New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Farmer Felix's Fantastic FRandom FBanter #119 (may contain traces of fnuts)

Man, Jack.

That is AWESOME!

Where did you find that?

Also, in other news, I finally caved and made a last.fm account. We'll see how that goes.

And in MORE other news (yes, different from that last other news), the Green Apple Festival is this Sunday. Which means free Flaming Lips! Never even heard of the other bands, though.

Still, awesome.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Farmer Felix's Fantastic FRandom FBanter #119 (may contain traces of fnuts)

It was on Popular Science's site.

Also, this guy has a book out called Mad Science: Experiments you can do at home - but probably shouldn't. Which means that I know what book I need to start bugging people about, what with my B-day right around the corner and all

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't really dream much anymore. All I see is darkness, but when I was younger, I had nightmare regarding cookie monster (no offense DD). It was probably the sight of him eating a sign which scared me. Those dreams ended by slaying the creature.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

4. - Top - End - #754
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Does anyone here use the iTunes store (or are not against using it)?

There's a free song available in their "Single of the Week" offering called Heart by Bertie Blackman. It's actually pretty good, especially so for a free song. Worth checking out.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

5. - Top - End - #755
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Squat View Post
    It was on Popular Science's site.

Also, this guy has a book out called Mad Science: Experiments you can do at home - but probably shouldn't. Which means that I know what book I need to start bugging people about, what with my B-day right around the corner and all
    Ah, yes, the birthday buggin'.

And now I have the song Buggin' stuck in my head...

@Rawhide:

I use iTunes...but the single of the week right now is actually Ain't No Rest for the Wicked by Cage the Elephant.

I even searched for Bertie Blackman, and no song called "Heart" by him is even listed on the iTunes store.

Thanks for the heads up, though.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    @Rawhide:

I use iTunes...but the single of the week right now is actually Ain't No Rest for the Wicked by Cage the Elephant.

I even searched for Bertie Blackman, and no song called "Heart" by him is even listed on the iTunes store.

Thanks for the heads up, though.
    Hmm, it's definitely Heart by Bertie Blackman here. I guess there's a different single for different regions. (P.S. Bertie is a she.) Her album and singles are all showing up in the iTunes store for me.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

7. - Top - End - #757
    Bugbear in the Playground

For me, the iTunes single of the week is One Track Mind by Classified.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Oh hails yes, Chocolate Hammer is back up with a triple post for the wait.

I've launched the intro to the next Vatsy and Bruno. I'm real excited with where this series is going.

Also: why do I have the song Combine Harvester stuck in my head?
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

Cause the song is catchy and has a tendency to stick like a bad virus and... OH DEAR GOD! IT'S IN MY HEAD AND WON'T GO AWAY!!
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2009-04-16 at 10:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Cause the song is catchy and has a tendency to stick like a bad virus and... OH DEAR GOD! IT'S IN MY HEAD AND WON'T GO AWAY!!
    I know how to stop certain songs from sticking in one's head. Unfortunately, it causes different songs to get stuck in one's head.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

11. - Top - End - #761
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Achievement Unlocked!

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

What are those achievemnts I keep seeing?
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

13. - Top - End - #763
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

That one, in particular, is from Left 4 Dead.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #764
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    I know how to stop certain songs from sticking in one's head. Unfortunately, it causes different songs to get stuck in one's head.
    That's the problem. There's no way to just get a song out of your head. Although I find just stopping and listening to it gets rid of it somewhat.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

Ď usually like the songs that get stucked in my head, but when an awfl song manages o get inside... I try just think about something else, something distracting, like TV noise.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coplantor View Post
    Ď usually like the songs that get stucked in my head, but when an awfl song manages o get inside... I try just think about something else, something distracting, like TV noise.
    Nothing upon which I can comment in the actual post. I just wanted to point out Coplantor's spectacular use of ümlaut on his lettering there.

Also, I can't wait for summer. School is compressing my lungs into tiny raisins made of fury.
    Last edited by Phase; 2009-04-17 at 02:33 AM.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    That's the problem. There's no way to just get a song out of your head. Although I find just stopping and listening to it gets rid of it somewhat.
    Irish Drinking Songs, my friend. Guaranteed to chase any other songs out of your head. Effectiveness increased when combined with large quantities of various alcoholic beverages.

At least, that works for me...
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm... I haven't had any songs stuck in my head recently. Also, I watched The Unborn last night. The movie didn't scare me, because whenever something scary happened, and everyone around me was freaking out ('twas a birthday party), I was there analysing archetypal elements in the movie, and how the suspense was created.

But then when I got home and was falling asleep, I had to keep turning on the lights.
    This avatar by Phase.

19. - Top - End - #769

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The easiest way is listening to a simple and catchy bass-line or playing it yourself. Or play just about any instrument.

Though it led to me having Satisfaction played by a sax stuck in my head (the sax plays mostly the intro guitar line, then Jagger's singing).

-----------

Why is it the only kind of precipitation we seem to get at the moment is hail?

20. - Top - End - #770
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Personally, I find humming/whistling/singing Manah-manah from the muppets is a great way to clear my head of other songs...

Doo doo dododo... dododod odoo...etc etc. etc. Chargin-a my attack... '

Also apparently I'm a steve-jobs-level-white empiricist according to Fbook.

I didn't know Steve Jobs was a skin tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

Woohoo, I broke the system.

Well partially. I got myself a application in the course I wanted to do second most at that college. The Media Design International Course.(Which is basically the Media Design course but EVERYTHING is in english.)

Also, did I mention that I get to do the first two steps of application at once?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

BAHAHAHA! TAKE THAT, EVETS! I'M IN MY NEW HOUSE!

It's awesome. But there's no electricity, so taking pics would be kind of pointless. The good thing is, I am completely safe and no long need to worry about spending long nights out on the streets.

...It... kind of lacks ambience at the moment. I've got some candles up to compensate for the lack of electricity, and theres a mirror or two around and a plain white table, but outside of that and a few of my meagre possessions (a jacket, a blanket, my latop, etc), It's skull empty.

That'll all change on Sunday though, when all my roomates stuff gets moved up - and then my own stuff a few days later! I'm looking forward to having a fridge most of all, since till then it's crackers and fruit for me!

Yaaay! It's awesome!
    Live, Laugh, Learn, Love,
    and Look both ways
    when you cross the street

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post

It's awesome. But there's no electricity, so taking pics would be kind of pointless. The good thing is, I am completely safe and no long need to worry about spending long nights out on the streets.

...It... kind of lacks ambience at the moment. I've got some candles up to compensate for the lack of electricity, and theres a mirror or two around and a plain white table, but outside of that and a few of my meagre possessions (a jacket, a blanket, my latop, etc), It's skull empty.

That'll all change on Sunday though, when all my roomates stuff gets moved up - and then my own stuff a few days later! I'm looking forward to having a fridge most of all, since till then it's crackers and fruit for me!

Yaaay! It's awesome!
    Congratulations Felix on your new house.
    Congratulations DD on breaking the system. Stick it to the man!
    *Hi-fives all around*
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

24. - Top - End - #774

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DD the Cookiemonster View Post
    Woohoo, I broke the system.
    Broke? how? In what way?

Felix: Glad you can feel safe at night again.

...In other news, I was just wearing all four of my non-baseball cap/chef's hats on top of one another. My touring cap, my green chinese mao hat, my USSR mario-style hat, and my Corduroy fedora (which I got for becoming a man)
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #775

Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Yay! *much happiness ensues*
    My preferred pronouns: they, them, their

When I speak I'll cross my fingers
    Will you know you've been deceived?
    I find the need to be a demon
    A demon cannot be hurt

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    ...In other news, I was just wearing all four of my non-baseball cap/chef's hats on top of one another. My touring cap, my green chinese mao hat, my USSR mario-style hat, and my Corduroy fedora (which I got for becoming a man)
    Woah, that sounds cool. Although the Fedora on its own would be cool.
    Well, after a few days of sunshine, I'm finally getting the rain that always follows where I live. Ah well, all the more reason to stay inside where I can talk to you people.
    *Insert happy dance here*
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

27. - Top - End - #777

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Woah, that sounds cool. Although the Fedora on its own would be cool.
    Well, after a few days of sunshine, I'm finally getting the rain that always follows where I live. Ah well, all the more reason to stay inside where I can talk to you people.
    *Insert happy dance here*
    ...Now I'm reminded of the Buffy musical episode and how I need to learn to dance tap and soft-shoe...

I wonder if I can negotiate my tap-dancing friend into giving me a crash course in the basest of basics...

The fedora is still pretty nice, though it's getting a bit crushed around the edges and has finally lost all of its interior, sewn-in tags. I generally prefer the touring cap for on computer use due to being able to get headphones on top of it and down onto my ears.

Fedora, not so much... and goes better with when my trench coat and scarf are slightly billowy in the wind and I strike a dashing pose.

Makes a good face covering for nappy times though. Learned that trick from me grand pappy.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-04-17 at 06:08 AM.
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks guys

Though I gotta say, it almost feels weird without having fifteen foreign counterparts surround me in bunk beds... might have to open up a hostel in my living room to compensate.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!
    Live, Laugh, Learn, Love,
    and Look both ways
    when you cross the street

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ettin in the Playground

...Now I'm reminded of the Buffy musical episode and how I need to learn to dance tap and soft-shoe...

I wonder if I can negotiate my tap-dancing friend into giving me a crash course in the basest of basics...

The fedora is still pretty nice, though it's getting a bit crushed around the edges and has finally lost all of its interior, sewn-in tags. I generally prefer the touring cap for on computer use due to being able to get headphones on top of it and down onto my ears.

Fedora, not so much... and goes better with when my trench coat and scarf are slightly billowy in the wind and I strike a dashing pose.

Makes a good face covering for nappy times though. Learned that trick from me grand pappy.
    My sister knows how to tap dance (She also knows Ballet). Maybe she could teach you something.
    If you're willing to be taught by a twelve year old.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ettin in the Playground

This is how I look very time I wear a trench coat.