New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Erfworld 153 - tBfGK - 140

Quote Originally Posted by Decius View Post
    Perhaps Rand are used for the purchase of Mawijuana?

They don't call it the 'Magic Weed' for nothing.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chefsotero View Post
    Indeed I cannot say that ur reasonning is incorect, I'm just using Sotero's Razor here
    Came up with another idea. Perhaps any non-caster crossing through the portal would be considered Disobedient of their Ruler, in which case it's not the portal itself that disbands the unit, but Disobedience. Or...

Okay, I think I'm getting something here. Let's posit a pair of casters, Alpha Caster in Nation A and Beta Caster in Nation B. A is attacking B. Ruler B is worried that Beta, who was a captured caster and loyalty is low, might be going to the Magic Kingdom to give Alpha information concerning B's units. Ruler B has a vested interest in that Portal being guarded. Heavily. But, it would be better for him if there was a consequence for any unit that goes to the MK without orders.

That's why Maggie, Wanda, and Sizemore didn't jump through the Portal earlier without orders. If they jumped through without orders, they'd be disbanded. That would come with a reputation. If ordered through, they'd be seen to be on a Side, then the Side ends and they go barbarian in MK, with no stigma.

Okay, I'm happier with that now. The Portal disbands to prevent spying. Parson, without orders, should have been disbanded, while the linked Three had orders, so they wouldn't.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kreistor View Post
    Okay, I'm happier with that now. The Portal disbands to prevent spying. Parson, without orders, should have been disbanded, while the linked Three had orders, so they wouldn't.
    That's interesting. I would personally just put a padlock on the portal, or anyother mechanism that turn on and off the portal acording to the side ruler's will. But that may be unfeaseble or simple not as interesting as seeing an rebel unit blow to bits when the try to double cross u.

But Parson was the chief warlord/acting comander of GK so he should be free to take this kind of action w/out some order, given that lowiallity is stronger with him. If u can't trust even your chief warlord either u r booped in the boop or u r an character in the dune universe.
    *remember, english is not my mother language, heck, it's not even my aunt language, well maybe my 3rd degree cousin language

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
    Douglas Adams

4. - Top - End - #334
    Barbarian in the Playground

There are almost too many potential explanations to even list for why a "caster sensor" could have failed to detect Parson as a non-caster.
    Quo vadis?

5. - Top - End - #335
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDan View Post
    There are almost too many potential explanations to even list for why a "caster sensor" could have failed to detect Parson as a non-caster.
    Sure. But how many reasons for them can you come up with that actually make any sense.

Look at the Warlord summoning spell. What defects did it have? Unintended results? It was poorly cast by a non-Lookamancer, and even then, the spell compensated for the screw up by providing items to recover lost, but necessary, abilities. That's a very well thought out spell.

If the Portal disbands some people that pass through, then that is not an accident. It's the reason why it does it that is important, not how.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kreistor View Post
    Sure. But how many reasons for them can you come up with that actually make any sense.
    Clearly the answer lies in his Luckamancy Charms - they're always after them so he can use the magic to escape from the crazy kids to wherever he wants.

Then again, Parson's a little big to make a good leprechaun.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Personally, after catching up on my reading and getting to this page, I felt I had to comment. I don't think that she is lying. I think that Parson is in fact a Hippiemancer, in this situation. He is trying to defuse the situation and make peace, if only to save himself. I believe that his "special" attribute means that he can take on any job depending on the situation, just as we do in reality. Of course, this is all conjecture and I am interested to see the outcome of this.