New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    There's something really weird about her hair
    That she has antenna due to the presence of Uryuom DNA, which also gives her shapeshifting abilities?
    Or were you referring to something else?

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post
    A lot of good that hard hat did ya! Don't bring a wrench to a gunfight!
    I'm gonna wipe that dumb look right off your stupid face.

Maybe we should stop now.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    That she has antenna due to the presence of Uryuom DNA, which also gives her shapeshifting abilities?
    Or were you referring to something else?
    Uryuom? Shapeshifting? I dumped those ideas long ago, but you're right about the antenna thing (but missed the thing about a teenager with white hair, I at least consider that odd) I just love those things Nice guess though.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    I'm gonna wipe that dumb look right off your stupid face.

Maybe we should stop now.

MMMPH! MMMPH MMPH MMMPH!

5. - Top - End - #545
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Just to be sure.

Skimmer and Falgorn pop up under the dumbo guns, take out the operators, and strip off the side-sheilds, then they pop up with the rest of the heroes, with skimmer dual- wielding Dumbo Guns...

Alright, I got some templates to make. And don't be surprised if I hit you with some Reality Ensues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

6. - Top - End - #546
    Banned

Yeah, no offence, but you obviously have no idea what the various military ranks mean.
    Yeah that's right. But realism is for suckers, I'm just trying to make the rank ladder look cool. Kinda like what Star Trek did with their rank ladder.

Ooh! I went there!

Also now that we have established canon, I now need to make a comic to preserve X2's ego. With him doing some flashy stuff! But when I get back from school!
    Last edited by X2; 2009-05-04 at 03:35 PM.

7. - Top - End - #547

Imp

I am OWNING you, you fat bald fatty fat... fat fat...
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    Yeah that's right. But realism is for suckers, I'm just trying to make the rank ladder look cool. Kinda like what Star Trek did with their rank ladder.
    I don't watch Star Trek personally, but being both pedantic and argumentative, I looked up their rank structure on Wiki, and it seems to closely follow that of the US Navy.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Banned

I don't watch Star Trek personally, but being both pedantic and argumentative, I looked up their rank structure on Wiki, and it seems to closely follow that of the US Navy.
    I don't care. I'm not changing it.

By the way, what happened to PaladinsXK did it just... crack it's head on the pavement and die suddenly what the hell?

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

By the way, what happened to PaladinsXK did it just... crack it's head on the pavement and die suddenly what the hell?
    What did who?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    What did who?
    Never you mind! Keris knows though!

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, expect confusion, military ranks generally follow standardised patterns for a reason. Any outsider is going to wonder why the hell a Major is commanding a Colonel, and what a Commander is even doing there.

<critical computer error>
    <attempting file recovery>
    <recovery failed>
    <list options? Y/N>
    <listing options:>
    <none>
    <please insert universe for reboot>

It didn't so much die as self destruct, taking out a small town in a blaze of glory. Took my motivation with it, but you never know, I may find a necromancer who isn't prohibitively expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    MAIL TIME!
    Explanation for Question 3: You've watched TTGL, correct? Well, back in Episode 1 (you may want to watch it again, if you have it on disk), right at the start, before we get introduced to Simon through his digging, we get a sky full of explosions followed by a sequence apparently on the Cathedral Terra, which has no explanation anywhere I've looked.
    Post-time skip Simon is in command, and he orders Gurren Lagann to "spin on", as well as an adult version of human Boota, who orders the "Maelstrom cannon" to be readied, and several other members of the bridge crew from the Dai-Gurren are heard, but not seen.

13. - Top - End - #553

I don't remember it, then again I (sin of all sis) watched the english dub rather than the subs. I'll go check it out.

EDIT: And didn't everyone use Spiral Power every time they piloted a Ganmen? It takes spiral energy to use one, thus Kamina did use spiral energy.

EDIT:EDIT: I checked it out, don't see why it couldn't have happened. Weird though...
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2009-05-04 at 04:28 PM.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't remember it, then again I (sin of all sis) watched the english dub rather than the subs. I'll go check it out.
    You have confessed, and are forgiven. Just don't do it again.

EDIT: And didn't everyone use Spiral Power every time they piloted a Ganmen? It takes spiral energy to use one, thus Kamina did use spiral energy.
    No, the Ganmen also run on electricity, usually solar power. That's why they only attack during the day, and the Hot Springs Ganmen used Geothermal Energy and a battery in order to run at night. Lagann doesn't seem to have an electrical power source, which is why it shuts down when Simon's output of Spiral Energy drops.

EDIT:EDIT: I checked it out, don't see why it couldn't have happened. Weird though...
    But when did it happen? Boota was only humanoid for a couple of minutes, and has reverted back by the final episode.

15. - Top - End - #555

Spiral Power.

There, that's your answer, Spiral Power.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Banned

Okay Keris fine. Rearrange them but do not change any of them. I have to include Commander because it's what Q as well as myself wants.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Barbarian in the Playground

So who's going to make the next TJH comic?

Also, being high-ranked is awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post

It sounds like Xarty is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

19. - Top - End - #559

Imp

You have confessed, and are forgiven. Just don't do it again.
    Oh, pshaw. There was nothing wrong with the TTGL dub.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Banned

Me.

Yes it is.

21. - Top - End - #561

I love how pshaw is a word according to Firefox.

Regardless, making a canon home base comic. Now, who on home base is the most likely to run around causing random mischief?

22. - Top - End - #562
    Troll in the Playground

Okay Keris fine. Rearrange them but do not change any of them. I have to include Commander because it's what Q as well as myself wants.
    Well, Shadesworth is technically an ex-commander of the Shades, not nearly Thresshades level of control but still a slight bit of command due to his mutation (if I'm allowed to do that and Threeshades has no objection to that), but he has lost that control when he Heel-Face turned and escaped.

So, he isn't a commander anymore, but he could be a commander if "Master Xartyve2" wants him to be.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ogre in the Playground

But when did it happen? Boota was only humanoid for a couple of minutes, and has reverted back by the final episode.
    It was Boota's version of the hallucination-universe-thing. There's a page about it on TVTropes, and this is the explanation that makes the most sense.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

Commander is more frequently used as more of a job description than a rank, it can refer to any officer who, well, commands. It's only an actual rank in the Navy, but Army Officers with some degree of command may be addressed as Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post
    Oh, pshaw. There was nothing wrong with the TTGL dub.
    It's the principle of the thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post
    It was Boota's version of the hallucination-universe-thing. There's a page about it on TVTropes, and this is the explanation that makes the most sense.
    Could be, but "it was a dream" just seems unfulfilling.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Banned

Commander is more frequently used as more of a job description than a rank, it can refer to any officer who, well, commands. It's only an actual rank in the Navy, but Army Officers with some degree of command may be addressed as Commander.
    Leave it be... just rearrange it.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm... should Katya randomly generate her Russian accent or should I leave it as-is? Her name is russian, so rightly she should have the avbaroy equivalent of a russian accent.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Hmm... should Katya randomly generate her Russian accent or should I leave it as-is? Her name is russian, so rightly she should have the avbaroy equivalent of a russian accent.
    Up to you. But did you see my PM?

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

Up to you. But did you see my PM?
    S'why I was asking. :P

Edit: and if you don't mind, at least the home base will have a form of codec. It cannot go across planes though.
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2009-05-05 at 03:18 AM.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    S'why I was asking. :P
    So you're rolling with that or something to that effect?

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

So you're rolling with that or something to that effect?
    I'm chosing to do less work