New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    It's great, it introduces the BBEG and sheds some light on X2.
    Sounds like it needs more Dakka

Yeah, definitely needs more Dakka.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by dresdor View Post
    Sounds like it needs more Dakka

Yeah, definitely needs more Dakka.
    Dakka. Available at retail stores now.

Ask for Jai'Ko.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

Is it sad that the only question I have about that comic is why does the gattling gun have a bayonet? Is anyone going to get that close? If they are, then more dakka is needed.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Banned

Buzza... wha?

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Needs more gothic demon chicks.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it sad that the only question I have about that comic is why does the gattling gun have a bayonet? Is anyone going to get that close? If they are, then more dakka is needed.
    Somebody takes you by surprise. The Gatling gun needs time to spin up. You don't have that time. You start spinning it, and at the same time swing the edge of the bayonet at your enemy. Then you get to start firing.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Hurt/Heal updated, and I decided how to solve the mia God-Moded person problem.
    Repost for those who didn't notice.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

Jai'Ko isn't exactly rational. Keep that in mind when contemplating why you would put a bayonet on a machine gun.

Though we are still thinking exactly what situation to put Jai'Ko in when he finally runs out of ammunition. We still don't know where he gets it from in the first place.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground

Even weapon big enough to be used as sledge hammer never stops you from having a bayonet:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

You don't understand, the bayonet is for doing CHOPPA! at the same time as DAKA!.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    You don't understand, the bayonet is for doing CHOPPA! at the same time as DAKA!.
    That's what I'm trying to say
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Banned

I'm waiting for Keveak, Gremlin, Falgorn and Crimson to write a comic before I do.

UPDATE!!!!: Episode 2 has a bona-fide plot!
    Don't wait for me, I'll do a comic when I get around to it. My idea is that my character has pretty much disappeared. Nobody knows what happened to him.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Besides the fact that Jai'Ko is generally mounted on his motorbike, he could use the bayonet on the first row of targets, leaving more ammo to dakka the ones behind and thus preventing them from becoming the new first row.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Barbarian in the Playground

A bayonet is also useful for stealth (he probably won't use it for that though) and picking your teeth.

Also Keveak, don't call me Shirly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

Miss me?
    ____

16. - Top - End - #196
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Miss me?
    YAY! It's Crimson! Now we can get this show on the road!

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm going to let Xarty or Sinister Penguin make a comic against the Spooks before I spring more nasty things on them.

Oh yes, I've got Nastier things than Strength sapping ghost like things. And the best part is, these nasty things arn't particularrly far fetched, and make perfect sense in context.
    Last edited by BRC; 2009-05-01 at 04:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

18. - Top - End - #198
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    I'm going to let Xarty or Sinister Penguin make a comic against the Spooks before I spring more nasty things on them.
    Yeah, you've backed me into a corner here. I dont know what spells could defeat the ghosts. Brain can't use his Wizard spells because he has no hands and the soul spear has been sundered.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Yeah, you've backed me into a corner here. I dont know what spells could defeat the ghosts. Brain can't use his Wizard spells because he has no hands and the soul spear has been sundered.
    Fleeing is an option. If I remember correctly, you're in a hallway.

Also, remember what I said, Wind disperses the ghosts very well. Now, you would need to do research to KNOW that, but I'm not against Xarty panicking and casting Gust of Wind , temporarily dispersing them long enough to make a run for it.

And They arn't immune to magics that hurt the flesh, merely resistant. A good ol' blast of magical fire or lightning will still hurt them. Obviously things like poisions or Flesh To Stone won't work, but things like Magic Missle, Lightning Bolt ect will.

Edit: Are Effect stuff works best, as their main defense against phsyical things is uncondensing themselves to the consistancy of smoke, minimizing the damage. They can't do that if everything within three feet of them is engulfed in flames.
    Last edited by BRC; 2009-05-01 at 04:23 PM.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

20. - Top - End - #200
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Fleeing is an option. If I remember correctly, you're in a hallway.

Also, remember what I said, Wind disperses the ghosts very well. Now, you would need to do research to KNOW that, but I'm not against Xarty panicking and casting Gust of Wind , temporarily dispersing them long enough to make a run for it.

And They arn't immune to magics that hurt the flesh, merely resistant. A good ol' blast of magical fire or lightning will still hurt them. Obviously things like poisions or Flesh To Stone won't work, but things like Magic Missle, Lightning Bolt ect will.

Edit: Are Effect stuff works best, as their main defense against phsyical things is uncondensing themselves to the consistancy of smoke, minimizing the damage. They can't do that if everything within three feet of them is engulfed in flames.

Heres what I have decided: Xartyve2 casts Gust of Wind in panic and thinks he's defeated them, claims he knew what he was doing and the three leave the room. Then the ghosts pull a liquid terminator on us.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Heres what I have decided: Xartyve2 casts Gust of Wind in panic and thinks he's defeated them, claims he knew what he was doing and the three leave the room. Then the ghosts pull a liquid terminator on us.
    That works. After a powerful Gust, it would probably take them a minute or two to re-condense (Getting spread out like that makes it tough to focus on pulling yourself together, so re-condensing happens slowly.
    [/Center]

22. - Top - End - #202

Brain doesn't use wizard spells, he uses psionic powers, which I believe you can cast without hands. I may be wrong, though.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    Brain doesn't use wizard spells, he uses psionic powers, which I believe you can cast without hands. I may be wrong, though.
    I thought he was a Conjurer before his accident. That's why he was let in on Home Base.

24. - Top - End - #204

I thought he was a Conjurer before his accident. That's why he was let in on Home Base.
    He was, but somehow his wizard levels were all converted to psion levels when he became a brain. Or something. *shrug*
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Firbolg in the Playground

Perhaps he was a Psion (Shaper)? They can summon and create stuff.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Banned

He was, but somehow his wizard levels were all converted to psion levels when he became a brain. Or something. *shrug*
    But... you we're one of the three that could cast D-Jump. Don't worry about being OP, just bar Evocation and Necromancy and it's set.

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Perhaps he was a Psion (Shaper)? They can summon and create stuff.
    YES! Green portals... yes...
    Last edited by X2; 2009-05-01 at 04:39 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207

But... you we're one of the three that could cast D-Jump. Don't worry about being OP, just bar Evocation and Necromancy and it's set.

YES! Green portals... yes...
    So he was a Psion before and after the incident now? That could work.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Banned

So he was a Psion before and after the incident now? That could work.
    While I still prefer my idea now you have a choice. Got a coin handy?

29. - Top - End - #209

While I still prefer my idea now you have a choice. Got a coin handy?
    I'd prefer him to be a Psion, to be honest. It fits him, being a brain and all, better than a wizard.
    Last edited by SinisterPenguin; 2009-05-01 at 04:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Banned

I'd prefer him to be a Psion, to be honest. It fits him, being a brain and all, better than a wizard.
    He is a Psion but he has a few levels of Wizard: Conjurer under his belt in my idea.