New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld 155 -- tBfGK 142

Easy answer: pre-nup.

...15: Upon the dissolution of the Coalition, all mutual alliances shall be maintained for one more cycle of turns, during which troops from all Sides shall move to seperate hexes..

15.1: Conquered cities shall be assigned as follows:

15.1a: Jetstone shall retain 4 cities, or 50% of all cities, whichever is greater.

15.1b: If there are cities remaining, Uniroyal shall retain 2m or 25% of all cities, whichever is greater.

15.1c: Any remaining cities shall be allocated to the remaining Sides in order of precidence until there are none left.

15.1d: The order of precidence is as follows: Sofa King, Hobbiton....
    NOGENERATION Aleph(0): Copy this into your sig and add or subtract 1 whenever you feel like it. This is a pointless experiment.

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
    . . . . . . Dr Pepper
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4

2. - Top - End - #212
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dr pepper View Post
    Easy answer: pre-nup.

...15: Upon the dissolution of the Coalition, all mutual alliances shall be maintained for one more cycle of turns, during which troops from all Sides shall move to seperate hexes..

15.1: Conquered cities shall be assigned as follows:

15.1a: Jetstone shall retain 4 cities, or 50% of all cities, whichever is greater.

15.1b: If there are cities remaining, Uniroyal shall retain 2m or 25% of all cities, whichever is greater.

15.1c: Any remaining cities shall be allocated to the remaining Sides in order of precidence until there are none left.

15.1d: The order of precidence is as follows: Sofa King, Hobbiton....
    Easier answer: cities may be automatically allocated to whichever side's troops conquer it. If Unaroyal troops capture a city, Unaroyal gets it, etc. And, something I haven't seen mentioned yet, some of those cities may have belonged to one of the RCC's member side's before they belonged to GK. A liberated city would no doubt be returned to the control of its original owners (possibly by allowing their troops to retake it).

3. - Top - End - #213
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pointyleaf View Post
    It was said somewhere (Facebook?) by one of the authors that it is now morning, and that the night was spent in MK - thus the campfire scene.

I don't think "city" is a terrain type - typically a "terrain" is plain, hills, mountain, volcano, sea, grassland, forest, lake, river, etc.
    Depends on the game rules. City could be a terrain type of its own or act as a modifier to the existing terrain type. I guess the latter in Erfworld given that GK was considered the strongest defensive position in the world, probably thanks to a combination of walls and being on top of a mountain. There could be different levels of mountain terrain.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAngel View Post
    Easier answer: cities may be automatically allocated to whichever side's troops conquer it. If Unaroyal troops capture a city, Unaroyal gets it, etc. And, something I haven't seen mentioned yet, some of those cities may have belonged to one of the RCC's member side's before they belonged to GK. A liberated city would no doubt be returned to the control of its original owners (possibly by allowing their troops to retake it).
    It does indeed make sense that one of the conditions of the agreement was the restoration of cities to their original owners. Of course, some may have been one-city kingdoms or some may have been kingdoms that were entirely engulfed by Stanley... though I suppose an overlord or heir could have flown the coop.
    Quo vadis?

5. - Top - End - #215
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kilkrazy View Post
    Depends on the game rules. City could be a terrain type of its own or act as a modifier to the existing terrain type. I guess the latter in Erfworld given that GK was considered the strongest defensive position in the world, probably thanks to a combination of walls and being on top of a mountain. There could be different levels of mountain terrain.
    Fair enough - but if "city" is a terrain type, and cities can be destroyed or founded by mortals (like Faq), then why did Sizemore say he "modified the terrain type, like a Titan [can]"?

But I recognize that cities sites could be fixed, too, and perhaps change between "active" and "ruins". In any case, I think there is still a city here at GK, but that the underlying terrain has been changed.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Pixie in the Playground

Fair enough - but if "city" is a terrain type, and cities can be destroyed or founded by mortals (like Faq), then why did Sizemore say he "modified the terrain type, like a Titan [can]"?

But I recognize that cities sites could be fixed, too, and perhaps change between "active" and "ruins". In any case, I think there is still a city here at GK, but that the underlying terrain has been changed.
    Maybe Sizemore upgraded the mountain from level 2 to level 3, or maybe bringing the jewels to the surface modified the terrain type to mountain/mine.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Firbolg in the Playground

What about simply "changed from extinct volcano to active volcano" or even "changed from rock to flowing lava"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

He probably meant changed it from inactive to active volcano. (or hill to volcano)

9. - Top - End - #219

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJest View Post
    You're assuming "city" is a terrain type.
    It is quite often not. Cities in some or all versions of Sid's Civilization received the defensive adjustment, if any, of the terrain they were built in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    Tranyvilto is a nation of vampires, wich technically are also non-living guys. They don't seem to have any problem with controling cities that way however.

They even decay instead of being croacked, as they state in their dance-fight.
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0123.html
    When you die of "old age" in Erfworld, you decay. And when you die in combat, you decay along with the other trash the next morning. I don't think the song you linked to is indicative of the TV residents not being treated in every other way other than physical appearance and a propensity for flying warlords as any other Erfer. The games the strip is based off of often make some distinction between sides, but leave it at that, and TV would be a good way to represent that trope of the genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    Rock golems also showed to have a personality of their own as we saw with the comedian-rock golem and the golem squad wich crushed the marbits. Sure they're not the brightest guys to have a sophisticated dicussion with, but they still count as capturing units for controling cities.
    It is kinda implied that it takes a Chief Warlord to capture a city, as capturing them is specifically the reason Caesar was sent to capture the former FAQ cities. It's not made absolutely clear, but if it didn't take a Chief Warlord, they wouldn't have needed Caesar except for the fight with Stanley, and Vinny tells Jillian that her story about Stanley wasn't believed. So, if they didn't believe they would be fighting Stanley, they didn't need Ceasar, and Caesar specifically came to check out the story about the cities. It's still not an absolute, but it is strongly supported.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJimBoBob View Post
    When you die of "old age" in Erfworld, you decay. And when you die in combat, you decay along with the other trash the next morning. I don't think the song you linked to is indicative of the TV residents not being treated in every other way other than physical appearance and a propensity for flying warlords as any other Erfer. The games the strip is based off of often make some distinction between sides, but leave it at that, and TV would be a good way to represent that trope of the genre.
    I'm completely agnostic on the Transylvitonian physiology and life-cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJimBoBob View Post
    It is kinda implied that it takes a Chief Warlord to capture a city, as capturing them is specifically the reason Caesar was sent to capture the former FAQ cities. It's not made absolutely clear, but if it didn't take a Chief Warlord, they wouldn't have needed Caesar except for the fight with Stanley, and Vinny tells Jillian that her story about Stanley wasn't believed.
    Actually, what they mostly didn't believe was precisely the existence of the Faq cities. Caesar was there because they did anticipate facing Stanley, based on Vinnie's advice to the Don.
    Quo vadis?