New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

Bonus points to anyone who can find a picture of my intended character somewhere on the forum. (This only displays one half of a trait).

Also, no cheating and using the "Find Latest Posts" search.
    Last edited by Wreckingrocc; 2009-05-02 at 12:21 AM.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

New comic coming in a minute...i've played on a horror movie feel, with X2 being the bimbo who doesn't know when not to say a phrase that is sure to doom the whole group.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dresdor View Post
    New comic coming in a minute...i've played on a horror movie feel, with X2 being the bimbo who doesn't know when not to say a phrase that is sure to doom the whole group.
    Curses!

Also, why is he so huge!? Trace around my model why don't you?

4. - Top - End - #304
    Orc in the Playground

I'm intentionally drawing Lynn smaller than X2. Comparing your comics and mine, he's only slightly larger (compared to Brain)

5. - Top - End - #305
    Bugbear in the Playground

Stop having this argument, neither of you will ever win![/Character Hint]
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Orc in the Playground

I will win because....

I can suck out his soul?

7. - Top - End - #307
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yeah, focus on the catgirl in the bikini, not this petty squabble.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Yeah, focus on the catgirl in the bikini, not this petty squabble.
    You don't mind if I rip you off and actually answer the questions? You ninja'd me, the comic is almost done.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

TJH Comic Up. You guys can still fight the spooks, this is just a little hint at what's to come and an excuse to show off my new designs. So yeah, you don't have to react to it yet. The Dumbo Guns are setting up quite aways down the corrider, perhaps around a corner or something. The Enforcer Squad is also hiding around a corner, waiting to hear the heroes pass by before moving out.

It should be noted that most Machinist commanders have some sort of Personal Enforcer Squads. The commander in question picks their equipment and orders their training. Xavik, when designating his, decided on More Dakka.

Edit: More Dakka and Sunglasses. Only Xavik and his personal troops are cool enough to wear sunglasses.
    Last edited by BRC; 2009-05-02 at 12:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

10. - Top - End - #310

I said "mail call" at 12:43. You answered Memnarch's questions at 12:00. Memnarch posted the questions in between those two times.

Memnarch asked them for me to answer. Thus, I didn't ninja you in saying I'd do them.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Banned

I said "mail call" at 12:43. You answered Memnarch's questions at 12:00. Memnarch posted the questions in between those two times.

Memnarch asked them for me to answer. Thus, I didn't ninja you in saying I'd do them.
    I've been writing this thing since yesterday.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    TJH Comic Up. You guys can still fight the spooks, this is just a little hint at what's to come and an excuse to show off my new designs. So yeah, you don't have to react to it yet. The Dumbo Guns are setting up quite aways down the corrider, perhaps around a corner or something. The Enforcer Squad is also hiding around a corner, waiting to hear the heroes pass by before moving out.

It should be noted that most Machinist commanders have some sort of Personal Enforcer Squads. The commander in question picks their equipment and orders their training. Xavik, when designating his, decided on More Dakka.

Edit: More Dakka and Sunglasses. Only Xavik and his personal troops are cool enough to wear sunglasses.
    More Dakka indeed. And with my specially prepared spear destroyed, Lynn will have to come up with something else...

Either Brain or X2 is gonna be a human (or human brain) shield.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dresdor View Post
    More Dakka indeed. And with my specially prepared spear destroyed, Lynn will have to come up with something else...

Either Brain or X2 is gonna be a human (or human brain) shield.
    Not X2. He takes hits like a school girl. And is pretty dyamn powerful (what with getting all his powers off a an evil demon) so you try and he'll have no qualms with disintergrating both the arms you tried to meat shield him with.

And he takes hits like a school girl. But I mentioned that already. Use Brain, he's a big frickin' suit of armor!

14. - Top - End - #314
    Orc in the Playground

I have an idea that may help...however it requires a great deal of exposition, split-second timing, distraction, and probably is doomed to fail.

In other words, just like every other plot idea for ABR.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Banned

care to share said idea?

16. - Top - End - #316

Hey! I never said you could copy me before I had the idea to actually ask for mail questions? You know, this means war...

Posted something in the art thread.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Banned

Hey! I never said you could copy me before I had the idea to actually ask for mail questions? You know, this means war...

Posted something in the art thread.
    I should say something like "curses!" or something. But that was too funny not to laugh at!

How was mine by the way?

18. - Top - End - #318

Pretty good. One thing I've noticed with several new artists is that they tend to have very static characters. You seem to avoid this with expressions and body language.

And the humour was decent, maybe because I hate everything about X2's personality, but I think your supposed to. So in that case, good job all around!

19. - Top - End - #319
    Banned

Pretty good. One thing I've noticed with several new artists is that they tend to have very static characters. You seem to avoid this with expressions and body language.

And the humour was decent, maybe because I hate everything about X2's personality, but I think your supposed to. So in that case, good job all around!
    Success!

Now I've written too many comics today. No more until tomorrow!

20. - Top - End - #320

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    Success!
    I still like mine better.

Not biased at all.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Banned

I still like mine better.

Not biased at all.
    Of course not.

At least mine actually answered some questions.

22. - Top - End - #322

At least mine had bikini-clad catgirls!

And falling out of the ceiling seems to be a conflict, a way of entering, AND what life is like in the base. At least for Digger Deb that is.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Banned

At least mine had bikini-clad catgirls!

And falling out of the ceiling seems to be a conflict, a way of entering, AND what life is like in the base. At least for Digger Deb that is.
    Speaking of which... she hasn't done much in the comic.

24. - Top - End - #324

That happens when the internet is busted on your art computer. That is why I'm using my laptop, with a recent download of inskscape.

It takes me 2x as long, as I have no PageUp or PageDown keys, and no mouse.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Banned

That happens when the internet is busted on your art computer. That is why I'm using my laptop, with a recent download of inskscape.

It takes me 2x as long, as I have no PageUp or PageDown keys, and no mouse.
    Ouch...

Tough luck.

26. - Top - End - #326

I find it a bit silly to say no to more field members, as Falgorn already has two characters on the field team.

Just saying.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Banned

I find it a bit silly to say no to more field members, as Falgorn already has two characters on the field team.

Just saying.
    At that point I really didn't think anyone would care about joining my crappy plot.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

At that point I really didn't think anyone would care about joining my crappy plot.
    Who told you it was crappy!! I'm gonna mountain stomp them till they apology (then I'm going to the desert to play Imotep)

Also: Do anyone have objections against me making a character based on an El Goonish Shive character? (which reminds me, Has there ever been an open D-jump portal before Xartyve?)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Who told you it was crappy!! I'm gonna mountain stomp them till they apology (then I'm going to the desert to play Imotep)

Also: Do anyone have objections against me making a character based on an El Goonish Shive character? (which reminds me, Has there ever been an open D-jump portal before Xartyve?)
    No... but this is about the fifteenth time the group has jumped.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

No... but this is about the fifteenth time the group has jumped.
    Whoops! I meant: "before, Xartyve?" (as in asking you about if there had been any D-jumps before the current one)

Then I'll have Moss (and all geodians, which I just decided are really few) and his daughter my new character be from one of those previous fifteen worlds (maybe the third?)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.