.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-04-12 at 08:32 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

Fred, yeah, I understand. I'd encourage you to attempt to make more risks in life though, but obviously it's up to you what you do with your life

For the matter, I never really "failed" anything in school, though I didn't do as well as I'd expected in Home Ec (personally, I think the teacher was being a little harsh, but I'm not the type to get all reverse-schaudenfreuda (sp?) over it).

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Guys have a mystical ability to not hear the facts when spelled out to them. A female in the same situation tends to rail and negate, but the initial premise had to have made it into her mind to be railed against. A guy can keep going, unruffled by a complete failure to receive information. It's fascinating to see.
    True, but girls aren't immune to this either
    Last edited by Felixaar; 2009-04-12 at 08:35 AM.
    and Look both ways

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

Fred, yeah, I understand. I'd encourage you to attempt to make more risks in life though, but obviously it's up to you what you do with your life

For the matter, I never really "failed" anything in school, though I didn't do as well as I'd expected in Home Ec (personally, I think the teacher was being a little harsh, but I'm not the type to get all reverse-schaudenfreuda (sp?) over it).

True, but girls aren't immune to this either
    I know I should take more risks and maybe in the future I shall. Until then, I'm just going to keep trying my very best at everything I do. Which is something my parents drilled into my head at an early age.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

16. - Top - End - #316

Guys have a mystical ability to not hear the facts when spelled out to them. A female in the same situation tends to rail and negate, but the initial premise had to have made it into her mind to be railed against. A guy can keep going, unruffled by a complete failure to receive information. It's fascinating to see.
    I get paranoid about this sometimes. Like, maybe I have been given an indication which should have been blatantly obvious, but I was just completely oblivious to it.
    On the other hand, maybe I haven't. Just because I'm oblivious doesn't mean something actually happened for me to be oblivious to. So back I go to square 1...
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    The government is making up false memories and implanting them in our minds.
    Which government?
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Kael, awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    Which government?
    Oh gods, they got you too.

They want you to think there is more than one government, see, but there isn't! It's all a giant computer and its subsidiaries! They are taking over everything!
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

I'm kind of like Fred, in that I don't take many risks. It may be partly because of fear of failure, but I think it's more because of a lack of effort on my part. I'm the kind of guy who gets straight As in school without putting in much work or effort, and I guess that kind of mindset just carried over into the rest of my life. Only with less spectacular results. I basically just coast through life without doing anything meaningful.

Or maybe I'm just an angsty teenager. Woo!

By the way, Matzah brei + syrup = good.

So Passover is good for something.
    Last edited by Sneak; 2009-04-12 at 08:46 AM.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ettin in the Playground

They want you to think there is more than one government, see, but there isn't! It's all a giant computer and its subsidiaries! They are taking over everything!
    *Pulls out a Walkie-Talkie*
    He knows too much, eliminate him
    The assassins will be with you shortly.

@Sneak: I on the other hand work hard for my grades. Mainly because I have always been told that potential and talent are nothing if you don't use them correctly. Which involves hard work and years of suffering.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-04-12 at 08:47 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

21. - Top - End - #321

The government is making up false memories and implanting them in our minds.
    Easy enough to do (mp3 podcast, Sleek Geeks again, 4:20 in).

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

You're wrong at two things.

1) It's not a giant computer, rather it's a huge cloud computing network that gets more powerful every day, every single day. It monitors everything you do, it's got eyes and ears everywhere, every single byte sent over the internet is read by it.

2) It's not the true power, as it's utterly and completely loyal to me.
    ٩๏̯͡๏

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

It's all a giant computer and its subsidiaries!
    You and Ina are wrong.
    I'm not a computer.
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

You and Ina are wrong.
    I'm not a computer.
    Well, but you're not in power, luv.
    ٩๏̯͡๏

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

You and Ina are wrong.
    I'm not a computer.
    Yeah, it's obvious that Kaelaroth is a mouse. After all, they are the most intelligent beings on this planet.
    (Flattery may not do much, but a sprinkle here and there doesn't hurt)
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

To be honest, neither are you.

It's a giant computer! In the moon! Built by Jupiterians!
    I use black for sarcasm.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

To be honest, neither are you.

It's a giant computer! In the moon! Built by Jupiterians!
    That's just what I want you to believe.
    ٩๏̯͡๏

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

There's no reason to be in power when you are power.
    *is promptly used by various nuclear-weapon wielding folk*
    Whee, to be luv-ved.
    *acknowledges Fred's compliment*
    You shall now die slightly later than previously decided.
    Last edited by Kaelaroth; 2009-04-12 at 08:54 AM.
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

That's just what I want you to believe.
    That's what the computer wants you to think, so you can deflect suspicion from its greater designs.
    I use black for sarcasm.

30. - Top - End - #330

Yeah, it's obvious that Kaelaroth is a mouse. After all, they are the most intelligent beings on this planet.
    (Flattery may not do much, but a sprinkle here and there doesn't hurt)
    Mice are not, as is commonly assumed on Earth, small white squeaking animals who spend a lot of time being experimented on.

In fact, they are the protrusions into our dimension of hyper-intellegent pan-dimensional beings. These beings are in fact responsible for the creation of the Earth.

The whole business with the cheese and the squeaking is just a front.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/guide/mice.shtml