New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Banned

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    In Metal Gear Solid, Snake communicates primarily through lengthy Codec-communication with his superiors and other characters. In the first game and most of the second, the primary superior was colonel campbell, refferred to simply as "Colonel!".
    Oh yeah! I knew it sounded familiar!

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    Oh yeah! I knew it sounded familiar!
    Would also give you guys the ability to interact with home base ("Don't abuse the codec, or I'll start ignoring you!") and ask for tips from the different departments. Run across something scientific "That's the Plot Device, Xartyve2. Be careful to stay away from its MacGuffin!" etc.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Would also give you guys the ability to interact with home base ("Don't abuse the codec, or I'll start ignoring you!") and ask for tips from the different departments. Run across something scientific "That's the Plot Device, Xartyve2. Be careful to stay away from its MacGuffin!" etc.
    Nah, that's too easy I'm afraid. But that can be an overarching plot, trying to get inter-universal communication.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Bugbear in the Playground

I thought about using codec too, as I´m making new character for home base which will be fairy dependant on it.....I´m not teling you more now
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #515
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    I thought about using codec too, as I´m making new character for home base which will be fairy dependant on it.....I´m not teling you more now
    Please be an engineer, we need some of those.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

Please be an engineer, we need some of those.
    Need a Dispenser here!
    Need a Dispenser here!
    Need a Dispenser here!

7. - Top - End - #517
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Need a Dispenser here!
    Need a Dispenser here!
    Need a Dispenser here!

I am very confused.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Colossus in the Playground

I am very confused.
    Spy sappin' mah sanity!
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    *stuff*
    Yeah. You're right.

See, I don't have a lot of time on my hands recently. I made that comic just so Shadesworth isn't a forgotten character and is a main character in the action, but I didn't want to have to make many comics explaining how he got to the castle unshot, how he found them (which is coincedence) and showing him infiltrate the castle, all taking more then one comic long. And I made this one in a rush.

So I'm sorry. It's non-canon.

If it helps, I can pretty much work even with Qs comic. I think I just asked for not involving dumbo guns scene which he did.......so no problem with me
    YAY! Now it's NOT Non-canon!

Quote Originally Posted by dresdor View Post
    I object for 2 reasons to the_Q's comic..

1. Lynn would never be intentionally in the front line (there's a reason she's staying between the big robot-suited Brain and X2)

2. She'd never admit they're done for. She has to take care of X2's ego after all (and encourage him to attack so she can conveniently escape while the enemy is distracted).
    How the heck am I supposed to know that?! Your character isn't very well developed yet!

This changes nothing!
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #520
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    My counter point for all of those is: Giant Super-Powered Boxing Glove.

But whatever you say, Mad Mask.
    You know that post completely contradicts itself.
    You related BRC to mad mask because he was taking control and in your eyes 'God-modding', However you answer to all of his questions was super powered boxing glove, and correct me if i'm wrong but a boxing glove that can defeat any bad guy and do anything you want is sort of god-modding.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    *vows never to be a jerk again*
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Yeah. You're right.

See, I don't have a lot of time on my hands recently. I made that comic just so Shadesworth isn't a forgotten character and is a main character in the action, but I didn't want to have to make many comics explaining how he got to the castle unshot, how he found them (which is coincedence) and showing him infiltrate the castle, all taking more then one comic long. And I made this one in a rush.

So I'm sorry. It's non-canon.

YAY! Now it's NOT Non-canon!

How the heck am I supposed to know that?! Your character isn't very well developed yet!

This changes nothing!
    Wait, so whats' going on? Are we doing my suggestion that we just remove the last panel, and imply Shadesworth snuck in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

12. - Top - End - #522

Well, all of you still want to be inside the fortress while Xavik shows up, so I´m just going to ignore the last panel (though I really dont need to) and do what I planned after shadesworth beaten all of the enforcers.....I already have plan for this situation (certainly better one than before)

By the way, I rather find a ways how to make comic canon than non-canon, even if its not exactly what we agreed to. We still can work with it, cant we?...try the same, or we end up like FFF with one update every two weeks...
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-05-04 at 07:55 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Okay. So Shadesworth dropped the entire enforcer squad with one punch. I can work with that, though expect me to mock it mercilessly.

Xavik: "How did he take out an ENTIRE SQUAD of enforcers with one punch?"
    Other Guy: "He had some very impressive adjectives, like "Super""
    Xavik: *Facepalm*
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    seriously, get on with it.
    You realise the last comic inside the fortress was you saying "I have a plan that just might work...", don't you? It was just before your non-canon "shoot 'em all" panel, but I had presumed that Rand had actually said that, and was waiting for you to elaborate.

Okay, Lawrence calling Tjal Private in my last comic got me thinking, I think we all need a rank. So any objections to this heirachy? From highest to lowest (although Civilian is a special case)

Major - Only X2, Brain and Damien (being the founders and all)
    Colonel - Katya and Skimmer (yay for gender equality. Well Katya gets in so high for being Home Base's caretaker)
    Lieutenant - Moss Agat, Falgorn (yep)
    Commander - Shadesworth, Lawrence, Digger Deb (lowest command rank)
    Private - Tjal, Howl, Albino
    Cadet - Redshirts and security guards (NPCs exclusively, lowest official rank)
    Civilian - Chang, Grafty, Lynn, Socks (either the best or the worst. Example: Chang and Grafty being rich investors get a lot of power in Home Base whereas Lynn and Socks being outsiders get fairly low privilidges)
    Yeah, no offence, but you obviously have no idea what the various military ranks mean. Using the ranks you chose, the list would look like this:
    Colonel - Katya and Skimmer
    [Commander - Shadesworth, Lawrence, Digger Deb]
    Major - X2, Brain and Damien
    Lieutenant - Moss Agat, Falgorn
    Cadet - Redshirts and security guards
    Private - Tjal, Howl, Albino
    Commander is in [] because it's a Naval rank, while the others are Army ranks. And for the purpose of the chart, I took cadet to mean officer cadet, instead of "member of the cadet forces".

I suggest you use these ranks:
    {table=head]Rank|Characters
    Major|X2, Brain, Damien
    Captain|Katya, Skimmer
    Lieutenant|Moss Agat, Falgorn
    Second Lieutenant|Shadesworth, Lawrence, Digger Deb
    |[Warrant Officers and NCOs (lance corporal, corporals, sergeants, etc.) go here]
    Private|Tjal, Howl, Albino, Redshirts, security guards[/table]
    The only problem I can see with this one is that it leave no room for more ranks to be "squeezed in" as it were, you'd need to reshuffle the whole structure up a rank.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Firbolg in the Playground

Digger Deb is an engineer. She digs. And builds. And... digs.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Digger Deb is an engineer. She digs. And builds. And... digs.
    She also provides valuable cat-girl bikini fanservice.

17. - Top - End - #527

Imp

Here's a schematic for ya: MY ASS!
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post
    Here's a schematic for ya: MY ASS!
    I fail to see the connection between a schematic and the rear end of a robot dog
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Orc in the Playground

Now for something completely different:

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    I fail to see the connection between a schematic and the rear end of a robot dog
    A schematic is a diagram which uses symbols rather than realistic pictures, such as a circuit diagram. The workings of a robotic posterior would usually be represented by a schematic rather than, say, a photograph.

Quote Originally Posted by dresdor View Post
    She also provides valuable cat-girl bikini fanservice.
    Hey! She's not the only catgirl character in ABR, you know! I've been drawing bikini clad catgirls for over a year! ...I've just been rather lazy lately.

And Dresdor, if you use the Union tool on the speech bubble (select both, then press Crtl+Shift+= or Crtl++) it will apply the same line thickness to both, and get rid of the little bit of the tail that intrudes on the oval. I'd also advise you to grab female cast member from the comic and trace the body shape, and the female torso is difficult to get just right.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Orc in the Playground

Finally someone commenting on how I do something other than hair poorly :-p

I didn't expect the bikini pic to be very good, all my comic files and template sheets are on my other computer (am on my laptop at school now). Thanks for the advice on speech bubbles, though, the little buggers tick me off sometimes lol.

22. - Top - End - #532

Imp

Here's something you should've built: a not-dyin' machine!
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Then don't look close.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes Mechafox, we get it, you like the Scout.

And -skimmer- could you try exporting comics as a single image, rather than as separate panels? It's going to play merry hell with the archive, when it gets made.

24. - Top - End - #534

Sooo... Does anyone have questions for Digger Deb? I'm feeling another hit of boredom coming along....

25. - Top - End - #535

I tried to few times, but when I have too much things on the screen (like 2-3 panels together), inscape just freeze or work extremely slow
    So I must work on each panel separately....besides, photobucket work better with separate images as well.

If anyone knows how to fix it, just let me know. I personaly blame my wooden PC...
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

Sooo... Does anyone have questions for Digger Deb? I'm feeling another hit of boredom coming along....
    What exactly is her story?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

1. Will Spiral Energy come up in The Journey Home?
    2. What does mole-pig taste like?
    3. What the heck was the deal with the prologue at the start of episode 1? When is it meant to have happened, if at all?
    4. Why did Kamina show no signs of being capable of manipulating Spiral Energy?

If anyone knows how to fix it, just let me know. I personaly blame my wooden PC...
    Sounds like a case of low RAM to me. I'd recommend either not using as many gradient/blur effects, or just importing the finished panels into a new file and re-exporting as a large image.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post
    Here's something you should've built: a not-dyin' machine!
    dakkadakkadakkadakkadakkadakka

Ah told ya not to touch that darn thing

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Okay. So Shadesworth dropped the entire enforcer squad with one punch. I can work with that, though expect me to mock it mercilessly.

Xavik: "How did he take out an ENTIRE SQUAD of enforcers with one punch?"
    Other Guy: "He had some very impressive adjectives, like "Super""
    Xavik: *Facepalm*
    Fair enough. I applaud your maturity and tolerence for my bullsh*t.

*bows*
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-05-04 at 02:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #540

Imp

A lot of good that hard hat did ya! Don't bring a wrench to a gunfight!
    Show
    Then don't look close.